November 2003
* UZX73 * It Lives again Wed, 28 January 2004 01:22 Go to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 01:18]

Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: UZ Update Wed, 28 January 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good.

So how long until you drop it in the MX73?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: UZ Update Wed, 28 January 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depending on a few things, next few weeks.
Or if I get really keen, this weekend
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: UZ Update Wed, 28 January 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My guess is in the next few weeks Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: UZ Update Wed, 28 January 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even then it would still be a helluva lot quicker than yours, which ever of you 2 typed that

EDIT: And by quicker I mean conversion time wise.
The strip shall determine whose quickest

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2004 08:05]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: UZ Update Wed, 28 January 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My engine conversion hasn't started Mr Sassy Pants...
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: UZ Update Wed, 28 January 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

you getting some extractors for it or what?

i'll be up for the track when you slow coaches are finished Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: UZ Update Wed, 28 January 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Wed, 28 January 2004 16:25

you getting some extractors for it or what?

You obviously don't know how tight a fit the motor is/will be.
And besides that, I don't have the moolah for someone to custom make them

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2004 08:33]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: UZ Update Wed, 28 January 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about as tight as a nuns errr Laughing

u know it will sound mean when you let it breath Evil or Very Mad

i can judt fit a finger in with the clearance of the extractors to the steering box Shocked
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: UZ Update Wed, 28 January 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Wed, 28 January 2004 16:25

i'll be up for the track when you slow coaches are finished Very Happy

If I get the damn thing finally sprayed it should bolt in...but that is taking forever Razz
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: UZ Update Thu, 29 January 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Wed, 28 January 2004 19:42

about as tight as a nuns errr Laughing

If my MX83 is anything to go by...tighter!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: UZ Update Thu, 29 January 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He doesn't have big mofo double wishbones intruding on the engine bay...but regardless, it's going to be a tight squeeze.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: UZ Update Thu, 29 January 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More updates
Clutch + Flywheel pics are now up

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/uz2/

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 03:52]

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: UZ Update Thu, 29 January 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 20:37

He doesn't have big mofo double wishbones intruding on the engine bay...but regardless, it's going to be a tight squeeze.

????

To what are you referring? (The MA70 Supra, perhaps?)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Thu, 29 January 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I was under the assumption the MX83 shared a similar suspension setup to the Supra/Soarer...the later model Chasers do don't they?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Fri, 30 January 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey look a clutch......wow Rolling Eyes

Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Fri, 30 January 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks the same as it did the other day right?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Fri, 30 January 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 30 January 2004 08:41

Looks the same as it did the other day right?

In theory, yes
But those photos werent for your benefit
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Fri, 30 January 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 30 January 2004 10:34

Sorry, I was under the assumption the MX83 shared a similar suspension setup to the Supra/Soarer...the later model Chasers do don't they?

Couldnt say... The MX83 definitely has a Macpherson strut front end, however. Going on mine (those who have seen it or Darrenś would concur), it´s a relatively tight fit. I imagine that the ´73 has a smaller engine bay, so would be an even tighter squeeze???
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Fri, 30 January 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno, the MX73 has a rather large engine bay...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Mon, 02 February 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6mge is coming out TONITE

Evolution is taking another step

I am one step closer to blowing something up, probably a diff or a gbox
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Wed, 04 February 2004 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 30 January 2004 10:20

I dunno, the MX73 has a rather large engine bay...

Yes, it is rather large

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/cleanish_bay. jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 03:56]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Wed, 04 February 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting...looks like you have a bit more room between the rad support and the strut, but a little less behind.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Thu, 05 February 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OOOOh-Eeee! That's looking purdy! And it will be one nice sleeper blasting everyone off the lights! I love those cam covers - I think the UZ is one of Toyota's nicest looking motors. Cool
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Thu, 05 February 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRIAL FIT #1 is semi completed

See pics here

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/eng_conv/

Its gotta come out again so I can thump the firewall flat, and remove the clutch master cylinder temporarlily

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 03:57]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Thu, 05 February 2004 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow...
looks goooooooooooood Very Happy
who did ur xmember for ya? or did you do it ur self?

did that motor come from the crown?

are you using a W57/8 box?

cant wait to see it coming along!!! Very Happy Very Happy

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * TEST FIT #1 complete * Thu, 05 February 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You've taken some liberties with the expression "cleanish engine bay" Razz

Oh, and "thump the firewall flat"? Confused
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * TEST FIT #1 complete * Fri, 06 February 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 06 February 2004 07:01

You've taken some liberties with the expression "cleanish engine bay" Razz

Hey, you shoulda seen it before, that xmember was black

justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 06 February 2004 07:01

Oh, and "thump the firewall flat"? Confused

Indeed, if you look at "shes_in_3" there is a sizeable chunk of firewall sticking out that has to be hammered flatter.

The motor will sit about 4-5" back from where you currently see it, and about 4" lower, but thats as far as its going for the mo

alwaysRA23 wrote

who did ur xmember for ya? or did you do it ur self?

Its stock, untouched

alwaysRA23 wrote

did that motor come from the crown?

Yes

alwaysRA23 wrote

are you using a W57/8 box?

W57

alwaysRA23 wrote

cant wait to see it coming along!!!

Nor can I!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * TEST FIT 1, 2 & 3 complete * Fri, 06 February 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Test fit 2 was a bit of a shambles

After I remodeled the firewall (pics to come), we put her back in, only to eventually realise that the passenger exhaust manifold was hitting the firewall/tranny tunnel, and the remote oil filter pipes were sitting on the xmember.

So out she came, manifold was removed, oil filter + pipes were removed, and in she went again.
This time she was muuuuch closer. We got here to within 15mm of the gbox, so I'm thinking I'll just move the gbox forward 15mm

Anyone got a REAR MOST shifter position?

The sump seems to be hitting on the xmember too, but we'll deal with that upon test fit 4.

The exhaust manifolds (I think both will) will have to be modified while off the car, and put back on before final fitment.

More updates tomoz
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: * UZ Update * TEST FIT 1, 2 & 3 complete * Fri, 06 February 2004 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep thats the way keep us posted and updated on the progress Very Happy
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: * UZ Update * TEST FIT 1, 2 & 3 complete * Sat, 07 February 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geez...Looking at the pics of the test fitment brought back some memories....

If your remote filter lines are fouling, how do you intend getting around that? (In our case, there was no remote filter setup in place, as the engine came from a Soarer, but a remote mount kit - complete with flexible lines and uber-expensive alloy fittings - was used. Problem solved.

If youŕe intending to do any track work with it, consider getting some decent brakes for it...(voice of experience here - the stock brakes are more than adequate for engineering/street work, but get found out qucikly with a decently powerful engine in there after a few hard stops...the 1JZ people will concur here also... Very Happy )

All in all, itś starting to take shape. Best of luck with it; it will be worth it when you finally get to drive it! Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * TEST FIT 1, 2 & 3 complete * Sat, 07 February 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure about the oil lines yet
We have raised the motor a bit to clear the xmember (save modifying something) so the lines may fit now.

And nah, I don't plan to do any track work, only the occasional Drags, but no circuit. Its a cruiser, always have been, always will be, just a quick cruiser, and manual Razz

Hoping to have the mounts done by end of tomoz (sunday nite), and the wiring mon/tues, so I can fire her up. VWOOM hahaha w00t.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Mon, 16 February 2004 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We had a productive weekend.
Mounts were completed and welded up (sorry no pics)

Clutch/Flywheel was put on and engine was installed for the last time.

Then started work with the radiator, hoses, power steer, vacuum lines, fuel filter

All which was sorted without too much fuss.

Only things left now is the remote oil filter, and wiring, and thats 75% sorted, just gotta solder it all up.
Then its just the usual oils, fluids, battery, driveshaft, and off to the zorst shop before tuning.

Hoping to have in exhuast shop on Friday so that I can have her for the weekend. w00t

Pics
http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/eng_conv_2/

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 03:58]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Mon, 16 February 2004 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks impressive! That will sound so good.

On another note, just looking at the airconditioner, it seems that GZ20 Soarers and Cressida's look similar. I was wondering if there is an air filter in our systems? If so where is it and how do I get it out?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Mon, 16 February 2004 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Fri, 30 January 2004 13:19

The MX83 definitely has a Macpherson strut front end, however. Going on mine (those who have seen it or Darren would concur), its a relatively tight fit. I imagine that the 73 has a smaller engine bay, so would be an even tighter squeeze???

Pffft. 'Relative' for sure. Relative to a MA70 engine bay yours is fat! Smile

And if http://www.oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/eng_conv_2/fully _mounted_1.jpg is smaller than yours then yours is HUGE as theres a lot of room in this one. Might even be able to put the crown headers on it, or fit some extractors without too much work.

Cruz. When I was putting my engine in (the 14th time! Confused ) I noticed:

1. I had to keep the exhaust headers on, there was no way they were going on once it was in the car, and actually the lexus techs (working at toyota) say to change them to REMOVE THE ENGINE.

2. My remote oil setup was built out of the car and then taken off for fitting, then put back on. (different setup to yours, mine was at the front of the engine)

3. Wiring should've been done when the engine was out and everything was easily accessable. I could've made it neater.

Those mounts look pretty solid. Your not using the Soarer rubber pieces in them??

Thats a HUGE firewall mod. You know an engineer would be able to see that.

Did you recon your PS and Alternator before putting it in? I'm still running without PS (nearly 6 months now!)

The motor is a Crown MAJESTA yes? Not a Crown. Mine had different exhaust manifolds, different sump, different oil filter location, different polution gear ontop.
What have you changed/cross bred between engines?
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: * UZ Update - More Pics * Mon, 16 February 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Tue, 17 February 2004 09:38

biased99 wrote on Fri, 30 January 2004 13:19

The MX83 definitely has a Macpherson strut front end, however. Going on mine (those who have seen it or Darren would concur), its a relatively tight fit. I imagine that the 73 has a smaller engine bay, so would be an even tighter squeeze???

Pffft. 'Relative' for sure. Relative to a MA70 engine bay yours is fat! Smile

And if http://www.oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/eng_conv_2/fully _mounted_1.jpg is smaller than yours then yours is HUGE as theres a lot of room in this one. Might even be able to put the crown headers on it, or fit some extractors without too much work.

Having looked at the link, I would say it is smaller than mine. However, once all the ancillary stuff (like A/C lines etc) are installed, there is precious little room to stuff around with. As regards extractors, on the driverś side, the challenge is getting them around the steering input shaft - otherwise that side isn too bad. On the passengerś side, the challenge is getting them to clear the remote filter assembly (or relocating the assembly itself).

Note that my engine bay is a bit more cluttered as I run all the ancillaries such as PS, AC and also the (now superfluous) lines for the hydraulic fan...
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Tue, 17 February 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was more noticing the width of the bay. The width of your bay and of the one in the link is a fair bit wider than a MA70 bay
http://www.vss.com.au/supra/DSC00024.JPG is a good example.

Your right about the headers though, although the ones on Cruz's are already the block hugging, weird curving Soarer ones that I had to swap to to get around the steering shaft, AND to actually get the engine in the bay.

Those stupid hyrdollic lines are what clutters your bay! Smile The PS is on most cars (Cruz/mine), and I've still got the A/C lines in mine too.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Tue, 17 February 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

On another note, just looking at the airconditioner, it seems that GZ20 Soarers and Cressida's look similar. I was wondering if there is an air filter in our systems? If so where is it and how do I get it out?

What aircon? I have removed the radiator, all the lines, the compressor and the condensor. The only aircon related thing left is the switch and the relays.

Yes, the firewall was a huge mod, but I did that before we pulled the gbox forward an inch, so I can prolly beat most of it out again.

Pete, what Soarer rubber bits are you talking about? I'm using the Cressidas original Xmember mounts (rubber ones) and custom brackets from those mounts to the block.

I didnt recon either the alt or ps. My original alt is exactly the same, so if the new ones is stuffed, I'll just bolt my old one on.
The ps unit looks brand new IMO. If you compare the colour and shine of the unit where it bolts to the bolt, there is a huuuuge difference in colour. The ps unit is very shiny indeed, where as every other bit of ali on the motor was semi corroded. I'm hoping for the best.

Yes, the exhuast had to be bolted on to the block while out of the car. I too looked at putting it on afterwards, but that was never going to happen. The steering knuckle actually hits the exhuast heat shield, so I have to cut a bit out of that.
The wierd curvey ones would not fit, not in a pink fit.

Oh, and Pete, all of the engine wiring was done weeks ago while sitting on the engine stand, its just hooking the ecu up to ignition and earth, and hooking the oil and temp guages up that I have left to do.

The motor is a Crown yes, but what model, don't know, don't care.
What have I changed? I changed to front sump, am removing the remote oil filter setup, and thats it. Obviously half the original electronics arent needed anymore (knock sensors, cam angle sensors, one o2 sensor, diagnostics, CSI etc etc) so I removed all that and the associated wiring.
Oh, and I removed all the pollution gear that was attached to the motor. Unneeded, unwanted.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Tue, 17 February 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like you've done everything right Smile Well done!

The rubber mounts go between the engine and chassy mounts. It just looked different to what I remember f%cking around with mine. No biggie, if thats what is standard, then thats great. I also had to get new rubber mounts as the ones that came with the engine (and on every soarer I've ever seen) were broken through.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Tue, 17 February 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The driver side mount is actually under a lot of stress atm.
But I'm gonna wait for it to break before I do anything about it.
I need to take the block mount off and get the angle changed, They dont line up properly.

But thats something I'm gonna deal with if/when it happens
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Tue, 17 February 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida I meant the fan parts that are under the passenger side dash. Is there a pull out air-filter on yours like JZ Soarers have? I'd like to clean the leaves and debris out of mine if I could find it.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Tue, 17 February 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, not that I know of, I'll have a look, but I dont like you chances. Most of the leaves in mine had gone past the fan and got stuck at the aircon unit anyway
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Tue, 17 February 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So we give it a week before the mount breaks? Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Tue, 17 February 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Inside chance of a week
I'm gonna 'baby' it for a while (ha ha ha) but we'll see

Hey, if it breaks, it needed replacing anyway right?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Tue, 17 February 2004 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey if it brakes, only need to take the engine out to replace it, right?

... will you need to take the engine out to replace it? I might be able to do mine with the engine in (but engine on a hoist).
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 95% Complete Wed, 18 February 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 05:53

Hey if it brakes, only need to take the engine out to replace it, right?

... will you need to take the engine out to replace it? I might be able to do mine with the engine in (but engine on a hoist).

I don't think I'll have that much trouble. If I loosen one mount, I should be able to lift the motor up just enough (few inches) to get the other one out.
It will be hell, but possible none-the-less
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Wed, 18 February 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have remote oil filter install

pics at

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/eng_conv_2/

"oil_filter_*.jpg"

Turned her over too for the first time, turned over nice and smooth. Pity she didnt fire Sad

I'm waiting on the wierd things to stop the dizzy's firing at the wrong times for the new ecu, and that should fix it.
Hoping to pick them up tomoz, then go home, install them, and hopefully bam, ignition

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 04:01]

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Wed, 18 February 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey do you know how much your engine weighs?

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Wed, 18 February 2004 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 22:21

hey do you know how much your engine weighs?

Anywhere between 175-200kg with and without all accessories and fluids.

Different ppl have found different weights (go figure that one)

Either way, it is lighter than the 6mge that was in there before.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Wed, 18 February 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 19 February 2004 00:58

We have remote oil filter install

pics at

http://oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/eng_conv_2/

"oil_filter_*.jpg"

Nice looking remote filter mount. Whats it from ?

I need to do something similar for the 7M-GTE, as I finally spied the oil filter as part of removing the auto gearbox. WTF were bloody toyota engineers thinking of ? Mad

Cheers

Michael B
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Wed, 18 February 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice and GOLD! Shocked

Michael, I got mine from autopro, but had to manufactor the engine part myself out of a bit of aluminium plate & a drill/tap. Not as nice quality as the gold beauty here though. I need to put in a spacer now so I can put an oil cooler on. MA70 just doesn't have the airflow and cooling capabilities of other cars.

Edit:name wrong

[Updated on: Wed, 18 February 2004 23:21]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Wed, 18 February 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'll have to do similar, but one thing I have lying around is an oil thermostat sandwich plate from a Sigma Turbo that I'd like to use.

It will be fun, but I'll try and make something as pretty as the gold icon here !!!!
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Wed, 18 February 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael B you should be able to get a plate for the block and another for the filter from Autosport on Magill Rd. They had to order it in for my 1jz but it looks pretty good.

That said, if you had access to a machining workshop, some alloy play and a rubber seal you could make one yourself.....
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Thu, 19 February 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 19 February 2004 07:11

Its the original remote setup up (Visible Here) modified by ENZED

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 04:02]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Thu, 19 February 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 19 February 2004 11:21

bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 19 February 2004 07:11

Its the original remote setup up (Visible Here) modified by ENZED

Cool brother, very neat.

Thanks for the help lumpy, when I get the box back in, I'll have a look at the filter setup

Cheers

Michael B
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Thu, 19 February 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, at the bottom of this pic http://oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/1uz-2.jpg whats the two lines that go to the front of the engine from behind the oil filter?? Looks like oil pump lines to a pulley/pump at the front. I definately don't have that setup.

Also on that pic, see the gap at the back, underneath the filter between the sump and the belhousing. Do you think a smallish pipe from the left bank could come UNDER that and around the front. ie. for single turbo setup.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Thu, 19 February 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete, those 2 lines go from the oil inlet/outlet from the block, to the filter. Its just a standard Crown remote setup.
I'm guessing something fouled in the original engine bay.

I cut that up and had it modified to that gold item you saw before.

And with that bit infront of the bellhousing that you speak of, on my car, the steering rack sits about 3mm below that part of the sump, we got the motor as low as possible.

You'd be better off running a pipe past the bellhousing, under the gbox, and then back forward to a turbo for a single setup.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Thu, 19 February 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, now I understand much better. It threw me because my oil filter was just in front of the mount (not at the front of the engine).

Yeah that gap under the back of the engine I've still got. My steering rack is in front of my rear mount sump. Thats why I thought I could pipe the exhaust it under and up instead of going all the way down the back then round and up.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Thu, 19 February 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out the clearance on mine, no zorst pipe fitting under there

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/eng_conv_2/re ar_ underside.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 04:04]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Thu, 19 February 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
That proves my point! If the steering arm wasn't there then an exhaust pipe could be run across to the other bank! Very Happy
Pages (8): [1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hi wanting to knoe about 7mgte wiring loom mods
Next Topic:WHAT BRAKES FIT A TA22!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:26:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0089290142059326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.