Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

icon6.gif  Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Thu, 01 August 2002 22:51 Go to next message
Celica/Toyota Cruise Day
Hornsby Heights-Old Northern Road/Wiseman’s Ferry Road
to
Pacific Highway via Yarramalong Road
Distance=approx 200km if we don't continue through to The Entrance

Meet at Rofe Park Hornsby Heights at 8:30am Sunday 25th August 2002

Drive Down Galston Road Through the Gorge.

Turn Right at the first round-about onto Arcadia Road.

Then Left onto Wylds Road.

And then right onto Old Northern Road

Drive to Wiseman’s Ferry along Old Northern Road.

Stop over at Wiseman’s Ferry for brief pit stop to obtain fuel/food/drink ect
Then meet up on side of road before the ferry.

Cross on the ferry onto Wiseman’s Ferry Road,

Follow and turn left onto George Downs drive.

Then right onto Spring’s Road.

Then merge into Greta Road/Bumble Hill Road.

Right onto Yarramalong Road then right onto

Old Maitland road/Cobbs Road,

Find place to pull over and stop before we enter Tuggerah,
To discuss weather we head into Tuggerah and head straight back along the Pacific Highway or continue through to The Entrance and back around the Coast to Gosford where we connect back onto the Pacific Highway for the trip home, and work out where to stop in between for food revival.

Then pull over on the single way road between Cowan and Berowra to say good bye and depart one another as that’s the end of the twisty fun stuff.

AM CB channel = 25
UHF CB Channel = 25

Channels will be those but may be changed just before the Cruise begins if there is to much traffic already on those channels.

If you would like instant updates on this event and any changes to the above details (suh as information on the meeting place) give me your email address and i'll email you straight away to inform you of any changes.

GIN51E@myrealbox.com

[Updated on: Sun, 18 August 2002 07:14]

Send a private message to this user    
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details 25th August Mon, 05 August 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now new and improved, meeting at Rofe Park in Hornsby Heights so we can start the day off wih a good drive through the twisty tarmac of the Gorge.

And guys i don't know if that poll still works once its been moved to the cruises and events forum so please let me know if you intend on attending the event so i know how many people will be going on the cruise. that way i know weather to keep it running or weather to cancel the event.
Remember any Toyota's are welcome to attend.

GIN51E@myrealbox.com

[Updated on: Mon, 05 August 2002 02:54]

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details 25th August (8 days to go) Fri, 16 August 2002 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
back to the top she goes hehehe hehehe hehehe
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Mon, 19 August 2002 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks good, i'm very interested. Probably have a few other ma61's keen too Smile
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Mon, 19 August 2002 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It will be a great day, see you all there.

It will be MA61 day for a few of us.

No Cressida's. hehehe hehehe hehehe
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Mon, 19 August 2002 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you need help bumping it back up there. How do I do that Nod
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Mon, 19 August 2002 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy yay more people interested hehehe

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Mon, 19 August 2002 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont worry Luke, the 1j's will be well represented !!

I got my new CREAR BRINKA'S today should be good for a few more KW.

Matt

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Mon, 19 August 2002 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also last sunday the car park was full due to all the baseball players, hopefully there wont be many that early in the morning but if there is then just find some parking on the road somewhere. Razz
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Mon, 19 August 2002 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kewl, i'll probably get ray as well.
Regular

July 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Tue, 20 August 2002 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be able to get there..What road is Rofe park on????
DO I just head towards the gorge ??
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Tue, 20 August 2002 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha... damn its tempting to take it out .. but no! i can't risk a big fine! Someone wanna drive thunderbird1?? Razz

Luke
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Tue, 20 August 2002 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luke.... use the force!!! Nod
man don't be tempting people to drive your car!! Up To Something

GIN51E... mate ill be there this sunday bright and early! just wish i had time to get my webers tuned before then Confused

looking forward to those twisty roads... but worse is going to be the ultra bumpy BUMPKIN roads out the other side of wisemans... Eye Spin

HOPE TO SEE LOTSA GUYS THERE!!!

ben.. if you want a seat for the cruise and to take some more videos, i got a front seat spare mate!

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Tue, 20 August 2002 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well witzl a good long trash will help clean your engine out before the tune Smile try and think of it in a possitive way, but from the looks of it i reckon it will be a great day but one thing for sure i'm not leading the pack not with my car at least i wouldn't want the mean supra biting at my heels Eye Spin i'll find a nice standard celica to follow that way it will feel like my car has heaps of power Evil or Very Mad also is anyone plan on going on this cruise who has a fully stock celica? as my friend who just bought tanmans car doesn't want to go as he thinks everyone will have a faster car then him although his car has got the best handling! million times better then mine.

also i'll be at Rofe Park at 8:30 probably bit before but first of all i'll be at mount colah macca's getting beloved hot cakes for breaky Very Happy if anyone plans on stopping there before hand i'll be there at about 7:45am

also for someone who asked about where it is Rofe Park is on Galston Road, as you drive through hornsby you then turn onto Galston Road to drive into Hornsby heights and to the Gorge and Rofe Park is a big park on the right side of the road as your driving towards the gorge, i'm sure u can't miss it.

Also for anyone who is interested you will be able to spot me out by my car but if i'm not with my car then look for a tall skinny guy with red hair and most probably wearing a blue Subaru jumper (if i dare to) as i just can't get enough of wearing this jumper Razz
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Tue, 20 August 2002 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah GIN5IE tell ya mate i plan on winning the slowest mobile award hehehe

My car is stock as. Only mods are 13's and stiffer suspension so it corners better than my parents falcon which im impressed with, but that aint much of achievment. Oh and also a 2" inch exhaust which im sure does alot !!

So yeah all in all when it comes to performance, its slow as (unlike shane hehehe )

But i've got boom boom so that eases the pain.

Hopefully im not too hungover though cause this is the last week of exams so i need to drink myself to the bs.

Smiley =
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Tue, 20 August 2002 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha ok i'll let him know, he seems a bit on the shy side with people he doesn't know, anyway should be a great day and i might go get myself a TRD sticker or something as i need all the extra power i can get Razz the fast fours sticker on the back must account for something Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Wed, 21 August 2002 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i've got the go-fast "BD4's" sticker on the back (small one) and the ultra coolness of the "deftones" sticker on the front... but i had to get rid of the goddamn KORN sticker... all that teenage angst was hampering performance and efficiency!!! Freak

ill be there at rofe park 8:30am sharp... tall skinny dude probably wearing an MLC workshop shirt.... (i love that shirt!!)
Regular

July 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Wed, 21 August 2002 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ginsie , Ill be at maccas for breaky also..
Just look for a cobault blue celica with online performance stickers..
See you sunday..Hope there are a few more celicas coming..
Cheers
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Wed, 21 August 2002 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there in an F2 Charade... We'll be getting some sideways action and hope for no spins this time...
Karl,
Thanks buddy for the offer... If i had read this before I proly would've said yes but i dunno yet... I might alternate like last time to get everyones car on vid...
Online,
Rofe Park is on Galston Road... You turn off The Pacific Highway onto Galston Road and head towards the gorge... About half way down there is a park on the right hand side... Its got a small wire fence and it's pretty big...
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Wed, 21 August 2002 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah online i'll see you there then, getting my fantastic two lots of hot cakes, 3 hash browns and strawberry thick shake mmmmmmm...... should settle my stomach down after saturday night at the pub Smile
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Wed, 21 August 2002 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manipulate, if I make it, I do think I will take out the slowest mobile award!! Razz
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Wed, 21 August 2002 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're on Exclamation
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Wed, 21 August 2002 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does that mean I have to go now??? Razz Razz

Only if the Festiva is going to be there Doof Doof Boy (or will the Charade give me some competition)!!

btw, i think the 2WS sticker on the back is going to increase it's power heaps.. more than those TRD stickers. hehehe hehehe

[Updated on: Wed, 21 August 2002 13:31]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Wed, 21 August 2002 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i might put up some doof doof competition.... with my 15...
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Thu, 22 August 2002 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bummer
Im not allowed to pump my doof doof cause im still breaking it in

Its only a single 10" anyways so no biggy

Exclamation Shocked

[Updated on: Thu, 22 August 2002 03:21]

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Thu, 22 August 2002 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'll show u all off with my fat system, clarion cd player head unit and two 4" two way vdo daytons in the front hehehe
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Thu, 22 August 2002 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For all of you to know... I will win the "Doof Doof" competition... Mine consists of:
Alpine CD Player,
Alpine 6.5" component speakers with tweeters,
Alpine Sub amp,
Alpine Speaker amp,
Alpine Type R 12" Sub x 2,
Pioneer 4" splits,
Kenwood 7x10's, and
Stocko 4" splits in the rear...
Although they are not all in the car at the moment they will be when I get around to doing it... BTW, does anyone wanna give me a hand trying to mount the amps somewhere???

Kerr, The Charade will kick some ass with an estimated 90kW at the front wheels (I think)... The Festiva or the Lancer won't be able to make this one... Sorry Kerr... The Race will have to be postponed 'till next time... And the Charade will have no worries eating your Cruiser... Mate, the TRD stickers add an extra 20kw... 2WS ones only add 10kW...
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Thu, 22 August 2002 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice system rolla boy
must have cost u a fair penny though

Man i gotta get up at like 6am possibly on a hangover by the looks of it to get there but i aint complaining

Should be a nice cruise Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Grin
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Fri, 23 August 2002 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well that's the thing... It didn't cost too much...
I gotta get up at about 7am... That's gunna be a bitch...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Fri, 23 August 2002 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha benny!!

if u want to be serious then this is what my ae92 has/had:

MUSIC SOURCE:
Kenwood KDC-5016 Head unit
Kenwood 10 disc stacker
Clarion TVX-6541 (in dash tv)
Crack Active Crossover for fronts and rears

SPEAKERS:
front= Blaukunkt 6.5" velocity 2way competition splits... mounted in custom made door pods
Rear= Blaupunkt entry line 6x9's (just for fill on MDF parcel tray... *u want it benny?)
Subs= Jaycar Carbon fibre 12" subs x 2... mounted in custom 120L dual ported bass reflex enclosure

AMPS:
Jaycar 4x50Wrms for fronts and rears
UNKNOWN *really* old 4ch amp bridged out to run subs (est 120Wrms per sub)

NOW THE CELICA HAS:

MUSIC SOURCE:
kenwood KDC-5016 cd player
kenwood 10 disc stacker

SPEAKERS:
Blaukunkt 6x9's still in the same parcel tray in back seat (dodgy!)
Jaycar Precision 15" Sub... in 75Litre 25mm MDF sealed enclosure
//soon to be replacing 6x9's with the blaupunkt splits in custom door pods

AMP:
Jaycar 4x50Wrms, running one pair bridged for the sub
\\soon to be a 4x100W rms jaycar amp!!

OPh yeah.... and ben i used to install car radios professionally so i can give u a hand with just about anything
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Fri, 23 August 2002 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great! So now when any theiving pieces of shit come on here and want a new stereo, they know what cars to look for ! Smile

Learn by my mistakes, keep it to yourself, its there for enjoying, not worrying every five minutes that you may have heard your car alarm and walking out to see wires hangin out the doors and boot!!

Rollaboy:
Quote:
"Alpine CD Player,
Alpine 6.5" component speakers with tweeters,
Alpine Sub amp,
Alpine Speaker amp,
Alpine Type R 12" Sub x 2,
Pioneer 4" splits,
Kenwood 7x10's, and
Stocko 4" splits in the rear..."

Mate, I'm confused, if you have the 6.5" alpines in the front, where do the "4inch splits" go?

And thats a first! Toyota bringing out standard 4" splits?
May be dual cones, or at most 2 ways...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Fri, 23 August 2002 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 4" are under the dash but the 6.5" will be in the rear...
I dunno if they were standard but they look that way... Cruddy old 4inchers in the rear standard pods...
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Fri, 23 August 2002 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well just so everyone knows the plans are still the same and haven't changed, i'll say this all now as i'm not sure if i will have time tomorrow as i am working all day long then have to of course give the car a good clean out and then attend a party,
but we are still meeting at Rofe Park at 8:30am, if the car park is full then well i have no idea what to do i guess just find parking in the street or something but i think we should be ok, should be too early for all the baseballers to be there.

The weather is meant to be clearing showers to a sunny day with a max of 16'C but i hope they are wrong as usual so we have a nice warm sunny day but i guess a little bit of rain in the morning could start the day off with a little excitment.

also seeing as though many people are travling a fair distance to attend this meet then i understand a few might happen to be a little late so therefor if you don't know of anyone else who is going on the event then you can call me or msg me to let me know if u will be a little late so we can wait for your arrival as we don't want to be leaving anyone behind. so my number is 0408378865 and i guess i look forward to seeing all of you there on Sunday morning.

remember 8:30am!!!! Rofe Park Hornsby Heights Nod

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Fri, 23 August 2002 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is anyone going down fromnt the central coast ??

wanna cruise down together ??

I dont know if we'll be early enough to do the old road first.

I spose thats something we can scope on the day.

postup here if you wanna meet at kariong or something

Matt

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Sat, 24 August 2002 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So does this mean that you ARE coming matt??? I'll be there!!!

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Sat, 24 August 2002 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'll be there.

I wil be checking air pressures at kariong at 8am. planning to drive straight down the freeway, however I could be swayed to do the old road if I was not alone.

So coasties gimme a call !!

Matt

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Sat, 24 August 2002 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'll see all u guys there just hope my car makes it, got a problem last night and its poping and studering don't know whats wrong either something with the ignition or dodgy fuel????
or the effects of getting it dyno tunned on lrp then putting premium in it? who knows lets just hope its ok tomorrow
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Sat, 24 August 2002 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt think the premium would matter mate

Cause just yesterday i started using premium myself
and its running fine no worries

it actually starts a little better

Good luck with it anyway
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Sat, 24 August 2002 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah might check the ignition points, try swapping the spark plugs and check the ignition leads for high resistence tomorrow morning probably see me at rofe with the bonnet up anyway lets hope i can sort it out as nothing pisses me off more then when my car is running shit.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Sat, 24 August 2002 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wont be attending tomorrow guys.. Going out for a few/many/many many many drinks tonight for a mates B'Day! Smile

Have fun fellas!
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Celica/Toyota Cruise Day-Final Details (This Sunday the 25th!!!) Sat, 24 August 2002 09:48 Go to previous message
Come anyway

There nothing like driving hungover with 3 hours of sleep
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:'Gong Cruise
Next Topic:how many people for Celica/Toyota Cruise?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Sep 30 15:38:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058650970458984 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.