Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » good brake pads for ma70??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

good brake pads for ma70?? Sun, 08 February 2004 08:22 Go to next message
What from experience do you guys think are decent brake pads for ma70s? I assume mz21 are the same brakes?
Just brand names and model nos is all im after.

Anyone know how much toyota ones are??
  Send a private message to this user    
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Sun, 08 February 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used ebc greenstuff and was very happy with the performance.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Sun, 08 February 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've used Greenstuff a few times and am fairly happy with their ability to take heat, the fact that they work when cold, and the life they give (both pads and rotors). Just don't believe that crap on the box about not making your wheels go black - utter garbage! Evil or Very Mad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Sun, 08 February 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where do i get them from and how much are they? Are they a repco item?

Do they shed all that black soot on your wheels mrshin?
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Sun, 08 February 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Are they a repco item?

Uh... no Shocked

Repco sell generic shit - with an emphasis on the latter.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Sun, 08 February 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although SOME Repco stores have been known to order them in...

I get black crap on my wheels, no matter what pads I use. It's called burning the crap out of them! Evil or Very Mad

http://www.ebcbrakes.com.au/near.htm
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Sun, 08 February 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah its worth investing in some wheel cleaning gear when you get the pads!
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Mon, 09 February 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a set of Toyota Genuine pads going onto my GZ20 (I assume they are similar) from what I hear they aren't to bad. they cost $80
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Mon, 09 February 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the Greenstuff. I've had 'em smoking on the Supra (we thought the engine bay was on fire!) and didn't lose much pedal feel at all. And they sometimes squeal a tiny bit when dead cold but one good stop and they're fine. Other carbon-metallic pads I've had were really noisy all the time and it got annoying after a while.
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Mon, 09 February 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think you can really compare the 2, I mean the greens are a competition pad, the stocko ones are a common-or-garden cheapo brake pad.

I put a set of bendix in once, which are probably comparable to the stock toyota ones and they came back out the same day. The greens stayed in there...they're a great pad.

/me waits for advertising money from ebc Cool
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Mon, 09 February 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about bosch or ferodo? how much are the greens?

And leigh i was referring to if repco can order them in.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 February 2004 10:36]

Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Mon, 09 February 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

FWIW: Bendix Metalking's are very average. I was using them on the front of my MA61. Now upgrading to Greenstuff.
spans
Regular

January 2004
Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Mon, 09 February 2004 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree

MetalKings are very average, especially for track days - Alright for the street but one of my worse choices for a track day.

EBC Greens are a good medium for track and streetability. Although I will be going the Reds when I return to the track.

They are an excellent High Temp pad but they having NOTHING when they are cold so you do have to be careful with them, atleast until you've had a few good stops. I've heard Reds also chomp at rotors quite severely ?

Probably order them thru Coventry's, or any GOOD auto parts shop.

OH, and don't get me started about the stocker toyota pads Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 09 February 2004 14:50]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Mon, 09 February 2004 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep EBC Green are great. I've got them in now, out at wakefield park it was my tyres that started to melt (get sloppy) before the brakes started to fail. Very Happy

I do have a very anoying squeek at the moment from the pads though Mad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: good brake pads for ma70?? Tue, 10 February 2004 08:18 Go to previous message
i ended up getting some bendix ones ordered in, couldnt seem to find greenstuff through supercheap or repco Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:workshop to fit 7M-gte or 1JZ...
Next Topic:Misaligned crank pulley
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 04:57:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006519079208374 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.