Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Price of A/C for an AE86??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
n15m0
Newcomer

August 2003
Price of A/C for an AE86?? Thu, 25 September 2003 21:29 Go to next message
Hi guys,

Just want to get an idea of how much it would cost to get air conditioning installed in an AE86. Ballpark figure would be good. Am looking at purchasing a sprinter but it currently does not have a/c. Also, are the 4AC motors prone to leak oil from in between the rockercovers??

Thanks in advance for the advice

J
  Send a private message to this user    
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: Price of A/C for an AE86?? Thu, 25 September 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aftermarket job fully installed and set to work approx $1700-$2100 depends on who you get to do it
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Price of A/C for an AE86?? Thu, 25 September 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although I dont know what a rockercover is Very Happy I know my 4AC doesnt leak any oil. When I first bought it, it needed a new o-ring but otherwise it was fine.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Price of A/C for an AE86?? Fri, 26 September 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres only one rocker cover dood, and if it leaks all it costs JS to fix and is real easy. buy A/C from someone who has removed it (such as myself but i cant be assed taking the inside bits out) then fit it yourself, or, as you sound not so mechanically minded, bring all the bits to a mechanic and get them to put it in then get it gassed up.
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: Price of A/C for an AE86?? Fri, 26 September 2003 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ijust got an 84 AE86.
has AC but needs regassing.
Can I get it regassed and how much u think? Or do you tihnk I will need to update the whole setup?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Price of A/C for an AE86?? Fri, 26 September 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by law it needs to be upgraded to the new type of gas, which is about $150-$200 from memory. or you can find a place that still has the old gas and slip them a fifty and they may gas it for you with the old stuff Smile
n15m0
Newcomer

August 2003
Re: Price of A/C for an AE86?? Fri, 26 September 2003 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn! $1700-$2K thats about what the cars worth??!! Shocked
I was thinking more on the lines of buying a second hand one fr wreckers and getting it installed by a mechanic....less than 1K?? Sad anyways...will let u all know if the deal goes thru. Is $2600 for a stock AE86 without A/C a good price?? Comes with the 4AC of course...
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: Price of A/C for an AE86?? Fri, 26 September 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only a couple of hundred for an upgrade? Sweet!
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Price of A/C for an AE86?? Fri, 26 September 2003 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would depend on the condition of the sprinter for $2500, check it out mechanically and physically (no accidents) first.

Mines still running on the old gas, and hasnt shown any signs of leakage. Legally does it need to be upgraded or only when it has leaked and needs regasing?

SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Price of A/C for an AE86?? Sat, 27 September 2003 08:32 Go to previous message
Just get it regassed when it needs it man.... ie. it doesn't cool you like it should! Smile

You don't get fined for still having the old type of refrigerant in there.

Hello to summer and the A/C posts. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Will This Measurement Fit Into Sprinters?
Next Topic:Turbo AE86 treuno (prestige motorsport)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:36:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054750442504883 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.