Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
stereomike's ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 00:03 Go to next message
hell, i think it's an ST162. I'm a hack! I'm one of those guys who only has the barest, most basic knowledge of the mechanics of cars. talk to me about design and i'll be right in there with you, but anything mechanical, and it's safest to assume that i'm a retard haha.

anyway, this is my car. My uncle gave it to me and my brother (he "upgraded" to a VY HSV Clubsport, nice car but not my style), but since my brother is only 16, it's basically gonna be my car for a while to come. I'm 23 by the way, if anyone's wondering.

it needs some work.. there's an issue with the drivetrain somewhere apparently (enough that my uncle delivered it on a trailer), and there's some rust around the sunroof that's gonna need to be sorted out for roadworthy. interior's a bit crap, i'd rather a black setup than the current blue. luckily the dash is at least in good condition! the seats and door trims are pretty dirty, which is annoying, but hey. it was free, so i shan't be complaining too much!

oh, and g'day Smile

http://white.shoboken.net/pictures/IMG_0060.jpg

http://white.shoboken.net/pictures/IMG_0062.jpg

http://white.shoboken.net/pictures/IMG_0071.jpg

http://white.shoboken.net/pictures/IMG_0077.jpg

http://white.shoboken.net/pictures/IMG_0068.jpg

PLANS

• Get it roadworthy. Includes fixing unidentified drivetrain problem, brakes, rust in sunroof, window seals inside and out, door latches
  • Respray. Will probably keep it white for cost reasons, but that's fine as white is my preferred colour.
  • Interior. I intend to replace my blue interior with a black one. It's in good condition, I'd just prefer black.
  • Power Windows. I have an unhealthy addiction to power windows. The newer 4gens have power windows, so i'll track some down.
  • Steering Wheel + Gear Knob. Another unhealthy addiction is my love for Momo steering wheels. Will also get a Momo gearknob.
  • Gauge Area. I want to replace the Gauges and Gauge Surrounds with some custom ones. Nothing stupid, just something subtle and nice, but different.
  • Rims. I like my rims, and they'll be the last thing to go. I'll eventually replace them with some bigger, newer rims. Again, nothing stupid, just some nice 5 spokes.
  • Mechanical. I don't know much about the mechanical side of things, but this will include a pod filter, extractors, etc. etc.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:00]

Send a private message to this user    
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: stereomike's ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome to Toymods.
Nice celica have you got any plans for the car?
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: stereomike's ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks!

well no maaaajor plans, since i'm currently unemployed! bloody well got laid off when our company was bought out, so i'm in the jobhunt right now and the only thing i've got money for is bills haha.

the initial plans are just to get it roadworthy obviously, but after that i'd like to get it resprayed (will probably keep it white, always thought the ST162 looks best in white), get a new interior.. new carpet and seats especially. needs a stereo, and the installation of the current speakers in the parcel shelf is pathetic, so i'll probably make a new shelf and buy some new speakers too. i'm not a doofdoof heavy sub kinda guy, i just like good sound, so there will be no bullshit sound setup.

mechanically.. no idea! as i said, i'm a bit of a hack with that sort of thing. i'm hoping to learn stuff in my time on this forum, but right now, i simply would not have a clue heh.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: stereomike's ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn nice celica Very Happy, and to be getting it FREE!! Shocked , you are very lucky. Keep us updated Cool.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: stereomike's ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I'm one of those guys who only has the barest, most basic knowledge of the mechanics of cars.

yep.. sounds like most of us here.. haha Smile well you will find stacks of info on this site mate.. so not for long Very Happy

it's a very good looking 162 you got there mate, and FREE! gee that's one better than you did SMT Razz Smile

yeah they look pretty tidy in white congrats on your car mate.. what's the drivetrain issue??? there isn't too much that is complicated with these cars.. if anything.
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: stereomike's ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers!

yeah i honestly have no idea what's wrong with it! when my uncle dropped it off, he gave me the impression that it doesn't move at all, but when i was mowing the lawn yesterday, i thought i might as well try and see if it'll move. so i jumped in, started it up, and it moved fine. i didnt move it too far 'cos each wheel's only got 3 nuts in it right now haha, and the front discs are loose because he was working on the brakes before he brought it over.

yeah, it's only got the handbrake right now Rolling Eyes
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: stereomike's ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice-

for the amount you spend getting it on the road you would'nt have been able to buy a good st162-

so i guess you're the winner

ive heard lots of good things about the 3s-ge performance too, so yay Very Happy
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: stereomike's ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey welcoome to the boards!! nice looking car, i like those mags. Great to see so many 4th gen celicas coming here! Very Happy
be sure to check mine out in the members section and let me know what you think Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: stereomike's ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It could be the syncros your uncle was talking about, it does feel very bad when they deteriorate but its still Drivable, till the car doesnt change gear or move Very Happy.
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: stereomike's ST162 Tue, 02 March 2004 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah thanks for the advice! honestly i was just stoked to discover that it CAN move. the ability to move your car around when you're working on it is a pretty bloody good ability to have heh.

cheers for the good feedback guys Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: stereomike's ST162 Wed, 03 March 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i dont have that ability, i have to push it Mad , hehe .

[Updated on: Wed, 03 March 2004 12:18]

Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: stereomike's ST162 Wed, 03 March 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome ST162 owner. If u want to know anything about the car just post it, someone is going to have an answer for u.
celica162
Regular

May 2002
Re: stereomike's ST162 Thu, 04 March 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike, you copped a dent in the same place as me, and as i found many 162's take hits there...

Howd urs happen?
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: stereomike's ST162 Thu, 04 March 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha no idea mate, it was my uncle's car up until a few weeks ago. probably just backed into something i guess! maybe the view out the rear window isn't what it could be, heh.
celica162
Regular

May 2002
Re: stereomike's ST162 Thu, 04 March 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea, i reversed into my bro's MZ20 or whatever the 88 Soarers are.
7MGTE Limited Edition import had the full jap controlls on the stearing wheel n shit.

Lucky for me, it his hit bumper and didn't do a thing to his car, just pushed mine in bad back there,

could be cause they sorta flair out towards the back? ?
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: stereomike's ST162 Thu, 04 March 2004 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe we're all just shit drivers Rolling Eyes
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: stereomike's ST162 Thu, 04 March 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually within an hour of getting my car I accidently bumped the side against a telegraph pole, that set me back $450 and confirms my status as a shit driver Smile

In fact about six months later the same spot on my car got scratched, but I can't remember how, luckily it only cost $100 to fix up that time.
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: stereomike's ST162 Thu, 04 March 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha, pathetic! hehe. i've only ever had one accident, and that was back when i owned an XF Falcon.

Bib Stillwell's grand daughter t-boned me Laughing
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: stereomike's ST162 Fri, 05 March 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(hijack)Yeah - I wrote off a ford laser once, and I've spun my car on dirt roads so many times it's not funny (you couldn't em with three hands even), I've slid off dirt roads thrice (no damage) and basically done some seriously stupid shit (like going sideways over a jump - held it though). Most of this stuff was done on very quiet dirt roads in the middle of the night on extremely twisty roads so they have never been high-speed accidents (most starting at less than 50km/h) so no one has ever been injured, and I've never damaged anything on a dirt road.

Of course, all the dirt driving has taught me alot and I'm a competent driver these days. I just wish that we had a controlled place where most drivers could go learn these things without the risk of injury.

It's when I see driving lines on the dirt roads that go up the middle of the road when approaching a blind-crest that I think I'm the sane driver, and everyone else is crazy! If you can't see, you don't go!
(/hijack)
Nice car btw - white is always a good economical colour Smile sweet that it came with some mags too! Here's hoping it gets out and about soon enough so that there is one more ST162 that isn't being driven by a hairdresser on the road!
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: stereomike's ST162 Mon, 10 May 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replaced the pics in the first post with some newer ones. for the record, the car remains completely untouched, i haven't done anything to it since i got it. this is due to the fact that i'd been unemployed for the past 3 months, but i'm now employed as of this week, so shit is really going to start happening!!!

anyway, now that you've seen more of the car, what do you think? got a couple small bangs and scrapes that i'll have to sort out, and the seats are in pretty shit condition, but i think it's not bad for free!
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: stereomike's ST162 Mon, 10 May 2004 14:29 Go to previous message
it doesnt get much cheaper than FREE! well done.

unfortunately I think my colour is best....but we could sit here and argue all day and night about it..lol Smile

and mine has the black interior..ha ha

good on ya mate and good luck with the car.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Will's AE92 cs corolla WARNING theres a few big pics
Next Topic:Aust162's Celica *pics*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 23:34:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076439380645752 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.