Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
icon5.gif  1g-gte power & injector flow rate Mon, 24 November 2003 10:08 Go to next message
What is the most power you can screw out of a 1g with stock internals I will be running a EMS duelsport computer.
Also what is the flow rate of the stock gen 3 injectors

Thanks ben
  Send a private message to this user    
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Mon, 24 November 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure of power handling
but i'm pretty sure the injectors are 220cc
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Mon, 24 November 2003 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dabid Smile
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Mon, 24 November 2003 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
220cc? is that all? That's like the size of the 4age?? (but then 1ggte's got 6 cylinders right? so 1320cc all together? But a 3sgte's got 430cc x 4 = 1720cc? Is that why 3s has more power?)
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Tue, 25 November 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Each cylinder of a 1G is smaller than 4A and 3S cylinders.
Thus the small injectors.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Tue, 25 November 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gen 3 are 245cc
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Tue, 25 November 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys
as for the power i will find out next weekend when i get her on the dyno I am hoping for about 200-250 at the wheels if I can get any more ill let you know Smile
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Tue, 25 November 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah 245cc sounds closer maybe, as total 1470cc compared with 1720cc for 3SGTE, as late 3S is about 40kw more power right?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Tue, 25 November 2003 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the dyno, I've only seen a 6kW difference between the Gen3 1G-GTE and a 3S-GTE. Not sure what version 3S-GTE it was though.
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Wed, 26 November 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but is the 3S running 4WD at the dyno?

but I think there's a big difference in different 3S versions, think the ST205 has the most power, but it could be just the turbo, I don't know much
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Wed, 26 November 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No. FWD Rolla.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Wed, 26 November 2003 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which in itself could be the reason it put out 6 or so kilowatts more.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Wed, 26 November 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nod
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Wed, 26 November 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume you mean 3S as being the one that is FWD? Then it must be some older 3S, since the RWD 1G has less wheel hp than the FWD 3S, that probably mean they have the same flywheel horse power? And 1G is about 150kw right? but the ST205 have 178kw?

so the 3S must be old versions? (or the 1G actually have more power?)
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Wed, 26 November 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry just done a search..

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/toyota.htm

turns out the early 3SGTE is actually really the same power as the 1GGTE and it's 142kw, so late 3SGTE have 36kw more, but I wouldn't why
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Wed, 26 November 2003 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basically the st205 3s-gte has the same power(almost identical) as the 1g-gte, though I think with a few slight improvements the 3s puts out a little more HP because it does it a little bit more up the rev range. but the 1g will have more torque through out the rev range.

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Wed, 26 November 2003 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another thing you'll find is that since the 1G-GTE was always marketed as the low-power version of their performance/luxury cars, there may be some fudging of the power figures for marketing's sake.

One the dyno, the 1G-GTE puts out the same as a 7M-GTE and 1UZ-FE. Figure that one out..
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Thu, 27 November 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but they always put the 1g into heavy cars for a little 2.0l motor.. so it was always the slower motor option, but put it in a car the right size and it's great.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Fri, 28 November 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I heard a story about an HKS stroker kit for a 1G, bringing it out to 2.5 litres. When you combine it with their big single turbo and external wastegate and good management, that should be a screamer.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Fri, 28 November 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was 2.4 litres, and you loose some of the reviness of the 1g.
having not driven one or even seen one, I'm not gunna say that is certain though I have heard of a standard 1g (2.0L) being revved to 9,000-9,500rpm so even with the stroker kit it may stil be capable of the 7,200rpm rev limiter.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Fri, 28 November 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it's 2.4L from increased stroke which means it won't rev as well.
Should have more torque though, not only from the capacity increase, but the stroke increase too.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Fri, 28 November 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I put the car on the dyno next week I am hoping to run about 15-18 psi boost and acheve 200-250 rwhp hopefully Very Happy
That's with standard internals and turbos
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Fri, 28 November 2003 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
14.5psi gives you 200ish rwHP
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Sat, 29 November 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 09:53

Another thing you'll find is that since the 1G-GTE was always marketed as the low-power version of their performance/luxury cars, there may be some fudging of the power figures for marketing's sake.

One the dyno, the 1G-GTE puts out the same as a 7M-GTE and 1UZ-FE. Figure that one out..

Wouldn't this have allot to do with the drive train? IE wouldn't a 1G manual box and celica diff, be less resistant than say my old MZ20 Auto soarer?
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Sat, 29 November 2003 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks bugman.
So whats this 1g club That your a member of and how do I join
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Sat, 29 November 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not a club as such, its more what youd call a cult, anyone can join, but if you become a member, just remember that you must live by the rules and you must die by the rules Cool Cool Cool
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Sat, 29 November 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where do I sign up Evil or Very Mad
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Mon, 01 December 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Sat, 29 November 2003 12:40

Wouldn't this have allot to do with the drive train? IE wouldn't a 1G manual box and celica diff, be less resistant than say my old MZ20 Auto soarer?

I've seen many 7M-GTEs put out about the same amount of power. They were all manual too.

Another point to note is that the 1G-GTE responds better to increased boost than the 7M-GTE. New design I suppose or better ECU or something like that.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Mon, 01 December 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi nark
What power did you get out of your 1g
Do you have pics of your car.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Mon, 01 December 2003 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got 128.4kW (0.4kW behind a 7M-GTE MA61 running 10psi) at the SAS dyno and 124.8kW (exactly the same as a 1UZ-FE MX83 auto) at the CAS dyno.

It's a stock Gen 3. Only mods are air filter and 2.5" exhaust.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Tue, 02 December 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've currently got a 1G-GE in my GA61 Celica XX. Sorry for the thread hijack, but how simple would a conversion to a 1G-GTE or 1G-GZE be? Would it be worth my time just working the 1G-GE (Maybe aim for a 10,000rpm redline? lol)

Thanks
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Tue, 02 December 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It goes along the lines of, remove 1GGE, swap 1GGE sump and pickup over to 1GGTE, install 1GGTE, get new exhaust, fit intercooler, wire up.

They don't get much simpler.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Tue, 02 December 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A very tempting upgrade for next year!

Would the 1G-GTE have the torque to pull my big GA61 around? Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Tue, 02 December 2003 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, your GA61 is far from big. It will have ample torque to pull it around.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte power & injector flow rate Tue, 02 December 2003 11:30 Go to previous message
Sounds good nark
But hopfully with the EMS computer ill smash the 7m nugget Very Happy Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4ac temp sensor question. help please!!
Next Topic:w55 gearbox
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 19:38:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06686806678772 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.