Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Todd
Regular

October 2003
Ta22 convertion Fri, 14 November 2003 05:27 Go to next message
hey im interested in buying a ta22 that i found. Only problem is that it has a 3 speed auto gear box and i want a manual. The guy who is selling it recommended a 2tg motor with box for it. he said it would bolt straight on. Does anyone know anything about a 2tg motor and how much it would cost with a gear box?
  Send a private message to this user    
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Ta22 convertion Fri, 14 November 2003 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, good work on buying a ta22, i have looked into all possible conversions for them, the 2tg is a good option, but if ur after some real power i would go something like the 3t gte. But a twin carb setup, with exhaust, maybe a cam and some headwork on the 2tg and it would go ok. I have seen them round for like $700 with box, but i could be way off on the pricing. Good luck

p.s Just stick a soarer v8 in the bitch,
Todd
Regular

October 2003
Re: Ta22 convertion Fri, 14 November 2003 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx, i was looking into a 3tg but i dont want a turbo and it will be my first car so i dont want real power at this stage. Haha i'd love to stick a soarer engine in it haha that would be crazy! i'll keep looking around for one for sale if i buy this ta22
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Ta22 convertion Fri, 14 November 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the 2tg would be a good option then, as it bolts straight on.
Todd
Regular

October 2003
Re: Ta22 convertion Fri, 14 November 2003 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about the gear box and tail shaft? do u have to modify the tail shaft? ive put an L18 into my mates datto 1600 with him. it was pretty easy as everything fits straight in the same place the stock motor came out of. will this be the same?
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ta22 convertion Fri, 14 November 2003 06:02 Go to previous message
Just get hold of a manual tailshaft, lots of them around. The difference is the yoke size for the gearbox. Dont forget to bridge your neutral start switch! otherwise the bugger will never start. Pedals are easy, as is the install of the clutch master cylinder. Good luck with the 22, cause they are an awesome car when done properly!

regards Chuck.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Any info? please RA23 4 stud to 5 stud axle.
Next Topic:1g-gte ra23 conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 15:24:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057551860809326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.