Toymods » Cruises and Events » details for 10th jan cruise in brissy

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 22 December 2003 08:00 Go to next message
IF ANYONE DOESNT THINK THESE PLANS ARE LOGICAL, PLEASE PIPE UP OR HOLD YOUR PEACE.

so far the plan is for a big cruise from brissy to the north coast,

plan layout is
Quote:

but there seemed to be a few people liking this:

start Mt Cootha
head to Samford via The Gap, Keperra, Ferny Grove, etc
stay on <22> and head to Dayboro
climb Mt Mee (lots of twisty corners and sweepers!)
stop after Mt Mee village for a break
up to D'Aguilar & Woodford
turn right onto <53> and go to Maleny via Stanmore, Cedarton
(road from there to Maleney is sealed and good - map out of date?)
stop for lunch outside of Maleny (is full of yuppies on days-off)
go down range to Landsborough
then over to Caloundra (or to Mooloolaba)
or head bank down old highway to Brisbane
(via Beewah, Beerburrum, Cabulture, Morayfield, etc)

i say we meet at garden city outside rebel sport at 8.30, which will give time for late straglers, leave there at 9.00 to be at mt cootha 9.30 for a 10.00 leave, simultaneously, maybe the west/northies could meet at aspley maccas.

not really sure if there is a decent place to park 20-30 toyotas and have a feed anywhere.
But i wanna eat, by looking at the schedule, we may even be up there near dusk, so we may stop for dinner.

ppl coming so far
bold means a definate

V8_MA61
Cool1
wilbo666
boris
thechuckster
munki
Jag7799
KiRK
glen3190008702

DeViL rOlLa
TRD-75
4AGE-AE86
wagonist
Hawk
alwaysRA23
bassaholic55
TRD78

silvercil40
levindrifta
arena

spectral
ViNcEnXo
BlackieWolfie
philmelvin
philmelvins mate keith
astroboy007

bassaholics mate shane
77celeeper
KaT20V
rollawagon
japlish
clancey
Mad RS

below is ppl from boostcruising.com

crazy bunny
GTZLevin
Supracrazy
boosted AE86
Skidman

TRacerD
rx3rotor20b
TRD Camry
swoon
NOG04
hi lux
ADO
FaTs
GrimWolge
11lux
nazza944

29 definates Very Happy
and 21 maybe's

[Updated on: Sun, 28 December 2003 09:10]

Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 22 December 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i'm looking forward to this more than xmas
grimwolge
Regular

May 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 22 December 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have one MAJOR problem there.

Unless you intend on parking up around the corner on the side of the road on dirt (a little bit up from the roundabout)- there is no way all these people will be able to park at Mt Coot-tha for 30 mins. Especially if its a touristy "sunday driver" / "lets go have a BBQ" kind of day for the public... It fills up pretty quick.

Just a suggestion... In advance to prevent mass parking anarchy

Other than that, looking forward to it very much !

[Updated on: Mon, 22 December 2003 09:19]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 22 December 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe we could all meet in the gardens/planetarium carpark
grimwolge
Regular

May 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 22 December 2003 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its up to you.

It it were me, I'd be telling people to park on the dirt (side of the road) back towards the TV stations side of the roundabout at the top (just before the lookout).

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 23 December 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so aspley maccas for north people. will the rest of you guys be going through there? Or will we meet you somewhere else? What time should North people meet at Aspley maccas?

thanks
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 23 December 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The gardens/planetarium carpark is a great place to meet... It's been used several times to get cruises started by a few clubs. Plenty of parking to.

Cheers Kirk

[Updated on: Tue, 23 December 2003 08:09]

boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 23 December 2003 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'm going to go to asply maccas first so i'll probably meet up with Jag7799 there aswell, so maybe all northside people should go there first? looks like we're up for a fairly early start to the day... maybe we could all meet up for some breaky first?
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 23 December 2003 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in for the cruise on the 10th, should be good. Haven't had the turbo pussbucket out for a cruise yet Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 23 December 2003 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SO what time for people at Aspley Maccas? remembering that I will be driving from the Sunshine Coast! Smile
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Wed, 24 December 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably meet about the same time as the southo's will be meeting at GC, i dont mean we meet at GC then go to aspley and then to mt cootha, we have 2 litle meetings at the same time at GC and aspley and we then all meet at the same time at mt cootha

obviously ppl near the mountain can just roll there Razz

bassaholic, wouldnt it be easier 4 u to meet somewhere closer, just for ease for u.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Wed, 24 December 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriously, I have no idea where you are really going! So I will just meet at where ever is easiest and then follow Smile So do you think I should just meet at Mt Cootha at 9:30 then?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Wed, 24 December 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phil,

when i get back to civilzation (am currently resorting to dialup) i'll go an buy a current map of SEQ that covers the route and highlight the route - i'll also do some closeups of UBD maps of the meetup points?

i'll post them as PDFs if that's alright with everybody.

Also, if some of us head towards caloundra/mooloolabah to say hello to <bassaholic55>'s flatmates/mates/family/cat/dog (or someoine else from the coast?) then any suggestions for destination/route that doesn't run foul of authority? cause i'm actually not keen on yet another trip down the highway (am tired of driving at >130k and not getting a personalised photo from DoT).

charles
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 25 December 2003 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55 wrote on Wed, 24 December 2003 21:37

Seriously, I have no idea where you are really going! So I will just meet at where ever is easiest and then follow Smile So do you think I should just meet at Mt Cootha at 9:30 then?

may as well, u'll just be double backing

will u be rolling in the 1JZ

BTW who has CB's
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 25 December 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, looked like a good cruise, but gotta be back at work in Sydney on 2/1. Crying or Very Sad
Maybe next time.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Fri, 26 December 2003 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok we really need to organise definate meet up times for people at different areas as we have people from other forums attending that i'm sure would appreciate some definate times/places. Philmelvin i've got a CB who else?
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Fri, 26 December 2003 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a CB and will be meeting at Mt Cootha at around 9.30 Wink

Cheers Kirk

[Updated on: Fri, 26 December 2003 07:33]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Fri, 26 December 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will be going in my 1jz Corona providing I am roadworthy and registered which should be OK hopefully.

otherwise, the little stinker of a Corolla will be making the trip Sad

I will have a CB as well. I will get a map and work out where you are going and then tell you where i will meet. That may help.

later
Chris
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Fri, 26 December 2003 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my bro in law got 2 cb's for xmas, so yes i will have a cb too Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Sat, 27 December 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have just had a read of the map to see where we are going and was wondering where the people that meet at Aspley are going to meet the rest that meet at Mt Cootha?

I think i will meet at Aspley Maccas though as it looks easier.

thanks
Chris

P.S sorry about all the silly questions but I am really confused Confused
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Sat, 27 December 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55, from what i've gathered what is meant by the jumble of instructions is that, if you live on the northside of brisbane and asply is your closest meet up point than you meet there, if garden city is closer you meet there, if some where else is closer you meet there. Than everybody will hopefully be sychronised and all leave and THEN meet up at Mt Cootha. We will hang there for a bit till everyone arives and from there the cruise will begin. Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Sat, 27 December 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty damn sure ill be there in my new ma70 Smile
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Sat, 27 December 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put me down as a definate, i'll bring levindrifta and arena as well but not sure on the number of cars.
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
icon6.gif  Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Sun, 28 December 2003 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Y'all,
I am new to the site Very Happy , but have been at Twincam16 for a while. I am very interested in doing a cruise, so can someone put me down as a definate please. Might as well make my first cruise a big one like this hehehe . Can't wait to meet everyone.

Cheers

Mad RS
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Sun, 28 December 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i should be there as long as nothing goes wrong with my car. something always happens before a cruise!! Mad oh yeah i've got a CB.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Sun, 28 December 2003 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Boris.

So I will have to be at Aspley Maccas at 8:30! All clear now Smile

I will let you know which car I will be driving closer to the day so you can look out for me incase i get lost.

thanks
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
icon10.gif  Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 29 December 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh man this is going to be good Cool Laughing . I am starting to get goose bumps already. I have never been on a cruise and this is the mother of all cruises!! hehehe Can't wait to meet everyone. Definates should be around 35 including a few from TwinCam16.org. This is going to be great!!!!!
ShaneAE86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 29 December 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a plan Cool
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 29 December 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there *fingers crossed*

provided i wont be in mid conversion
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 29 December 2003 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah put me down. Should be a top day!
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 29 December 2003 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok can we please try and keep the attendance listing under the above format of copying and pasting the list, adding your name and than bolding if you are DEFINATELY coming.

i'll update it to what we've got so far.... Cool

V8_MA61
Cool1
wilbo666
boris
thechuckster
munki
Jag7799
KiRK
glen3190008702

DeViL rOlLa
TRD-75
4AGE-AE86
wagonist
Hawk
alwaysRA23
bassaholic55
TRD78
silvercil40
levindrifta
arena

spectral
ViNcEnXo
BlackieWolfie
philmelvin
philmelvins mate keith
astroboy007

bassaholics mate shane
77celeeper
KaT20V
rollawagon
japlish
clancey
Mad RS

silvercil40
ShaneAE86
NickAE86
mumblezzz

crazy bunny
GTZLevin
Supracrazy
boosted AE86
Skidman

TRacerD
rx3rotor20b
TRD Camry
swoon
NOG04
hi lux
ADO
FaTs
GrimWolge
11lux
nazza944

Thanks.

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 29 December 2003 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can we not keep it to JUST toymods users?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 29 December 2003 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like you guys have a great cruise sorted out!!!

sucks that ill be 20 days late! Crying or Very Sad

hopefully next time!!! Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Mon, 29 December 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn double posting.... Embarassed

[Updated on: Mon, 29 December 2003 14:37]

grimwolge
Regular

May 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oki Dokey.

Will meet you guys at Aspley Maccas.

Live just round the corner from it anyways Very Happy

Should be a fun day.

Those bringing UHF's have we decided on a channel yet? I think 16 is pretty much the everyday cruising channel these days.

Cheers

-Nick
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what time are people meeting at asply maccas? 8.30? and then meeting at mt cootha at 9.30???

i think that 16 should be kept for people asking directions/cruise related topics and another channel be designated for the usual shit that happens. Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so I will stay on 16 then Smile

Yep, i will be there at 8:30am. I am not liking my chances of driving the Corona though. Not much time to get a safety certificate Sad
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55 let us know what your going in like you said and i'll look out for you on the day and come up and have a chat, i'm not sure on numbers that will be at asply, may be you and me Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep will do. Either way I will be in a yellow 82 model Toyota sedan. One will be a bit loud from the exhaust and nice and shiny and the other will be a bit loud from the stereo and not too shiny Smile

Will probably be using the CB when i get there also.

Later
Chris
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the good news is I can come for the day but have to be back early in the afternoon for a concert Sad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so 8:30 at aspley macca's?.. alright im there.. im def coming but im already bolded anyway...
i think my gf might be coming aswell. who else is meeting at aspley macca's?
i was just too lazy to find this thread until today Smile
i might like to get a few mobile numbers off people a few days before the cruise too incase i get lost... or something

how many km's u reckon we will do that day?
and whats the definite planned route

[Updated on: Tue, 30 December 2003 12:58]

Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the Sprinter is finished I'll try to make it.
Fingers crossed it will be!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be at aspley macca's. My mobile number is 0414386575
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mines
Johal - 0421 925 211
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Tue, 30 December 2003 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who is meeting at Rebel Sports in Garden City??

Don't want to turn up and find a rolla less carpark.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Wed, 31 December 2003 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 31 December 2003 10:00

Your name is Shane right?

Chris - 0404029203 Although I don't think I will be of any help to anyone that is lost.

Wow, might get to meet the famous Bill Sherwood! Smile
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Wed, 31 December 2003 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be at asply at 8.30

jake mobile - 0422270193
CB - 16

Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 31 December 2003 05:00]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Wed, 31 December 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55 wrote on Wed, 31 December 2003 13:26

Cool1 wrote on Wed, 31 December 2003 10:00

Your name is Shane right?

True Smile
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Wed, 31 December 2003 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Who is meeting at Rebel Sports in Garden City??

Don't want to turn up and find a rolla less carpark.

if the sprinter is right to go i'll be at garbo

[Updated on: Wed, 31 December 2003 06:11]

Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Wed, 31 December 2003 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can put me in bold I'll be at rebel at 8.30 or before. Can't wait.
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Wed, 31 December 2003 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive dragged a few arses over from Twincam.org
Twincam 16, 20vTwinCam, boosted ae86, Billzilla(maybe), ju571n(maybe), NickAE86(maybe), Aneema(maybe).
ShaneAE86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 01 January 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup i'll be meeting yas at Garbo too

[Updated on: Thu, 01 January 2004 00:05]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 01 January 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61
Cool1
wilbo666
boris
thechuckster
munki
Jag7799
KiRK
glen3190008702

DeViL rOlLa
TRD-75
4AGE-AE86
wagonist
Hawk
alwaysRA23
bassaholic55
TRD78
silvercil40
levindrifta
arena

spectral
ViNcEnXo
BlackieWolfie
philmelvin
philmelvins mate keith
astroboy007

bassaholics mate shane
77celeeper
KaT20V
rollawagon
japlish
clancey
Mad RS

ShaneAE86
NickAE86
mumblezzz

crazy bunny
GTZLevin
Supracrazy
boosted AE86
Skidman

TRacerD
rx3rotor20b
TRD Camry
swoon
NOG04
hi lux
ADO
FaTs
GrimWolge
11lux
nazza944

i'll be at garden city
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 01 January 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can us city boys meet at roma st again?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 01 January 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mobile is 0405 131728
ShaneAE86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 01 January 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only problem is, having multiple groups etc... things turn messy
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 01 January 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
messy...?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 01 January 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well... some ppl wont really know where mt cootha is {like me Confused } so if we meet at garden city and aspley maccas and then leave from there, then we/I can follow others

or if u dont want the hassle then just meet at mt cootha
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 01 January 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know how to get to mt cootha from roma st...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: details for 10th jan cruise in brissy Thu, 01 January 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Change of plans

will be staying in Brissy on Friday night and it is just around the corner from Mt Cootha. So I will meet there at 9:30 (sleep in Smile) So where exactly in Mt Cootha to meet?
Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:friday nite cruse
Next Topic:Thoughts on Mountain Cruise?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 00:56:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095398426055908 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.