Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Dyno Issues Sun, 21 July 2002 03:06 Go to next message
Does anyone know a place in brisbane that has half a clue how to Dyno and tune a carbiefied 4 cylinder car ?

I got a very VERY dissapointing result form the CCCQ dyno day - and i know my motor has way more potential than the graphed 47.5Hp at the rears ..

Hell this motor im running is capable of 185HP atthe fly with a good cam - and you cant tell me that swapping back to my normal cam - while adding better carb and exhaust will result in a DRAMATIC loss in power ..

So - calls going out - I want a mild cam for a 2t/3t single cam - to put in mine - and a mechanic who knows what the hell hes on about .. A laptop WONT tune my car - it requires a human brain - a screwdriver , and a spanner

[Updated on: Tue, 23 July 2002 02:18]

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dyno Morons Sun, 21 July 2002 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try Barnes Performance at the Sunshine Coast! Look on the chiptorque page!
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Dyno Morons Mon, 22 July 2002 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stew,

mate if you were running the carbie you sold me then anything would be better than that !!....it is totalled, the air flaps at the top were stuffed (one is missing) and a few other things

i have a spare 3t-c motor if you want to do something with that maybe a 3t block and 2t head for higher compression

email me jemima@winshop.com.au
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Morons Mon, 22 July 2002 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What was wrong with the carb ? It always had only one flap on it ??? as do all my other 2t carbs ive got In Vic ..

the Auto choke - its missing cause its been swapped to mechanical , and id wired up the secondaries to work as mechanical to override the old non working vaccum secondary ( they never work on those carbs anyway ).. otherwise it was complete .. been working fine on my motor the last 2 years ...

I dinno what u mean by the flap at the top - cause im positive hell thats how they all are - 3tc's have a diferent carb im sure..

The carb ran ok - bar a flatspot in the middle somewhere - but it would have dynoed better than my weber I bet - that things Way out in mixture ..

Stuart
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Dyno Morons Mon, 22 July 2002 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stew check you email.....disregard first paragraph Grin

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Dyno Morons Wed, 25 September 2002 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i second jeff barnes {barnes performance}. he races sports sedans with us and is a very good engine builder and know alot about what makes a car tick.
mick
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Issues Sun, 29 September 2002 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By "normal" cam, do you mean the stock cam? Because 50 rwhp sounds about right for a 2T...
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: Dyno Issues Sun, 29 September 2002 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pardon my ignorance but how much does it cost to get a car dynoed to give my an idea og the rwhp ??????????

i had a run with a silvia twice in maroocydore that is suposed to be a 14 sec car blah blah blah ... and blew the doors off it complete with pcchh pcchh blow of valves Smile

be interested to see what hp soarer is developing
len
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: Dyno Issues Sun, 29 September 2002 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pardon my ignorance but how much does it cost to get a car dynoed to give my an idea og the rwhp ??????????

i had a run with a silvia twice in maroocydore that is suposed to be a 14 sec car blah blah blah ... and blew the doors off it complete with pcchh pcchh blow of valves Smile

be interested to see what hp soarer is developing
len
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Issues Thu, 03 October 2002 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Sun, 29 September 2002 12:49

By "normal" cam, do you mean the stock cam? Because 50 rwhp sounds about right for a 2T...

yup stock cam though id expected a little more form it with the other mods around the cam ..

NAyway - next weeks the big week - got a guy HOPEFULLY slotting in the cfam and tuning the bastard CORRECTLY .. Ill have updated figures in a fortnight - fingers crossed
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: Dyno Issues Sat, 01 March 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 21 July 2002 13:06

Does anyone know a place in brisbane that has half a clue how to Dyno and tune a carbiefied 4 cylinder car ?

I got a very VERY dissapointing result form the CCCQ dyno day - and i know my motor has way more potential than the graphed 47.5Hp at the rears ..

Hell this motor im running is capable of 185HP atthe fly with a good cam - and you cant tell me that swapping back to my normal cam - while adding better carb and exhaust will result in a DRAMATIC loss in power ..

So - calls going out - I want a mild cam for a 2t/3t single cam - to put in mine - and a mechanic who knows what the hell hes on about .. A laptop WONT tune my car - it requires a human brain - a screwdriver , and a spanner

i'll start by saying 50hp @ rear skids... nice Laughing

can you really expect 185hp @ the fly from just a cam?? that figures so fresh from your ass its still got chunks on it
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Dyno Issues Sat, 01 March 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol thats the funniest thing ive heard all day, funny cos its true, right now he says it can lift the front wheels up when he stomps the gas
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Dyno Issues Sat, 01 March 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol thats the funniest thing ive heard all day, funny cos its true, right now he says it can lift the front wheels up when he stomps the gas
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Dyno Issues Sat, 01 March 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: Dyno Issues Sun, 02 March 2003 07:05 Go to previous message
celicamad85 wrote on Sat, 01 March 2003 22:22

LIFT THE FRONT TYRES... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fun Run
Next Topic:News from the south :)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:26:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050489902496338 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.