Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hanjin
Newcomer

February 2004
AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Mon, 02 February 2004 13:54 Go to next message
Hi i im new here i was just wondering is it possible to do a sr20det conversion into a Sprinter AE86 and if so how much would you expect to pay for this type of conversion?
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Mon, 02 February 2004 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome to Toymods!

yes the conversion is possible.

To do it properly, i would think about $10000 but that is a guess. I would think that you would need better brakes all round, and stronger diff for engineering.

I would do a search as this topic was covered in depth a little while ago. Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 02 February 2004 14:53]

Hanjin
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Mon, 02 February 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the info
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 03 February 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck ..
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 03 February 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Worthwhile. Freakishly fast. Whats stopping u? Evil or Very Mad
ae8620v
Regular

March 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 09 March 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah can be done, pretty easy conversion as far as parts fabrication goes just needs gearbox crossmember, engine bols straight in
ae8620v
Regular

March 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 09 March 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will also need tailshaft mod, bigger brakes up front and all the efi gear it's that easy
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 09 March 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey seen SR20 done a fewtimes, anyone ever bothered with an RB20?
Or not worthwhile.....
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 09 March 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
" engine bols straight in "

And where does it sit , and what is the weight ratio front to rear with the engine on the toyota cross member which lasts about five minutes before the spot welds start coming apart , engine mount are on a 15' different angle ! , And where is the cam cover go , though the bonnet ?, if not , wheres the steering rack go ? or do you convert it back to worn gear drag link set up . sorry to say this is not the case , and you will never get in engineered with the engine in that position ..

"it's that easy"

cool you can do the next one for me 20b ae86 ..
I will give you say $8g , no $10g it will be more than the sr conversion ...

And i expect it to handle , stop , accelerate it the wet , and to go for three months of trashing with not a single problem or breakage .. and go around pi at 1.48-1.50mins all day ..

Can you do this ?

No modification to crossmember , still cannot get over this one

Who do you work for ?

Please tell ....

Please don't steer people in the direction of spending shit loads of money and time if you have not personal done this conversion .. they will be better of building a 4agte

Sorry people , just get pissed of at the amount of misinformation on this topic , due to have to do all the research and work myself , and have lots of time wasted by people think that its done this way or that way ... if you don't know don't waste peoples time .. and i thought businesses where not to advertise on the forums unless they are a supporter of toymods ..........

Hanjin

Which state you in ? If you still want to do this pm me your details .

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 09 March 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Tue, 09 March 2004 22:05

" engine bols straight in "

And where does it sit , and what is the weight ratio front to rear with the engine on the toyota cross member which lasts about five minutes before the spot welds start coming apart , engine mount are on a 15' different angle ! , And where is the cam cover go , though the bonnet ?, if not , wheres the steering rack go ? or do you convert it back to worn gear drag link set up . sorry to say this is not the case , and you will never get in engineered with the engine in that position ..

"it's that easy"

cool you can do the next one for me 20b ae86 ..
I will give you say $8g , no $10g it will be more than the sr conversion ...

And i expect it to handle , stop , accelerate it the wet , and to go for three months of trashing with not a single problem or breakage .. and go around pi at 1.48-1.50mins all day ..

Can you do this ?

No modification to crossmember , still cannot get over this one

Who do you work for ?

Please tell ....

Please don't steer people in the direction of spending shit loads of money and time if you have not personal done this conversion .. they will be better of building a 4agte

Sorry people , just get pissed of at the amount of misinformation on this topic , due to have to do all the research and work myself , and have lots of time wasted by people think that its done this way or that way ... if you don't know don't waste peoples time .. and i thought businesses where not to advertise on the forums unless they are a supporter of toymods ..........

Hanjin

Perhaps you should check things before you shoot your big mouth off? http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=30747&start=0&rid=3118&S=6c8edf3988b dd4e5c238280a10e9f2b0

Edit: and then there's Rob (im pretty sure that was his name) from the sprinter cruise with the white ae86 with a sr20det that also said it wasnt all that hard to do!

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2004 13:16]

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 09 March 2004 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Could you please post up some of this research and findings in order to help put and end to all the misinformation that pisses you off so much. That would be helpful

Hanjin

According to his avatar details he is in QLD.

Cheers
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 09 March 2004 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=28502&start=0&rid=1976&S=4e9c16c8997 1ed2c0ace60750faa317a

and theeeeen?

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2004 15:31]

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 09 March 2004 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow,

I didn't know it was being called toolmods, thanks for the tip. I personally also did not know that the correct procedure was to email or PM an individual first in order to beg for worthiness and hence information.

I am quite willing to post any of my own findings on the forums. That is what they are for I believe. I have even put a few things in the tech articles gallery to help people out.

I'm not paranoid enough to believe that businesses are scouring through these posts looking for hot tips to help their businesses get a leg up.

But if you just want to post up how not to do things without any postive input in relation to how to do things, why post at all........... Rolling Eyes

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Tue, 09 March 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you please post up some of this research and findings in order to help put and end to all the misinformation that pisses you off so much. That would be helpful

But if you just want to post up how not to do things without any postive input in relation to how to do things, why post at all...........

Yer i haven't really found anything helpful here , just alot of time wasters , why babysit , nothing is really hard to do , once you have done it .. It easy to say .

Thats why i ask if he still wanted to do the conversion to contact me so he wouldn't have to go though all the b/s ..
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Wed, 10 March 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Hanjin,

This thread is probably a good place to start your research and also look at some pictures of results - they are still up I believe

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=20367&rid=374&S=b57bfda441f2522a7946f6b6 ed5c655b&pl_view=&start=0#msg_167525msg_16 7525

There are only a few people that appear to have done this conversion, improvedae86 being one of the guys who has posted on the subject in the past. Only thing is there appears to be several ways of doing the conversion based on what I could find here and on the yank sites.

So there is no real best way of doing it as far as I can tell.

Cheers
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Sprinter SR20DET conversion? Wed, 10 March 2004 08:03 Go to previous message
ae8620v

I am still waiting for a quote from that conversion...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sprinter stall?
Next Topic:18rg rebuild
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Oct 26 19:27:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071010589599609 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.