Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » PIX of my Camry SV21..... :)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
icon10.gif  PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Fri, 24 October 2003 06:16 Go to next message
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl4lxm/camrypix.jpg

ok these are small but more will come soon Smile Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 24 October 2003 06:19]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Fri, 24 October 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey nice one dude, how come your extractors are so 'new' did you paint them with something?

mine look soooo old.. Smile
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Fri, 24 October 2003 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they came like that from Genie.......

they're only 10 months old
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Fri, 24 October 2003 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this was the dyno reading, without the cold air induction...

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl4lxm/camry.jpg
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Fri, 24 October 2003 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah very nice result man! is that engine the 3sfe?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Fri, 24 October 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Nice, Your Engine Bay looks clean, did you clean it. So are you coming to the Toymods Cruise? Id love to see how your car goes.

StephenT Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Fri, 24 October 2003 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh it ain't that clean... just looks it. Smile

Yeah will be there dude, I teach sunday school till about 9.45, so I may have to meet y'all at North Head, but I will be there for sure! Smile

I don't go so good with the pod filter ( http://homepage.mac.com/andrewlincolne/.Pictures/P hoto%20Album%20Pictures/2003-10-15%2006.23.26%20-0 700/Image-ACC3A09AFF1011D7.jpg) as it does with the panel + cai, but it still is going ok. I by accident forgot to tighten the filler cap too when I was on a road trip recently and kinda gave the left side of the engine an oil bath, so it ain't too clean now Sad
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Mon, 27 October 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i got bored one day and decided to rub EVERYTHING down with degreaser Surprised

sorry i couldnt come on the cruse, too much Uni work to do Sad

How much of a difference does the sway-bar make to the handling? I've put on new springs, shocks and bushes but i wasn't sure if the sway-bay and anti-roll-bar were worth the $$

Any opinions on cost/benifit for them?? Confused

i'll get some more pix of the zorst and shit soon.

I also want a new front bar cauz the stock one is so ugly and the bottom(metal part) is cained as hell Sad Are they expensive?

Oh and i gotta show u guys the DUMB "silencer" that was attached to the intake placed inbetween the guard and the engine bay.... it's HUGE Shocked

Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Mon, 27 October 2003 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PS.
if u guys(camry owners) wanna go for a cruse to the blue mountains (bellsline road) or wollongon(via the nat. park) in the Chrisy holidays, please tell me so i can organise it, maps and directions and stuff. Very Happy

i'd love to go crusin wit some other hard-core camrys Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Mon, 27 October 2003 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey buddy didn't see you on the cruise.. I didn't meet the group till North Head (waz at church am)

had the passenger seat spare for you and all! Smile

Rob
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Mon, 27 October 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Iceman, You know there are not many camrys out here in Syd maybe 4-5 that would come, call all Toyota car owners including celicas,rollas,sprinter and supras it will be a lot more fun. Very Happy You should put it up in Events. Smile

RobST162 - sorry i couldnt come, i had to go down to wollongong to do some work with my dad. Crying or Very Sad p.s. did it rain on the cruise.

StephenT Smile
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Mon, 27 October 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iceman a Camry cruise would be pretty sweet.But as smt 007 he are limited on numbers.Ive seen a dozen modified Camrys in and around Sydney but coudnt get into contact with any of the owners.My mate raced a GEN2 Camry like yours in his 2L manual pulsar a couple of weeks ago and he got his ass handed to him his car was heaps loud but everytime we tried to stop and talk he would drive off Mad
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Mon, 27 October 2003 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey westlife, The camry ur mate was racing was definately the gen2 v6 version camry. btw. was ur mates car a sss pulsar coz they are quick and a 2.0l camry would have a slim chance to beat it.

StephenT Smile
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Mon, 27 October 2003 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forgot to mention we had 3 passengers and he had none Laughing

Hmm I doubt it was a V6 cause it was manual and I dont think the V6 Gen2 came in a manual.Nah it was the new model T.I or something not an SSS.
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Mon, 27 October 2003 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was going to say, Damn! I didnt know the gen2's would go THAT hard. the SSS is a formidable opponent for any 2L N/A car.

I've never raced anything other than a golf GTI and i'm pretty sure it was auto, cauz i was neck and neck till the speed limmit (of course). Cool

i was thinkin of taking my SV21 to the creek and seeing what times it would do Laughing .... but not till the chrisy holidays Rolling Eyes
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Tue, 28 October 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yours a manual mate ?

Someone of Toyota Nation ran his GEN2 down the 1/4mile and netted a 18.6 or something Very Happy.His mods were cat back and cai.
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Wed, 29 October 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah of course! i MAN never drives an auto unless the car was only made in auto...... then he's allowed 1month to change the transmittion Cool

well i dunno what times i'd get, as i said i've only really raced 1 guy for like 20 seconds so i have no idea HOW slow my car is.

U said the guy with a gen2 got 18 with a catback and a cai.... what's a "cai"?
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Wed, 29 October 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So does no1 know if a sway-bar would be worth the $$ or even if replacing the stock anti-roll-bar with an after market one would make much difference??

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Wed, 29 October 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I Man...

CAI is Cold Air Intake...

And with regards to the rear sway bar, they are cheap and noticeable... You will notice a difference with a Sway bar, lowered and hardened springs and aftermarket shocks...
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Thu, 30 October 2003 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah sorry bout that i dont know where my mind was when i read "cai". it just didnt register lol Laughing

ok sweat thanx for the feedback bot the sway bay. so only the back one u reckon.... not the front aswel??

I wanna go to the Creek these Uni holidays cuz i reckon my Gen2 will be in the 16's somewhere Very Happy

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Thu, 30 October 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Watsup i just got over a big Fever the past 4 days, thats why i wasnt posting, for 3 days i could barely see. Embarassed Now im recovering.

I have looked at the swaybar idea check toyotanation.com they have heaps of info on swaybars on gen2 camrys.

As for qtr mile camry his nick is Camryman, ran 18.93@71 mph
- more info:

Name: Ignatius Tse
Car: 1991 Camry Ultima SV21
Engine: 3S-FE
Mods: Genie Header
2" Mandrel Bent Exhaust pipes
Hi-Flow Cat
Walker Super Turbo Muffler
K&N Cold Air Box panel filter
15" Five Spoke Celica Alloys wrapped in 205/55 V-rated Toyos
Clarion SRR1023 100W 4" 2 way Speakers
Clarion SRR1632 150W 6" 3 way Speakers

Have Fun
StephenT:)

[Updated on: Thu, 30 October 2003 03:14]

westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Thu, 30 October 2003 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the states yesterday a V6 5spd Camry supercharged ran a 13.5 Cool
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Fri, 31 October 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys.. can i just say that the n14 Ti pulsar is just a SSS with a more luxurios interior.. and less sporty suspension. engine and drivetrain is all the same
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Sat, 01 November 2003 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the Ti has the sr20de Engine.
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Sun, 02 November 2003 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that wat engine a SSS has Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Mon, 10 November 2003 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

Iceman is you exhaust system very loud?.
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Tue, 11 November 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I got it done at Quick-Fit mufflers in Artarmon. All up i think it was $770-$800 for 2inch headers, and catback, but that price does not include the muffler cauz i already had one. They put a larger cat on there as well. mine is 2 and 1/4 inch cat now.

it made a big difference to the performance. the engine is a lot freeer to rev and with a straight through muffler it accellerates better Smile

I have a 2inch cannon with a 3inch tip. it's not as loud as the more oval shaped mufflers you see on swifts or wrx's, but it has a sertin throughtiness to it if u know what i mean. More deeper sound rather than a straight out volume. it doesnt drone either.

if i could do it again i'd prob get 2 and a 1/4 cauz i didnt get mandrel bends so the pipe get significently smaller at the corners.
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Tue, 11 November 2003 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey SMT_007, where do u live in sydney?

do u wanna meet up somewhere in a few weeks and compair SV21's, or go for a cruse??

I'd love to see another moded camry up-close Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Tue, 11 November 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate, i live in south west sydney near Liverpool. I dont think i told you but a while back my sister drove the car along the fence Sad , denting the two doors and panels went onto the side intrusion bars on the front left door. Ill be getting it fixed soon im going for a quote today. But shit yeah i will deffinately be up for a cruise in the next month Cool .
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Tue, 11 November 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopefully crazy_camry will have his turbo by then Very Happy

I'll be up for a mini Camry cruise if its sometime late December Laughing
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Tue, 11 November 2003 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

MAd! Evil or Very Mad Cmry cruse Very Happy that' would be great!!!!

hows the 20th(sat) or the 21st(sun) of December?

u two up for it?

I guess if this works out i should put it in EVENTS.....

Either way stm_007 i'd love to see ur SV21 even if we dont go 4 a cruse. Smile
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Tue, 11 November 2003 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those thats should be fine for me Very Happy

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Tue, 11 November 2003 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,

If you didne see this on the other thread, Heres a small video of my Camry doing a small burnout and fast flyby. The movie is 2mb and runs for 2:40, so the quality is not the best. The Original is 700mb but i need to compress it.

Enjoy Very Happy

http://home.iprimus.com.au/smt7/ToyBurnoutFlyBy-Lo w quality.WMV

btw Sundays are good for me, as for that date ill findout if ill be here in syd ill be out for about a week, but ill get back to you today.

StephenT Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2003 22:20]

DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Thu, 13 November 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U know guys its amzing, my Dad bought me my camry, and i sort of thought, oh well, i guess, its a CAR, so better than walking and what not, a few weeks later i though, well, i have some audio equipment which i had lent to a mate, originaly bought it when i had my colt, but never got around to putting it in,
so i put that in, and thought aww yeah sounding good, then i thought to myself, well since i got all this equipment in, i might get a car alarm, to protect it, and hey remote central door locks, to give it that extra classy touch, i thought it would be funny having an old car fitted with an alarm and the remote key lock,

then i went to get the all important "rims" $49.95, kmart auto section, nice Wink

I then did something stupid after this.. i wont say what it was, rather i had to get an exhaust, i was saddened by this as i liked my "damafication" i had done to my car, my dad being the rather conservative type forced me to buy a new exhaust, but guess what? Tuffy Mufflers, they told me an original muffler costs $300, and a sports $150, so i got a shiny new exhaust,, louder and shinier thank the original, and cheaper to boot!

After that i told my dad my suspension was a bit soft, so we spent 2 days taking out the shocks and springs, replacing them with king springs and monroe gt shocks, the first day, we did the back components, with the front still sagging and the rear tight and high it was a intresting experience! the next morning we did the front, we went to get the brake rotor machined too, but as it was beyond machining we bought new ones, i wanted DBA sloted, and green stuff pads, but my dad was quick to shoot that one down!

so yeah, the ride was more tight and stiff, nice,now i could go RICING! Razz but gues what, now i realise the ride is sitting higher! this is cos the old shox were leaking and gave the appearance of a lowered stance, now the new shocks and springs, while the springs were actualy lowered ones, they but the car back to its orginal height, so in the future, im talking about fuuuuture here, i want to get sum shiny 17;s and lower this baby to a nice ass riding stance, cos at the moment i can go 4WD driving mate, i cruise onto footpaths being a chode no worries, well thats the one thing il be missing when i get the low lows, but oh well, maybe sumtime il get airbags and get a sweet compromise,,ooh boy where am i going? it all started with the audio equipment!

tinted windows soon followed, i went "somewhere" and asked for a "certain" amount of tint Wink

oh and now? using my wonderful word skills i went online to get EAK 11N number plates, with a Provisional plate, so its PEAK11N (on a natural high) even though (insert contradictional statement here), just to look cool Wink all part of the jealousy rage (ie: like when u see a supra or 180 or GTR with p plates)

and then.. i found toymods, oh aint life sweet?

ICEMAN: is ur avatar the cam? i dont have the executive, no tach, just a clok! but im going to get a tacho put in, i need my revs, rev vision is cool, my top speed is 160, BUT that was in 4th gear so i mite go for another run sumtime

i also like your black rim treatment,, nice simple n sleek, so u also got the king springs n monoroe shocks, howd that go n hwo much did you pay? mine was about $400 all up

i like your dyno stats too, what i want to know is whether you had a dyno run done before the mods, i need one done as i want to get a k&n panel filter, and see the diff it makes, i also want to need new spark plugs, what do u reckon generic, or splitfire? i can write these off on tax for my company so the money doenst really matter too much, but if you know of various things that make more power output, im keen to know!

where are other things that will increase the power, if only slightly, things like, doing things with the airbox, cold air induction, a full 2"1/2 system plus extractors. since i already have a muffler, would i need to get another one if i get a full system?

when you talked about the POD u said it dont go so good, how do u mean, in sounds or performance? yeah jsut tell me everything ou know, come aroudn someday well do a bit of backyard maintance cheking out each others set ups

in fact, anyone who has a camry! come round

sway bars are definately whats needed, if you get any word where you can get them from, yup, add another one to the order Wink same to the front bar, and any other kits for it, ive heard form a freind queen st smash repairs have done a camry, il have to look into this, i dont know the queen st smash repairs site, anyone?

i also asked around about kits for the camry, no ones done one, (ive been to SSV and a smal factory place) but cant they just be made, its fibreglass after all, im also looking for a spoiler, a nice small sleek one like the ones you see on the "sport" model camry

btw do you know if the "sport" version is any better performance wise, or is it just a sticker, alloy rims and a spoiler?

whats this DUMB silencer you speak of? one time at maccas i ran over a bottle, fearing id blow my tyres i stopped to check and i heard this loud hissing, my mate who knows much more bout cars than me, sed turn off th engine, this i did and the sound stopped. wow i thought dont you jus luv it

Westlife, you said his ass got handed to him, so he lost? do you know which model it was?

Rollaboy, cheerd for the toyota nation site

SMT: heh heh sweet cam n nice burnout lad, just how did u do it!! i got an auto!, i want to get a manul conversion? is this worth doing or should i get a engine front from a higher performance car and put it all together with the manual transmission?

Everyone :

Yeah we all definately have to go for a cruise sumtime, may i suggest a cruise around the hills then stopping by the tav for sum refreshments? plus we can all park our cars at the front and b tha ultimate camry crew! hey this is my mind on the natural high i was talking about Smile

Cyas later

Ps: for a direct line to me, im bboy2battle@hotmail.com

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Thu, 13 November 2003 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Drextc is your camry carby or efi, i heard auto camrys go quite slow but never been in one, well go 4 a drive and u can see the difference between auto and manual, my car has got a little slower off the line after 17 inch wheels, well they are 3 inches bigger than stock and thats 6-inches total bottom and top. but it still goes hard as u see from the video, just that 17inch wheels are freakin $200 each so i had to cut down on hard launching, but when my cuzn came with his video camera i had to do a little burnout Very Happy . If a cop decided to check my car il get a defect 4 the wheels. If you want to do a burnout holdup your handbrake as high as possible and hit the accelerator in [D]. I looked at getting a camry strut bar for the camry they said it costs bout $40AUS and shipping is $80AUS Shocked WTF.

my direct email is smt_007@hotmail.com

I so badly want the number plate SMT-007 coz smt is fist letter of first,middle and lastname. My sister works in nrma so i got her to find out which fool owns it, she said its a landcruiser in outback nsw in a town called Deepwater NSW, and i have all his details but dont know what to say, hell say how did u get my info, what do u guys think i should say.

StephenT Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2003 14:39]

DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Thu, 13 November 2003 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, jus added u 2 msn, yeh it is quite slow, but wen i need the speed it kicks in quite well, wat i love doing is, slowly crawlin to the lights, on the side of someone, and they are the only car there...or its a left merges in2 the rite and no ones there. the gettin the timing rite. and hitting it on green and passing like 20 cars all in the rite lane! yay for traffic litez!

17 inch wheels slowr? do u know why?
my dad also said something about the tacho and km;s begin incorrect is this true too?

why would it be a defect, arnte cops freindly sensitive pple who respect guys like us who care for our cars and want to make them look nicer?

yeh mate put me down for a strut bar, whats the site, or distrubutor? maybe if we both buy one we can get a discount? did u say WTF as itd so cheap?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Thu, 13 November 2003 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah,
17z are slow of the mark but faster in high speed also its illegal coz u can only go 2inches larger than stock, so 16z will be legal, i think my car is off my about 6-8 ks which is not good, il check for sure with someone driving beside me, to fix it ill have to get the speedo calibrated on a dyno. I said wtf becuase it costs double the price of the item to ship the damn item. Place is called megan racing, it will be cheaper if we all get one at once.

StephenT Smile
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Thu, 13 November 2003 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm il keep the stokies then, for a while, til my MP wins the fight in court for legislation to allow all camrys 21inch lol lows

megan racing eh, do they have a site?

wher n how much can u get dyno tested?

can we ship it ourselves? hey i wuldnt mind a trip to japan justified by parts for the camry Wink

well figure out sumfing soon

ava good one lad

-Adz
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Fri, 14 November 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man,

www.meganracing.com it in the US.

Dyno speedo calibration would probably cost $100

If you go to Japan get me a supra or 2 in your suitcase. Very Happy

Guys what do you think about Sunday 7th of december for the Cruise, yay or nay.

Have Fun
StephenT Smile
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Fri, 14 November 2003 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, hey speakin of speedos. today i had to deliver a few boxes to sutherland, on the way there i was caning it through traffic, havin a a blast, oh btw this was in my dads hilux ute, i also popped into tempe tyres, had a look at sum shinies, so anyway i did the delivery and started on the cruise back to sydney

now heres the thing.. i COULD have blasted along, but i chose not to.. amazing huh, going over tom uglies bridge i was admiring the view, when up ahead i saw, oh oh, u guessed it boys in blu.. i slammed on the brakes, thinking i was way over, but the boys didnt even flinch... tell u wat ive had sum amazing close calls

thanks for the site, gona giv a real good look at, but rite now gotta get ready for training.

hey SMT im going on schoolies so i wont be able to make it that time, how bout this sunday, the 16th. Where is everyone from. we meet up at a nice quiet, yet well known location, i can only recomend, BP xpress carlo, 7 eleven north rocks, or a more central to everyones location? then go to a beach say manly, or sumwher less hectic, avalon, palm beach, have a swim, grab sum food n chat,chek out talent, then head back around 5 getting to towers around 7 and maybe a cofee at the piazza at towers where we can just chill n chat

juz a recomendation, its up to all to put in their 2 cents! i encourage it!

wats everyone doing 2nite n e way?

well like i sed i better get goin

laters

-Adz
-Adz
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Sat, 15 November 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys !

So what days are planned for this cruise ? plz make it late December
as I will be on holidays from the 1st hehe.We should put a thread up on cruise and events and see if anyone else is interested.I was speaking to another bloke and he said he will be up for a Camry gathering.He has a GEN2 like you guys and he is ATM in the process of fitting in a 3S-GTE off a ST205 GT4 Celica Shocked Very Happy

So lets see whos coming Cool
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Sat, 15 November 2003 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 7th Dec. sounds fine to me Smile

i cant wait to see sum other sick Camrys Surprised

DrExTc: yeah the speedO is from the camry but i took the pic too early, i had it to 185kms but i doubt it was that fast cuz the speedO prob isnt that accurite...... Crying or Very Sad

the suspension cost me $1200 but that was springs, shocks, bushes and strut-mounts.

The POD filter does not tdo so well in the camry engine bay cuz its so hot and very difficult to get cold air into that corner without cutting holes...

The silencer is a big plastic box sitting above the passanger front wheel. Take off the guard over the wheel and u'lkl see what i mean. It is there to "dampen" the intake sound. It's between the engine bay wall and the outter guard. there is a hole in the engine bay wall just under the fuse box which connects the air intake pipe to the box.

Block off the end of the pipe in your engine bay, take out the silencer and make sure the hole on the side of the pipe matches up with the hole in the side of the engine bay, ..... and THERE YOU HAVE IT!! Cold Air Induction (CAI) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Cool

where can we go for the Camry cruse? where do you all wanna meet?? Thornlie Maccers if we wanna go Bell's-line road to the blue mountains (i can never spell that suburb right....) Or Brighton if we wanna go to Woolongong through the national park.

They are both GREAT drives!!!
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Sat, 15 November 2003 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13th,20th or 21st ? Very Happy

with these dates I can get Craig with his 3s-gte camry Shocked Cool

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2003 01:31]

Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Sat, 15 November 2003 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry bout that Westlife, i must have been writing my reply when u posted..... lol Laughing

yeah, i've got holidays from the 19th of this month(next Wed.) So i'll go any date when every1 else can come Very Happy

We should make it a Sunday as SMT_007 might not be able to come.... Sad

So that's the 14th or the 21st of December. IS THAT COOL WIT EVERY1?? If so then i'll put it in the events section, but not before we have confermed a date between our selves. Cool

Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Sat, 15 November 2003 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are the pix i said were coming..... Evil or Very Mad

These are my nice subbies Very Happy
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl4lxm/Boot 1.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl4lxm/Boot 2.jpg

this is the cannon my friend gave me.... i love my mates Cool
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl4lxm/Muff 1.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl4lxm/Muff 2.jpg
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Sun, 16 November 2003 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,

Sunday December 14th Is Ok with me, what do you guys think?. Very Happy

westlife - i think ive heard the name craig, he has 3rd gen camry right and he lives in newcastle.

Iceman - nice exhaust and audio system setup, where did u get the exhaust done?, coz i need to get a new 2inch exhaust from the cat back coz i have a exhaust leak (well i cant complain the car has 360,000 ks)anyway tell me where i can go. Also i will try do the cai mod Very Happy , did the car go a little better with that mod?.

StephenT Smile
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Sun, 16 November 2003 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sweet the 14th is good for me! Cool Cool How bout the rest of you guys? Smile

SMT_007: i got my exhaust done at quick fit mufflers in artarmon. Tell me when u want it done and i'll come, cuz they give ppl a discount if i bring them in Cool, cuz i've been there so often Very Happy (cat-back should be between $320 and $350. they also give u a larger cat, to fit, from a 4WD or some thing)

The only thing i would say is, get a 2and a half inch cat back cauz of that silly s bend the pipe does around the rear susspension strut. The piping gets signifficantly smaller around bends and the s bend is like 3 90º turns and thats really shit for the "flow". Mad

The CAI improved the "off-idle" responce and added that "fully sick" sucky sound when u pump the throttle off idle Evil or Very Mad . It took me about 30mins to do. i could help u do it if u want.... You just need a 10m socket and some electrical tape Smile

I was looking for the silencer to take a pic of to show u guys but it's gone walk-about. Sad

OK go here for Cruse details Smile http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=23853&start=0&rid=2025&S=7275c532865 3465fc90a5c0b460e8641.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 November 2003 17:02]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Sat, 10 January 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey howz it going, so your coming to Toymods dyno day, heres a dyno video of a sv21 from a past dyno day. Smile

http://www.toymods.org.au/Dyno_Day_2/Videos/Dicky. MPG
DJB79
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Thu, 29 September 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whaqt engine is that you have pictured. lokos like a SV21 shell but not the engine.

Darryl
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PIX of my Camry SV21..... :) Thu, 29 September 2005 01:32 Go to previous message
DJB79 wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 11:23

Whaqt engine is that you have pictured. lokos like a SV21 shell but not the engine.

Darryl

its a 3sfe Wink .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE!
Next Topic:TRD Machine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:56:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085089206695557 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.