Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What kind of gamer are you?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 05:20 Go to next message
I know lots of people here play games, and sorry if this has been done before, but here we go

What systems/genres of games do you play? Me, I'm a Nintendo boy first and foremost, always have been, got a gamecube the day before they came out, had a GBA now a GBA SP.

Currently being played (all gc versions):
V-Rally3
PN03
Fifa2003

Eagerly awaiting:
Fifa2004
Viewtiful Joe
F-Zero GX (droooooooooooool)
Metroid prime2

I use my PC mainly to play snes roms Laughing but also play Splinter Cell, GTA3 and VC. I'm going to begrdugingly eventually get a ps2 for GT4, VF4:Evolution and Sega Tennis, but refuse to get an xbox Razz

Gamecube's have just come down in price to $200 so if you don't have one you are insane not to get one! Metroid Prime, Zelda and PN03 0wnz j00!
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PC
the fps, rts, and rpg are unbeatable (and rts and fps controls invariably suck on consoles)
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fully agree with draven

Why buy a console it's just a slow computer connected to your tv?? Very Happy

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am a big xbox fan. Play just about anything.

At the moment I am playing Knights of the Old Republic, and Colin Mcrae Rally 4. Incredible.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sport and driving games suck on pc, plus you don't get platformers. I guess it comes down to what kind of games you play
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mainly play wolfenstien: enemy territory on pc

play gta: vc, gt3 a-spec, nfs: hot pursuit 2 (love the speed of the ps2 version) and red faction 2 on ps2

have also fiddled with 3d moddeling, and directx sdk on pc

edit: never really got into the rts games, althought c&c: generals was pretty cool

[Updated on: Wed, 01 October 2003 05:53]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RTS and RPG for me.
So that means PC. I don't even have a games console. And I'd prolly stick Linux onto it if I did..... Very Happy
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people have stuck linux onto xbox Smile
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought X-boxes had linux ????
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you crack the XBox and put the Dashboard onto it, what do you think it's running? Smile
Why do you think they can put things like MAME on there? Laughing
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FPSes (Half-Life 2 soon, Viet Cong, Raven Shield, ...)
RTSies (Homeworld2, Rise of Nations, CnC Generals)
RPGs

I go to MPU once a month, play PC games with another 250+ people. http://www.ausgamers.com to register. Come along and drop in and check it out. I'll take you for a spin in my car for a square-eye break.

I must admit though the new Twin Towers game on X-Box is SHIT HOT Shocked My brother bought it for his x-box, and I finished it in 2 nights (was watching all the movies/cut scenes etc.), then the next night finished it with another character, then again. 4th character now - stupid little dwarf.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could also get the Linux PS2 devkit Nark. Prolly the only ps2 worth getting being as it has real VGA connections Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RTS --> C&C, Red Alert, starcraft etc
Racing games --> street rod 1 & 2, colin mcrae 2, GP2 etc
TBS --> Civ1 and 2, sim city 2000 etc
FPS --> half life, counter strike etc

not big on RPG but was addicted to fallout 1 and 2 man they were good games. alos Pirates gets a mention here.

used to be into flight sims when i was a kid B17 flying fortress, harrier jumpjet get a mention

jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MMMMMmmmmmmm.......drool...... half-life 2
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did I tell you I won a HL comp at the last MPU. Prize was HL2! Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aahhh, the days of counterstrike
damn I loved that game. was shit hot at it too Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtman wrote on Wed, 01 October 2003 16:25

You could also get the Linux PS2 devkit Nark. Prolly the only ps2 worth getting being as it has real VGA connections Smile

Yup. Although the fact that it costs more than the PS2 is a bit of a put off...

I've been eyeing my iPAQ for a while.... The urge to stick Linux onto it is becoming unbearable.... Laughing
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
linux geeks... Rolling Eyes

you see my thread about the search on the site? I found out a way around it Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, seen it. Sam is on to it. If/when he has spare time. Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On PC I mainly play GTA 3 and GTA Vice City. I bought a PS2 solely for the purpose of Gran Turismo 3. I don't really see the need to purchase an XBox, its just a slow PC for your TV...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PC for FPS - i LOVE a good FPS

Xbox currently for project Gotham and Sega GT ( friend has one - were slaves to Kudo's atm )

Plastation before that for GT 2 - nearly completed it before my bro's system shat itself ..

Thinking about getting a ps2 for GT3 and Gt4

JEZZ! new car picture - YAY!

Hows the old monster going ? Aiming for dubbo again ? And whats this corolla crap - that Ta22 eats corollas ( munch munch mums car for lunch !) I also hear rumours of a 4agze ?

Instead - i may have a 3sgte up for grabs soon - if i decide to be totally insane and go into debt and get me a st205 group A halfcut and swap it over into the greybeast

this whole 14psi of boost thing isnt enough Wink
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i borrowed my mates PS2 for about 2 years now.
gran turismo 3 freak.
he's probably forgotten all about it now. "now's shmeegles can keep's his pwecious"
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HL2 G3 demo is phenomenal - if they can pull off the stuff taht goes on in there, I'm gonna love it. Hell, I get hard just thinking about what counterstrike 2 will be like

fucking shit fuck just spilt coffee all over my keyboard, and the thesis notes that are surrounding me
mlaser
Regular

March 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm a pc boy through and through, i have an x-box, go it for free (it's pretty much used as a dvd player thats it)

Only games i play these days are Counterstrike and Vice City, got sick of the new tomb raider.

But CS is easily the best game to play online, wasted many hours with that game. I'm glad my g/f plays otherwise i'd still be in trouble Smile
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 01 October 2003 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The xbox system is a stripped down version of linux.

The controls for fps do USUALLY suck, but I found that with Halo they were the best of any fps I had ever played. And believe me I have played a lot.

As for rts, yeah you just cannot have them for consoles. You just need the keyboard.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Thu, 02 October 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CS does rule, heres proof.

http://www.gamespy.com/stats/
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Thu, 02 October 2003 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard so many varied things about counterstrike, there are people who worship the hard disk space it takes up, and others who will argue violently that the people that play it are talentless campers who can't play games that take real skill. Having never played, and not really caring about playing it, I have to sit on the fence Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Thu, 02 October 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Counterstrike can be good and bad. Cheaters are bad, thats for certain. When you get a good group of people all playing together it can be really fun, especially when you all work together the fuck the other team over Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Thu, 02 October 2003 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Counterstrike is good playing with/against people you don't know. If you've got people you do know (or a small LAN - 8ppl) then you can't go past Raven Shield or Viet Cong, these games are increadible multiplayer.

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Thu, 02 October 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i play the nintendo 64 and gamecube, i love goldeneye, perfect dark, the zelda games, resident evil,

and on pc, i loved fallout, quake 1 and 2, the unreal games, starcraft, aliens vs predator, um.... midnight club 2, need for speed (i edited it Evil or Very Mad ) um.....

heaps of good shit. Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Thu, 02 October 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PS2 > gt3 and colin mcrae 3+4
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Thu, 02 October 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
campers dont worry me - they're usually easy to kill.

I stopped playing because of the number of cheaters - skill meant nothing
Although it was always flattering to have people call me a cheat.
vr4gsr
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Fri, 03 October 2003 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im pretty much into the console games( I have had one of every console made in australia except for the jaguar and the saturn)

At the moment Im playing Resident evil zero on GCN,Halo and Gotham racing on XBOX and Vice city on PS2.
My favourite pc game would have to be Project IGI and counterstrike.

What is metriod prime on the gamecube like,been considering buying it for a while but not sure if id like it.

vr4gsr
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Fri, 03 October 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some cunt stole the HL2 source code - and as such the game will prolly be further delayed as valve try and implement additional anti-cheat code

CHEATING F@$%KERS
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Fri, 03 October 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 03 October 2003 14:16

some cunt stole the HL2 source code - and as such the game will prolly be further delayed as valve try and implement additional anti-cheat code

CHEATING F@$%KERS

Mad Mad Mad that'd be ferkin right, wouldnt it Mad
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Fri, 03 October 2003 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vr4gsr wrote on Fri, 03 October 2003 12:10

What is metriod prime on the gamecube like,been considering buying it for a while but not sure if id like it.

vr4gsr

Metroid Prime is awesome. The sense of atmosphere, the graphics, the exploration, the freaking hard boss fights, its a very satisfying game to beat, and every aspect of it reaks of class. I wouldn't think twice about recommending the game.
moo4AGZETA22
Regular

April 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Sun, 05 October 2003 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must be old school, because I like Double Dragon and Street Fighter arcade style. There was a shop that had both of these, and use to be a top place to play them. It's closed now though Crying or Very Sad
Go Zelda, Bondie and Perfect Dark on the 64 Smile What's the Star Wars game on the Gamecube? That is a cool game.

Back to the thesis......

Justin Rolling Eyes
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Sun, 05 October 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moo4AGZETA22 wrote on Sun, 05 October 2003 17:13

I must be old school, because I like Double Dragon and Street Fighter arcade style. There was a shop that had both of these, and use to be a top place to play them. It's closed now though Crying or Very Sad
Go Zelda, Bondie and Perfect Dark on the 64 Smile What's the Star Wars game on the Gamecube? That is a cool game.

Back to the thesis......

Justin Rolling Eyes

shadows of the empire??? thats good, i got in on the pooter tho Smile
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Sun, 05 October 2003 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
consoles rule!
1)nintendo entertainment system
2)super nintendo entertainment system
3)nintendo 64
4)game cube
5)2 generations of game boys
6)and 2 handheld LCD nintendo donkey kong games,
so much fun so many memories,
but i lurv my ps2 and GT3, boy have i clocked up some hours on that game

not to mention my old atari lynx
yeow
lets see you fit ur PC into your pocket, and run it on batteries

[Updated on: Sun, 05 October 2003 08:32]

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Mon, 06 October 2003 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sun, 05 October 2003 16:10

moo4AGZETA22 wrote on Sun, 05 October 2003 17:13

Back to the thesis......

Justin Rolling Eyes

shadows of the empire??? thats good, i got in on the pooter tho Smile

No, I think he meant Rogue Squadron 2, very cool game. RS3 is out soon, that looks amazing Shocked
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: What kind of gamer are you? Mon, 06 October 2003 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im a battlefield man, i just cant get enough of that game Very Happy the multiplayer is awesome... havnt played the secret weapons add on yet... could be interesting Very Happy
kyler
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 08 October 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to play one of those online typing style rpg's called Medievia. I mean I love games like Diablo2, Starcraft etc but I managed to clock over 1500 hours of play in one year into this game.

And all it was was text on a screen played through a telnet style client with colours...

www.medievia.com

Don't play any more though and I haven't hardcore gamed since (hardcore meaning spending some nights playing till the sun comes up and playing the game at least 1 every single day).

I'm yet to find a game as addicting. There's just something about playing with 100's of other people online that really makes a game stand out...
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What kind of gamer are you? Wed, 08 October 2003 03:00 Go to previous message
A mate of mine played two days straight on a mud. He said he's never been hooked on a game like it before. I think he's tried to stay out of them tho for his own hygiene and social benefits Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hey Buddy, Got Any Spare Change?!?
Next Topic:poll: Roosters vs Panthers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:10:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062038898468018 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.