Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
4AGE Gearbox Questions Sat, 27 December 2003 08:37 Go to next message
Hi guys,
Need a new gearbox on my AE82 Twincam. It's running a rebuilt AE92 SX smallport 100kW engine with a few mods (cams, shaved head, extractors, exhaust etc). Wondering which 4AGE gearboxes I can use and which is going to be strongest. I didn't bust this one, former owner, but I wouldn't mind going stronger over slightly faster ratios.

Please help/advise!

Also, where can you recommend to both purchase and install new gearbox + approximate price if appropriate.

Thanks guys,
Ozzie.
  Send a private message to this user    
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sat, 27 December 2003 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contact Matt at toyospares.com.au, he can tell/sell you everything you need for a new g/box. If I was in your position I would go for the 6spd g/box that comes with the 20v 4age's in the ae111.
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sat, 27 December 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the link mate. Pity they're in Melbourne Sad Otherwise I'd be in there on Tuesday. Anything comparable in Sydney?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sat, 27 December 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an ae92 GZE box you can have for $50 Evil or Very Mad
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sat, 27 December 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How many KMs? In good condition? Where are you?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sat, 27 December 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately I'm down Melb way too. I don't honestly know for sure what shape it's in, but my understanding is that the car had only done around 30,000km. I'm using the engine that was attached to it, and when I pulled the sump off the engine, it sure looked brand new/clean, and nothing appeared to have done too many km.
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sat, 27 December 2003 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Could be ROAD TRIP TIME! Dunno dude, it's a long way to come for a box. And then theres the fun of carting it back to Sydney. All the while praying my current box doesn't give out. If you have a look at the cost of shipping it to us and it's no more than $100 (plus your $50 of course) then DONE!
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sat, 27 December 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you pay anywhere near $100 for the shipping your paying to much.

Melbourne to sydney for a 25kg-40kg parcel shouldnt cost more then $60-$70, thats australia post.
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sat, 27 December 2003 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh well. That's the price I'm willing to pay Smile $150 all up.
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sun, 28 December 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a gze box is no where near 25kg-40kg!! 6 speed wont fit in a ae82! I have a box here but its prob in just as worse maybe a lil better condition yours is in.
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sun, 28 December 2003 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of condition? Are the syncro's still in good condtion? Does it crunch? If the answer's are good, yes and no I'll take it off yer paws for a 6 pack of whatever beer ya like Very Happy
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sun, 28 December 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It never crunch on me,though i wasnt driving it hard. Second gear was abit hard to engage but otherwise its ok. I gotta wait untill i definetly get my new box though
nos4ag
Regular

November 2002
Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sun, 28 December 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey GZE-Style, Have you done the 6 speed swap into an AE82? I was gonna do the same converion! How come it wont fit? It should by my measurements, with a little bit of NOS4AG touch!
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sun, 28 December 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apprently it'll hit the chassis rail as the 6 speed is abit longer, suppose if you want to hit the chassis rail out Rolling Eyes
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4AGE Gearbox Questions Sun, 28 December 2003 10:56 Go to previous message
GZE - if it's 'surplus' to your needs in a couple of weeks, and it's in decent condition, would probably be more than happy to take it off your hands. Might take that and current box to a reconditioning place and see what they can make me. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Starlet running rough at times
Next Topic:Toyota Crown 72 Question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 22:30:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062291622161865 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.