Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » any one battled a new monaro???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
89supra
Occasional Poster

August 2003
any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 00:33 Go to next message
just asking this question, because i came across a green p plater in daddy's monaro the other day. we took off from the lights, n he saw how quick i came up from behind him. i pulled up beside to him, we were probly doing bout 60km, he looked over at me,then it was on. we were side by side to about 130-140, then he slowly pulled away. not bad for a stock 89 supra. i thought they would have more. id like to come up against him again,now that iv spent $2000 on my car since.
  Send a private message to this user    
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you got the 7mgte?? Was the monaro the 6 or the 8???
89supra
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i got the 7mgte, it was an 5.7l v8
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet as. Very Happy When you say totally stock, do you mean the boost is still running at 4psi???

I might just try it out next time I see one. Very Happy
89supra
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car was as i bought it, dead stock, iv added a pod filter, bov and 3" exhaust with high flow cat since then. yeah it was standard boost i was running.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah. So I would kill one. Smile

Nice dude. Always nice to know that you pay (in my case) $10k for a car and I can beat cars that cost $60k. Very Happy
89supra
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats it, we pay 10 grand, and the cars 14 years old, they pay 60-70 thousand and their car aint much better if any
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the monaros engine isnt exactly "new" 1962 i think chev first made it then Laughing Laughing , good on ya
LS-1
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the engine that you are refering to is aprox. three years old to OZ and aprox five to six years old in the US. It is true that the 5.7L engine has been around for a long time, but GM are always bringing out new models like the alloy one that you are refering to.
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey is htere supposed to be a AWD version of the monaro coming out?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think they were talking about its age in terms of technology... pushrods...........................
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will find that twin cams and multivalve heads have been around just as long as pushrods.

EDIT: not that im defending pushrods Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 04 November 2003 22:36]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the way it was explained to me............
the 350 c.i. chev = 5.7l
this was first made in the early sixties
since then to my knowlegde n e way they have only added all alloy ( imagine if it was iron Laughing ) efi and i few changes to the intake manifold, yeh and as jag said still got the two valve head and pushrods. but who cares, im never gonna own one
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i believe jaguar first had a twin cam head on a road car in about '62, just shows how far the yanks are behind! Laughing Laughing
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i guess ohv, is some advancement on side valve Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what i've seen they make a hell of a lot of noise but don't really get moving all that well.... now one of the 300kw GTS coupes would be a different story Evil or Very Mad although i can think of a few other cars that i could get that would have a lot better build quality as well as other features for that money!!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well you think in 40 yrs they would step up to new technology..
when everyone is driving around in cars that run on water.. or hydrogen or whatever holden might get into dohc by then
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Tue, 04 November 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its been more than 40 years... this certainly puts the whole "pushrods are old technology" argument into perspective...

------
In 1905 Delahaye had experimented with a double overhead camshaft with six inline valves per cylinder for a marine racing engine and set a new world's speed record on water.
------
Les Charlatan's Peugeot, though, was the first automotive application of the twin overhead cam concept and set the pattern for all future twin-cam designs. The first race the team entered was the Grand Prix de l'ACF at Dieppe on June 26, 1912
------
Alfa Romeo built its first twin-cam engine as far back as 1914
------
In 1928 he established a twin-cam production engine for the company's superb line of high-performance luxury cars. Stutz followed in 1931 with the 32-valve eight-cylinder DV32.

taken from an awesome article HERE

[Updated on: Tue, 04 November 2003 22:57]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 05 November 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gen3 V8 as someone said is only about 5-6 years old. While it has been designed around pushrods as this is favoured by the Americans (good enough for NASCAR, good enough for me) and is very compact, it takes quite a lot of the technologies and advancements made to engines in general.

There aren't a heck of a lot of similarities between the Gen3 and the old 350 Chev if you look real hard.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 05 November 2003 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pushrods may be gay and old,

but i know that if i had a 454ci chev or a 460ci in any sorta car i would be a very happy chappy!!!!

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 05 November 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tsk tsk

300 GTO holden what?

300 GTO holden- score - zero

mx83 cressida 1j- score - three.

end result, one very embarassed holden dealer and potential owner.

some guy taking one for a test drive got his ass handed to him.

leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 05 November 2003 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy
how'd u know he was test driving it? would've been even better if it was the dealer driving Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 05 November 2003 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bet he didnt buy it after that haha
LS-1
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 05 November 2003 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jag, with respect to you're last post (bet he did'nt buy it after that)i'd say that he would have. there are a lot of fast and good looking Jap cars made but they are not sold in australia. People who want to buy a new car with performance and Warranty are limited, that does'nt leave many cars to choose from other than a WRX (if you like them). I'd say that there could be more cars but cant think of any at the moment.

Cheers
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 05 November 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell even the 350Z eats the CV8

i remember reading an article in wheels or motor or something that had an r34 Vs the monster holden v8 both had minor mods and stuff...

skyline all the way except for the 60km roll on
in which the holden kept even with it untill a corner
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 05 November 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well even ford have stepped up with twin cam per bank engines, so it MUST be a step up, surely holden will follow suite, at the moment i would take a ba over a vy but would rather niether but if this is like no car or a choice between then the ford has my $$
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Thu, 06 November 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ford are starting to understand how to make good cars
xr6 turbo........... now they just have to understand how not to make barges
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Thu, 06 November 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the XR6t got muscle car of the year, so it turned a lot of heads..

the Vy was released what this year? and they already have the Series 2 released..

ford is kickin some royal arse this year...
i think i have read somewhere that holden will be using a quad cam set up with the new generation.
should be good to see

im also really impressed with the 5.4lt boss motor.. excelent!!!!

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Thu, 06 November 2003 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imagine the engines in something that doesent weigh 1800 kg's
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Thu, 06 November 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one thing that i think a lot of people lose sight of when they say hey my 10K car beat a 60K car wow it must be crap...
is that that 60K includes leather interior, shiny new paint, all brand new etc. mayb we should compare to our initial value of our cars from the factory instead... not what we paid the other day. Confused
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Thu, 06 November 2003 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 10:34

one thing that i think a lot of people lose sight of when they say hey my 10K car beat a 60K car wow it must be crap...
is that that 60K includes leather interior, shiny new paint, all brand new etc. mayb we should compare to our initial value of our cars from the factory instead... not what we paid the other day. Confused

that is true.. and with say japanese cars it might add up
but a monaro isnt worth half the money you pay
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Fri, 07 November 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is true. And I do think of that. But I was looking at it in purely a performance point of view.

If I was to take my car and add on $50k worth of leather interior, shiny new paint etc etc, then I would be willing to bet my house that not only would my car be a heck of a lot faster, but also turn a heck of a lot more heads. Very Happy

That being said, i LOVE the GTO Monaro. Beautiful car.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Fri, 07 November 2003 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soarers aint exactly light dude, heard some american muscle car entursiat talk the oter day ( had a trans am btw 6.6 litre carby auto ) he goes yeh i coulda bought a piece of shit jap crap pencil sharpner and pay 20,000 two years later ull get 5k, end quote what a retread! btw he was not talking to me so i didnt say n e thing but wish he did!!! commodore is american enough for me, their resale is about as good as magnas, vt 11 are like 10k now 35,990 new
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Fri, 07 November 2003 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strober wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 00:13

Strober.... yes!! And look the fuck out too!!

0-100 in 6.6............. IN GRAVEL!! Shocked

I think it will be at least around 1800kg and a $90k price tag!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Fri, 07 November 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 16:02

soarers aint exactly light dude, heard some american muscle car entursiat talk the oter day ( had a trans am btw 6.6 litre carby auto ) he goes yeh i coulda bought a piece of shit jap crap pencil sharpner and pay 20,000 two years later ull get 5k, end quote what a retread! btw he was not talking to me so i didnt say n e thing but wish he did!!! commodore is american enough for me, their resale is about as good as magnas, vt 11 are like 10k now 35,990 new

Soarers as a whole arent
but my soarer only weighs 1200 kg.. so its FUCKING light
Evil or Very Mad
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Fri, 07 November 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 16:55

strober wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 00:13

Strober.... yes!! And look the fuck out too!!

0-100 in 6.6............. IN GRAVEL!! Shocked

I think it will be at least around 1800kg and a $90k price tag!

Heh Very Happy

Look out for what? The price tag?

I'd rather spend $30,000 LESS and get a new STI.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 21:54

truenosedan wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 16:02

Soarers as a whole arent
but my soarer only weighs 1200 kg.. so its FUCKING light
Evil or Very Mad

ummm how the fuck did u get it that light??? thats sweet, my mates is like 1550 or something! no disrespect man, i love the luxo sports car!! Very Happy an iron blocked straight 6 doesnt help keep the weight down
LS-1
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 you said "hell even the 350Z eats the CV8". the 350Z does a standing 1/4 in 14.49 secs the SSute does it in 14.42. I dont have any 1/4 figures on the CV8 but its weight is 1640kg and the ute is 1618kg so the times will be the same. maybe its just me? but i dont see how the 350Z eats the CV8. Saying that, in my oppinion the 350Z is a very flash car and yes its a six with all the go hard bits but there is the price tag that other people had mentioned, the 350Z $62,700 auto, and the CV8 $59,350 auto or if you can do with out the two seats in the back the SSute will cost $41,140. All this said, all it comes down to is what you can aford at the time and what you prefer. There are alot of one eyed people out there thet need to open up both eyes and take alook at all cars for there own merrits. I own three cars VR sedan, VU SS ute and an MA61.
I guess its time to let the flaming begin.

Cheers.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LS-1 wrote on Sat, 08 November 2003 14:02

alwaysRA23 you said "hell even the 350Z eats the CV8". the 350Z does a standing 1/4 in 14.49 secs the SSute does it in 14.42. I dont have any 1/4 figures on the CV8 but its weight is 1640kg and the ute is 1618kg so the times will be the same. maybe its just me? but i dont see how the 350Z eats the CV8. Saying that, in my oppinion the 350Z is a very flash car and yes its a six with all the go hard bits but there is the price tag that other people had mentioned, the 350Z $62,700 auto, and the CV8 $59,350 auto or if you can do with out the two seats in the back the SSute will cost $41,140. All this said, all it comes down to is what you can aford at the time and what you prefer. There are alot of one eyed people out there thet need to open up both eyes and take alook at all cars for there own merrits. I own three cars VR sedan, VU SS ute and an MA61.
I guess its time to let the flaming begin.

Cheers.

i spose you would admit the ma61 is the best car? Surprised

nah i dont mind the shit hot holdens and fords, just not the shitty old ones done up by wankers (VLs etc)....

ive driven dads 250kw hsv senator a few times and thats good fun. certainly inspiration for a 1g-gte (into ra60) or 2jz-gte (into ma61) conversion Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
LS-1
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate I love the MA61, drove one for a while when they first came out and smashed it (young dumb and full of cum), it was brilliant, seemed fast for its time, but after driving this one there not. brought it for my son, I got it home, and he did'nt like it, so i guess its got to go and i'll take him car shopping this time, cant please everyone.

Cheers
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pushrods, overhead cams, who cares. Why not just whinge about the fact that GEN3s bend like soft drink cans.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mines an 84 model gz10.. the one in my avatar.. they come that light with a straight 6(not sure what material the block is made from)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iron block, but the 1GGE isn't exactly what you'd call large Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i never said anything about large lol
its small.. but even with a full loaded 1jz ill only be tippin 1300
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm just telling them Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries Smile
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sat, 08 November 2003 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LS-1 wrote on Sat, 08 November 2003 14:08

mate I love the MA61, drove one for a while when they first came out and smashed it (young dumb and full of cum), it was brilliant, seemed fast for its time, but after driving this one there not. brought it for my son, I got it home, and he did'nt like it, so i guess its got to go and i'll take him car shopping this time, cant please everyone.

Take him car shopping?? After you bought him a car?? Make him buy his own damn car, then perhaps he'll appreciate it - having spent his own money on it. If my parents bought me an MA61 for my first car I'd have been absolutely rapt. I'd buy him a 120Y just punish his petulant and ungrateful attitude. Then he'd know what a CRAP car actually is... Laughing Laughing
LS-1
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sun, 09 November 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see your point lumpy, but he never said it in an ungrateful manor, it was more like me reliving my youth and "if i like them then he will".
What he is after is a 4 door car so he can go to the surf with his mates its just easier to get in and out of the car, I can see his point and should of discused it with him before I parted with the cash. I've got two sons and I'll do what i can (with in reason) for them. I think most parents can relate to that.

Cheers
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sun, 09 November 2003 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i just kinda read that in a magazine.. motor or something i think..

they reckon that the CV8 had some traction issues and koz its a barge arse the 350 had no worries at all, especially thru the twisty bits..

but seeing as tho ill prolly never get to drive either of them ever it doesnt bother me,

off the shelf im not a fan of the monaro, just a commodore with the rear doors welded up that does good burnouts... but lately ive been seeing a lotta schmicko lookin commodores. sad... so very sad lol
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Sun, 09 November 2003 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aahhh so really you bought the car for YOURSELF and claimed it was for him!!! Smile My dad re-lived his youth a bit through the cars I've owned (260z and ma70 supra), but I didn't mind because he help me fix them so much Smile Smile
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 12 November 2003 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mates 1975 LA lancer with 2.0ltr Starion turbo engine in it ate a new monaro.. Very cool to see a $800 car with $5000 engine conversion shit on a brand new commodore with x10 more.

I shat all over a SS commodore ute with the RA28.. What engines do these SS have?

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 12 November 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The SS ute has the gen 3 350 in it and the new series 2 now has 245kw on it (mind you I'd like to see dyno figures to back that up from factory.

The series 2 has had some interior revisions in an attempt to rival the falcon as car of the year and some more work to the exhaust system to push more power.

I personally would mot buy any of the fleet cars (commo, falcon, magna, camry) due to the poor resale values. But as has happened to me recently alot of these SS commodores tend to be driven by business people who get them as a company car. and inevitably the kids get them on the weekends Mad
I am at this moment paitently awaiting delivery of a VY2 SS ute as a company car so don't flame me I'd still prefer my RA28 (she's comming off the road for some well deserved TLC...And a 1G)
I'd still rather spend $30,000 on my Celica and sell it for 8000
that spend $50,000 on a ute and sell it for 18,000 in three years time. And in reality have no respect for the car because I didn't build it. but I don't mind getting one for a company car as it effectively costs me $60,000 total spread over 5 years including services, rego, insurance and tyres Evil or Very Mad
This gives me the chance to do the Celica Properly with no deadlines on finishing the project therefore getting her where I want her. Evil or Very Mad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 12 November 2003 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its going to kill you
you will wanna take a corner and end up plowing into a building...

[Updated on: Wed, 12 November 2003 06:10]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 12 November 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In what, the ute?
You'd do it in a Sedan as well,
and the celica will be quicker in the end as well...
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 12 November 2003 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a play with a new GTO the other week out the back of werombi in the twisties... had him through the corners... but the bastard kept catchin me down the straights Mad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 12 November 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did the same with a mid nineties statesmen the other day
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Wed, 12 November 2003 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gents,

One reason for keeping the pushrods on the Gen 3 is that 1) it works, 2) it is cheap, and 3) it makes the motor very compact. Just look at the under bonnet room in the VY vs the Ford BA with the twin cam V8. Remember, mass produced cars (Ford, Holden, Camry et al) are made to a price, it is the domain of the Porsche, BMW etc to produce cars to a set level

The next incarnation of the Gen 3 will be the Gen IV (naturally) and will have two cams, but still have pushrods Shocked This allows them the variable timing without affecting the packaging size of the engine. The Gen IV will also be 6.2 litre as well.

I much prefer a well engineered engine (Porsche Flat 6, BMW M3, Rotary, Aston Martin V8 etc), but whether it has two cams, 4 vales etc is really imaterial. As long as it does the job well, who cares.

Yes Ford have done well in the sales this year, but it wasn't hard to improve on what they had Rolling Eyes

I still love my MA61, and also loved my RA23 Evil or Very Mad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Thu, 13 November 2003 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i personally think holden do it to be cheap Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Thu, 13 November 2003 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course they do - that's their job. cheap, reliable, reasonably powerful car.
And people who say they aren't reliable are full of crap - ask your mechanic what he drives, and chances are it'll be a falcon or commodoore so he can ignore the car, treat it like crap, and it'll still live.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: any one battled a new monaro??? Thu, 13 November 2003 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Being part of GM, we (GMH) use the engines that are available - simple as that.

ALL vehicles are 'designed for manufacture' and not servicing, and a lot of the time that includes what is available. Tooling costs can be HUGE.

If you can save $1.00 per part, then that is a $200,000 (depending on the part usage - can be one per car or 10) annual saving. More than what I get paid (although I get paid well)

You'll be surprised what we pay for some of our parts compared to retail Very Happy

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:stock 4k rolla vs zorst excel
Next Topic:lancer vs xr8 !
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 02:36:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012288093566895 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.