Toymods » Tech & Conversions » * UZX73 * It Lives again

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Thu, 19 February 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Looking good!

That's a mighty nice looking clutch set-up. I can't recognise the tag on the pressure plate - what's the brand?

And if you still need a shifter that sits back another 3" or so - I might be able to help out. I've got a JZA80 W58 on the way - and I'm going to need to swap the shifter for one with the normal 18" Supra style position. So, a swap could be a neat solution.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Thu, 19 February 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The sticker on the pressure plate just says "HiTorque Clutch"
I have no idea of the brand or clamping force. I am still waiting on the information.

Dont worry about the shifter, the JZA80 will put it way to far back, it still comes up in the factory hole, just not in the centre.

I'll just get my shifter bent backwards a bit more. I'll live happily either way (as long as I can get it running)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Fri, 20 February 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, we think she wont fire because the rotors are stuffed.
And as I live all the over here in WA, there are no rotors or dizzy caps at the Toyota warehouse.

So that means I'll have to wait until mid next week for them to come in

NOT HAPPY JAN
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Fri, 20 February 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuesday.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Fri, 20 February 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 16:24

Tuesday.

Rolling Eyes
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Fri, 20 February 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 16:25

Tuesday.

Rolling Eyes

better than wednesday Razz
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Fri, 20 February 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 16:44

Tuesday.

Rolling Eyes

hahahaha

Confused

[Updated on: Fri, 20 February 2004 08:48]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Fri, 20 February 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Fri, 20 February 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Tuesday.

Rolling Eyes

hahahaha

Confused

so is it going yet
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Fri, 20 February 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you on drugs? Did you even read my post?

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=27977&rid=4164&S=196de93af35553f3ed0f621 a8bd98852&pl_view=&start=60#msg_num_2
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Sat, 21 February 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We think we know why she won't run.

The signal from the crank angle sensor isn't strong enough to tell the ignition module to tell the coil to let-her-rip.

So, is there such thing as a crank angle sensor signal booster?
Can I put ferrite magnets on the line or something?

Any ideas?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * 99% Complete Fri, 27 February 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WE HAVE SPARK

and fuel, but no fire Sad

Give it time, fuck nose whats wrong tho.

Maybe the cams are 180deg out
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Sat, 28 February 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Changed the cam timing to the CORRECT positions this morning Rolling Eyes and she's fired right up first flick of the key

GODDAMN its noisy with NO exhaust, just headers/manifold

I soooo wish exhaust shops were open on sundays, but alas, we'll have to wait until midweek for exhaustij.

I'll get a vid of it tomoz if I can be fuckz0red
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Sat, 28 February 2004 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how long ya thinks it gonna take ya till tha cars on the road?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Sat, 28 February 2004 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I want to take her for a 'test drive' tomoz, just around the block.

But I'm hoping to have her in the exhaust shop midweek, and then tuned a day or 2 after, so hopefully by the weekend
Justin Sane
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Sun, 29 February 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give me a call when you do the test drive I want to see the beast go
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Sun, 29 February 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So tuesday?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Sun, 29 February 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 29 February 2004 14:45

So tuesday?

Unfortunately not, I start at a new office on tuesday so I can't just take the morning off to take it to the zorst shop

But I'm hoping to have it taken in on wednesdat morn.

And the test drive will just be around the block, nothing major

I'll give you a call later once she's tuned
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Mon, 01 March 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who are you taking it to, to do the exhaust? Richard from Cockburn Exhaust did the 3.5" system on my landy, definitely recommend him.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Mon, 01 March 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cockburn is just a tad to far since I live 15 mins north of the river.

Its just going to Grapnels in Balcatta.

They are local and they have done work for friends before
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Tue, 02 March 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey! Alan called me on Monday to say you had it running, you had your cams the wrong way round or something? here's Alan, shitting himself, that the crank trigger pickup was gonna be a pain in the arse!!!!

i think he was rubbing it in a bit, i have a feeling he's eager to get mine going.

hey you got any scrap plate lying around your place after those engine mounts? i'll gladly take it off your hands!

PM me on Lextreme if you do Very Happy

BTW, looks really good. i'm having my remote filter outlets modified next week.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Tue, 02 March 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 01 March 2004 21:07

Cockburn is just a tad to far since I live 15 mins north of the river.

Its just going to Grapnels in Balcatta.

They are local and they have done work for friends before

its around the corner from my work, what time you going there?
i'll come past in the rona im getting my carbie tuned today so it should be running sweet
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Tue, 02 March 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Won't be for a few days yet.

She suddenly won't fire, and no fire, means no drivy to zorst shop

I'm thinking its the Camira timing, too far out.
We'll sort it out
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Tue, 02 March 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhhhhh, the joy of modifying cars.
SprinterTRD
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Wed, 03 March 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice conversion.

Here is a link to my V8 conversion.

http://www.twincam.org/forums/index.php?s=41dbf414 89e0ea85f760ac243bd83b62&showtopic=776&st= 0
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Wed, 03 March 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, we figured out why she is not running

Running WAAAAAAAAAAAY to rich, plugs are flooded

So, now to get the tuner over, and reduce the duty cycle on the injectors
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Wed, 03 March 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What program were you starting with?

I think we started with a "Brock" program, and went from there. Once we put in a 4cyl one by mistake, fouled up the plugs straight away (twice the fuel!) then had to take them all out, clean them and put them back in. Not a fun way to spend an afternoon when you were expecting to drive the thing!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Wed, 03 March 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it was still running on the Camira program right?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Wed, 03 March 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine? No. We forgot to change chips Embarassed , so he put the one in the car he brought over - supercharged 924. He was using the high-speed computer for the porsche so he couldn't drive it anywhere when we were tuning Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Wed, 03 March 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah I meant CrUZsida. He hasn't had the tuner over yet, so he's running on the stock Camira one.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Thu, 04 March 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah yeah, then in that case it'll definately run too rich.

I can't remember the reason, but running a 4cyl chip would make the injectors go twice as often as needed - stupid rich.

I think it had something to do with the ignition sparking half as often (once every 4 revolutions instead of 2) because it was running twice the number of cylinders. Can't remember exactly though.
I know that if its CLOSE, then the delco will actually trim it to make it runable. Thats how with both my brothers cars they got them running on the camira computer and could drive it to the tuners (4AG, 3TGTEU). I needed a V8 chip though.

Cruz's tuner should be able to sort it out pretty quickly, if he's worth his salt.
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Thu, 04 March 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Thu, 04 March 2004 11:02

Cruz's tuner should be able to sort it out pretty quickly, if he's worth his salt.

i'm pretty sure he's using Alan Gibbs.
he's worth more than salt! Laughing
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Thu, 04 March 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Thu, 04 March 2004 05:47

What program were you starting with?

I think we started with a "Brock" program, and went from there. Once we put in a 4cyl one by mistake, fouled up the plugs straight away (twice the fuel!) then had to take them all out, clean them and put them back in. Not a fun way to spend an afternoon when you were expecting to drive the thing!

Gee, you couldnt have written that down ANYWHERE could you

It would have saved 5 days of fucking around trying to find out why she wouldnt fire anymore

She was running on sat, then tried on monday, and nothing, no spark, no bang, no nothing.

Figured out tank was empty, so filled it up, and still no spark
Then figured out running UBER rich as you said above

Figured out yesterday that she was running on sat coz the tank was near empty, and there was fuck all fuel being injected.
It also explains why she wouldnt rev very well.

So yes, as Pete said, I need a V8 chip to stop the injectors firing 2ce as often

HOPEFULLY I can get Alan over tomoz to 'tune' it so I can finally drive it to the exhaust shop sat morn and get some nice t00ns
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Thu, 04 March 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not the chip per-se. Its the program. The chips don't differ ... well they do, but you can put a V8 program on a Camira chip.

I forgot we had the problem, and your right I didn't write it down anywhere. Since you were doing it your own way I figured you would've thought of this, or your tuner would've told you. And I don't know if its different if your using Camira ignition modules instead of 2 V8 ones like I'm doing.

I'm kinda suprised you tried to start it yourself without the tuner & laptop there (I didn't have the balls). What if it was way to lean and pinging its head off? Or too rich and pinging its head off for that matter.

Do you want me to list all my other minor problems (under a day's work)? Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Thu, 04 March 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahhaha, nah, I shouldn't need all the other problems
I only have a few others to deal with, but we have possible solutions for them.

My tuner didnt expect it to start, and if it did, it would be running rich, so I was worried about it running lean (I havent driven it anywhere, just out of the garage and into the carport)
But he didnt expect it to be running this rich

But yeah, with the requirement for 8 cyls, we need 4 pulses per rotation of the crank, whereas the Camira only has 2 pulses, so the injectors are firing 2ce as often
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Thu, 04 March 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had mine running on 4cylinders for a little while, we wondered why it was sluggish then found out one of the ignition modules had died (they were only temporary anyway). It still idled at 360revs and you could've done the champagne or 50c coin test.

Increadible motors.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Mon, 08 March 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuner dude tomoz arvo (tues), for the semi tune so I can drive it to exhaust shop.

Booked in there on for thursday.

And hopefully proper tune on Friday.

Then comes the long arduous task of me getting off my ass making it legal so I can put her ove the pits Rolling Eyes
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Mon, 08 March 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your towing the car to the tuner's? Or he's coming to your place (and the car)?

If he's coming to your place, how is he going to flash a new chip?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Tue, 09 March 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He was coming over

No idea how he was doing what he had to do, maybe he has a portable flasher, maybe he was leaving a kalmaker ecu in there over night
Who knows

But he didn't/couldn't turn up, so we'll find out what happens tomoz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING Tue, 09 March 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats not cool...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Wed, 10 March 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YAY, we have idle, albeit loud and lumpy

Dads driving her to the exhuast shop tomoz at about 9ish or so (damn him, getting to drive her before me...grrrr)

Then I plan to pick her up tomoz arvo

YAY

Lets hope she makes it there
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Wed, 10 March 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we're gonna paaaaaarrrrrty
we're gonna parrrrrrrrrrty Very Happy

And the 4 days turns into almost 7 weeks Very Happy

Sounds like you finally have love!

Just make sure you have 'ze uber bolt' or things will surely come undone!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Thu, 11 March 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No love

Battery was flat when dad went to drive it to the zorst shop, and didnt think to jump start it or what have you

So hopefully tomoz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Sat, 13 March 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, figured out the problem.

Still running too rich.

Bought a new battery
Took out all the plugs, cleaned them all up
Flicked the key, and bamm, up she went.
Only ran her for a few secs, will hopefully take for a drive tomoz.

(still no zorst, I'm working on that)
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Mon, 15 March 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
?? update? *prod*
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Mon, 15 March 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a sad sight
http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/trailer.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 04:08]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Mon, 15 March 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh shush. I had to do the same thing last weekend because my slave cylinder for my clutch went Confused . Good thing is I OWN a car trailer and it was in the vacant lot nextdoor Smile

I towed mine to the exhaust place, then towed it to pirtek to get the oil lines done, then towed it to the tuner and left it there telling him he had to get it running for it to move! Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Mon, 15 March 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe, yeah, its off to the zorst shop, hopefully, in about an hour.
And hopefully, being picked up at 5, if not tomoz.

Then I'll get the tuner over here, or worst case, trailer it there.

The trailer is a friends one, so a carton of Hahn Premium Light, and she's mine for a few days
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Mon, 15 March 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Picking her up tomoz now

Will get a video when I can start here up
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Mon, 15 March 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Picking her up tomoz now

Will get a video when I can start her up
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: * UZ Update * SHE'S RUNNING - Seriously, she is Mon, 15 March 2004 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is your license plate "peewees"?

if i pull up to you at the lights with my corona i'm gonna turn off, avoid the shame Razz
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * She's almost done Tue, 16 March 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wont!
i'll be racing...my diff gearing is 4.11 so it'll be interesting to see if my weight penalty is of any disadvantage...
1UZ smackdown!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * She's almost done Tue, 16 March 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejayzed wrote on Tue, 16 March 2004 13:48

i wont!
i'll be racing...my diff gearing is 4.11 so it'll be interesting to see if my weight penalty is of any disadvantage...
1UZ smackdown!

My diff gearing is 4.10, and I'm running manual, so BRING IT ON
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * She's almost done Tue, 16 March 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanna play too!!!

Don't know what my diff ratio is though (Stock MA70 T)

[Updated on: Tue, 16 March 2004 07:14]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * She's almost done Tue, 16 March 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Tue, 16 March 2004 15:13

I wanna play too!!!

Get ya car over hear and your welcome too.
Many Wednesday nights will be spent at the 'Plex over the coming year me thinks
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * She's almost done Tue, 16 March 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 16 March 2004 15:23

HKSPete wrote on Tue, 16 March 2004 15:13

I wanna play too!!!

Get ya car over hear and your welcome too.
Many Wednesday nights will be spent at the 'Plex over the coming year me thinks

me too!!

busts out the shannon knole

"what about me it is'nt fair....."

Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 16 March 2004 07:44]

onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * She's almost done Tue, 16 March 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 16 March 2004 16:53

onejayzed wrote on Tue, 16 March 2004 13:48

i wont!
1UZ smackdown!

My diff gearing is 4.10, and I'm running manual, so BRING IT ON

hehehe...but i have a tiptronic auto. shifts in half a second!

what does the CrUZsida weigh?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * She's almost done Tue, 16 March 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stock is 1360kg,
Now add to that stereo weight,
Now remove the 6mge cast iron weight,
Now add a 1uz all alloy weight.

You now have a guess that is as good as mine.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * She's almost done Tue, 16 March 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w00t

Zorst is done

2" off the stranglers, into 2.25" Y pipe, through 2.25" cat, into 2.5" rest of the way.
Nothing huge, but it will do for a while

w00t

Just tuning left
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * She's almost done Tue, 16 March 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Damn tuner wont be ready till next week

Oh well, gives me time to sort out some niggling injuries
Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hi wanting to knoe about 7mgte wiring loom mods
Next Topic:WHAT BRAKES FIT A TA22!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:16:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010780811309814 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.