Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Any pyro's out there?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Any pyro's out there? Wed, 18 February 2004 06:31 Go to next message
the thread: http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=29363&start=0&rid=3497&S=11cad15b509 b470a510d56a9003e1f3c
Lead into discussion bout my fire spinning/breathing and I was wondering if there were any other fire performers in the group?

Someone to teach me pyrotechnics would be cool also.
  Send a private message to this user    
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Any pyro's out there? Wed, 18 February 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not a performer, but i like lighting fires and i have a flamethrower.
Fire = fun

[Updated on: Wed, 18 February 2004 06:38]

TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Any pyro's out there? Wed, 18 February 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, fire is very fun, i like fire, fire likes me, we are friends....
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any pyro's out there? Wed, 18 February 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had my fire phase
had the fire department called on more than 1 occasion. Never got badly burnt by it, although I did inhale a chlorine bomb once (oops)
Oh, and my brother accidentally stabbed me in the back of the knee with a burning stick - that really, really hurt
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Any pyro's out there? Wed, 18 February 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 19:28

Oh, and my brother accidentally stabbed me in the back of the knee with a burning stick - that really, really hurt

Accident ay, Laughing
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Any pyro's out there? Wed, 18 February 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Backspace wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 19:47

draven wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 19:28

Accident ay, Laughing

Please explain how that was a accident, im with clarence on this one that wasnt a accident!
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: Any pyro's out there? Wed, 18 February 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well not a pyro - but definetly into fire twirling..
Staff - poi - and devil sticks (these I have found quite hard to control on fire! - or control at all for that matter once they get some speed up!) ..

I did end up in hospital once after an "incident" at a party where someone left the lid off a bottle of accelerant..

Lesson one of fire performing.. always replace the lid and keep the liquids WELL away from the sticks/poi/whatever BEFORE they are lit.. (needless to say I wasn't the one responsible this time)..

You live in Brisbane?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Any pyro's out there? Wed, 18 February 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak i prefer blowing things up than fire. Shocked
i learnt a lot when i worked in the underground mines.... Evil or Very Mad
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Any pyro's out there? Wed, 18 February 2004 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only a little, i like seing things of fire/blowing up but im nto really a fan of doin the lighting/blowing up.

my mates are also a little scared of me.... see i like pain Wink People have a habbit of freaking out when i say "you know if you hit me i'll enjoy it". I also find pleasure/humor in hurting myself, half the time its not on purpose but anyway. I got smacked by a softball ball a few months back (2cms to the left and it would smacked dead centre haha lucky), i fell to the ground laughing my head off. the mates were a little freaked out by that one Razz The mates came up with the conclusion that im desterbed tonight after i decided it'd be amusing to hump a friend. (in non sexual way and with clothes on)
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Devil sticks are nuts... I have these cool double poi at the moment, they are my nemisis, them and the behind the back weave...

I am not in brisbane but visit once or twice a year...normally go out and have a spin on one of the points in the cleveland area (alexandra maybe?).

You can't be too be careful with fuels. I was pouring kero into a 44 gallon drum one day, setting up for a fire. Some absoloute fuck stick (I don't normally resort to name calling, but well he was a fuck stick) decided to throw a match in. Needless to say I caught on fire, what happended next was scary...with a hand on fire i naturally jumped back from the flame and proceeded to spill the rest of the kero all over myself. In some complete fluke i spilt enough kero to actually smother the flame and extiguish it, only lost half my body hair!!
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would tell u what i like to do. And what i've done. But someone will probably ring the cops Razz
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hedgeburner^^^.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah
and then you say "yeah, I was just bsing over the net"
otherwise I wouldn't be mentioning my various endeavours Razz

or at least PM me what you've got up to Smile
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well next time you're in bris check out the south brisbane riverfront on a wednesday night - used to be plenty of hippie fire action going on ..

and on the topic of fuels - be very careful with shellite!
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have 3 fire clubs and a fire staff (as well as 6 normal clubs, 3 juggling rings and 6 juggling balls), my gf has fire poi and devil sticks

juggling with fire is awesome fun, but i dont breath it anymore, kero tastes like crap

we play with circus equipment every monday night

<shameless_plug>http://www.trispen.com.au</shameless_plug>

Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 19 February 2004 12:58]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I went up to Summernats my friends and I picked up about a $100 worth of crakers and rockets... I've used most of the crackers by throwing them round scaring my friends. Twisted Evil

One night my bro and I were driving back from the pub and had one cracker left in the car and decided to let it off at the park near my house.

When we went into the park's carpark there was a black E-Class Merc parked there. I swept the lights across the car to see if it was occupied... the windows were all fogged up. Rolling Eyes We drove to the other end of the carpark to let it off in a coke can.

As I jumped back in the car the lights of the Merc went on and it proceded to follow us toward the exit. I turned right, so did the Merc... Then left, so did the Merc. He was about 75m back as I went through an amber light. He accelerated and went through the red about 5sec after it changed. Shocked Surprised

At that stage I'm like WTF! I turned up the street next to mine and the Merc was at that stage about 2m off my bumper. I go to turn right toward my house and he drove on the wrong side of the road and cut me off! I then aborted my turn and went straight at full throttle to keep in front, and did. (7M powah! Nod )

I then lost him round some tiny back streets... We decided to hold off going home, so the guy wouldn't know where we live, and headed back to the main road. He was waiting there standing next to his car! He jumped back in and we flew past with our fingers up. Evil or Very Mad

Moral of the story: Don't put your lights on cars with fogged windows and don't set off fireworks near people trying to have a root. Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive learnt my lesson about blowing things up...

2 years of good behaviour, 208 hours community service, massive fines and a crimo record for arson in the supreme court...

oh and the 12 month suspended sentence...

plenty of fun, but IF someone had have been injured i would have been in a WHOLE lot more trouble.

so i stay away from exploding objects these days.
Smile
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, after careful consideration i have come to the conclusion that you are a bunch of psycho's. (No offense intended!!)

For those of you who are actually fire performers the above doesn't apply...But does anyone want to teach me to fire breath properly??? I can do it, but would be interested in talking to someone very experienced in order to get the tips of the trade.

I actually learned to fire breath one night while we were out spinning, had kero, had fire, figured how hard could it be? I have heard of different (safer) fuels being used (custard powder??? Which as i have video to prove turns into clag glue in your mouth and looks more like you are vommiting.) Any tips etc would be welcome!!

I also need to learn to juggle, I am the only one I know who can spin poi and staves who can't juggle...but the whole throwing and catching thing fucks me!!
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont swallow Laughing

but seriously, i didnt breath it much so probably cant give you many tips in that area

with juggling, definately juggle balls for a while until you are comfortable and confident with the standard cascade pattern. once you are happy with this, start throwing one club around, from one hand to the other, then two, mimicing the cascade with 1 club missing, then put it all together.

sounds easy? sort of, i practiced for about 20 mins each day at lunch at work for about 2 months until i was comfortable with it, but once you get it its buckets of fun.

at circus a while ago we did a 4 person feed (4 people passing 12 clubs around!)

worst part about the clubs is the fucking price. in one set of my clubs each club was $75, but you can get cheaper, as long as they are balanced properly

cheers
evan
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Any pyro's out there? Thu, 19 February 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone got the anrchy cook book? Now thats got guides for everything even naypalm(Confused spelling)...whos done the powderd clorine and brake fluid?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any pyro's out there? Fri, 20 February 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh, the anarchy cookbook
I remember when I was in year 10 and that was cool... it's got some really good stuff, but I know of more than 1 person who killed or seriously disfigured themselves trying to make that stuff.
People who dont really know what they're doing really really shouldn't play with highly flammable/explosive materials

alwaysRA23 - can I ask what you did to cop that dude?!
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Any pyro's out there? Fri, 20 February 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 11:23

ahh, the anarchy cookbook
I remember when I was in year 10 and that was cool... it's got some really good stuff, but I know of more than 1 person who killed or seriously disfigured themselves trying to make that stuff.
People who dont really know what they're doing really really shouldn't play with highly flammable/explosive materials

yeh its pretty deadly, all i mad was the lemon launcher just easy stuff like that...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any pyro's out there? Fri, 20 February 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheheh
it's always dangerous when you give engineering students and creative people the instructions to the lemon launcher.
with a few stronger materials and some better propulsion, a frozen ornage launcher can be made, which punches holes in car doors
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Any pyro's out there? Fri, 20 February 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a pneumatic cannon that launches golf balls, ice slugs, potatos, marbles, water(fun), and anything else you can think of.
Golf balls go pretty hard with 100psi of air pressure behind them. Id guess maybe 4 hundred metres Evil or Very Mad
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Any pyro's out there? Fri, 20 February 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 14:09

how about a pneumatic cannon that launches golf balls, ice slugs, potatos, marbles, water(fun), and anything else you can think of.
Golf balls go pretty hard with 100psi of air pressure behind them. Id guess maybe 4 hundred metres Evil or Very Mad

it also shatters front and rear car windows, dont ask long story lol, put it involves a steel tube and air compressure, and a valve lol
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Any pyro's out there? Fri, 20 February 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 12:34

heheheh
it's always dangerous when you give engineering students and creative people the instructions to the lemon launcher.
with a few stronger materials and some better propulsion, a frozen ornage launcher can be made, which punches holes in car doors

The master contemplates his next plan.
Lol
Although this is not fire related. Who has ever gone mail boxing. Soda bulbing. Potato in exhaust. Transferring for sale signs around the neighborhood when they were in high school? I bet u a few of u did on the weekend when u'r pissed off u'r nut and looking for some entertainment. And my best bet. I rekon a couple of people STILL do it!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any pyro's out there? Fri, 20 February 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I was well into soda bulbs years back - great fun Smile
then moved on to cans of compressed butane, using the same principle... then I became sensible in my old age
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Any pyro's out there? Fri, 20 February 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGE wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 14:32

Although this is not fire related. Who has ever gone mail boxing. Soda bulbing. Potato in exhaust. Transferring for sale signs around the neighborhood when they were in high school? I bet u a few of u did on the weekend when u'r pissed off u'r nut and looking for some entertainment. And my best bet. I rekon a couple of people STILL do it!

I still do it all lol, aslo steal wheely bins and put them on peoples door steps on top of cars lol Laughing
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Any pyro's out there? Fri, 20 February 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke70_3SGTE wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 16:40

I still do it all lol, aslo steal wheely bins and put them on peoples door steps on top of cars lol Laughing

The police have been called and will be around at your place in a few minutes. Very Happy
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Any pyro's out there? Fri, 20 February 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Backspace wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 16:48

The police have been called and will be around at your place in a few minutes. Very Happy

Thats ok we'll pick you up on the way to the station, cause you did the stuff with me clarence
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Any pyro's out there? Sun, 22 February 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys enough already. I think the cops are onto us Rolling Eyes
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Any pyro's out there? Sun, 22 February 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some guys i used to hang around with used to go out on bin nights. Grab a bin (recycle bins were preferd) and hold one would hold onto it at passanger side build up speed (usually 100ks+) and release it Surprised. i remember watching one night, brand new camry got fucked MAJORLY (bin full of glass bottels into boot). aparently cops were onto who was doin it. "we suspect its kids on bikes" haah fucking cops
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Any pyro's out there? Sun, 22 February 2004 14:57 Go to previous message
ke70_3SGTE wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 17:17

Backspace wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 16:48

Thats ok we'll pick you up on the way to the station, cause you did the stuff with me clarence

Err, riiiight, and i also killed JFK. Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Not a good idea
Next Topic:Anyone ever have to use the MSN "block" feature?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 16:23:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.067672967910767 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.