Toymods » Members Rides » my JZT130 Corona *dyno results in*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
my JZT130 Corona *dyno results in* Sat, 24 January 2004 09:34 Go to next message
http://upload.pbase.com/bassaholic55/corona&ed

Specs

ENGINE
1jz-gte with A340e auto
HKS TA45S 650hp turbo
Trust manifold
Trust 50mm wastegate
4" dump pipe
K&N airfilter
3" mandrel bent exhaust with inconspicuous muffler
K&N airfilter
500X300X76mm intercooler
3" intercooler piping
Fully sic GFB Mach 1 BOV
Front mounted gearbox oil cooler
Wolf 3d V4. ECU
Chaser radiator

INTERIOR
JZX90 Chaser dash
SAAS racing seats
Trisco boost guage
Trisco gearbox temp guage
Trisco water temp guage
Fire extinguisher
Aluminium panel blocking hole to boot
Battery mounted in boot
Fully stripped

EXTERIOR
All guards have been rolled
Canary yellow paint
Bonnet pins
Assorted inconspicuous stickers
Personalised number plates
Bonnet scoop

DRIVELINE
Custom tailshaft with tail shaft loop
Mistubishi Pajero LSD 4.6:1
New bushes for all diff mountings

SUSPENSION
Front: Monroe GT gas shocks
Rear: Koni red adjustable shocks
Low King springs all round

BRAKES
front: HQ holden 290mm ventilated discs with large single piston calipers. (direct bolt on to XT130 struts)
rear: Mitsubishi Pajero brakes

That is all I can think of now Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 08:31]

Send a private message to this user    
Levin4Kevin
Regular

May 2003
Re: my JZX130 Corona Sat, 24 January 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh My God! This is gonna piss a lot of people of when you blow them away at the lights. How does she go? Did you know of this conversion being done before or are you the pioneer. All the best with it, Kevin
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZX130 Corona Sat, 24 January 2004 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is still running on 5 cylinders at the moment so no real way of knowing how quick it is Sad

As far as i know it is a first in australia but there could always be somebody with NO INTERNET who did a conversion like this Shocked

And i bought the car after it was started so I won't go calling myself a pioneer Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: my JZX130 Corona Sun, 25 January 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy sweet mother of fuck... thats coooooool Very Happy Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Tue, 02 November 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update since a long time ago.

Mechanic blew up engine and turbo somehow. Have swapped a new 1jz into it and have purchased a HKS Ta45s turbo kit. pics at http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999& ;gid=5451076&uid=2681245&members=1

The kit is made for a jza70 supra so it is a very tight fit.

Also to go with the turbo kit, I have installed US 550cc 2jz injectors and I am waiting on my larger FMIC and I also have a *wank wank* atmo BOV because it is a shit load cheaper. Then have to get the Wold 3d v4. ECU installed and tuned.

Was hoping for 6-8 weeks completion but I don't really care now because it is too bloody hot to drive in Summer anyway.

anyway, just in case anyone cares Razz
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: my JZT130 Corona Wed, 03 November 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is awesome man! I remeber, before I was even driving, maybe 96, There was one of these in Sydney, but Coupe, Im pretty sure it had the 1GGTE, or maybe 7MGTE. Sweet ride man.

Can I ask, how the 1J was running on 5 cylinders?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: my JZT130 Corona Wed, 03 November 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

I Love it chris

its fullybannanacoloredsick!! Laughing

Must go like a rainstorm of faeces as well Nod

What made you go for an auto instead of the manual?

do you have plans to convert?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 04 November 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koffee: it turned out to be a clogged injector from the engine sitting around for ages. It needed 12v jumpstart and then it purred into life Smile

mr1ggte: Once it is actually going, yes I assume it will be pretty scary Evil or Very Mad

I bought the car with the auto already in it and to tell you the truth I really don't mind it. Of course it would be nice to have an R154 in there. But as it stands, it is all in there and working fine so I will be getting a race package for the auto. And as the car is mainly for drag racing, I thought sticking with the auto would be the go Smile

thanks Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 04 November 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koffee: forgot to ask. Is your car finished yet? In that thread with the engine bay pics it looked pretty close to done.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 04 November 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serious question here, but have you considered getting a two way, some decent coilovers and drifting it?

God knows you might have an awesome little drift weapon there Very Happy
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 04 November 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its an awesome car now..
WOT A BEAST..
Congrats on some gr8 work
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 04 November 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked god damn...that is absolutely awesome Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 04 November 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys Embarassed All my hard work has gone somewhere Smile

MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 15:52

serious question here, but have you considered getting a two way, some decent coilovers and drifting it?

God knows you might have an awesome little drift weapon there Very Happy

Absolutely positively NO! It turns like a piece of shit! It already has some suspension mods but seriously I just think Coronas are not made for turning.

Getting a bit pissed off now with the braking system. I need to get a master cylinder that has the outlets on the bottom or the right because it is really close to the turbo. And no brake companies or wreckers know what I can use.

Got my oil lines done now. So have to get brakes sorted, then I can get exhaust finished off and then nearly finished again Razz
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: my JZT130 Corona Sat, 06 November 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nnnnice car !

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: my JZT130 Corona Mon, 08 November 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris, yeah, as chated before, it looks finished, all the mechanicals is done, now its the wiring!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Tue, 16 November 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update 16/11/04

Just got my modded Cressida master and booster back because my other one could not be used because the brake lines could not fit into it while the turbo was there. The new booster fits the mounting holes but the main centre hole is lower so have to make hole bigger to accomodate and then redrill hole for brake pedal.

Also, found out that the exhernal wastegate fouls on the steering rack when I turn the wheel so I am going to have to get the manifold modded. I am going to get it mounted 3" upwards and hopefully that will clear it. It is going to be close.

Getting oil return flange modded to block off second one and get a 16mm fitting because the standard 22mm shit is rear as rocking horse shit and doesn't bend very well either.

Gapped my new plugs and put them in and fully installed the stuff like it is not going to get taken out again and also wanted to see how it looks all put together. (minus turbo though Razz)

I am mounting my air filter right on the front of the turbo and the car will have a bonnet scoop feeding air straight into it. One reason for doing this is that there is no way that I can fit a 4" inlet and 3" intercooler piping in the front right of the car. This will be giving away the sleeper look somewhat Smile

Still waiting on my intercooler, BOV and silicone connectors that I ordered 5 weeks ago now. Once they arrive, I will fit intercooler and get started on the details of the piping. I was originally going to go 2.5" piping but it makes sense to use 3" as the turbo outlet, intercooler outlets are 3" and the throttle body is 2.8" so it would easier than using reducers all over the place.

Once that is done, get towed to exhaust shop to get dump pipe modded and connected to existing 3" pipe. Then off to the mechanics to get Wolf 3d installed and tuned.

Simple hey Razz

some random pics Smile

turbo setup
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL835/2844660/5726921/73465116.jpg

polished heat shield (did it myself Smile) *pic looks shit btw*
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL835/2844660/5726921/73465121.jpg

turbo and wastegate
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL835/2844660/5726921/73465128.jpg

engine bay
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL835/2844660/5726921/73465136.jpg

thanks for reading my novel Smile
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Wed, 17 November 2004 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy poo! thats one big arse turbo, much respect for putting such a wild converion in such an old, ugly and unassuming car
very impressed, much respect . Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Wed, 17 November 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JAZE wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 06:20

holy poo! thats one big arse turbo, much respect for putting such a wild converion in such an old, ugly and unassuming car
very impressed, much respect . Smile

thanks mate Smile And I think you summed up my car well Smile Although it does look better than any other xt130's I have seen Razz
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 18 November 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Early Christmas!!! Cool

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL835/2844660/5726921/73667346.jpg

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL835/2844660/5726921/73667340.jpg

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL835/2844660/5726921/73667326.jpg

this stuff arrived in the mail today Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 18 November 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is a test fit photo

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL835/2844660/5726921/73673370.jpg
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Fri, 19 November 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 00:38

here is a test fit photo

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL835/2844660/5726921/73673370.jpg

*spooge*
i think you should donate it to a very willing soarer
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Fri, 19 November 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i think you should donate it to a very willing soarer

keep on dreaming! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Razz
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
icon10.gif  Re: my JZT130 Corona Mon, 22 November 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome, I love it!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Sat, 29 January 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999& ;gid=6336602&uid=3116758&members=1

latest pics.

have cut the plastic section of bumper infront of the intercooler and have to do the metal bit tomorrow. Also connected my wastegate controller which arrived. Have to make a bracket for the brake master cylinder and also a heat shield to protect it.

One of those ducts is to cool the master cylinder as it is close to the turbo and the other is for CAI as well as the bonnet scoop.

Then off to the mechanic to get ECU installed and tuned and dump pipe connected to the current 3" exhaust.

all comments welcome

as long as they are nice Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Sat, 29 January 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your a big hit on the nissan silvia forums chris Smile
theres a post just about you :-0
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Sun, 30 January 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF?

aaah, that must be my mate who used to have a silvia. is this at www.nissansilvia.com? I may go have a look Razz
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Sun, 30 January 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bloody hell just had to write a lecture of a post out to explain that I am not a big headed bastard who thinks that his car is the greatest in the world! Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Sun, 30 January 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they love you man
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Sun, 30 January 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 13:53

they love you man

Wow! A fan club, just what I have always wanted Rolling Eyes

Razz
Wezelton
Regular

July 2004
Re: my JZT130 Corona Tue, 08 February 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man i live next door! and i never truely knew how brutal your car is, i'll come have a look one day.. Im in the process of buying an MZ20 and doing a 1JZ conversion.. We could play toy cars some time hahaha hope to talk soon, peace
wes.

P.S Your car is fucking hot! Cool
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Tue, 08 February 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this car is bloody nice one tuff weapon!!!!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Tue, 08 February 2005 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wezelton wrote on Wed, 09 February 2005 00:13

Man i live next door! and i never truely knew how brutal your car is, i'll come have a look one day.. Im in the process of buying an MZ20 and doing a 1JZ conversion.. We could play toy cars some time hahaha hope to talk soon, peace
wes.

P.S Your car is fucking hot! Cool

Hey man. You have the green celica right. Mate, just come around and have a look anytime if you want.

catchya
Chris
NNNUTZ
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 17 February 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img62.exs.cx/img62/1318/coronaramped0zf.jpg

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

wanna run??
hahaha
I GOT ONE TOOOOOO!!!
lol my mate sent me the link.. i was going to do the 1JZ conversion, but thought it was going to be too tight, 780mm block by memory... so instead im opting for the 1UZ-fe..

and yes i do have a deathwish, as im sure u do lol.. bit of a spin out seeing the size of the turbo then hoppin in mine thinkin 'damn' lol

im just having trouble finding an engineer for it... because they only run a 1.9L 4cyl, and the 1UZ is of coarse a 4L V8..

i spose the 970kgs doesnt help...
but yeah lookin forward to it... later plan on bolting on twin turbo's aswell, or i heard the vortex superchargers go alright... many options..

stay kewl
msn : uncle_dazza@hotmail.com

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 12:07]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Tue, 22 February 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
next update:

Well I spoke to the mechanic today. I had asked him before about if the turbo was going to be too close to the brake master cylinder. I was going to use a heat shield from the firewall to the front of the turbo with the pipe in the pic as ducting to keep it cool. Unfortunately, he thinks that this will not suffice. So I have to get the flange modified so that the turbo sits on a straighter angle and closer to the engine. Then I will need the intercooler pipe modified to fit the new turbo position. So basically more time and more money.

Then he rings up and says that they have been cranking the car over and it won't start and seems to be blaming the coil packs or igniter. However, I have started this engine before with these components with no hassle whatsoever so I think he will have to work out the wiring as it looks like he hasn't got it right there.

So my optimistic guess of driving my car this weekend looks well and truly out of reach.

Also, with the modding of the flange, I have to make sure that the turbo will still fit under the bonnet. The scoop is placed closer to the front of the turbo so...?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Tue, 22 February 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slap him
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: my JZT130 Corona Tue, 22 February 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know it's more money but have you considered getting the exhaust housing and dump ceramic coated + maybe a shield, Im sure that would suffice and not require you to move the turbo.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Tue, 22 February 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was already going to get the dump pipe HPC coated then wrapped with exhaust wrap and have the heat shield that is around the turbo follow the dump pipe down to remove most of the hot air out the bottome.

Then I could have the other heat shield from firewall across and between turbo and master cylinder with some of the stuff they use for bonnet heat insulation on the other side of the metal. What do you think about that?

also, turbo heat bags? good or bad?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: my JZT130 Corona Tue, 22 February 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heat bags - do excellent job but certainly not cheap, my mate runs them on his 32 GTST works a treat
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Wed, 23 February 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love the interior styling. Did you take cues from PMP80Y?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Wed, 23 February 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the simple designs Smile

Well, I have just got more bad news. The mechanic is 100% certain that the turbo is too close and will boil the brake fluid. On top of that he has the car on the hoist now and has a a4 list of what else is wrong with the car. Things like brake lines, fuel lines, uni's not big enough etc. Anyway, basically I am pretty fucking pissed off right not. Last week i thought I may be able to drive my car for the first time in 9 months some time soon but now it just looks like this is going to turn into an even bigger money pit Sad

I have even contemplated selling as parts although I would be lucky to get half what I have paid out so far back.

I am feeling very dejected over the whole thing right now. BTW the parts that the mechanic found were wrong were all done by the last dodgy motherfucker that blew up my engine.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: my JZT130 Corona Wed, 23 February 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awwww man that sucks to hear that, after all that waiting having to deal with this shit Sad

I know youre thinking of selling it man, but dont do it, think about it, you love the car, spend the cash and do it right, and then drop a 4th gear burnout in the driveway of the dodgey mechanic Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Wed, 23 February 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 13:39

i like the simple designs Smile

Well, I have just got more bad news. The mechanic is 100% certain that the turbo is too close and will boil the brake fluid. On top of that he has the car on the hoist now and has a a4 list of what else is wrong with the car. Things like brake lines, fuel lines, uni's not big enough etc. Anyway, basically I am pretty fucking pissed off right not. Last week i thought I may be able to drive my car for the first time in 9 months some time soon but now it just looks like this is going to turn into an even bigger money pit Sad

I have even contemplated selling as parts although I would be lucky to get half what I have paid out so far back.

I am feeling very dejected over the whole thing right now. BTW the parts that the mechanic found were wrong were all done by the last dodgy motherfucker that blew up my engine.

if you have receipts for all the last stuff and you can prove they are wrong.. u could probably get your money back
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: my JZT130 Corona Wed, 23 February 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Don't sell it Chris! I've watched your progress with keen interest as one day I'll be embarking on the same project as yourself (1JZ in XT 130 Corona). It'd be a shame to give up now after all the hard work and hard earned cash that's gone into it!

Fingers

PS. If you do sell, I'll buy off you! Laughing Rolling Eyes
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 24 February 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I am not selling it. It was a spur of the moment thing when I was really pissed off.

Although, I do have a list of about 30 things to fix before I can drive it. WOOHOO Rolling Eyes
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 24 February 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 20:14

Ok I am not selling it. It was a spur of the moment thing when I was really pissed off.

Although, I do have a list of about 30 things to fix before I can drive it. WOOHOO Rolling Eyes

i swear, get me over.. well duct tape everything and shell be sweet
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Fri, 25 February 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 20:21

Duct tape and zip ties. Tools of champions Razz

Well, I went down and had a look at what has been happening today. They have fixed a couple of little things which was good and the new position for the turbo looks heaps better. Now I have to pull the cam covers off and the vent tube will be modded to a 150deg section as it is way too close to the turbo.

Also, they started it up for me and it sounds great! There was a fully worked NA VS commo there with twin exhausts that was running just before and I reckon it was at least twice as loud as my car. My car didn't have ANY exhaust at all. Not even the dump pipe! Anyway, I have booked into exhaust shop to get my exhausts connected and the screamer pipe made on Tuesday.

After that the car will be coming home again and I have some serious work to do.

I am feeling a little better now Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Fri, 25 February 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 15:03

Jag7799 wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 20:21

Duct tape and zip ties. Tools of champions Razz

Gods son, Gods
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: my JZT130 Corona Fri, 25 February 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Things always seem alot worse to begin with, just work through the list youll be fine.

BTW is this workshop engineering it or something? Whats the deal with this list anyway?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 03 March 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

update:

turbo has been moved much closer to engine now. I have to pull the cam covers off and get the outlet made into a 180deg bend as it is too close to the turbo. The current 4" dump pipe doesn't fit now so it will need to be modded.

I have pulled the radiator out and given it a flush but I think it will need a professional job. I have also got a new cap for it as it didn't seem to be holding pressure.

The car is back at home on 4 jack stands I have taken the rear wheels off and removed the rear shocks. (harder than it sounds) We had to move the diff up and down to get to the point where the shock wouldn't foul on the caliper. So they are now out and on the weekend, we intend to get the current brackets off and move them slightly away from the caliper and reweld them.

After that it is time to take the fuel lines out. The dickhead could have run them from the rear to the left and then straight up the car but he decided to go over the diff and then up the right hand side and then cross right near the front uni??? And they are made of copper so I have to get some proper ones.

I can see this weekend as being many trips to super cheap
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 03 March 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip: the mechanic that did this list was just going to install the Wolf 3d and connect exhaust and then I thought I was ready to go back on the road again.

Upon inspection, he has found some very dodgy shit which really shouldn't have been passed in the first place. So now I am going to work through this list and do which ones I really think are necessary. Hopefully on the road in 2 months I reckon.

Don't hold your breath though Razz
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: my JZT130 Corona Fri, 04 March 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy shit? Thats an understatement copper fuel lines damn. Why do people do such dodgyness?

I know your busting to get it going but do everything properly now and you will be much happier in the end. When I first wired my car up I didnt put much thought into it as i was rushing and it ended up quite messy (but not dodgy). So everytime i looked in the engine bay it bugged me until i cut alot of it out and re did it neat.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Fri, 04 March 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 12:46

Dodgy shit? Thats an understatement copper fuel lines damn. Why do people do such dodgyness?

I know your busting to get it going but do everything properly now and you will be much happier in the end. When I first wired my car up I didnt put much thought into it as i was rushing and it ended up quite messy (but not dodgy). So everytime i looked in the engine bay it bugged me until i cut alot of it out and re did it neat.

maximum income, minimum outlay, minimum effort
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Fri, 04 March 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 14:53

Skip wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 12:46

maximum income, minimum outlay, minimum effort

and he is just a dodgy person. At the time I trusted him and thought he would do it properly. I am no mechanic and this car has been a HUGE learning curve for me so I am still learning as I am going. Unfortunately, I can't pick this stuff up like an actual mechanic can.

I won't be rushing it. I will be doing stuff and slowly crossing things off the list. I just hope it is ready witin 2 months.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: my JZT130 Corona Sat, 05 March 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're lucky u arent selling it, u know why, i have a large wang and i could have over powered u Cool eh, eh,

if the stuff has been replaced, just go back and make him fix it, if not, threaten ACCC on him

btw, who's this ugly bastard

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL614/3116758/6336602/81728155.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 05 March 2005 21:47]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Sat, 05 March 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know if I would have a case as the receipt I have is so ambiguous. It just says intercooler pipes, exhaust etc.

BTW that is my brother Razz
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona Thu, 31 March 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is the sound. I had to play it in real player. Remember has no exhaust yet. No revving as car is dead cold and ecu is not tuned. safety first Smile

http://rapidshare.de/files/1075827/my_rona.mp3.htm l

You have to go to the bottom and click free. Then wait 10 secs or something and click download.

It is some weird file that I can only play in real player. I tried to add as attachment but doesn't support it. I am now trying to get a sound file converter. Hope it works Smile

*Don't worry about that other crap, it is an Mp3 now.*

[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2005 13:59]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona *specs updated & sound added 31/3/05* Wed, 13 April 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update

On the weekend I got my new Davey Plumbing sponsorship stickers on. They are fairly plain. Purple in colour, same as my engine colour. They go across the bottom of both doors on both sides of the car. Looks pretty good IMO. I have pics but my sister lost the camera charger so I can't get them off! Soon.

I finally received my new rear brake lines. So I have fitted them and the brackets but the middle section that connects to the line that comes from the front of the car is too long, so it is going back to get shortened. After that I can fill it up with brake fluid and bleed them and have brakes again

We gave some attention to the idler arm. That is what it said on the list of things to do. Fitted the new bushes and greased it up good. Tightened everything, fitted the split pin but didn't seem that much better. So then we tightened the steering box and also where the boss kit connects. It now feels heaps better. Had a lot of play in it before but it is really tight now.

I have been getting the wiring sorted for my gearbox temp guage and my oil pressure guage. They are both electric. Will have to drain the gearbox oil (Toyota Type 4) and take the sump off the gearbox and get a hole tapped in it for the sensor then it is just a matter of wiring it to the guage.

I was planning on fitting the sender for the oil pressure guage in the stock location and removing the idiot light. However, this will actually be quite difficult as the sender is pretty large and there is my alternator right in front of it. So I had an idea (which I really should have thought of before), to use the other oil inlet that used to go the second turbo. It was just blocked up as that is what most people do. That is not that easy either as I am going to need a couple of weird 90deg connections to get it the oil inlet in the other side. I will also need an extender and a 90 deg fitting for the guage sender.

I am fitting the oil pressure guage as the oil light is coming on at present so I am a bit scared. I thought it was the turbo oil return line as it went horizontal at one point so I fixed that but it didn't change Hopefully it isn't anything bad.

I also hooked up my laptop to the wolf 3d for the first time. Pretty easy to use. Loaded the file and checked out what was in there. Then I started it up for a little bit just to see how it operated. It is pretty cool, shows revs, boost, water temp, air temp, voltage, Throttle position, injector duty cycle etc. as well as the fuel map and what point you are at. I like it

Also got the front seal out of my diff that was leaking. That sounds easy but it was in there bloody tight! Had to get my dad's unbendable screwdriver to get it out. Took the 2 of us! Then went to put in the new one and the dickhead at Aussie Auto has given me the wrong one So once I get a new one I can fit all that and the tailshaft and then get the tailshaft loop installed

So yeah, I am a busy boy. And with full time work, uni and girlfreind, there is not enough hours in the day!

Sorry for the essay, got carried away
ke30twodoor
Regular

February 2005
Re: my JZT130 Corona *specs updated & sound added 31/3/05* Wed, 13 April 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work dude she looks great well done!!!
Shocked

cheers
kristy Cool Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my JZT130 Corona *specs updated & sound added 31/3/05* Wed, 13 April 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Kristy. And hopefully in the not too distant future I will be able to drive it as well Razz
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: my JZT130 Corona *specs updated & sound added 31/3/05* Wed, 13 April 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Don't worry Chris, the first time you time you're driving and are able to mash the loud pedal to the floor will make it all worthwhile! Very Happy Shocked

It'll be something you'll never forget! Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 22:23]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi (update: Lucid enters a Motorkhana)
Next Topic:johns AE82 twin cam
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:35:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011069059371948 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.