Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » "LIGHTS" warning light on.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
"LIGHTS" warning light on. Wed, 12 November 2003 23:45 Go to next message
ON my Soarer the "Lights" warning light comes on whenever you put your foot on the brake. I would assume this is saying that there is a bulb blown or something of the like, I've checked everything and there appears to be no fault...

Any suggestions?
  Send a private message to this user    
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Wed, 12 November 2003 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same as my car. Well mine actually intermittantly flashes all the damn time! I turn on my thermo fan and the "lights" will become illuminated! Laughing

I've got no advice for you at all sorry, but if you find out please let me know!

Dan
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Wed, 12 November 2003 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a growing list for my auto electrician...

So this will definately be one of the things he'll look at.

If I find out, I'll post up.

Cheers
Paul
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Wed, 12 November 2003 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it stay on after you take your foot off the brake?

If so it means you've got a blown brake light globe.

Perhaps it's a bad earth!!! Laughing Laughing
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Thu, 13 November 2003 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 - where are you ????

Sounds suspiscioulsy (can't spell atm) like a bad earth Shocked Shocked
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Thu, 13 November 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mechanic looked at it once and told me it was a bad earth somewhere and that he found it and fixed it. Never told me where it was... it worked for about 3 days then started doing it again

Dan
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Thu, 13 November 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine comes on only when my foot is on the brake, when I take my foot off, it dissapears.
Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Thu, 13 November 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a little box mounted near the tail lights
this measures the current draw from the globes
if the current draw is too low (ie, a globe is not working), the it triggers the LIGHTS dashlight. its not supposed to turn off tho
i'm not sure if it will react if the current draw it too high (ie thermo fan)

check all globes (reverse lights and indicators not included, well, they dont set it off on my cressida, just the brake and tail) and if thiese are all ok, check the connection to the box, and then go for a bad earth

i'm pretty sure it will be at the tail end of the car (ie water getting into boot, corroding connections etc)
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Thu, 13 November 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, yeah my light turns on too, but only when it rains.. hmmmm Smile
Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Thu, 13 November 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fwiw, when i had this problem, all it took was a bump to get the globe to work again

i'd start the car up, put my foot on the brake, light would come on, back out of the driveway, and when i'd go to check the brake lights when i got out of my car, they all worked
it turned out that one of the globes was just dickey, and sometimes worked sometimes didnt
so i suggest taking all the globes out, one by one, and give them a tap to see it the filament had come off
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Thu, 13 November 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the Little box of toyota magic down the back of the car labled "Lamp falure" typicly on MA70's these get drowned and corrode inside

Allan
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Thu, 13 November 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have come across some toyotas need special globes

if u use some budget globes or ones with incorrect wattage to what toyota specify
then the light might still come one
even though all the lights work

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2003 12:43]

Levin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Sun, 16 November 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 'lights' light stays on all the time whilst I have the lights on, I thought that's just how they were, obviously not after reading this!
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: "LIGHTS" warning light on. Sun, 16 November 2003 12:49 Go to previous message
Sideshow is right.

Get the toyota globes.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE problems
Next Topic:Centering a steering rack?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 12:41:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070149898529053 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.