Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » g series into ma61 swap...what do i neeed to do?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

g series into ma61 swap...what do i neeed to do? Sun, 22 February 2004 10:41 Go to next message
ive got a complete disc to disc setup for my ma61 off a ga70 supra.

Just wanting to know what do i need to do this completely...
Which are all my options for hubs etc??

Someone let me know if this has been discussed before!
  Send a private message to this user    
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: g series into ma61 swap...what do i neeed to do? Sun, 22 February 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've not heard of it being done - on a forum like this there are a lot of talkers and noone even claims to have done it.

I would not be surprised if someone had, just a matter of tracking them down. IRS diff upgrades are notoriously difficult - not having done anything like it before, I'd only be guessing, but:

I would suggest that your easiest option would be to retain the entire MA61 setup disc brake setup, but running the G-series diff and custom driveshafts.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: g series into ma61 swap...what do i neeed to do? Sun, 22 February 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i just need to buy it and compare apples with apples first i spose Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 12:17]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: g series into ma61 swap...what do i neeed to do? Tue, 24 February 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someeone point me to a person who may be able to give me some advice?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: g series into ma61 swap...what do i neeed to do? Wed, 25 February 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you compare the MA61 rear end to the MA70 rear end, you'll note they're completely different in every way. Transplanting from one to the other would be a major engineering exercise, and it's not something I'd want to attempt. There was some discussion about this on the CelicaSupra forums a while ago, from memory one of the yanks was putting a G series diff and housing in his MA61, but it was costing him mega-bucks (custom driveshafts, CV's etc).

If you're doing this for strength reasons, don't waste your time; an F series diff with a TrueTrac centre is more than strong enough for your application.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: g series into ma61 swap...what do i neeed to do? Wed, 25 February 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not only strength though norbie, the discs are also 32mm bigger.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: g series into ma61 swap...what do i neeed to do? Wed, 25 February 2004 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Norbs. If you want bigger discs, there are easier ways. I am going through it at the moment Very Happy

I got my berackets and mounts back last night and they are schmick, and will trya nd play with them over the weekend

Cheers

Michael B
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: g series into ma61 swap...what do i neeed to do? Thu, 26 February 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rear brakes aren't the major contributor to the braking anyway man, Look at upgrading the fronts to start with (and as your looking at keeping the stock wheels you will find that the options are limited Rolling Eyes )

I think you are going a little overboard with a g series and should spend the money somewhere else...

Cheers
Wilbo
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: g series into ma61 swap...what do i neeed to do? Thu, 26 February 2004 04:25 Go to previous message
Yeah the rear brakes on an MA61 are actually quite good, I can't see any reason to upgrade them unless you're doing lots of circuit racing. Worry about the fronts, they need upgrading!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ECU pinouts for 4E-FTE??
Next Topic:quickie what size is the standard ra23 front anti roll bar?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Oct 7 20:25:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088129043579102 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.