Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
.: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Mon, 03 November 2003 09:18 Go to next message
Just a few pics of my car with the new wheels... they are 16x7" Performance Tempests with 205/45 tyres. I am very happy although i F(*#&KED one up today with a gutter

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=23020&start=0&rid=2037&S=7fcca7f9091 656a8f3ea3fc5643ab445 for more info about that little incident.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/glshaw/mod5.JPG
http://home.iprimus.com.au/glshaw/mod6.JPG
http://home.iprimus.com.au/glshaw/mod7.JPG

[Updated on: Wed, 31 March 2004 11:41]

Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Mon, 03 November 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the 75, looks fantastic Very Happy
toyoman
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Fri, 07 November 2003 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey bloke with ta22,

You say you have just acquired it and i'm wondering about the history of it because i used to see one outside Cheers Tavern in Aspley and a chick owned it. I think she went to school with me...not sure...someone told me, and, i was also told that the person had a ding in it. However, i just thought that you might have bought it off her, if it is the same one.

By the way, your profile says that you are 5 days younger than me - you punk i'm saving money to do up and old school celica and someone my age already has one! Ive just bought an SV21 Camry to get my licence in, and in the meantime, searching fanatically to find an old celica.

Cheers mate.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Fri, 07 November 2003 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyoman i only just acquired the wheels, i have had the car for about 6-7 months... i bought it off a guy simon who used to be on these forums, his dad owns a sweet ta23.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Sun, 09 November 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fellas my mate is younger than us all and he got a r33 skyline running 13's on 5pound boost. oh yeh and i got a celica too.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=23136&start=0&rid=3991&S=50149215969 fd29235a00fdc5c7753e0
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Sun, 09 November 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how is the above relevant to this particular thread?
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Mon, 10 November 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think andy h is on drugs Confused
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Mon, 10 November 2003 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

toyoman says
By the way, your profile says that you are 5 days younger than me - you punk i'm saving money to do up and old school celica and someone my age already has one! Ive just bought an SV21 Camry to get my licence in, and in the meantime, searching fanatically to find an old celica.

this means he is jealous of someone younger than him already having the money to do up a celica......... my mate had the money to buy a Skyline, he got his licence on it.
see it is relevant... Very Happy
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Mon, 10 November 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andy_H wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 11:59

Quote:

toyoman says

this means he is jealous of someone younger than him already having the money to do up a celica......... my mate had the money to buy a Skyline, he got his licence on it.
see it is relevant... Very Happy

you really are on drugs Laughing
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Mon, 10 November 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah just saying, he is pissed bout a bloke having a celica. my mate has a r33 which he is now selling because it doesnt go fast enough, and he is younger than us all.i should be pissed, we all should be. if i could post a pic of it i would, you'd understand then.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Mon, 10 November 2003 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got a thing against R33's, one wrote into my last car (77 kingswood completely original) out the front of my place and wrote it off...best thing about losing that was my new car is a '75 TA22

but back to the original topic, sweet wheels on the celica
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Tue, 11 November 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true that,
the great thing about our old celicas is that we can lower them and put a set of rims on them and they will look tuff as, no matter what the body is like.(not that your body is bad or nothing). people will think it goes hard by just looking at it.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Fri, 14 November 2003 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, I like the seats in the 22 at the top of the page. what are they, where'd u get them?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Sun, 16 November 2003 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T APLUS 22 they are out of a honda prelude of some description, i can't really give you too much info coz they where in it when i bought it... Very Happy
Audi-Tone
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Mon, 17 November 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car mate!

just wondering where in brisbane you live? your email address is quite familiar to me for some reason...

it looks like you could live somewhere like fernlands? (near jinker track) or bunya some way?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Mon, 17 November 2003 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Albany Creek.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Tue, 18 November 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very sweet speciman indeed mate. I like it. Wheels are sweet as well. Smile
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Tue, 18 November 2003 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uv got a nice ride, kep up godo work son
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Tue, 23 December 2003 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

nah just saying, he is pissed bout a bloke having a celica. my mate has a r33 which he is now selling because it doesnt go fast enough, and he is younger than us all.i should be pissed, we all should be. if i could post a pic of it i would, you'd understand then.

i say be happy with what you have, when i get my dream car which would b a supra or soarer of some description, ima stik p plates up on it just 2 make pple jeluz Very Happy
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW RIMS!!! Wed, 31 March 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the 3TGTEU is in and finished so for people that don't know its got a frount mounted 1GGTE intercooler and a 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, for such a stock engine it pretty much goes like the clappers! At the moment my digi cam is borrowed so i'll grab pics as soon as i get it back!
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Wed, 31 March 2004 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear you got the engine in mate! Cool Cant wait to see pics of the finished product! Very Happy Happy driving.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 March 2004 17:24]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Thu, 01 April 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude noticed your pedal they suck i used to have 1 i changed it to a cable accelrator but i couldnt get full throtle so i got an accelrator pedal from a camry for $15 i put that in and its heaps better can do heel toe shifting now Very Happy

just a thought

good to hear you got your car back PICS PICS!
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Thu, 01 April 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.lawntonss.eq.edu.au/home/jshaw66/PICT0030.JPG
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Thu, 01 April 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Needs a good clean up and some paint but apart from that it goes like a shower off shit and i'm very happy with it!

[Updated on: Thu, 01 April 2004 03:30]

TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Thu, 01 April 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks pretty nice mate, just one thing, where's all the details about what's done to the engine?
See u on the next cruise eh?
Troy
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Fri, 02 April 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine is stock apart from a front mount 1GGTE intercooler and a 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust. Its using the W55 box aswell.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Fri, 02 April 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brings back memories of how my 3t-gte used to look! Smile

So I'm assuming they sorted the wiring ok? You were saying before they thought there was 2 different wiring diagrams?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Fri, 02 April 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I honestly don't really understand what was going on with the wiring... but it runs perfect now and i'm very happy so thats all that matters!
stylez
Regular

October 2002

Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Fri, 02 April 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it custom engine mounts/ tailshaft?

and hows the fuel system setup ?
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Sat, 03 April 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hows the standard radiator holding up?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: .: Jake's TA22 :. Now With NEW & IMPROVED ENGINE! Wed, 09 June 2004 08:00 Go to previous message
Quick update, got it dynoed today

http://members.optushome.com.au/jag7799/car/jake_dyno.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Aza
Next Topic:Dan's Toys
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 12:04:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062479972839355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.