Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 11:59 Go to next message
was crusing on geogre street parra. had the fully sik washer jet neons on. cop coming the other way which i didnt see and turned around and pulled me over and defected me for them and my front stickers. i was fucken spewin coz i only hooked them up last week and i hav to take them off. i waas lucky no fine was issed which is mad coz i have schoolies in 5 days..ohh yeah

mr ke70
  Send a private message to this user  
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spewin dude!

Bloody revenue raising bastards!! Mad

Atleast there was no fine thank GOD!!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why do you put something on your car that is known to be illegal and is easy to spot from a mile away? Laughing
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AttentionSeca wrote on Sun, 30 November 2003 20:10

Spewin dude!

Atleast there was no fine thank GOD!!

its not revenue raising as they are actually illegal mate Smile
but yes, nice there was no fine
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude they are only made ilegal for raising revenue!! Mad

Everytime something new comes out its made ilegal so they can raise revenue, thats the way it is!! Mad Mad
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually I thought they where illegal cause they make your car look rice Laughing

lighten up mate, if something is made illegal you have to deal with it, and neon washer jets aren't exactly the worlds greatest loss
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ask them to explain to you why they are Illegal I bet you they either cant or they come up with some lame excuse!!

Alot to learn GTMAN I thought you had some cop mates? Go and ask them they should tell you the truth my cop mates do!!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually visible neon's are illegal because they are distracting. Here in wa you are allowed to have underbody neon's as long as the colour doesn't change and the globe isn't visible. Therefor, washer neon's are illegal. They are illegal cause they can be mistaken for something else if you are say, looking in your rearview mirror, you might think some cops are behind you for example. THAT's why they are illegal.
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have always been intrigued as to the thought processes that lead to people fitting crap like neon lights or LED washer nozzles.
Further more I get confused when people that waste their money on such crap get defected and expect sympathy from someone. Confused

Hope they don't stop though, my mates and I really enjoy laughing our rings off watching these mobile light shows cruise past on a balmy night in Freo.
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but dude honestly they are like the size of an orange pip I dont think people are going to mistake them for cop.

You know what I find more distracting people with really bright head lights even when they arent on high beam and also people with the hallogen bulbs that look blue from a distance,I find these more distractingmore than the washer neons!!

Alsowhat about th green washer neons what do they mistake those for?
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knew a dude who had one of those cruising moterbikes, basically a car on two wheels. It had about 50 lights all over it. Looked like a red and yellow christmas tree.

and on a sidepoint, any bike that has a radio, air-con and a mobile phone on it isn't a bike in my books Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmm.. honda goldwing
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way I dont have any of these either.
My cars not a christmas tree!!

ButIm defendingforthe people that do like them.
I seeno harm in them at all!!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but they are illegal, so you have to get over it, move on and spend your money on something worthwhile in a car.

I'd really like to do a twin turbo 1UZ into my black celica but apparently turbo on a v8 is illegal here in wa for road use. You're pissed, you move onto something else.

And a tt 1UZ is alot more noble then led squirt nozzles Razz
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why do people want to put these things on their cars?????? Confused
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree dude but you gotta understand some people dont have that kind of money. So they put the cheapest things they can find that they like which makes them feel like they are making their car look good!!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had those LED washer jets on my Falcon once and they were great! They disabled the 180kmh speedlimiter and I got up to 315kmh Shocked

/me keeps on beatin on Rolling Eyes
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 30 November 2003 21:19

I had those LED washer jets on my Falcon once and they were great! They disabled the 180kmh speedlimiter and I got up to 315kmh Shocked

/me keeps on beatin on Rolling Eyes

Can you get ones that change colour as you pass through 320?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was told that mine did this but I ran out of road and didnt make 320kmh Sad
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but for some less fortunate people than yourselves who get spoon fed till their 21st birthday, small ricey things is all they can afford and you have lost the whole concept of autosports, which is sharing a common interest of cars and all aspects of their looks and performance and just because a guy likes Neons and other visual makeovers it doesnt mean you should bag them, because they may not be able to afford the performance side of things!!
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck all this light shit! I'm gonna check out a "dump and burn" setup from an F-111. Is see no reason whatsever why I should get defected!

And then the LED's will change colour! Smile
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spoonfed till I'm 21, love it Laughing
I couldn't afford a car till I was 20, and I've worked my arse off to get my two cars now, and every cent of my planned mods will be coming out of my pocket. The only money I've borrowed from my folks for my car has been for getting my silver celica two weeks early so I didn't have to wait for my next paycheck. And you can bet your arse they got it back when I did get the paycheck.

I'm not soapboxing, but you've got it very wrong, at least in my case Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno why you get so angry at ricers. It's their car, their choice. Putting HKS stickers on your car when you don't have any HKS parts is stupid, but I don't see why someone wanting to show off what they have under the hood is bad. I also don't see a problem with neon lights under the car or on the washers.

I agree with attentionSeca. I find those "super bright" globes realy realy distracting. Especialy when they come the other way and I am totaly blinded for a few seconds while my night vision returns. I see people with LED lights on their hoods all the time, and it doesn't distract me.

But does anyone know if LED lights are even illegal in Melbourne?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah when I first got my civic I couldnt afford to do anything to it. So I got smart and painted an apple and used that as my shift knob, and I used some grapes for my valve caps.
And one week when i could afford it I got a bake bean can and put it on my exhaust. Mate I was sooo fully sik Wink But i was always unhappy cause I wanted a VL. Them cars a smick mate.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just hoitz a badge from another VL shane, they are good for at least 30hp, 50hp if you combine it with a Turbo badge
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AttentionSeca wrote on Sun, 30 November 2003 21:54

Yeah but for some less fortunate people than yourselves who get spoon fed till their 21st birthday, small ricey things is all they can afford and you have lost the whole concept of autosports, which is sharing a common interest of cars and all aspects of their looks and performance and just because a guy likes Neons and other visual makeovers it doesnt mean you should bag them, because they may not be able to afford the performance side of things!!

So because a poor person can't afford a something that is decent and worthwhile they buy completely useless shite with no value?

Does that mean rich people don't fit neon lights and LED's to their cars?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtman wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 00:02

just hoitz a badge from another VL shane, they are good for at least 30hp, 50hp if you combine it with a Turbo badge

Shit, I wish I thought of that Evil or Very Mad
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 00:19

hey, you got ripped off my one made 400km/hr and then i backed off coz the car started flying, you must have got the cheap led'z from supercheap autos.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2003 14:08]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay okay. People who think that 'cuz their car is rice it goes faster are stupid. But can anyone tell me they know a ricer who thinks it makes their car go faster? If you do, then... well they are retarded.

And one of my pet hates are those exaust tip things. Shiny 3" exaust tips are fine, when they are on a 3" exaust. But when they are just bolted onto the end of a 1.5" exaust... that is just... so fucking dumb.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=smt_007 wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 00:06][quote title=Cool1 wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 00:19]I had those LED washer jets on my Falcon once and they were great! They disabled the 180kmh speedlimiter and I got up to 315kmh Shocked [quote/]

hey, you got ripped off my one made 400km/hr and then i backed off coz the car started flying, you must have got the cheap led'z.[/quote]
You kiddin me? I payed like $19.95 for mine Confused
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should have gotten your rich, generous parents to buy you those $50 led's, when will you learn No No No Smile
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No buit for some people thats ll they have and hell if they want to do it Ill tell them their car looks nice!!

Im not a slack ass to people who are less fortunate than myself!!

If thats all they can afford and their passion is with autosports let the poor guys do it!!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if their passion was autosports they wouldn't vandalise their own cars Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtman wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 00:09

you should have gotten your rich, generous parents to buy you those $50 led's, when will you learn No No No Smile

Nah they dont like my Ford! They wanted me to get a BMW M3 or sumfing Rolling Eyes
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was going so fast with my $10 ledz ppl were on the radio saying theres a ufo on the freeway. Shocked
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 00:12

I was going so fast with my $10 ledz ppl were on the radio saying theres a ufo on the freeway. Shocked

I think I heard about that Laughing
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why is there poor people?

Why are they allowed to drive cars? Confused
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown, they buy their cars with their CentreLink money, that's why they go for the sixz0r led conversion kits, and the cut springs ofc, they look MAD!!!
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cars are cheap you can get one for $100 with a day rego, me and my mate got a sigma and went past about about 5 speed cameras doing atleast 30km/hr over the speed limit, lucky we didnt get gaught. Evil or Very Mad

Funny thing is we picked up the car at a block of flats next to castle hill police station and my mate smokes it up infront of the police station. Twisted Evil
But thats when we were young (a year ago).

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2003 14:23]

Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In Japan they have disposable cars just like disposable cameras with neons and and LED's. Because the cars are disposable, poor people can afford them. If you get caught by a camera you just pull up at the next bin and throw it away!!

The LED's don't change colour when you go through 320 Sad
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 01:25

In Japan they have disposable cars just like disposable cameras with neons and and LED's. Because the cars are disposable, poor people can afford them. If you get caught by a camera you just pull up at the next bin and throw it away!!

The LED's don't change colour when you go through 320 Sad

So in Australia we are getting all teh disposable cars from Japan, finally i know now why we have so many skylines and silvias in aus, coz there cheap disposable cars. Razz
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So if you buy a Silvia or Skyline to you get a poor person as well??
I'd like to have a poor person to install my washer nozzle LED's and my dump and burn system. Smile

Do poor people smell or have diseases?? Confused
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: neon washer jet defection Sun, 30 November 2003 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naw, well I don't.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with the reasoning behind neons and washer LED's being illegal.

Basically you are effecting the lighting scheme of the car, and becuase at night the lights on the car are specifically designed and placed as specific indicators to other drivers of the cars position, direction etc - then changing that is potentially dangerous.

Also if they were to allow washer LEDs to be legal, then they would have to do the same for ANY kind of external lighting that doesnt comply with ADR's.

P.S. Jaycar, LA5092 $9.95
If you really want them, then why oh why are you buying them at $30 or so?
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 11:01

i agree with the reasoning behind neons and washer LED's being illegal.

Basically you are effecting the lighting scheme of the car, and becuase at night the lights on the car are specifically designed and placed as specific indicators to other drivers of the cars position, direction etc - then changing that is potentially dangerous.

Also if they were to allow washer LEDs to be legal, then they would have to do the same for ANY kind of external lighting that doesnt comply with ADR's.

P.S. Jaycar, LA5092 $9.95
If you really want them, then why oh why are you buying them at $30 or so?

Thats probably the best reason I have heard!

I dont want them Im just saying if people want them on their car, wannabe heros that think their car is the fastest thing on 4 wheels shouldnt be hasseling them, especially if thats all they can afford!!
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Quote:

Everytime something new comes out its made ilegal so they can raise revenue, thats the way it is!! Mad Mad

Quote:

I agree dude but you gotta understand some people dont have that kind of money. So they put the cheapest things they can find that they like which makes them feel like they are making their car look good!!

Quote:

Is it just me or is AttentionSeca a F*ckin' whinger!!!!! Whinge whinge whinge... that's all you do. It's not just this thread either.

Maybe, as your name states, you're just an attention seeker. Confused
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 11:59

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Is it just me or is AttentionSeca a F*ckin' whinger!!!!! Whinge whinge whinge... that's all you do. It's not just this thread either.

Maybe, as your name states, you're just an attention seeker. Confused

Laughing I agree.. The guy is a knob jockey Laughing
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like I give a fuck what you think simdog you inbred fuck!! Twisted Evil
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone needs to take a chill pill, smoke a reefer... something...

BTW track times are the only thing that impresses me (not bling bling, straight line speed...) that and rally, oh if only i could afford the time and money!! Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey hey, calm down. It's not AttentionSeca's fault, he's probably a pom or something... like me.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 12:50

Hey hey, calm down. It's not AttentionSeca's fault, he's probably a pom or something... like me.

Laughing Well said
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 13:24

theres got to be a more pleasant way to get attention??
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shteeve wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 12:55

Cool1 wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 13:24

theres got to be a more pleasant way to get attention??

Go ahead and point out these more pleasant ways..
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt AttentionSeeker would use them. He seems to want to contradict everyone and pull cliche phrases like "revenue raising".

Hey, AttentionWhore how old are you anyway? Confused
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AttentionSeca wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 10:40

Like I give a fuck what you think simdog you inbred fuck!! Twisted Evil

Boy poor people don't use very nice language!
Are they all like that? Confused

If they are I won't have a poor person I'll fit the LED's myself and just use a poor person temporarily to test my dump and burn system!
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 11:34

I doubt AttentionSeeker would use them. He seems to want to contradict everyone and pull cliche phrases like "revenue raising".

Hey, AttentionWhore how old are you anyway? Confused

Apparently he's 12, but you'd never guess it!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno fella's, he's said he's had ten years driving experience, so we should all listen to his valuable road experience. If anyone should know how to deal with the cops, he would
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtman wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 14:36

I dunno fella's, he's said he's had ten years driving experience, so we should all listen to his valuable road experience. If anyone should know how to deal with the cops, he would

Thats true Rolling Eyes All praise the Attentionslut Yawn
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now your gettin me mixed up wit ya mum Cool1 Laughing
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: neon washer jet defection Mon, 01 December 2003 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Experience on Gran Turismo doesn't count!
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:1990 GSR VS 1988 COROLLA SX
Next Topic:TE37 wins state Rally2wd title
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:17:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010329008102417 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.