Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re-licensing moded car in ACT Wed, 29 October 2003 05:09 Go to next message

Hey forls,

I'm kinda thinking of taking a job in Canberra. I have an '84 Mk2 Supra with a twin-turbo 1JZGTE in it. If it's all engineered, inspected, passed and rego'd in WA, would it be difficult to register it in the ACT? Or would I have to go through the whole scrutineering process again?

Still just at the contemplation stage of the job offer. But if taking the car with me is going to be a drag, I'll forget about the job.

cheers,

Justin
  Send a private message to this user    
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Wed, 29 October 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin,

Providing you bring your original engineers certificate with you it will be smooth sailing. From my understanding you will only have to present your car to a certified ACT engineer and he will check that the mods approved are correct, safe, compliant to ACT regulations and as listed on your engineering certificate. Then it is off the the RTA for a full inspection and then a change of plates and the sticker. By full inspection, I mean they will make sure that what is on the certificate is what you present for inspection and make sure the indicators, wipers, lights etc all work. Then you have fun on some of the best roads in mainland Australia. Smooth, safe driving I mean.

Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Thu, 30 October 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ahhh, thanks Phil. In that casr I will go ahead with the job application. I visitied Canberra once - and liked it alot. Having to go through the whole engineer & pits thing AGAIN sounds like a real drag. But I expected as much.

Cheers,

Justin
JZA61
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Thu, 30 October 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as long as you have decent brakes all round and non dodgy bits you should do fine!! Smile

i have found that with any type of inspection it pays off to make your car as clean as possible!!!

polish like you have never polished before! lol Very Happy

cheers chris
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Fri, 31 October 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Choke,

Where did you get that peice of advice from?????

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Wed, 05 November 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats with choke?
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Wed, 05 November 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jas
Do you have a replacement piston yet?
Mitch

[Updated on: Wed, 05 November 2003 08:04]

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Thu, 06 November 2003 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no still looking, phils on the hunt for me now
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Thu, 06 November 2003 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you tried Shaun Maloney in Melb?
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Thu, 06 November 2003 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who's that? do they make them or sell them?
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Fri, 07 November 2003 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

Every time Gumby attempts to do something on his car he chokes so I reckon his nickname can be changed to "Choke". It only seems fitting.

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Fri, 07 November 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Fri, 07 November 2003 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats not very nice phil Razz
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Sat, 08 November 2003 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad sad but true Sad
Laughing
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Sat, 08 November 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey phil,

how long has ur 28 been off the road for...

Very Happy
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Tue, 11 November 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Choke,

My ability to repair cars is not the issue here.....
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Tue, 11 November 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the saying..

about glass houses and stones? Very Happy Very Happy

alls in good fun and jest tho..

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Tue, 25 November 2003 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Thu, 30 October 2003 12:52

Ahhh, thanks Phil. In that casr I will go ahead with the job application. I visitied Canberra once - and liked it alot. Having to go through the whole engineer & pits thing AGAIN sounds like a real drag. But I expected as much.

Cheers,

Justin
JZA61

Justin,
If you do come over, get in touch with me and I'll put you in touch with the bloke that engineered both the Corolla and the Cressida...As the other posters intimated, if the car is engineered already, the process here shouldn't be particularly painful.

Cheers,
Michael
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Wed, 26 November 2003 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would be cool to know that guys name and details, ill be needing to get my Rolla engineered soon.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Re-licensing moded car in ACT Wed, 26 November 2003 11:31 Go to previous message
PM me and I'll dig the details up...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CCG Christmas Dinner - 10 December 2003 - 6 Ppm
Next Topic:DATE CHANGE for CCG Observation Run/Economy Run
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:17:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057170391082764 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.