Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

don't think i can join toymods Sat, 27 July 2002 08:40 Go to next message
i don't think i could join toymods as by the look of it everyone has very nice cars in perfect condition judging from all the pics i've seen, i think i'll have to invest a few thousand dollors and hours in my car before its up to the toymods standards. Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Sat, 27 July 2002 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

i hope you're not serious Smile

dood we have all sorts of people and cars in our club... from show cars... to hi-po sleepers... to stock standards

in all sorts of condition!

you would be more than welcome

Smile

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Sat, 27 July 2002 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll just park my car in the distance at events as it looks good from far away as you can't see all the rust and everything. I'm very interested in joining as i am a member of a car club but thats strictly motorsport events, not really social types of events. so toymods seems like a fun club and from reading and using the forums it looks as if everyone is a decent person and all willing to help if you have problems. so i feel i will join, maybe not straight away but in about a months time or so as i'm in the process of convincing two of my friends to buy a celica and if they do i'll get them to join the club with me.

Also i would just like to put forward a very big THANKS to the set up of this forum as i have used it intensly since i found it and although some of my messages might just be clogging up the system i am learning a great deal and getting lots of problems and ideas sorted out on my car so thanks guys.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Sat, 27 July 2002 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We are not here just for the cars it is for the common interest in cars so mate bring what you have and don't hide it in the distance.
enjoy your car,the club,what ever the event and most of all enjoy yourself,I do everytime and mine is mazda powered
So join up and have some fun at the next event as a member (hey you save $5 being a member at most event or 50c on food)There are other resons for being a member 1 is to help make the club bigger and better
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Sun, 28 July 2002 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least you have a working celica.
I may have to park wayyy off in the distance with you!! Razz
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Sun, 28 July 2002 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok but i bags we park in a way only my drivers side shows (then u can't see any dints or scratches) Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 28 July 2002 10:14]

kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Sun, 28 July 2002 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Makes no difference which way I park!!
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Mon, 29 July 2002 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My celica is permanently parked atm ... but at least it's stopped rusting
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Wed, 16 October 2002 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gin51e,
I really hope your kidding Crying or Very Sad .. It doesn't matter if you drive a rusting bucket of crap with 2 wheels and a hampster as your motor.. Shocked The club is a social club where it's based on the people, not what you drive.. Very Happy
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Mon, 28 October 2002 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gensie!
dont worry about it! mine started out far more worst then yours! Very Happy Very Happy
you dont want a nice car!!! mine has'nt seen daylight for about three months now! dont know why i even pay for rego any more!

[Updated on: Mon, 28 October 2002 20:59]

ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Wed, 30 October 2002 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, mine is a stricly distance car, or photo car. I cut out a lot of the rust over the last few weeks but unfortunatly the closest colour blue wasn;t quite right, even after fading it you can still tell. Ah well! We'll have our own little gathering and we won't feel so bad about our cars because they're all in bad condition!!!! Very Happy
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Fri, 01 November 2002 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mine is off the road for a while as well cause my motor went bang and im still joinin the club i think it should be a hoot , and if ppl judge you by the looks of your car they aint worth knowing and by the sounds of all these posts they are all worth knowing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Sat, 02 November 2002 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well in about 7 months time my car may be departing from me Crying or Very Sad and hopefully getting a car without rust problems,

my theory with celica's having so much rust is in there day they were a expensive car, which resulted in the people buying them being the people with all the money living near the beach, well at least for my car thats true, first 7 owners lived on Sydney's northern beaches Sad
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Tue, 05 November 2002 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, In japanese I think Celica must stand for Rust. I'm going to be selling my main one in a couple of months. It will be hard to do and I'll miss her (damn moody bitch) but I'll have my other one up and running, but I don't think it will be the same. Sad
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Fri, 08 November 2002 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol if i joined my car would be in the "crap with wheels" section as well...

it may be piss weak but long live the 18RC!!! lol damn thing just wont die.. no matter how hard i try.. hehe,
at least its good for rally bashing
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Fri, 08 November 2002 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, same here car can do dohnut's in 3rd gear with ease "on dirt" and as long as i can get wheel spin action on dirt i'll be happy Very Happy but sadly i might be going over to Subaru and getting myself an 87 model RX unless i get a lot of money in the mean time so i can buy a gt4 Evil or Very Mad
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: don't think i can join toymods Sat, 09 November 2002 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, dont be worried about your car, my ta22 i just a heap, BUT I LOVE IT, you dont have to be rich and famous with a full blown show car to be a part of toymods, its all about having fun.
JUZZO
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Sat, 09 November 2002 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha pulled into Auto1 on Friday and guess who's car was parked out front also? Joel's "Bigworms" its amazing how crappy your car does look when its full of macca's bags, hasn't been washed for a month and rust poping through at every corner next to a perfectly clean and sexy looking RA23 Crying or Very Sad Laughing
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Sat, 09 November 2002 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
lol
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Sat, 09 November 2002 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may be working for Subaru next year so thats why Very Happy but you never know after living without my RA23 may inspire me to get another one and restore it Cool
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Sun, 10 November 2002 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn straight!! lol
i gotta mate thats a sales man for toyota.
and i swear to god they have brain washed him or something.
hes always like toyota this and corolla that, and camry this.

pretty wierd for a guy that used to own a V8 commadore...
not to worry. he gets me cheap tyres Very Happy Very Happy
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Mon, 11 November 2002 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll always be a Holden girl, I think my dad would disowne me if I went for anything but a Holden. But I fell in love with the old Celica's, and now have 3 but I'll stand by my Holdens and my dream car will always be an LJ XU-1.

So I guess it is possible to like 2 different sorts. Holden's and Toyota's are different enough I guess to make this possible.
Holden's muscle cars, Toyota's sporty cars.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Mon, 11 November 2002 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah holden is cool..

but i got one word... which will shame holden for all eternity

camira

the cool thing about celicas is that they have the really cool flowing lines everyting is smooth and stuff...

where as u look at other cars made in the '70s and they are all square and crappy looking

of course there are the couple of exceptions hehe
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Wed, 13 November 2002 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know that when I speak to people that remember the celica's when they first came out, the speak about them like they were a rich man's car and not just anyone could have one. They've really grown on me and I couldn't see myself without one of my RA23's.

The first manual I ever drove was a Camira. They are so shit. My brother rode his bike past one going up hill. And it wasn't just any bike, it was a recumbent 3 wheeled trike.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Wed, 13 November 2002 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol my mums best friend had a TA22 like brand new
dad said it was "the ducks guts!" hehe

i was trying to picture the other day wat kinda car i would want to drive if i couldnt have my 23.

and i still dunno.. so ill just stick wif good ole faithful white bitch.

hehe i love it to death, learnt to drive in a full stock blue one... learnt to drive on dirt in my white one and learnt do drift on the street in my white one..

i got so many memories of it its not funny.. i reckon i wanna get get burried in the damn thing Very Happy
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Wed, 13 November 2002 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take this, my car brand new in 1976 $3,500 celica brand new today somewhere around $40,000-45,000 now thats one hell of an inflation Rolling Eyes

but i'm set if i win lotto i'm going to get a HSV GTS Coupe (yellow) maybe a 98model STi WRX for the dirt and depending on how many million's i won i always wanted to go to toyota, pay for them to make me a brand spanking new RA23, get it converted to 4wd with lockable diff's so if i want i can select it to be front wheel drive/rear wheel drive or 4wd at the touch of a switch.

put in the biggest most chunky V8 engine in it and strap a couple of turbo's on, put in a rally style sequential gear box and get the interior fully custom made and custom made body kit hmmmmmmmmmm just picture what it would look like Cool
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Thu, 14 November 2002 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I come for a drive in you Monaro!! Surprised
I love them so much, I keep asking my dad how his savings are going to get me one for my 21st but I don't like my chances.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Thu, 14 November 2002 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure thing Cool now all i need to do is win the lotto that should be easy enough Razz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: don't think i can join toymods Thu, 14 November 2002 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celicachick wrote on Thu, 14 November 2002 12:46

Can I come for a drive in you Monaro!! Surprised
I love them so much, I keep asking my dad how his savings are going to get me one for my 21st but I don't like my chances.

I never understood the idea behind making a two door taxi cab.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Thu, 14 November 2002 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Thu, 14 November 2002 16:19

I never understood the idea behind making a two door taxi cab.

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

MONARO Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Also the HSV isn't really a monaro its called a HSV GTS Coupe Razz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: don't think i can join toymods Fri, 15 November 2002 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still a two door taxi cab.

Twisted Evil
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Fri, 15 November 2002 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm if i had to get a 70s car that wasnt a celica, id go LJ or mk2 corona...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Wed, 27 November 2002 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with Nark...

and people. BE PROUD of your shitbox! i LOVE my KE50 shitter. it gets me everywhere slower than a fart in a headwind, but never breaks down and looks so crap that people avoid it Laughing

if i had a 70's car that wasnt a celica.. it'd be a TE27!
wannatoy
Regular

July 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Tue, 18 February 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing i don't think anyone cares if the car is a POS

mine is a $1K twinky with rust in the rear arch, petrol filler and busted front and rear bumpers... faded paintwork due to outdoor parking & no washing/waxing for 5 yrs (previous owner)

i used to own an excel but copped crap for it.... but it's all good.... i reverted back to a toyota (in retrospect, it was good medicine Very Happy )

i will endeavour to join up soon.... maybe at the next cruise i attend (one down to the south coast in March) if someone can be bother bringing me the package and membership forms
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: don't think i can join toymods Fri, 21 March 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All this glorifying of rust buckets is making me feel like I should still have my good old RA60, rust all through the hatch, electrical tape to try and stop some of the rain getting in, dent in the front quarter, sunroof so rusted and stuffed that when I sold the car I had to close the roof with a rubber mallet Cool

I sent my membership stuff nearly two weeks ago, how long does it usually take to be accepted? Confused
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Fri, 21 March 2003 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7mgte83 wrote on Fri, 21 March 2003 11:43

I sent my membership stuff nearly two weeks ago, how long does it usually take to be accepted? Confused

usually 1 to 2 weeks depending how busy joe is

you can email him to check joe@toymods.org.au
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: don't think i can join toymods Fri, 02 May 2003 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do you feel about Charades Joining up, Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: don't think i can join toymods Sat, 03 May 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHO CARES!
lol just look at ur avatar!!!

hehe drive it like it was ment to be driven!
ON DIRT! Laughing
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: don't think i can join toymods Mon, 05 May 2003 01:53 Go to previous message
GIN51E,

Mate we accept ANY vehicle in the club, You just need to be a Toyota enthusiast.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:board@toymods.org.au
Next Topic:QLD membership
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:36:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073459148406982 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.