Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Toymods + CAMS Thu, 08 August 2002 09:23 Go to next message
ok, now i got a question, i was a member of the North Shore Sporting Car Club simply because you have to be a member of a car club to obtain your CAMS license. now i have come to the point where i need to renew my CAMS license and my North Shore membership but i also would like to join toymods. now is toymods linked with CAMS in anyway? would i be able to join toymods and write down on my CAMS form saying i'm a member of Toymods?

could someone help me with this?
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymods + CAMS Thu, 08 August 2002 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To put it simply... Nope!
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods + CAMS Fri, 22 November 2002 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To make it obvious:

Why Not?
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods + CAMS Wed, 27 November 2002 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically because no one has bothered to set it all up.
Toymods' administration is taken care of by volunteers who hardly have enough time to keep their cars on the road let alone run a car club, which they manage to do incredibaly well.

There is alot of time & effort put in just to keep the club running, and there is only a small number of board members taking care of all the admin. Early next year will be the Toymods Annual General Meeting, where we will have the opportunity to nominate & vote for members to become board members.
This is also a good time to nominate yourself for a role to help out your club.
Personally I hardly have the time (or money) to properly prepare my car (at least to my minimum standard) for racing, let alone organise CAMS affiliation for the club.

So c'mon guys, it's time to make your club what you want it! Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: Toymods + CAMS Thu, 28 November 2002 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a pretty huge monetary outlay also which ToyMods just can't afford at the moment.
Plus there's a bunch of administrative changes that the club must undergo before CAMS affliation can be had..

Last time we looked at it, we just decided it was too much effort considering the small numbers we get to our track days.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods + CAMS Fri, 29 November 2002 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the feedback Joel and Nark.

Yes I can understand the predicament that the club is in now that you have highlighted the monetary issues and so on, especially in light of participating numbers. I actually contacted Cams myself after I made the above post and found out that the expense of being affiliated is up there!!

Thanks again

[Updated on: Fri, 29 November 2002 16:05]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Toymods + CAMS Fri, 29 November 2002 20:25 Go to previous message
Just to clarify the money thing up a little more, its not so much the annual registration that is the problem as its not too far from what the club pays now, its more the extra cost to the members to pay for thier personal registration and licences that would be the hurdle, the extra cost to enter the club could be seen as too big a cost by those who arent interested in the event side of things and therefore a number of the mebers may feel alienated and reconsider thier membership.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:renew membership ?
Next Topic:Cars info
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:15:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043649673461914 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.