Toymods » General Car Talk » rwd inlet manifold and exhaust manifold

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
rwd inlet manifold and exhaust manifold Sat, 25 October 2003 03:25 Go to next message
i've heard the supply for these are rare..

so i would like to find out how much its for sale in the market previously and what type or inlet manifold and exhaust manifold needed for a 4ag 100kw conversion into an ae86
  Send a private message to this user    
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rwd inlet manifold and exhaust manifold Sun, 26 October 2003 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

what type or inlet manifold and exhaust manifold needed for a 4ag 100kw conversion into an ae86

Good luck finding RWD inlet and exhaust manifolds for a 4AG Redtop ... Laughing

Hint: They don't exist (well, out of the factory anyway) so you'll have to make one yourself ...
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: rwd inlet manifold and exhaust manifold Sun, 26 October 2003 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haro....mind cheering me up by answering how much it would cost rather than GOOD LUCK on my thread? Rolling Eyes

all i need to know is how much previously it was sold for?

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: rwd inlet manifold and exhaust manifold Sun, 26 October 2003 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy_Haro wrote on Sun, 26 October 2003 18:46

Quote:

what type or inlet manifold and exhaust manifold needed for a 4ag 100kw conversion into an ae86

Hint: They don't exist (well, out of the factory anyway) so you'll have to make one yourself ...

Note what he has said here. Basically you get a factory 100kW intake manifold, and get it "cut'n'shut", putting the throttle body on the other side of the intake plenum.

With the exhaust, you can usually find a set of RWD extractors at the $300 mark if you look around.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rwd inlet manifold and exhaust manifold Sun, 26 October 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't say how much as it depends on who you get to do it ... your best bet is to talk to someone who has performed the conversion close to where you are.

That said, I'll estimate $300-400 as a rough ballpark figure to cut & wield the manifold itself. At least, that is how much it cost a mate to do it up here in QLD.

How much the parts cost alone is something else - most importers do not sell the parts separately (up here in Qld anyway) so unless someone on these forums or a wrecker is selling one in parts ...

Someone who doesn't need it may give it away for free whereas someone who knows its worth may sell it for $150.

Just like when I picked up a 4AG bluetop engine for free this week when the previous owner was willing to scrap it for nothing. Smile

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: rwd inlet manifold and exhaust manifold Sun, 26 October 2003 18:38 Go to previous message
Quote:

Just like when I picked up a 4AG bluetop engine for free this week when the previous owner was willing to scrap it for nothing.

Shocked Shocked Shocked that's a FREAKin bargain

anyway..thanks for the info...cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ?
Next Topic:All done, my ae86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 02:41:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056741237640381 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.