Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Canberra meet Wed, 24 July 2002 05:24 Go to next message
Hey guys,
Since I'm stuck in Canberra for the next few months, I thought I'd meet up with some of the locals!

How many are out there? And when and where is a good time/place to meet?

I'm thinking next Thursday (1st August) somewhere central... Ideas?
  Send a private message to this user    
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Canberra meet Wed, 24 July 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max

Give me a ring some time on 62369110 H or 62037366 W and we should be able to get together.

Craig
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Canberra meet Thu, 25 July 2002 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Aww poor bub!! Grin
So how come your stuck down here Nark? Work related stuff?

Anyway i hope you brought your car, so you can show some of the crap around here what Toyota's are good for. I'm keen for a beer for sure, and thursday sounds good. Just let us know when and where and im sure i will make an appearence. Anywhere central sounds like a good idea.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: Canberra meet Thu, 25 July 2002 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, down here for work. No other reason for being stuck down here! Man, I hate the cold. Disgusted

And, yup, my car is down here. It's enjoying the cold and the wide, wide roads. Nod

Anyway, how's about we set a date of Thursday 8th August. That's two thursdays away. Gives us a bit of time to organise ourselves!

And what if we just make it the City Centre? Any good places there? I've only been to King O'Maleys so far...

[Updated on: Thu, 25 July 2002 04:52]

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Canberra meet Thu, 25 July 2002 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, o'malleys is alright, but we should aim for somewhere near a carpark so people can bring their rides.

Phil
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Thu, 25 July 2002 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day all,

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. I don't know if my broom broom will be back on the road though. I'll have to take my sister's maz 323 with towbar Laughing .

We can meet at the carpark just before commonwealth bridge and adjacent to big roundabout coming from CIVIC.

cheers
Ash
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Canberra meet Thu, 25 July 2002 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good idea Ash. we can move on from there to whichever pub.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: Canberra meet Thu, 25 July 2002 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a good idea guys! Might have a change of date though...

What days are you guys free?
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Fri, 26 July 2002 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work monday, tuesday and sunday, but apart from that... Chris.
pardz
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Canberra meet Fri, 26 July 2002 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make a date and I'll come along, I am a casual worker though so I may not be able to make it, but I will try!!!
I'll bring the ra23 out and I'll see if i can get Andrew to come along aswell with his GZE corolla.

Anthony
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Fri, 26 July 2002 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll call in if the cars working...
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Canberra meet Fri, 26 July 2002 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunetly my celica is not engineered or rego'd as yet Cry , so i wont be able to bring it which is a shame! But i'll put some pics up here in the next couple of days so you can all see my ride.

Then i wont just look like a tosser in a Honda civic strapping on to a car park full of Toyo's!
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Fri, 26 July 2002 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the mr2's not running, I'll be in a stock 323 Auto....
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Fri, 26 July 2002 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any Friday night or weekend would be good for me. How about the 9th Aug?

Anything later than this date would be better (more time for my car).

Ash
shortround
Occasional Poster

June 2002

Re: Canberra meet Fri, 26 July 2002 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All, great idea....Im in for sure.

I liked Ash's idea of the carpark just before commonwealth bridge.

have to try and get rego for the sprinter before the date... otherwise ill be stuck im my bright yellow KB laser. Ill have to post some pics, like dylo said.....dont want everyone to look at me as a strapon.

Anytime is good for me..... but i say not on a thursday night cause that when RUSHHOUR meet and they always get the cops out Eye Spin

Andrew
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Canberra meet Fri, 26 July 2002 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe Looks like this is getting pushed further and further behind.

How's the week after sound? 7pm Wednesday 14th August at the Commonwealth Bridge car park? Is that OK by everyone?
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Canberra meet Mon, 29 July 2002 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah don't forget about what "shortround" said. Those tossers (well all of the members i have met anyway) from Rushhour will be out on thursdays so i suggest you don't go for a cruise on a thursday because the pigs will definately pull you guys over if you are all cruising in a group, they will assume you are from rushhour. However, by the sounds of this cruise you guys are trying to organise, you will all be driving around in little 323 and laser run-arounds, so you will probably have no probs going out on a thursday... Laughing
Unfortunately i am in the process of putting new white interior and a big system in my Celica, so my car is also off the road and i do not want to be another tag along in my stock '81 Corona...hmmmm i cooould put my 18's on it from the Celica and cut the springs...hmmmmm hehehe
André

Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Canberra meet Tue, 30 July 2002 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOYROTA.

Is that green TA22 pictured yours? if so, why havent i seen it round ACT??

And how the hell did u fit 18's under it!!!?
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Tue, 30 July 2002 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, sounds good to me.
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Wed, 31 July 2002 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, i was just in Canberra last week. On Friday and Saturday.
Would have beeen good to meet some of you Canberranites. Wink
I didnt see much toyota's down there though, but then again i didnt go during the nite. I however sawa a nice Black Galant VR4.
Ah well, next time.
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Canberra meet Wed, 31 July 2002 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, i have finally got some pics of my celica now it is all back together again! But can anyone tell me how to get them up on here?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: Canberra meet Wed, 31 July 2002 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylo, you'll need to host the files somewhere. Do you have webspace (ie: from your ISP) anywhere?

Once you put them up on a server, you need to know the URL to the pic, then use FUDcode to display the pix.
To learn about FUDcode, go here: http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/help_index.php? sect=readingposting#style

If you have any problems, gimme a yell.
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Canberra meet Thu, 01 August 2002 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Nark,

Unfortunently i dont have any web-space! ive just got 3 pics that are all about <100kb of my celica. If you could host them somewhere id love ya forever : P i could email them somewhere i spose if thats any good to ya!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: Canberra meet Thu, 01 August 2002 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you a financial member?

Since we started running out of disk space, I've cut back on the pics that we host to only member's pix...

Otherwise, talk to some other guys on these forums should be able to help you.

The only other webspace I have is on my webserver which has a 56.6k link....
I could put the photos there if you want. It'd just be really slow.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: Canberra meet Fri, 02 August 2002 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

Just to get things a bit more concrete.

Date: Wednesday 14th August, 2002
Time: 7pm
Place: Car park at the Commonwealth Bridge

Does that sound good to everyone?

Is this the car park you guys are talking about?
http://nark.qnix.com.au/Canberra Meeting Point.png
shortround
Occasional Poster

June 2002

Re: Canberra meet Fri, 02 August 2002 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the one i was thinking of.

Andrew
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Fri, 02 August 2002 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark,

i was actually talking about the carpark just before you get onto commonwealth bridge coming from CIVIC. I guess its more like a visitors lookout.

Anyway, unfortunately i won't be able to make it on that night. If this meet is a success then perhaps we could arrange another one later. I would really like to see how your 1g sits in the ra60 compared to the 1g in my sprinter.

cheers
Ash
shortround
Occasional Poster

June 2002

Re: Canberra meet Tue, 06 August 2002 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many ppl are planning on coming?

Ash, I'd love to see your car sometime...i cant decied on what engine i want for my sprinter as yet Confused

Andrew
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Tue, 06 August 2002 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew,

It will come down to how much you wanna spend and what you gunna use the car for Smiley $$

You can email me at ashwindyall@auslig.gov.au
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Canberra meet Tue, 06 August 2002 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

As promised earlier, i got some pics of my RA23 up, So now u can all see it here as i wont be able to bring it to the meet, unfortunetly. But i am still keen to come to meet some of u's. So keep me informed!

Let us know what u think!
The link is below...(copy and paste it)
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Wed, 07 August 2002 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, should we make it that carpark in Nark's map? It's a bit bigger than the other one, and we get to do the roundabout in and out of civic... I love that roundabout... I think it's got better lighting too, if it's still on, so we should be able to check out the cars a bit easier. Date and time's still good. I've talked to a couple of other people who are keen too, so I'll keep them informed. Chris.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Canberra meet Wed, 07 August 2002 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the map is up so everyone can see the carpark, so why don't we just make it that carpark?

Dylo, if you put an http:// in front of that URL, it will automatically be converted to a clickable link. Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: Canberra meet Mon, 12 August 2002 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a reminder that it's on this Wednesday!

Can't wait to see y'all!

Details here

[Updated on: Mon, 12 August 2002 03:58]

AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Canberra meet Wed, 14 August 2002 00:05 Go to previous message
Yep, Anthony and I'll be there in our RA23 and AE82 Nod Grin

-Andrew
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Is there a celica meet/show and shine, soon in Brissy?
Next Topic:Sunday Cruise to the 'Gong..... Who's Coming?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 13:05:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069770812988281 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.