Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Help: What colour is my car!?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Help: What colour is my car!? Thu, 06 November 2003 06:07 Go to next message
I urgently need to know what the colour of my 1992 corolla csi is as I want to buy touch up paint and am not sure of what the colour is.
It is the same colour as that tony rigoli corolla with the 4agte 20. As well as the ae92 in http://www.4age.net/tech/bestcorolla/index.htm

There are quite a few chips in it at the moment and I really need to paint them before they start rusting.
And after finding out the colour where would I be able to buy some touch up paint??

Thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Help: What colour is my car!? Thu, 06 November 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's the original paint colour then it should be printed on a badge on the firewall inside the engine bay, or in your manual sometimes
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Help: What colour is my car!? Thu, 06 November 2003 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the badge on the firewall it merely says "MW" next to the word paint. Is that some sort of paint code?
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Help: What colour is my car!? Thu, 06 November 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any automotive paint place should be-able to help, just take the car to them and they'll match it.

Yes that is a paint code
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Help: What colour is my car!? Thu, 06 November 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That option sounds expensive?? Anyone have a rough idea on pricing for an automotive paint place to match the colour of my car and put it in a can??

I'd much rather work out what colour the "MW" stands for and go out and buy a can of touch up paint.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Help: What colour is my car!? Sat, 08 November 2003 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude...is your car green or blue?

coz the ex-rigoli 12.1sec corolla was light metallic blue, but the car on the 4age.net is light metallic green.

if the paint code is 'MW' - go to an auto paint store, get them to quote you on getting a can of touch up spray made up, and while you're there, you'll find out what the colour is called...

then you can go to Sprints, or whatever, and see if they have your colour...

try Paint Supplies of S.A. (08) 8347 7171 for the colour, you could prolly ring them and ask them what it's called by giving them the paint code..they're usually pretty okay..

cheers
steve
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Help: What colour is my car!? Sun, 09 November 2003 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're if SA, you could also try Protec paints, they are the factory that makes all the stuff and they can help you.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Help: What colour is my car!? Mon, 10 November 2003 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and a can of touch up paint is not "expensive", it's usually bloody cheap.
of course, metallic is slightly more
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Help: What colour is my car!? Thu, 13 November 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyotaboy wrote on Sat, 08 November 2003 14:30

dude...is your car green or blue?

My car is green
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Help: What colour is my car!? Thu, 13 November 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve M wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 09:07

If you're if SA, you could also try Protec paints, they are the factory that makes all the stuff and they can help you.

if your going to use protec paints then go see All Type Paints in Salisbury Plains. Speak to Graham and tell them Scott send you. They will look after you. Also provide colour matching
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Help: What colour is my car!? Fri, 14 November 2003 11:25 Go to previous message
I found out that my car is Spearmint Metallic. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gutting TVIS : whats done and benifits/downsides ?
Next Topic:Options for a stock 77 Corona with 18R
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 03:59:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059609413146973 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.