Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

a toyota car club Fri, 09 January 2004 06:09 Go to next message
I was briefly discussing this idea with shane and wilbo the other day.
I was thinking about getting together some sort of club so we could actually go to places like lakeside, where you have to be in a club to race there. SO what better way, than a toyota club??
It'd take a fair bit of work i realise, but i think it'd pay off by just the entitlements we would get.

Please leave feedback

Blake.
  Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: a toyota car club Fri, 09 January 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a really good idea although the one big problem is public liablity insurance, to be able to pay that you need a LOT of members Sad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: a toyota car club Fri, 09 January 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you should survey a few folks about what they would actually use the club for - there's already quite a few auto clubs (see back section of Queensland StreetCar Magazine) so you might be spreading membership too thin.

maybe there's something else not being covered by existing clubs?

or being an (semi)official supporting club for a racers running toyotas (like TerryOBeirne and his MR2)?

having said that, it would be nice to go to willowbank/kalbar/etc and run without a a highly critical audience.

charles.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: a toyota car club Fri, 09 January 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah charles im in total agreeance...
I got the idea from my dad - he used to own an mgb, and was a member of the austin healey/mg/aston martin etc slub..and they had priveleges of doing a day at lakeside
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Sat, 10 January 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon its a great idea... id like to have one with actual membership... even if its just a qld section of toymods...like "toymods qld" or something
be better than just being forums junkies... can actually go do stuff
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why isn't there a Toymods branch in Queensland?

There should be!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here here kirk!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Toyota Car Club of Australia (formerly the Celica Car Club of Qld) has close ties with ToyMods. If you want to join a CAMS-affiliated Toyota club, that's your best bet.

Forget about forming your own club and participating in motorsport events, with public liability etc these days it's just not feasible any more - you have to be part of a large club with the resources to do that sort of thing.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where can we find out more about this celica club norbie?
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's alright if you get along with the club members...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also alright if you live on the south side which is where the club does everything.
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sun, 11 January 2004 15:11

where can we find out more about this celica club norbie?

The Celcia Car Club of Qld used to be at Toowong, the guy running it is caled John Lapworth Ph#07 3376 5271.
There is also a Toyota Restorers and Collectors Club at Banyo. Run by a dude named Alan Ph#07 3267 5708
Hope that can help ya.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Banyo is a little closer to home Very Happy
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not far for you at all.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that later one sounds like an idea...is it worth trying them do you's think?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe.. but only if we all join?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well we'd have to find out all the costs, and legal stuff that we'd need to do?? but it sorta would be weird, a bunch of us joining another bunch of people...shame we cant just have like an off-branch! There is enough of us!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: a toyota car club Sun, 11 January 2004 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, if someone can get some info. on cost and things they do and post it up that would be great!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Mon, 12 January 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah would suck if we all joined a car club and we were all just like low down new members
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: a toyota car club Mon, 12 January 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 10:02

yeah would suck if we all joined a car club and we were all just like low down new members

Your just a low down scum bag member now, so what would the difference be Confused

Laughing Razz
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: a toyota car club Mon, 12 January 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 12:19

Your just a low down scum bag member now, so what would the difference be Confused

we'd be new, low down, scum bags ...

Very Happy Very Happy
BlackieWolfie
Regular

July 2002

icon3.gif  Re: a Toyota car club Mon, 12 January 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys & (Gals),

I'll help get a Toymods QLD started if anyone else is interested in getting a A Toymods QLD going.
I was trying to get a Toymods SA started down here,but things didn't go as well as planned.
Anyhow,I should be moving back up to Brisbane around June/July.But I can start looking for all the related Legal info if people up there can help out,seeing as I aint physically there.
Anyhow,get back to me via E-mail or Pm me if this sounds appealing to you Guys & Gals.

Steve.

P.S.
Anyone got a website & e-mail address etc for that Toyota Car Club on the southside & also does anyone have a copy of their constitution( in .pdf format preferably please) & other stuff associated with them.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 January 2004 06:26]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Mon, 12 January 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 12 January 2004 13:19

Laughing Razz

but id be even lower... a man just cant handle that
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: a toyota car club Mon, 12 January 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i would prefer to join an existing club just so you don't have to worry about all the legal crap but that is just me Smile
AE82_Basshatch
Newcomer

January 2004
Re: a toyota car club Sat, 17 January 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i am interested in joining a toyota club and coming on any cruises you guys have i just got my rolla
ThatDogsFullySickMate
Regular

January 2004
Re: a toyota car club Sun, 18 January 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would insurance be a problem anyway ?

not wanting to throw a spanner in the works but it should be as simple as...

1) forming a group of people together who share a common interest (i.e. toyotas)

2) finiding out the legal mumbo jumbo and how much insurance costs

3) getting everyone to chip in on an annual basis to cover insurance, thereafter it could be cheaper as more members join the group

in my experience if somebody says it cant be done, they dont want it to be done, anything is possible, how else can a trade qualified chef learn to rebuild an engine in his backyard shed with no prior experience of rebuilding

also if it helps, i have a line on cheap tshirts and stickers, so that would take care of the identity part of the club, all thats left is the legal side and getting the people together on a regular basis at convenient location
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: a toyota car club Sun, 18 January 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clearly you've never been involved in forming a club.

1) is the easy part.

2) is BLOODY hard and time-consuming.

3) is expensive until you have a big group, which generally takes years for a special interest group like this.

No-one has said it can't be done, of course it can be done otherwise there wouldn't be any clubs out there! The point some of us are trying to make is it's way more effort than it's worth when there are already clubs out there with the same interests as us. It doesn't make sense to have several Toyota clubs in Brisbane when there are so few of us to begin with.

Having said all of that, if you guys want to find out the hard way I'm not going to stop you. Smile
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
Re: a toyota car club Tue, 20 January 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know about making a club from sratch. All joining a current club that share our same interests seem to be the logical way. We should get the details of the surrounding clubs and make a group decision on which club to join. That way we can negotiate for different entitlements. Also, it lets us plan events we want to do with the likely hood of other Toyota fans joining in. We can show them how Toymodders do things and we can learn about how they do things.

I say we start a list of likely joiners so that we can go to the club and say, "We can bring 10 new members if we are allowed to..... (state our requirements)". Things like doing our own cruises without the approoval of the president. Things like that.

The List:
Mad RS

PS: It could mean alot more members to Toymods aswell. We could start a close relationship between Toymods and the chosen QLD club. This could be done in each state and Toymods could be the linking factor. Meaning, big things for Toymods!!!!!!!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2004 06:41]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: a toyota car club Tue, 20 January 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

So put your name down on this list if you would like to join. I will start

Bassaholic55
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: a toyota car club Tue, 20 January 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55 wrote on Tue, 20 January 2004 18:46

sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

So put your name down on this list if you would like to join.

Bassaholic55
thechuckster plus i'll go financial for toymods

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2004 09:57]

ThatDogsFullySickMate
Regular

January 2004
Re: a toyota car club Tue, 20 January 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad RS
Bassaholic55
thechuckster
ThatDogsFullySickMate
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: a toyota car club Wed, 21 January 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 11 January 2004 15:25

Banyo is a little closer to home Very Happy

Sure is.

And so is lakeside. Like two minutes closer to home literally. Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: a toyota car club Wed, 21 January 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone rang the banyo club yet?
ThatDogsFullySickMate
Regular

January 2004
Re: a toyota car club Wed, 21 January 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no but i played a banjo Smile
ThatDogsFullySickMate
Regular

January 2004
Re: a toyota car club Fri, 23 January 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so out of all the qld people only four are serious in wanting to do something ?

do you guys want to meet up and join a club together ?...that way we wont feel much like 'the new guy'
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: a toyota car club Fri, 23 January 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its hard to say yes or no before we know too much about what's going on. Has anyone bothered to do any research yet? what about cost, some sort of insurance and what priveliges will we have as a club.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Wed, 28 April 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know this thread is old.. but why cant we all just become financial members of qld who live in qld
its still a car club just a bunch of us live in qld?.. or is there something stopping that from working
Ice_majik
Regular

December 2002
Re: a toyota car club Wed, 28 April 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good Old John Lapworth , he was running it when I was a member 20 years ago. Good club.
Might have to sign up myself again. Cool
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: a toyota car club Wed, 28 April 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to join a car club but just worried people won't let me in because i drive a stocko camry
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: a toyota car club Wed, 28 April 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a toymods qld perhaps? You would have to speak to thetoyman75 and dannygt4 re is this ok to do?
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: a toyota car club Wed, 28 April 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it happens can i join i live about 130km away from brissy would be willing to drive down now and again
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: a toyota car club Wed, 28 April 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think us all joining the toymods club for a starters would be better - and once numbers settle, we look at what benefits could garnered by qld members? otherwise, i think it wiser to consider one of the existing clubs.

Considering there's two pages of club listings every issue of Qld Street Car, i think yet another club would be somewhat futile. safety and growth in number should be somethign to works towards first?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Thu, 29 April 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 23:35

i think us all joining the toymods club for a starters would be better - and once numbers settle, we look at what benefits could garnered by qld members? otherwise, i think it wiser to consider one of the existing clubs.

Considering there's two pages of club listings every issue of Qld Street Car, i think yet another club would be somewhat futile. safety and growth in number should be somethign to works towards first?

but alot of other clubs are car specific.. splitting us up...
there mightent be another club that caters for our needs
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: a toyota car club Thu, 29 April 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im about to pay for a toymods membership. You need this to enter any main events anyway, so id suggest you guys do the same...a toymods qld branch would be great....we could do our own thing wen suits us...as i said we need to check with dannygt4 and thetoyman75 before we go further to make sure doing this is ok.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Thu, 29 April 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 14:48

Im about to pay for a toymods membership. You need this to enter any main events anyway, so id suggest you guys do the same...a toymods qld branch would be great....we could do our own thing wen suits us...as i said we need to check with dannygt4 and thetoyman75 before we go further to make sure doing this is ok.

well lets do that.. i mean it wouldnt hurt toymods to expand to other cities considering the ammount of other state members on the forum... and we could appoint brisbane chairmans or whatever..
who wants to get in touch with them?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: a toyota car club Thu, 29 April 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll pm danny and see what he thinks.
Wed all have to meet and decide on a board etc...as it would kind of be official.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Thu, 29 April 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure its worth a meet Smile..
there are plenty of people worthy of being on the board.. ive got a few that id reccommend
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: a toyota car club Thu, 29 July 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am the president of the Toyota Car Club of Australia Qld Inc (formerly Celica Car Club of Qld) and we are trying to find people like yourselves who are interested in motorsport activities. Unfortunately there are some old farts in our club but they are rapidly being overtaken by new members. All general meetings are held at 4x4xMore Salisbury but we cruise to anywhere. I live on the Northside - Albany Creek, and don't really care where I'm driving to just as long as I get to drive my GT-Four. If I can help with an info you want on the club let me know.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Thu, 29 July 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Thu, 29 July 2004 20:32

I am the president of the Toyota Car Club of Australia Qld Inc (formerly Celica Car Club of Qld) and we are trying to find people like yourselves who are interested in motorsport activities. Unfortunately there are some old farts in our club but they are rapidly being overtaken by new members. All general meetings are held at 4x4xMore Salisbury but we cruise to anywhere. I live on the Northside - Albany Creek, and don't really care where I'm driving to just as long as I get to drive my GT-Four. If I can help with an info you want on the club let me know.

Blake willbo and I were at your last meeting.. i dont know if i can make it to the next one.. but ill definately be signing up at the one after that
blake is definately signing up(v8_ma61)
ive got the 1jz 84 soarer
and he has the 302 ma61
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: a toyota car club Thu, 29 July 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johal: make sure you tell us all the info. from this meeting as I would like to know all about it and see if it would be a good idea for me to join also.

Although fixing my car should probably be priority no. 1 Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Fri, 30 July 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 29 July 2004 23:21

johal: make sure you tell us all the info. from this meeting as I would like to know all about it and see if it would be a good idea for me to join also.

Although fixing my car should probably be priority no. 1 Razz

I can tell you already it would be a good idea.. and a good idea for all qld toymod members
as he said.. they do outage us by a good 20 yrs(some of them)
but theres lots of nice cars and they all seem nice
one thing they do like we cant is ORGANISE
they have a monthly events calendar and all other good stuff..
Cruises every week? or few
have go-karting and stuff like that like once a month.
I think the club would also really be brought to life if all us young people with nice toyota's joined aswell
blake and I are going to.. and I would like it if as many qld people could aswell.
THEN we can have some real cruises that dont die off the week before they are meant to happen etc
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: a toyota car club Sat, 31 July 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that sounds very good to me then.

now just have to get the car going again Smile
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: a toyota car club Sat, 31 July 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be going to the next meeting! Sounds good. What time is it held?

[Updated on: Sat, 31 July 2004 02:09]

NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: a toyota car club Sat, 31 July 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you guys really want some sway with the Toyota Car Club then we will be having our Annual General Meeting at 7.30pm September 14. We will be forming the new committee on this night for the next club year. only one or two new people can make a very big difference. The meetings themselves can be a bit boring but they are necessary. As for the query about the Banyo club, although they are a fantastic bunch of guys, you may wish to know that they don't have many events that you guys would like to participate in. I beleive all they do is go to historic car shows and swap meets as they are all about restoration rather than modification.

As for the Stocko Cars my wife drives a stocko camry and we regularly go to events in it. We don't care what sort of Toyota it is, mofified or not, just as long as it is a Toyota.

Saying all this I don't want to seem as though I am trying to poach you guys from toymods, as I will soon be joining toymods as an official member. We'd just like to be there for toymods for any events you guys would like to be part of in QLD.

Eg on Sunday September 5 we will be having our annual Show & shine aswell as a Dyno Day at FIST Performance and Audio (Wacol). If anyone is interested we still have about five or six left on the dyno. Cost is $45 and includes a sausage sizzle and a drink. I will need to know no later than the 3rd of August. Sorry about the late notice.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Sat, 31 July 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Sat, 31 July 2004 19:50

If you guys really want some sway with the Toyota Car Club then we will be having our Annual General Meeting at 7.30pm September 14. We will be forming the new committee on this night for the next club year. only one or two new people can make a very big difference. The meetings themselves can be a bit boring but they are necessary. As for the query about the Banyo club, although they are a fantastic bunch of guys, you may wish to know that they don't have many events that you guys would like to participate in. I beleive all they do is go to historic car shows and swap meets as they are all about restoration rather than modification.

As for the Stocko Cars my wife drives a stocko camry and we regularly go to events in it. We don't care what sort of Toyota it is, mofified or not, just as long as it is a Toyota.

Saying all this I don't want to seem as though I am trying to poach you guys from toymods, as I will soon be joining toymods as an official member. We'd just like to be there for toymods for any events you guys would like to be part of in QLD.

Eg on Sunday September 5 we will be having our annual Show & shine aswell as a Dyno Day at FIST Performance and Audio (Wacol). If anyone is interested we still have about five or six left on the dyno. Cost is $45 and includes a sausage sizzle and a drink. I will need to know no later than the 3rd of August. Sorry about the late notice.

i might be up for that depending on whats wrong with my car.. ill get back to you
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: a toyota car club Sun, 01 August 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7.30pm this coming tuesday (1st of the month) at 4x4xmore showroom at the motorama store on beaudesert rd. Directly opposite salisbury wreckers.

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: a toyota car club Sun, 01 August 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have uni that night, but I should be able to escape early. I'll keep an eye out for you guys, I'll be in a blue sprinter.
NoYesWhy
Regular

April 2004
Re: a toyota car club Mon, 02 August 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think its a great idea, but my major concern is that not too many ppl know about us as a collective group. Before reforming/taking over/joining a club, I think we should try to recruit more ppl. I met a young girl at the BP at Indro on the weekend with a beautiful TA22; She had no idea we existed. I found this hard to beleive due to the fact she was in love with her car.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: a toyota car club Mon, 02 August 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
francis.puran wrote on Mon, 02 August 2004 10:55

I think its a great idea, but my major concern is that not too many ppl know about us as a collective group. Before reforming/taking over/joining a club, I think we should try to recruit more ppl. I met a young girl at the BP at Indro on the weekend with a beautiful TA22; She had no idea we existed. I found this hard to beleive due to the fact she was in love with her car.

well.. i think we should all join.. and i will be, not this month.. but next
i think everyone should too.. would be a very nice stable base to actually get some qld shit going
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Want to come along to this? - 4 Sept
Next Topic:Best cruise ever (Sort of)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:53:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010802030563354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.