Toymods » Track Talk » 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Fri, 20 February 2004 04:51 Go to next message
on my way home 2day from tafe in my lil nugget of a excel towards liverpool on the hume hway when a cocky bastard in a blue 97 prelude started cruising next 2 me. He held his clutch in while his car was rolling and revved out 2 me trying 2 show me his little rice cooker, instantly i dumped the excel into 3rd gear from 5th and gunned it.... he did the same..... both of us weeving in and out of traffic i managed 2 pull away from him as i noticed he was a shit driver (almost running into me twice). Note: Excel is a stock car and non-twin cam with as much power as a apple rolling down a hill, Prelude had all the nice rice add ons like a ugly big ass wing, clear tail lights and 14inch wheels. anyway back to the point i kiked ass Razz but i know it wasnt a race 2 prove who had most power it was a race 2 prove who was the better driver. In my opinion i rekon all races are races 2 prove who is better at handling there car. Sorry for the essay i just finished 9 hrs of tafe and going bak in 2 hrs for 3 more hrs of tafe Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Fri, 20 February 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fun but dangerous
u'll prolly get flamed for this by fellow toymodders

the vtir preludes are quite fast...
peace
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Fri, 20 February 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prelude 2.2L VTiR's are fast? Laughing
My old 88KW Tvis pulled away from it all the time anytime from my friends one. Triptronic Auto H22A VTEC

Just matching eachothers speeds on the freeway till we reach the limit and i'd always pull away from him. Those things are just heavy.

In manual form they maybe fast but they are still a heavy ugly looking car Laughing

Btw. Im not going to flame you hard becuase Ive met you in real life and I dont know who you are. But Yeah like VuVu said others will attack you for this..

Just whatch you say becuase
a) its simply stupid and dangerous on your occurance weaving in traffic..

b) Cops maybe reading this forum.. And it has the Toymods name on it. I say this standing on behalf of the club that we dont want to hear of or look like we do such activity on public roads simply becuase its the law your endangering lives and your own pride.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 February 2004 10:09]

SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Fri, 20 February 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about the other posts im not the only one..... what about that dude who had a video of him sitting burnouts in his car?
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Mon, 23 February 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Traffic weaving is quite dangerous, i've had it done to me before and it almost got written off. Naturaly the excel being smaller and being able to fit into smaller gaps would be at an advantage, especialy where there isn't large gaps to allow for much acceleration.
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Wed, 25 February 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm
well looks like u got an sx corolla... and i can tell u that manual h22a preludes are much faster... comparing manual to auto is like comparing shit and chocolate (thanks initial d)..
i.e 4 gears vs 5, ability to launch better, able to rev out the gear etc etc etc
im not saying the sx is slow so don't take offence.. but the prelude vti-r is faster.. i'd know i've driven both...
peace
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Sat, 10 April 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree, Vti-R Preludes are not slow by any means. H22A's are a respected engine.

cheers

tom.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Sat, 10 April 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tryurluk get ur hand off it
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Fri, 16 April 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chill fellas - let him tell his war story ... if u dont believe him dont reply !
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Fri, 16 April 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
durgh .. didnt realise this was such an old thread ! stoopid !
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Tue, 20 April 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe its just got VTi-R sticker to make it go faster Rolling Eyes
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Tue, 20 April 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was 2 long ago 4 me 2 remember Razz MOVING ALONG GUYS!!!!!!
Zer0
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Fri, 30 April 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys u also got to remember whilst the vti-r's are quick i have found that the 89 model preludes i think usually kick them well atleast i know my mates does even if he is a grandma of a driver
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 98 excel vs 97 Honda Prelude VTi-R Mon, 07 June 2004 15:19 Go to previous message
i remember someone posted up a hyundai crusining around the eastern suburbs...crazy sleeper. Saw him a few days ago has:

From a distance, stock alloys and body, but has a bloody EVO engine in it Shocked

UNBELEIVABLE!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Very unsuspected result - 4ac AE86 vs non turbo 180sx
Next Topic:run in with some undercovers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 03:24:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046589374542236 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.