Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Thu, 14 October 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude! been a while, sorry i missed ya call yesterday been working arvos/nights then sleeping rest, might call round next week with ya gear

Send a private message to this user    
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Fri, 15 October 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRKE20...plenum was made to my spec's by custom welding shop in wollongong 0242566888, it has internal trumpets and equal lenght runners and so on....the T/B is a very modified BA XR6 turbo job.

nico..it all takes time dude.

craigee..wheres my fuel pump and boost controller?? Very Happy give me a call when your free!

engine is ran in and now we start the fun job of finding all those horses hiding in my computer maps.
not going to stop tell we find the 400hp, i know that is in there.
yogi
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Fri, 15 October 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh! a measely 400HP out of a 4ag you make it sound like its hard work Razz
grim boy
Regular

June 2002
Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Mon, 18 October 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wanna find those extra hp's piss of the ems comp and get a real one , that thing will be holding you back heaps
Dennis
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Mon, 18 October 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grim boy wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 20:39

you wanna find those extra hp's piss of the ems comp and get a real one , that thing will be holding you back heaps
Dennis

How so? Microtech have proven time and again that even the cheaper of the ECU's can match it for power so long as it's tuned right.
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Tue, 19 October 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, I'd eat off that engine bay it's so clean! Very Happy
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Tue, 26 October 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grim boy, ive played with enough comp's to work out where the powers hiding, what it always comes back to is who's doing the programming.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Thu, 28 October 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive gotta say that turbo looks damn small compared to the one thats on there now!!

Shocked
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Fri, 29 October 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheheehhe
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Thu, 16 December 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yogi - I literally messed myself while looking at those pics.

Ever seen a grown man having to walk around his work place with a wet spot....I spilt my pepsi all over my lap *whole bloody bottle too*
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Thu, 16 December 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dude....I think Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
sorry to hear about your pants Sad

pity the pic doesnt have the .7 comp cover on
what colour is your RA23??

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2004 02:23]

ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Thu, 16 December 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mines silver atm...the one in the avatar is mine - it's just photochopped to how I want it to finish up Very Happy

Pants will wash - pepsi will run - old school celica's will always be hot as Smile
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Fri, 17 December 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23mad wrote on Thu, 16 December 2004 17:04

Pants will wash - pepsi will run - old school celica's will always be hot as Smile

ROFLMAO! Quote of the week!! Laughing
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Mon, 03 January 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a worry!
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Tue, 05 July 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all, just an update

Since my poor effort at the last track run, there has been a few upgrades underway.

Since i had some time on my hands it seemed only fair i spend some time on the car, the biggest thing that was playing on my mind was a small leak from the oil pump crank seal.

Total cost to replace $2.60

But things are never that easy, see to get at the oil pump, the motor has to come out, so as they say (famous last words) "while its out" Ive had some work done....

Head- massive port job with 1.5mm over size valves, still waiting of valves from Ferrier in the states after a custom set was made up, they sound cheap at $50 each but you have to remember this is a 20 valve!!
The cams are being replaced with a yet to be decided grind, basically waiting to throw the head on the flow bench to see what is needed.

Gear box has been replaced with a 2 speed powerglide which has been manualizied and fitted with trans brake (for those big wheelie take offs!)

Diff has a spool locking the centre right now with another set of 28 spline axles (lets see how long these ones last!)

And to take care of those traction issues i have a set of fat 26x8.5 mickey thompsons sitting here waiting for a set of wheels to go onto..

The rest of the car is basically where it was before, but iam thinking of getting rid of the interior and adding some tribal air brushing to the front!

yogi
1UZ FTE
Regular

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Tue, 05 July 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yogi
I am looking forward to seeing this incarnation of the 22

Keep us all posted mate as it unfolds

J
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Wed, 06 July 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Jamie,
hows things? Tark still dribbling on everything? Very Happy
that bike of your is it up and running yet, I can still get you a cheap comp if your interested?

Hows the red beast going now....any up dates?

yogi

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Fri, 08 July 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn dude.

A bit of an oil leak and some spinning from the street tyres leads to a full engine out job with head work and a powerglide swap. No half measures I guess.

I can't wait to see the machine run to it's potential.
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Fri, 08 July 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh,
Because I went for a neat engine set up, ment that the sump was to close to the cross member to remove without taking the engine out! So out with the hoist!

Luckily some good friends of mine invested in a bench flow, along with some other choice engine testing gear Very Happy , so all is good on that front! Very Happy

Gearbox, well stems from frustration in not being able to have a clutch that can handle what i ask of it...what other alternative is there to turning to the dark side?? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

yogi
MRKE20
Regular

September 2003
Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Tue, 26 July 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did i know that you would go auto Smile its UFOO1S off twincam.org by the way Very Happy you gotta post some updated pics dude. i am changing my clutch atm, and fixin my fuel rail. will hopfully be back on the road to run next wednesday, fingers crossed. what did you do with your old cam sticks????
what are the specs of your new tbo???
good luck mate
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica Fri, 29 July 2005 09:30 Go to previous message
Mr KE20,
Old cams are now tent pegs! hehehe
gearbox is back from the shop as well as the custom bell housing (what a nightmare) the head is still getting some die work and bench flowing Very Happy, valves only turned up this week (Dam Americans!!) and the diff is still getting some fine tuning (bloody collapsible spacers!) the new B&M pro ratchet is fitted to the original center console and everything is going great for a run back on the road in about a month!
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Evan's new toy: 1985 4AGE AE86
Next Topic:Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:34:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007498025894165 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.