Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
icon4.gif  My AW11's Sun, 11 January 2004 18:01 Go to next message
adamb131 has inspired me to post up My two MR2's.

So here they are:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/472000-472999/472977_15_full.jpg

Nov 1987 MR2 4AGE
190,000 klms Sad
17 inch schneider
UNI Pod Filter
2 1/4 inch exhaust
Momo Pedals, Steering, Shifter
Alpine Head Unit
Clarion Speakers
Clarion Woofer

http://palmy.net.nz/mr2dog/photos/AW11/martin-1987-aw11-10.jpg
http://palmy.net.nz/mr2dog/photos/AW11/martin-1987-aw11-12.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/472000-472999/472977_17_full.jpg

Mar 1987 MR2 4AGZE
86,000 klms Smile
15 inch ROH rims
K&N Filter
2 1/4 HKS exhaust (JASMA)
Momo Pedals, Steering, Shifter
Stereo from above MR2 to be installed soon
'Straight off the boat at the moment'
Booked for Blue slip Thursday 15/01/2004

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/472000-472999/472977_11_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/472000-472999/472977_18_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/472000-472999/472977_16_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/472000-472999/472977_12_full.jpg

WooHoo!

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/472000-472999/472977_13_full.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 31 January 2004 20:25]

Send a private message to this user    
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Tue, 13 January 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
couple of new pics......Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Tue, 13 January 2004 13:59]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's - new pics! Tue, 20 January 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no one likes my mr2's?????

ok then
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AW11's - new pics! Tue, 20 January 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice. Looks like the engine bay in the white one could use a clean though! Very Happy
howd the blue slip go for the gze??
My dads friend and my brother both have gze AW11's, one red and one black. Now my dad reckons i should buy one but i think thatd be overkill! I drove my brothers and i love it, so much power its hard believe its only a 1.6! they also feel very direct on the road around corners. happy driving (boosting) haha
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My AW11's - new pics! Tue, 20 January 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoa they don't leave much room in the bay for the gze huh?

Lovely lovely car mate
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's - new pics! Wed, 21 January 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Guys

The GE engine bay is in Butt Ugly condition. Thanks for noticing.
The GZE is in beautiful condition isnt it? It gets all my attention.

The blue slip went fine. Piece of cake. It does help to know someone in the industry....

The only problem is that the GZE handles like a pillow. The GE handles like its on rails but I dont know what springs are in it.

Razz Any ideas on a good setup? I want to be low and fairly stiff. I was thinking Eibach?

thanks
MR
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AW11's - new pics! Wed, 21 January 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could ask my brother what suspension work has been done to his car. His name is Benjamin in these forums.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: My AW11's - new pics! Sat, 24 January 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmm 2 aw11's Very Happy
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's - new pics! Sat, 24 January 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey clowny

tell me about your aw11!! Evil or Very Mad

did you import yourself. How did blue slip go??

cheers
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: My AW11's - new pics! Sun, 25 January 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm mines been in the country for years, just picked her up last weekend.

Yellow
4a-gze with cusco pully, rims, suspension, airfilter in boot, TRD LSD and a few other mods done aswell. Unsure on the power output but everyone that seems to get in it seem to freak at the accelleration/speed of her (even myself) Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My AW11's - new pics! Sun, 25 January 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when are the piccies going to be up joel?

needless to say its a ferkin nice car... been in it too.... Evil or Very Mad
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's - new pics! Sun, 25 January 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mate get some pics up I wanna see it bad. I was gonna spray mine yellow but I cant afford it. Next on the list is an oversized Nevo pulley 175 mm.
I love the idea of a airlift boot thingy. I have only read about it. Is it cool or what? Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2004 06:39]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: My AW11's - new pics! Sun, 25 January 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was gonna get some photo's thrusday, but she was dirty. That turned to friday, which i proceeded to leave the digicam at home. Then it was ment to be today, but im still feeling shite from last night. See kids...... drinking is badddddd! Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's - new pics! Sun, 25 January 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmkkaaaayyyy Very Happy

Im sure they'll be ready soon.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: My AW11's - new pics! Mon, 26 January 2004 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wMjUyOTkxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjUyOTkyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

not the best photo's of her.... but ya get the idea
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My AW11's - new pics! Tue, 27 January 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak first of old_mr2, your a b*stard @#$%%!!!! i want to own 2 aw11's... Laughing (they look good man)!!

and clown, fine example you got there. dont mind the yellow at all.. Smile starting to be a popular colour.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: My AW11's - new pics! Tue, 27 January 2004 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers man, yeah i love the colour Smile Theres a few blemishe's in spots but i figure half the aw11's out there have way worse paint then her so i try to put it in the back of my mind Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My AW11's - new pics! Tue, 27 January 2004 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak have a look at my paint job up close and you will love your's even more..... Shocked
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: My AW11's - new pics! Wed, 28 January 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice 2's bloke... look much better nic than mine.
Another happy member of the 2 2 club : )
Let me know if you next any parts ex-japan... I have a great contact over there for 2nd Hand AW11 stuff and can get most stuff pretty cheap... how does a 5Zigen Stainless Catback system for $450 sound... yes!
I recently got a passenger window switch for $30 landed... i am in Sydney and could only find one in a wreckers in Adelaide and he wanted $75 delivered... Got a TRD air filter for AW11... would you believe $25 landed... Also got the front dash speaker covers which my import was missing when it arrived... $25 landed.
Only stuff for AW11's though as I only do this on the side cause I love AW11's.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's - new pics! Sat, 31 January 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers guys
Having two of them is awesome but I only drive the SuperCharger now Razz
I will be selling the white one very soon Sad
I have had her for about 30 000 klms and its the best car I have ever owned. It was my first step into the land of RWD coupes.

ah, the memories....
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: I love MR2's Sat, 31 January 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't ussualy like the aw11, but these look nice, way to represent the old school! http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon14.gifhttp://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon14.gifhttp://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon14.gifhttp://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon14.gifhttp://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon14.gif
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: I love MR2's Sat, 31 January 2004 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers mate
old school all the way, these cars are a classic.
My mates girlfriemd is going to buy the white one. I wont own it anymore but I will see it all the time Very Happy which is cool
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: I love MR2's Sun, 01 February 2004 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should hopefully be getting one later today, depending on how the RACQ check goes. So hard waiting for the 5 days Sad but the wait is almost over Cool

mmm supercharged goodness hehehe
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Mon, 02 February 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome dude
make sure you post up all details and pics so I can have a gawk at it!!
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Mon, 02 February 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a pic of it on www.autoimports.com.au

talked him down $1000... stupid racq STILL hasnt called me back. GRRRR
i was really hoping to have it tonight, but then again i really didnt wanna drive it 90mins home in the wet during peak hour Razz

something about driving a strange new car that is completely different to anything else ive ever driven in the wet, sorta scares me...

heh must be all those people saying that they are really tail happy especially in the wet and have strange brakes, but thats just a rough stab in the dark Smile
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: My AW11's Tue, 03 February 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its alright in the wet....
Just don't accelerate...
AT ALL Razz
Or you could try opposite lock
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Tue, 03 February 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh sounds like fun
couple of issues that might take a few days to resolve... wheel bearings, key lock, play in steering
should hopefully have it on friday assuming all goes well Very Happy

cant wait... now... STUPID STORMS BUGGER OFF! Mad

heh i need to also organise a trip to the skid pans in brisbane hehehe Rolling
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: My AW11's Tue, 03 February 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mines really good in the wet. You just can't dump accel around corners in wet Very Happy
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Tue, 03 February 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah
just dont accelerate
unless you are ready for action!!

They can spin 180 in a split second if you dont watch out otherwise its heaven on a stick.

Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Tue, 03 February 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im still not overly enthusiastic about driving a completely different car in the wet.
im not really enthusiastic about driving in the wet at the best of times.

stupid accidents Mad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My AW11's Wed, 04 February 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Tue, 03 February 2004 14:12

You just can't dump accel around corners in wet Very Happy

wuuuss... Very Happy

Evil or Very Mad
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Wed, 04 February 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh im going to go for a session on a skid pan after i finally get it Very Happy
gonna be heaps of fun Evil or Very Mad
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Fri, 06 February 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are a different car so be careful. After a few months you will understand how to drive Mid Rear. And you will ask yourself, why didnt I buy 1 earlier?

I got to practice in the NA for two years so stepping up to the GZE. Its so sweet.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 February 2004 16:40]

Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Fri, 06 February 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh assuming i dont kill myself well before then Razz
on the bright side, the dealer is fixing up pretty much everything so i should have a car in quite reasonable condition... assuming it ever makes it to roadworthy Sad
was sposed to have it today at 3, but it fell through Sad
monday... sooooo far away :'(
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Fri, 06 February 2004 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont worry mate you will get one soon. Good Luck Razz go the ZE's
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh but i wanted it like 2 weeks ago :'(
i hate waiting Sad
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont see that much getting used to i normally drive me seca blacktop 20v and then i also every now and then drive an mr2 sw20 bathust version and thats an awsome car going from fwd to rwd isnt to hard to get used to but on a serious note how wicked are mr2 they are so mad honestly one of the best car's toyota make hmmmm so nice and ur two are no diffrent perfect cars well anyway
cheers matt
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love the colour! that wouldnt be forest green now would it?! Very Happy
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after driving a VL commodore, 2xR30 Skylines, and a V8 commodore, i think i should be used to the whole RWD thing... its the mid engine part of it that worries me. been reading up about it and alot of people talk about how easy it is to get it to spin... THATs what worries me
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys
when I say getting used to I dont mean driving around normally.
You can lose it in a big way if your not careful. Especially if you get cocky.

anyway, go the ZE's....

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2004 06:50]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Midnight
yeah she looks sharp in green. It was resprayed in Japan. Its like British racing green in metallic. If you know what I mean.
I love it.

cheers
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh... it sort of looks like a silvia without the rear spoiler *very evil grin*
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please take that back
silvias make me sick

rock on!!!
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt mind seeing more pics of it before i remove that statement.
that rear angle shot actually looks really good.

the front one sorta gives it a slight silvia appearance (and/or older soarer)
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you mean silvia or '84 exa??

I see absolutely no resemblence to a silvia.

Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Sat, 07 February 2004 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i mean the silvia Razz
just the general body shape Razz

heh then again i might just have said it to annoy you Razz
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: My AW11's Wed, 11 February 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lovely cars OLD-MR2. Very Happy
I too am a member of the 2x aw11 mr2 owners club as i have 2x jap spec aw11 superchargers.
1 is pearl blue 86 model and the other is a white on silver 88 model which is immaculate with 56000kms. Shocked

I have to sell my pearl blue aw11 supercharged soon unfortunately as i cannot afford to keep both and it will be very hard to part with this gem of a car as i am sure you will understand. Crying or Very Sad

Where did you get you blueslip done as people here in Coffs Harbour are useless and my white on silver still needs blueslipping and Newcastle is not too far away really.
Please PM me with info if you do not mind too much. Smile

Regards superaw11.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My AW11's Thu, 12 February 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i also recently sold my Turbo Sprinter, ie 4 months back and have owned an import SC aw11 mr2 for about 2-3 months. Its a big step down from 150rw/kw's and a lighter car, but it certainly handles alot differently!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Thu, 12 February 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
super
I wish I had two SC's but they cost a few bob to run. I have seen your mr's they are sweet

spanktown
Turbo sprinter sounds cool.Can you name some traffic light victims?

Can you show me some pics of your mr2s?

cheers
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My AW11's Sun, 15 February 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have a look in my avatar for my mr2. Traffic light victims, well a good one was a vl turbo, many audi tt's, boxters, one gtr the list goes on. Its pretty funny tho because rice boys in their lancers/civics would always get along side me and rev the shit out of their cars. little did they know! caused alot of shock.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Sat, 21 February 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what youre talking about spanktown. I was forced to hose off a stickered up, milo tinned, holden astra the other day.Sitting there revving it.lol. I just launched three car lengths on him and sat at 60 km/h. He turned off at the next right. hahahaha. Laughing

I lined up a 92 soarer TT the other night. Lights went green launched two lengths on him. He creeped up half a length, then I nailed 2nd and slowly pulled away. He was angry at my win. I copped the "look" as I let him drive by afterwards.

so much fun.....

And I arent nevo equipped yet, very soon, BWAHAHAHA Evil or Very Mad
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Thu, 08 April 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I am now Nevo equipped and she pulls hard. Sounds Tuff too. My Mechanic said he would like to advance the timing a little more for more HP.

I am having great fun. Especially in the wet Evil or Very Mad

I do however think that I am not getting all the boost...
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Fri, 09 April 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awww and you didnt get me one? Crying or Very Sad
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My AW11's Tue, 13 April 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just plonked on a full 2.5inch system extractors and all + cold air intake + battery relocation. Nice it sounds! now i have some sound to go with the GO!
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Tue, 13 April 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sound meaning really loud or just a decent note? Smile
mine gets fairly loud under high revs but it doesnt have a nice deep note... sounds sorta like a motorbike on roids or something
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My AW11's Wed, 14 April 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really nice deep note, dunno why people cant get a good note on their 4A's, trick is a GOOD muffler, none of this cannonball rice shit.
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: My AW11's Wed, 14 April 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think it would be THAT difficult to get a decent note from a front mounted 4A, but having an exhaust which is so short causes some problems Razz
im more worried about the exhaust being too loud.
its pretty loud as it is
one day Razz
i just need to steal $10k or so Very Happy
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: My AW11's Wed, 14 April 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice, very nice, I love them both, although that 2 tone really really looks sweet! But I'm sure the GZE pulls awesome. Yes cannon's suck Sad got dual 3.5" cannons on the SW20 I bought a few weeks ago, they hurt my ears and dont do bugger all for the car. Looking at getting them toned down...alot....we'll just have to see.
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My AW11's Wed, 21 April 2004 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice. The dual tone rocks! There seems to be alot of weight variation with the AW11 model run, so ya know the kerb weight of the beasts?

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My AW11's Sun, 25 April 2004 20:32 Go to previous message
no I dont know the weights of the cars. Do a quick search bro. plenty of info out there

SC is 1120kg i think
NA is 1050 i think
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:dcving makeover
Next Topic:thundertiger's ae86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 21:45:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097799301147461 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.