Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 25 March 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah if i could see a reciept it might be something to consider, but yeah for maybe $500 less than what he's asking, i'm pretty sure i've seen this car up at box hill (a suburb in melbourne just in case ur wondering any non melbourne ppl) and yeah it looked pretty nice, the paint looks damn good..
I'll check about the sticker business....
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 25 March 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry double post!

[Updated on: Thu, 25 March 2004 13:24]

charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 26 March 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That red one has stunning paint for it's age. He must of taken good care of it.

Question for all, you've probably all thought about it before anyway.

How much difference would an lsd make on a fwd?

And is the only way to get one by using an mr2 box with gt4 linkages?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 26 March 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quite alot actually, mine new box has a LSD, my old one didn't, and fuck you can feel the difference, especially when boost kicks in on a corner hehehe

You might be able to get an lsd center for your current gearbox, but yeah otherwise later model NA MR2's had an lsd box, so yeah one of them with your linkages off your box.
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 26 March 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, well it was a question as I'm building up ideas for what to do when I don't have excessively high insurance.

3sgte and lsd was what I was aiming for, Trying to figure out what I should look for, and most things point me towards an mr2 rear cut. But they cost more Sad

We'll see.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 27 March 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man I dunno but has anyone noticed a hell of a lot of ST162 celica getting the 3SGTE treatment latley, I know of 3 more here in canberra getting it done currently and I found another 1 here thats already been done besides mine, plus theres about 4 or 5 in sydney we know of. it seems that for some reason most 3sge's are dying ATM Rolling Eyes . soon every st162 in Aus will have a 3sgte and the ones that still have a 3sge will be considered rarities or collectors items. people with start to think these cars came standard with turbos Confused

Should we be worried Neutral
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 27 March 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

. it seems that for some reason most 3sge's are dying ATM

hey! do not SAY such things Very Happy

mate the 3sgte 162 will always be special don't worry Wink
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 27 March 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hah, It's not dying, it's just that to get some more go out of a 3sge you have to spend a lot of money.

I would prefer a beams conversion but the front cut alone is 6000, then I'ld have to buy an mr2 transmission as well and front wheel drive manifold and a whole bunch of things, and I don't think it even uses the same mounts.

The other option is the beams head and setup on the 3sge block... I don't even know if that is possible but that's big dollars as well.

It's all a matter of money for power, and for the best ratio it's a 3sgte all the way.

But none of this will happen for a while, uni makes you broke Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 28 March 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys please help me decide, you all know my car by now right? I found out how to paint brake calipers and rotors the other day and am keen to give it a go since mine are all rusted and look bad behind my wheels.

But what color should I paint them? was thinking either sports blue, Orange, Grey or Yellow, I am leaning towards blue or orange since the interior of my car is blue and I am gonna retrim the fabric in orange. I am not doing red, everyone does red, red's ricey
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 28 March 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Painting them any other colour except black or silver could be considered ricey Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 28 March 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charliechalk wrote on Sun, 28 March 2004 19:51

Painting them any other colour except black or silver could be considered ricey Very Happy

Too true, taken to consideration, maybe dark grey or silver then Rolling Eyes
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 29 March 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
red Razz
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 29 March 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually I have now decided to go orange. cause I seem to be going an orange theme thoughout the car, Normal dark blue vynal and carpet inside, with orange retrimmed fabric, and a bit of grey here and there, want to redo the I/C in orange oneday and now the brakes.

Yeah why not, I can have a little bit of rice considering my car is actually quick. Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 29 March 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

actually I have now decided to go orange. cause I seem to be going an orange theme thoughout the car, Normal dark blue vynal and carpet inside, with orange retrimmed fabric, and a bit of grey here and there, want to redo the I/C in orange oneday and now the brakes.

Yeah why not, I can have a little bit of rice considering my car is actually quick.

yes Joel, you are allowed some rice Very Happy and yes, I belive that orange is the best option you listed mate Smile
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 29 March 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im still looking at the '162s for my next car.
Haven't seen much at the dealers cept for this crappy st model that had 230kms on the clock and was trying for $6999
seen a couple for sale on toymods, my only conditions are that it must be an SX model (only one with 3sge, right??), must me a manual and i would prefer liftback. what standard equipment will i get with an SX?
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 30 March 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why would you paint them orange? just take them off, sit them halfway in salt water leave for a few days flip and leave for a few more days, congrats, you'll have some nice orange calipers haha.... Very Happy Much cheaper too

In an sx, most likely

power windows/mirrors/antenna/steering
a/c (you'll prolly need to regas it when you get it)
4wheels and a spare some seats and a steering wheel Smile

It's pretty much more then you need, who needs a/c Smile

You should also get your little toyota kit, containing a fold out ramp for when you jack the car up with the jack, and the spark plug remover, I only just found that i couldn't figure out how to get them out haha.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 30 March 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough, thats got pretty much everything i need, now to find a good one!
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 31 March 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My sister has a st184 celica, and i love the seats in it they hug you so nicely, they are better and more comfortable than other aftermarket seats like momo OR Recaro which are a lot harder Razz .
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 April 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

Frist problem with my car has poped its head up. I was givin the car a bit of a hard time, but nothing to bad.

I reved it up to bout 4000rpm and let the cluch out and the car took off.

But from now on the car bunnie hops in 1st bad, and a little bit in 2nd when I take off with the accelarator pushed down a bit.

If i rev the car when its out off gear, its revs fine. It idles fine and it sounds fine. If i take of slowly in 1st and 2nd then the car drives like normal.

What do you think I broke?

[Updated on: Thu, 01 April 2004 11:13]

charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 April 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You've got a whole in you intake hose Laughing

just get some plastic tape and wrap it up for that cool silver look haha.. it'll fix it, if that's not it a possible whole anywhere from you afm to your intake ports, i think? not sure where but most likely the first suggestion. *shrugs*
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 April 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx dude, the hose was JUST connected, tiny little push and it came off.

Will fix it tommrow and see if that fixes it.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 April 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad u found the problem,
Good Advice Charlie Chalk

WISO, I was just gonna recommend doing the calipers White... I reckon it would match nicely to the car, without Standing out too much as rice.. But yeah just an Idea...
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 April 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx Charlie Chalk, made my night much more plesent
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 April 2004 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I was thinking white as well, but they will always be covered in brake dust anyways, but they have been done, orange was the final color, and they look pretty scmick behind the wheels. yeah a bit rice it may be, but they match the theme throughout the rest of the car. if you guys saw it now you'd understand.

How many of the 162 boys are coming to Dubbo?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 02 April 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 29 March 2004 17:32

I can have a little bit of rice considering my car is actually quick. Smile

lol KEEP THE BLACK BONNET!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

hey joel are you gunna line up with me at dubbo?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 02 April 2004 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey I said a little bit of rice, not a lot of rice.

Yeah of course I'll line you up again just like last night Rolling Eyes
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 April 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just out of interest am I the only person from melb here?
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 April 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IM in geelong
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 April 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in highett, near chelt if u dont know where that is
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 April 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be at dubbo, the MR2 box should be in by then, if not i will probally be on my bike.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 April 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza wrote on Sun, 04 April 2004 21:01

i'll be at dubbo, the MR2 box should be in by then, if not i will probally be on my bike.

Goodluck with all the Locusts while riding your bike Confused Laughing.
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 April 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys,
my mate and i went to have a look at a st162 yesterday. it was an 86' had a 3s-FE, five speed manual. paint was faded, shocks fealt unhealthy, hatch wasnt sitting exactly flush, air con didnt seem to be gassed, and fifth gear was a bit iffish. it belonged to an asian lady who told us it was her brothers car and she didnt know anything about it. she was asking $2500 for it. is that anywhere near a good buy or what? if i can sell my camry, i was thinking of maybe offering her $1500 because it would more than likely need a lot of work to get properly rego worthy. Oh, and it had these UGLY purple toyota seat covers, what was her brother thinking? Nope
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 April 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

hey guys,
my mate and i went to have a look at a st162 yesterday. it was an 86' had a 3s-FE, five speed manual. paint was faded, shocks fealt unhealthy, hatch wasnt sitting exactly flush, air con didnt seem to be gassed, and fifth gear was a bit iffish. it belonged to an asian lady who told us it was her brothers car and she didnt know anything about it. she was asking $2500 for it. is that anywhere near a good buy or what? if i can sell my camry, i was thinking of maybe offering her $1500 because it would more than likely need a lot of work to get properly rego worthy. Oh, and it had these UGLY purple toyota seat covers, what was her brother thinking?

AHHHHHH!!!!!! Nope RUUUN AWAY run run run...

dude you will be kicking yourself if you buy a 3sfe when you could buy a 3sge somewhere else. This is an ST with 4-stud hubs, no power options to speak of.. puny engine..

please don't buy it Smile is is NOT a good buy Smile 5th gear can be fixed but will cost $400 for the gear if bought new from toyota and about $180 to get installed at a shop. Getting the horrible 3sfe out of the car will cost bit too. Wink

*jedi wave* you will not buy this car
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 April 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man, not a good buy, basically it would be exactly the same as your car but 2 door instead of 4.

So Rob are you coming to Dubbo this year man or what, what about some of you other guys, SMT and Devil_rolla are, how about Sco-77K, and anyone else I may have forgot, are any of you guys from melbourne?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 April 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll just Update u guys on something... To keep u in Suspense....

My ST-162 Celica SX Is EXTREMELY CLOSE............

Keep a look out for the Members car section.....
Surprised Shocked Surprised Shocked Shocked Surprised
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 April 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=113732&current_re c=5&total_rec=20&sort_type=&price_max= 5000&make_id=8&model_id=31&state_id=-1 &search_distance=25
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 April 2004 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I know where highett is, I live in patterson lakes.

So gay, got a parking ticket I have to pay at monash fucking arseholes close half the parking for a revenue raising exercise i reckon, if only it happened last year then it would've only been 20$ not 100$ no wonder I have no money to spend on my car.

And of course they are going to raise the hecs fees as well. Greedy pigs.

oh well, looks like i'll be broke until i'm 30 or something then I won't want my celica I'll want something like a commodore because I'll be lazy.. hahaha... or not. Rolling Eyes
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 April 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is a bargain celica there Adam Smile
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 06 April 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well my car has finally gone to the mechanics to get all the shit wrong with it fixed. Getting my gear box reconditioned to spanking new. Getting 2 oil leaks fixed, one from the engine the other from the power stearing. Getting a new clutch aswell. Now that all these problems will be fixed , keep a look out for some mods coming soon! Very Happy
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 10 April 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,
Ive found another celica that looks interesting. It is a 92, i think perhaps a st185, im not sure. At any rate, it has a 5S-FE, stock (except for basscannon exhaust end which does sfa), 17 inch chrommies Laughing a pioneer deck, a 12 inch sub and two 6 by 9s in the rear hooked up to an amp....and thats it, like no front speakers Laughing

The car itself is in allright nick, engine sounds like its running well. The only problem i found is that the suspension has been lowered and im not sure how well it has been done.

My questions to you people that know stuff are,

1. is this a good buy for $8000?
2. is it a better buy for $7000 or slightly less, without the chrommies and without the sub and amp?
3. if the suspension turns out to be ok, then my only worry is the engine, can a 5S-FE have any balls? coz it certainly didnt seem like it when i took it for a spin.
4. What the hell model is it? anybody? Confused

Thanks for your time
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 10 April 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jinxinferno wrote on Sat, 10 April 2004 20:18

Hey guys,
Ive found another celica that looks interesting. It is a 92, i think perhaps a st185, im not sure. At any rate, it has a 5S-FE, stock (except for basscannon exhaust end which does sfa), 17 inch chrommies Laughing a pioneer deck, a 12 inch sub and two 6 by 9s in the rear hooked up to an amp....and thats it, like no front speakers Laughing

The car itself is in allright nick, engine sounds like its running well. The only problem i found is that the suspension has been lowered and im not sure how well it has been done.

My questions to you people that know stuff are,

1. is this a good buy for $8000?
2. is it a better buy for $7000 or slightly less, without the chrommies and without the sub and amp?
3. if the suspension turns out to be ok, then my only worry is the engine, can a 5S-FE have any balls? coz it certainly didnt seem like it when i took it for a spin.
4. What the hell model is it? anybody? Confused

Thanks for your time

Hey Dude,
The 5sfe 1992 celicas are called a st-184, the 5sfe engines aren't too bad, they have a camry engine i believe, not too shabby engine wise... But yeah the 3sge is a really fun engine, the 5sfe really isn't the same thing... they aren't much slower than the previous celica with the 3sge, ur lookin at a 17 second 1/4 ish stock i believe for a st-184...

NICE as cars
Sounds like an ok deal.. what are the kms like??
Have u considered a 1986-1988 celica SX???
Did u previously own a 11 second 0-100km camry?? expect similar performance like ur 3sfe, just a bit quicker.... That is what the st-184 will be like! Big of a difference to the 3sge
Regards
Adrian
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 10 April 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah ok, well sorry for bringing up an st184 on your st162 thread. it has done 140000ks. what about the 3S-GTE ST 162? did they make one at all?
thanks for info
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 11 April 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jinx stay away from anything with an "F" in the engine code Wink hahaha Smile Well at least when it comes to a celica

that is my perspective on these things Smile
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 11 April 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the 3SGTE ST162's do exist..there called a GT4..ive seen them around for around 7..also id like to add my post is the 162's post Razz Rolling Eyes
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 11 April 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sik sx wrote on Sun, 11 April 2004 15:55

yes the 3SGTE ST162's do exist..there called a GT4..ive seen them around for around 7..also id like to add my post is the 162's post Razz Rolling Eyes

Yeh the model number is actually called a ST165, there was one dude on these forums who had an original one but i think he sold it something. And i think wiso got his 3SGTE from a ST165? They are pretty cheap to import from japan
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 13 April 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am so disapointed, none of you guys came to toynats. (you all missed my impressive effort of running the drags with no traction until 3rd gear, very impressive wheelspin Rolling Eyes) the only person who came was Draza Smile

yes mine engine is from an st165, and no they never made a 3sgte in an st162 from factory, they are all conversions.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 13 April 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note: the ST162's than have had the 3SGTE conversion will henceforth be known as GT2's, also any ST182's and ST202's that do the same conversion will recieve this title.

Rob i want to see u out there at the next nationals to take out the top n/a under 2L. I want as many ST162's and GT2's as we can get to the nationals next year and all entered in the drags.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 13 April 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Rob i want to see u out there at the next nationals to take out the top n/a under 2L. I want as many ST162's and GT2's as we can get to the nationals next year and all entered in the drags.

lol Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed boys I am so sorry to let you all down. Sad I would love that title.. but I wonder if my car is up for it atm.. but my beast ain't let me down yet lol

Yeah you know me dudes I feel bad that I couldn't come but it just wasn't going to happen with uni this year. I didn't get my last assignment in till 3pm... and then I had $$$ work to do Sad

anyway, no excuses, glad you guys had an awesome time and can't wait to see the piccies! Very Happy
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 13 April 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso, you don't have to have the pedal all the way down, it's not digital Smile that might help you gain some traction?

Oh, and if anyone could find me a picture of a gt4 badge that'd be great, I have an idea. Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 13 April 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza wrote on Tue, 13 April 2004 18:29

I want as many ST162's and GT2's as we can get to the nationals next year and all entered in the drags.

Il be there with my ST162 for sure Very Happy.

btw Wiso who owns this car i thought you might know because it has canbera plates Smile, thats pretty much identical to what my car will look like.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/smt7/Cel_st162.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 13 April 2004 09:57]

celicagrrlll
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 13 April 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys. Just thought id say hey and that i had a great time at Toy Nats. Wish there was more ST162's to check out but of what i did see i liked. Wiso and Draza's cars have actually really inspired me. For those who don't know, i have a stock '89' ST162 with front end damage. I was just gunna fix the pannels but I'm now seriously considering getting a ST165 front cut. Sounds like much more fun! So if anyone hears of one available... I have to save up some cash first but. Anyway guys, Toy Nats next year, you've gotta come and you hopefully will get to drag Chardi, aka KYL.13X, in a better state then she is now.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 13 April 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing funny charlie chalk, man you try it, I was running 10psi boost and as soon as 1st gear hit full boost, it didn't matter if I had previous traction, I lost it then. pretty nuts.

SMT yeah man thats benmeyer's ST162 one of the guys in our club, he sometimes posts here as benmeyer do a search.

Dude I saw your car pull up but I just missed you, so I didn't get round to meeting you unfortunatly, ohh well at least you saw my car in the flesh. and I gotto say those rims do suit your camry Wink
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 13 April 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

Currently my car looks like this,

http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/pictures/lipno.jpg

I'm wondering what it would cost to get a lip like the one below, and where would i get one.

http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/pictures/lipyes.jpg

Thanx

[Updated on: Tue, 13 April 2004 23:26]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 14 April 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyota or a wrecker

cost depends where you got it, think about $300 odd mark from the toyman or about $50 from most wreckers, maybe damaged
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 14 April 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All these gt2 claimants - hehe - and more 3sgte's about ..

this is why i had to take the NEXT step too soon .. Cant have all you 2wd front spinners getting all the 3sgte kudos * snikkers *

Wiso - top points for your effort at dubbo dude - to get your machine shows good conversion and even better driving skill! I know how hard these things car go and how ghard they are to keep traction up !

to all the " couldnt go to dubbos " i was one of them - was really keen on going though as you may have read - my engine ( old one that took me to st185 glory at dyno day 7 ) decided to blow its top , and my new bigger faster stronger motor wasnt ready in time

Keen for dyno day 9! and dubbo 2005 !!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 14 April 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way, the pic Doobs posted up was the car i was NEARLY 100% on buying it...
I'll tell ya the specs of what it DID have and why i DIDN'T get it....

175,000kms
New gearbox which was to be put in before he sells it...
Short shifter
Side Skirts, rear lip, Standard Front lip.
NICE AS interior, immaculate
Sunroof was perfect condition, had been fixed up probably, but i prefer it being done than having rust...
New standard exhaust couple of months ago
Engine was pretty good too...
Paint was immaculate
4.9k GRRRRRRR

Now this is the reason i didn't get it......
We had checked it out on the saturday, had a mate check it out on Tuesday, and yeah Thursday we were going to check it one last time and put a deposit on it, But i would want to get RACV check done.... We walk in and he goes "oh someone has put an offer on it for 4.6k without any racv check necessary", and there was no way i'd buy the first car without the racv check, i reckon its a good safety net, it doesn't find EVERYTHING but its worth the money...
We were gonna offer him 4.9k subject to racv, he wasn't interested...
SO i missed out...

DAMN it was nice though..
I just know something out there was worth missing this one for..

Heres a few more pics of the thing...
http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/pictures/P4060028.jpg

http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/pictures/P4060029.jpg
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 14 April 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, i didn't say it wasn't hard Laughing
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 15 April 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like those side skirts Very Happy
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 15 April 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, speaking of ssv stuff, as those sideskirts are I think.

might have a chance to pick up a full second hand ssv kit, minus crap spoiler in a few weeks. Will keep all posted on what's happening as it might be up for sale for a cheap price compared to the new stuff Smile
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 15 April 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Is it just me or are the SSV kit extremly over priced? for what they are its just way to much, or is that the average for a kit?
Pages (63): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:55:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018092155456543 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.