Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Fri, 14 November 2003 14:19 Go to next message
Hey all,
installment 3 (i think). here are some pics comparing the cross-sections of Feral4mr2's piston on the left (deep dish), and MrShins piston on the right (shallower dish). the valve cuts on both pistons are the same depth from the flat edges of the piston crown.
the skirts of the pistons look to be almost identical, as does the amount of meat around the bottom edge of the oil control ring. the oil holes also appear to be placed in the same way on both. the gudgeon pin area seems to be identical.

what is different, apart from the obvious difference in dish, is the ribbed bit underneath the piston on the left. minimum crown thickness between the ribs is 6.8mm.
the piston on the right has no ribbing, and the minimum crown thickness is 7.4mm

what was left of MrShins piston weighed 298.12g, and the gudgeon pin weighed 97.68g. i did not have a chance to weigh Feral4mr2's piston before cutting.

the pic on the left is at a slight angle, so it looks like the skirt tapers.. but it doesn't really.. just a shitty pic Wink
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/pics/feral-shin1.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 14 November 2003 14:22]

Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Sat, 15 November 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stew,
Can you specify the exact model of both piston's when referencing for easier infomation gathering please?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Sat, 15 November 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piston on left = AFM type GZE (early model, 8.0:1 AW11 type)

Piston on right = later MAP tuype GZE (8.9:1 type)
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Sat, 15 November 2003 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love that I can still see the conrod chew marks on the bottom of my piston Evil or Very Mad
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Sun, 16 November 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would u do a 1g-gte piston? i'm guna have 6 floating around soon...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Sun, 16 November 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Sat, 15 November 2003 18:47

I love that I can still see the conrod chew marks on the bottom of my piston Evil or Very Mad

it did a pretty good job man, lovely crank profiled pistons!

Dabbid: sure why not Very Happy will be interesting to have a bit of a collection. email me at stewie@unsw.edu.au
Cya, Stewart
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Sun, 16 November 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a cool picture! I've always been interested in seeing a cross section like this between the two.

Thanks!

Phil
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Sun, 16 November 2003 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Again, good work dude Smile
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Mon, 17 November 2003 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe I should take some shots of the REST of the engine, ey?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Mon, 17 November 2003 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes!
always amusing to see pics of chewed engines Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Broken 4AGZE pistons part 3, side by side view of cross sections Tue, 18 November 2003 01:59 Go to previous message
definitely!! under the gudgeon pins was made pretty flat by the conter weights!! lucky they didn't catch!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:car over heating but not????
Next Topic:Remote oil filter with cooler
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 08:35:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058400630950928 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.