Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 02 May 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bastard
  Send a private message to this user    
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 02 May 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha...i'll fix it...
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 02 May 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u shit talkers....

Rolling Eyes
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Tue, 04 May 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back on topic, you could make parts for easy conversions, So anyboy going from 4ac to 20v or GZE can just pick up a bracket/whatever and be on there way to an easier conversion. I've got a peice that might be of interest. It's a kinda tube that runs along the bottom of the engine bay and mount the thermostat in a different place. reallt har to describe, i'll seee if i can get a pi to you.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sat, 08 May 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about front and rear strut braces ? I would like some Smile
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 09 May 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mutilate wrote on Sat, 08 May 2004 10:33

how about front and rear strut braces ? I would like some Smile

Yeah all welded and no moving bits pivot joints etc just welded pieces.

Oh and by the way....... hello all..... yes I am back... sprinter still not on road.... 2 years this comming week since I bought it! No No No

[Updated on: Sun, 09 May 2004 03:47]

Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 09 May 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pictures ?

TA-TEE-TEE-TAA-TEE--ZAAAAAAA!

meh.

Thanks,

Matt
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 09 May 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe some decent RCAs, but not hugely insanely expensive like the Whiteline ones.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 09 May 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are the whiteline rca's
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 09 May 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not much, just a casual $205 ex GST. So about $225. For a pair. Alloy. No bolts.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 09 May 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 13:16

Yeah all welded and no moving bits pivot joints etc just welded pieces.

Oh and by the way....... hello all..... yes I am back... sprinter still not on road.... 2 years this comming week since I bought it! No No No

how about this one...the top one that is. made from aluminium, you have to sit on it to get it in the gap, and it also acts as a harness mount.
http://www.users.bigpond.com/steveg101/rear-inside.jpg

and, welcome back Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 09 May 2004 11:26]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 09 May 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speedy

shit man

been a long time

last time you were here i didnt have my trueno :OO

now look!@
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 09 May 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There seems to be alot about the RCA topic , I have just finished rebuilding a sprinter front end with the pug/hulux/corona whatever that crappy place in richmond in victoria calls it brake conversion , And i have seen a problem with this conversion , and a few other conversions like ra60 brake/strut .

the ball joint end of the arm hits the disc !!!!!!!!

And i cannot believe what the workshop had done , smashed in the end of the arm with a hammer .

But anyway back to the problem , the negative offset on the struts used in this conversion is not a problem ! just use different longer arms / camber tops etc , but the real problem lies in the steering if the car has power steering , yes the jap spec power steering arms make the steering lock more with non powersteer racks etc etc , but if the car has to have powersteer , then the non strut offset on the steering arms make the arm closer to the disc again , plus you loose the camber , then you are back to where you started .

So what about a RCA with two positions to overcome this problem with all these various struts used , anyone can make a RCA but i haven't seen a decent one to accommodate all these strut brake / combinations ..

Maybe i should rephrase this , there are one type available i have seen for nissan strut conversions that have the same problem , i think in like a r31 strut to datto 1600/stanza type thing ! they have these alloy RCA that two piece and are adjustable though a range from lower bolts , i have only seen these a datto speed shop , and have no idea how they work and if they would ever be road legal . There where price at like $300 so i dont really want to buy a set to see .

[Updated on: Sun, 09 May 2004 12:40]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Sun, 09 May 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 21:16

There seems to be alot about the RCA topic , I have just finished rebuilding a sprinter front end with the pug/hulux/corona whatever that crappy place in richmond in victoria calls it brake conversion , And i have seen a problem with this conversion , and a few other conversions like ra60 brake/strut .

the ball joint end of the arm hits the disc !!!!!!!!

And i cannot believe what the workshop had done , smashed in the end of the arm with a hammer .

But anyway back to the problem , the negative offset on the struts used in this conversion is not a problem ! just use different longer arms / camber tops etc , but the real problem lies in the steering if the car has power steering , yes the jap spec power steering arms make the steering lock more with non powersteer racks etc etc , but if the car has to have powersteer , then the non strut offset on the steering arms make the arm closer to the disc again , plus us loose the camber , then you are back to where you started .

So what about a RCA with two positions to overcome this problem with all these various struts used , anyone can make a RCA but i haven't seen a decent one to accommodate all these strut brake / combinations ..

for want of a better pic, how about these -
http://www.japanesemotorsport.com.au/DCP02455.JPG
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Mon, 10 May 2004 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 09 May 2004 21:36

speedy

shit man

been a long time

last time you were here i didnt have my trueno :OO

now look!@

*puts on snobby Hollywood teen girl voice*

"I know..... and I'm like.. sooooooo jelous!" Laughing

After seeing that pic man (guy cramps aside Shocked )I can truely say that it has made me realise why I fell in love with sprinters in the first place man. Hopefully things get moving soon and I can again get to love my sprinter, and even drive it.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 May 2004 21:42]

joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Tue, 11 May 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey steve, im interested in the upper rear brace..
i actually PMed u a whilew back but i ran out of funds... and i'm still low on funds.
it'll be good if u make more of them. i'l definitely buy one.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Tue, 11 May 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i actually have one left here, not sure if someone put dibs on it, but you can have it anyway, and i'll get more made up.

pm sent
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Thu, 20 May 2004 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey simon-ae86, i just thought of something u can fabricate for the ae86 people.. how about a master cylinder brace?

i just realised, there is a simon-ae86 and steve-ae86. confusing to say the least Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:45]

genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Fri, 21 May 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, simon and steve are married to each other.

for people running without rubber spring seats would it be of any advantage to replace them with a metal piece in the same shape?

how about triangle chassis bars for the front quarters. (u know what i mean)
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Fri, 21 May 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havent read all of the ideas but what about these.

Pod Filer air box with piping to inlet To avoid those cops snooping. maybe different colors. Perspex tops if wanted.??

New Spark plug cover plate (Between Rockers) with ae86 or something to that effect stamped into it.

Coilover conversion kit for front.

Strut brace front (One that joins to firewall aswell)

Im sure ill think of something else.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Fri, 21 May 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ILUSZN wrote on Fri, 21 May 2004 13:31

Pod Filer air box with piping to inlet To avoid those cops snooping. maybe different colors. Perspex tops if wanted.??

New Spark plug cover plate (Between Rockers) with ae86 or something to that effect stamped into it.

Coilover conversion kit for front.

Strut brace front (One that joins to firewall aswell)

could make something like that for the air intake, but waste of time, really. cops don't care too much for pod filters here.

spark plug cover plate could be done, maybe aluminium, with engraving or something?

i already do short stroke coilover conversions for AE86's. PM me for details.

Strut braces can be easily bought, but firewall jointed would be pretty cool...might have to look into that Very Happy

genkin wrote on Fri, 21 May 2004 12:31

yes, simon and steve are married to each other.

for people running without rubber spring seats would it be of any advantage to replace them with a metal piece in the same shape?

how about triangle chassis bars for the front quarters. (u know what i mean)

hahaha..

no advantage whatsoever. you can buy the rubbers from toyota new for $25 each. but they serve no purpose other than noise absorbtion, and ride comfort.

one day...i may be able to get some of those braces done. been wanting to for a while.

joyride wrote on Fri, 21 May 2004 01:12

hey steve-ae86, i just thought of something u can fabricate for the ae86 people.. how about a master cylinder brace?

i'm on it Very Happy

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Getting some interest - AE86 fans read on..... Fri, 21 May 2004 11:11 Go to previous message
for us clueless people what rose-joints do you use? qa1 or aruora? id imagine you use 4340 ones?which type the tube you use for the pan rods cdw or heat treated tube?
mick
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:call me stupid but what is diff with trueno and sprinter
Next Topic:New Zoom: Good Yota Content!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 03:50:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076971054077148 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.