Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Which flywheel and clutch?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Which flywheel and clutch? Tue, 24 February 2004 06:59 Go to next message
Ok this has probably been asked a million times but as usual I cant find anything concrete.
I want to know what is the biggest clutch combination that will fit a 4A-GZE engine to mount to a T50 gearbox?
I am under the impression the the 212mm clutch is the biggest that will fit but what engines did these come off? I remember reading the 7A or 20V but could be wrong.
Im sure the GZE pressure plate will foul inside the T50 but can a 20V pressure and clutch plate fit the GZE flywheel?
Do I need to source a 20V flywheel or will the GZE one fit?
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Which flywheel and clutch? Tue, 24 February 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GZE flywheel CAN be made to fit with some brutal grinding of the bellhousing, but my suggestion is not to bother, you can't get a really good GZE clutch anyway, due to the pressure plate design. My suggestion is to ditch it, go buy a flywheel from an NA 4ag (either 200 or 212mm, doesn't REALLY matter) and call up Direct Clutch in Brissy, order the toughest pressure plate (2500lb) and a normal full face clutch plate. This is enough to shatter a whole collection of T50s.
Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Re: Which flywheel and clutch? Tue, 24 February 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it the GZE flywheel that fouls or the pressure plate?
Do I need to source a smaller flywheel although I thought they were all the same diameter overall. Or just need to get a smaller pressure plate?
If I do need to get another flywheel what engine do I source the 212mm from?

[Updated on: Tue, 24 February 2004 22:20]

Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Re: Which flywheel and clutch? Wed, 25 February 2004 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What have other people used?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Which flywheel and clutch? Wed, 25 February 2004 23:04 Go to previous message
It's the 'lumps' on the outside of the GZE flywheel that are the issue. These are what the pressure plate bolts on to.

The 212mm flywheel can be found on later smallport and 20v 4AG's.

I used the setup I already mentioned for a little while, until the T50 shattered, then I used it agian (with a different clutch plate) on a W55, but the clutch died through a fault in the bellhousing, not a fault in the clutch itself Evil or Very Mad (do a search, I've had a damned good whinge about this before!)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:R154 Bell Housing brace
Next Topic:Seal Kit for CT-26
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 8 04:42:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059309005737305 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.