Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 29 November 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Matt,
I'm in the Gold Coast and i think I saw ur car around!b Forgive the dude that shouts a hello if he sees u!!
  Send a private message to this user    
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 29 November 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u can take of that 3 nut exhaust thingy witha realy ong extension on ya socket cause that how i did it cause mine keeped coming off and sounding like a kombi or when off completly a top fuel dragster...

and that rwd i ment to say last page had 50hp @ wheels more than me!

I need a new arial cause my arial is down all the itme now (it fucked since day one of getting it) and my CD's are getting boring so i'm turning back to radio when i have signal!

Nezza Cool
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 30 November 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 19:06

Hey Matt,
I'm in the Gold Coast and i think I saw ur car around!b Forgive the dude that shouts a hello if he sees u!!

Well I live in Benowa & I'm always driving around the Southport/Benowa/Ashmore/Molendinar/Parkwood areas so if that's where you've spotted an ST162 like mine then it's probably me!

What do you drive mate and where are you? That way if I see someone shouting and waving I won't look at you funny...... Laughing

-Matt
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 02 December 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt, you can undo the flange with a really long extension but its still a prick.I took mine off at the head coz the bolts were all seized up and i had to hacksaw/drill them out. Doin the sump is a real prick of a job, takes ages if all your bolts are seized, have to modify/drill holes in sump if new one is different gen, you get gasket goo all over the place and after everythin you still have to go around and bolt shit back on. then u later find your alternator is in the wrong spot and u shred a belt. other than that its all gravy!

Oh, and my arial got knocked off by my drunk mate one night so it doesnt work coz its not there, but the motor still winds and powers up when i switch on the HU.Im gonna get one of those 'invisible' arials and put it across my rear window, fiberglass up the hole in the rear spoiler and paint it.Whatya reckon of that idea?
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 03 December 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah when I was looking up from underneath I figured a long extension would make life easiest there, not sure what length extender bars are available but I guess I could chain a few together to reach. I think the bolts in that area always end up seized, might have to spray WD40 on them every day for a week before I tackle it.

I did start to undo a few sump bolts before I gave up, but none of them were seized or anything. I did notice in one place there was a nut instead of a bolt - looks like one of the holes was stripped once so a stud has been threaded into the block instead. It is actually this position that I suspect my leak is coming from, the drip always forms there........hmmmm. I'd just like to get my engine swap done NOW and solve all these problems at once!

Rear window aerial sounds interesting, heard about them but never used one myself. I'd just check and make sure that rear demisters dont interfere with them though. If you do go ahead and do this, keep your old aerial - I suspect it's the motors that fail on these things all the time so since you'll have a working motor left over it might be worth something to someone down the track.

-Matt

warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 03 December 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt

the configuration of the sump is designed with a couple of nuts, its not just yours mate. as for the nuts on the manifold just make sure you arent using made in TIAWAN sockets and that the socket has a very tight fit into the nut and it should be OK. if you are not that confident about it take it down to a garage and ask him to loosen the nuts using an air ratchet and not to tighten them that much just until u get home.

BTW . no luck with the radio mate and will try to find that front engine mount on the weekend.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 03 December 2004 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey fellas,

As most of u will know by looking at my sig, I own a SX celica, I have drove it for a year now, and i think i need some more power Razz.

I have a few options and I'm wondering what you's rekon i should do.

1. Do some basic mods to it and leave it the way it is
2. Sell it and get something quicker aka ST185 GT4
3. Do the 3SGTE conversion or drop a later 3SGE in it
4. Do something else not listed

What do you rekon. I love the car, I just want to have the extra power there. God i wish i had a st165 gt4.
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 07 December 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thourght i keep the thread ont he first page for fucks sack i mena the aw11 are betting us.....

Umm my car atm is making a knocking sound when u take off and like come off the clutch and shit and when u on highway and boost is upa dn u go ona nd off throttle real quick! i know engien mounts they all good and it comes from right near my accerator foot when driving..down there..

The gearbox does sit a bit ont he north-south cross member (so i thinking aobut getting a new cross member! and would the sound be that from the engiena dn shit touching the member then hitting the east-west memeber and then feelign it fromt eh 3 huge bolts under my foot!

i'm thinking of rjsut goign to pepders or soemthing get them to look at hear there carp about what not broken and i need new shocks or something and see what they think of that sound!

Nezza Cool
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 07 December 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got new rims, but had to raise my car at the fornt due to the wider tyres scrubbing majorily. what springs do people have that works well with wider rims? i had peddars and they were not quite as low as king spring super lo's but im not sure if just lo's would rasie the fornt enough.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 07 December 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need to get new Rims too, my 17" R34 style is really too hard core for me Very Happy

i'd like to get some 16" and white
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 07 December 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drft spec - st167 wrote on Wed, 08 December 2004 08:59

i got new rims, but had to raise my car at the fornt due to the wider tyres scrubbing majorily. what springs do people have that works well with wider rims? i had peddars and they were not quite as low as king spring super lo's but im not sure if just lo's would rasie the fornt enough.

I had 15x7" rims (up from 14x6" stockos) fitted to my car earlier this year, while still on the stock suspension, and when I took any corner at reasonable speed with the slightest bit of body roll the front tyres would start to rub the guard. The front struts were pretty tired too which I'm sure didn't help matters.

A couple of months later I had 30mm lowered Kings Springs and new struts fitted, and this helped a LOT. I had to take corners insanely fast to make them rub now, since the body roll had been reduced so much.

If you look under the lip of your front guards you will see the cut out on the metal that is already there, I enlarged these on mine by folding more of the metal up under the guard to give more clearance. No probs at all now.

-Matt

PS - the pic in my avatar was taken prior to being lowered.....I must update it one of these days!

[Updated on: Tue, 07 December 2004 23:02]

drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 08 December 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx man, yeah i try king lo's wen i get the money, atm my back tyre is level with the guard and the front is got about 1.5 inches guard space. but measring the floor pan of the car it is exactly level .

yeah i fitted new struts and shocks awhile ago so my fornt in doesnt have to much roll but too much for my 205 16 45 tyres with super lo springs,

atm i just enjoying my car not riding on bump at the front stops even though it looked sik,
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 08 December 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just did those guard space measurements on my car so you can compare, I had about 0.5" at the back, and 1.25" at the front. These are from the guard lip to the tread surface of the tyre. (Tyres are 205/55 R15) No idea if my floorpan is level but it looks fine to me.

When I had the springs fitted, the front was slightly lower than previously, while the rear lowered quite a lot more, made a BIG difference to the look at the back. Since they are 30mm lowered springs all round I can only guess that my front springs had sagged a bit!

-Matt
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 08 December 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do these cars have bump stops? I went to a wrecker today to get some as pedders said mine were missing. We checked two cars and couldn't find any? I picked up a trailing link too - previous owner has hit something hard and bent the passenger side one so much that it fouls on my wider tyres! Confused

Also, while we're talking about it - did you guys who lowered your cars use shorter stroke shock absorbers? atm I'm looking at lowering 30mm and getting new shocks to match.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 08 December 2004 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah andy they do have bump stops o are at least meant to have bump stumps.It seems that they have a tendency to fall off in these cars, dunno why but everyone seems to be missing a few.I was missing both rears but had new ones put in when i got my suspension all done. Short stroke shocks are the way to go if you're lowering but that can be exy.Modified bump stops and short springs seem to be whats going around these days, or even normal stroke with short springs (not healthy tho)

What difference would gettin the guards rolled do?Anyone had this done and have pics of it? This would stop those wider tyres scrubbing wouldn't it?

Cheers
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 09 December 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even if they have bump stops they r mostly stuffed , mine r in but if htey were out it wouldnt make that much diff because they have had it
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 09 December 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I wont be able to use the stock height bump stops if i go lower will I? Only shorter stops I've found so far are from Whiteline. Any idea which companies make short stroke shocks? So far I've worked out that Monroe only make GT Gas front shocks, Pedders have a Sports Ryder rear shock (and can custom make the front) and KYB make both (at a price). Whats the best 'bang for your buck' setup in you guys opinions?
Coomer
Occasional Poster

August 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 10 December 2004 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,
Have you guys ever replaced the speedometer gear that goes into the tranny on the models equipped with the 3S-GE?

I got my new gear in from Toyota, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to replace it. Does it go into the firewall-side of the tranny? Also, do you have to access this from under the car to replace it?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 11 December 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey coomer!

you should have your new lights by now yeah?

I have done this before (see THIS thread

I depends what toyota actually gave you I guess. If all you got was the nylon gear then you have to tap out the old one and swap them over. Bit of a pain though.

However if you got the rod + gear = sweet, take off your E-W crossmember, undo the little bolt which holds the tab which holds the speedo down into the box and lift the speedo straight up and replace whatever.

Either way actually you have to do the above paragraph.

Just not sure what exactly it is they gave you mate so hard to answer you.
Coomer
Occasional Poster

August 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 11 December 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool! Thanks for the help...I'll have to do this tomorrow morning. I did get the full pin with the gear from Toyota. Smile

And unfortunately, I haven't gotten the funds yet to buy the indicators. Today I finally got my starter fixed(had to get the brushes inside it replaced, then replaced the constant +12volts wire with a larger brand new one.) I also changed the oil and tranny fluid, and most recently I bought the replacement speedometer gear from Toyota. But soon I plan to get the lights. Smile
Coomer
Occasional Poster

August 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 11 December 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So far I've taken out the crossmember and I took out the following bolt and little metal piece.

http://www.ccoomer.com/88gts/photos/12_11_04/speedometer_cable_bolt.jpg

Is this the "little clip that is screwed onto the tranny and slides into a groove on the gear unit?"

If so, do I have to unscrew the top gold part(circle shaped with grooves), and then just the black cable and the top gold part comes apart from the bottom gold part(hexagon shaped) and the silver part?

Sorry for all the questions...I'm mechanically retarded.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 11 December 2004 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Coomer!

sweet you're almost there!

No you don't have to unscrew the top part actually the whole unit just pulls straight up now (only need to unscrew that if you are replacing the actual cable itself)

you may have to wiggle it a little as the o-ring can be tight but push/wiggle it vertically up and the whole section with the gear will come out (ie the whole bottom part of that assembly just slots into the gearbox)

Then you just push out a little clip and the rod+gear slides out!

easy peasy Wink
Coomer
Occasional Poster

August 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 11 December 2004 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info...I just got it out. The thing is, the speedometer gear looks exactly like my new one...it has some clear fluid on it and a bit of dirt(from pulling it out I think), but the teeth are all perfectly intact.

And I know it's not the upper speedometer cable either...does the middle one ever break?

Man I hate this car... Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 11 December 2004 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you pulled it out and the teeth were fine! that sux.

well you could try unscrewing that top bit with the grooves where the cable meets the rod+gear, I guess that is the only thing left! Confused
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 11 December 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are actually 2 parts to the speedo cable...one that is about 20cm lond from the gearbox to the cable...that one is the most likely to be your problem . the rest of the cable goes from that 20cm lond bit to your instrument cluster. thats how the aussie ones are..not forgetting that ours are longer because we are right hand drive...not sure of U.S.A model though
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 13 December 2004 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 I would love 17in R34 style rims cause they thin type spokes and they like 5-6 in number and they dark..gun metal/black!

And is that a ssv kit...post soem huge photos of ya car with them rims! Cool

Nezza Cool
Coomer
Occasional Poster

August 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 14 December 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone ever installed any speakers in the doors of their Celica? I just ordered some 6.5" JBL speakers and I'm going to have to install them somewhere sometime soon.

It's either kick panels or doors, but I'm leaning towards doors because I like my dead pedal Wink

Do you guys have any photos or ideas on how I could go about doing this? I'm thinking of using wood and fiberglass to replace the map pockets on the doors. Smile
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 14 December 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heys guys
sorry to change the subject, but i think im having troubles with my ignitiong it takes approx 10 seconds to start up evwerytime, half the time doesdnt start at all, it is a new battery so thats not it, when i turn my lights or air con on it idlkes so low it stalls, i know i need to turn my idle up but surly there is another way to stop this crap a machanic i know said it is most likly iognition, anyone got any idea of how i fix this - ie process what to take off etc, i know i need to clean the contacts points, but wha/where are they.
thanks heaps
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 14 December 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your in the same situation as i am in

your ingition motor has fucked out
sometimes it works a charge, sometimes it doesnt

its usually about 150-200 for the part
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 14 December 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coomer. you could install door pods or you could do what my nephew has done to his car. heres a pic

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/DSC023371.jpg

sik_sx and djcouger.

this happened to my nephews car recently and we took it to and auto electrician and he installed a relay to boost the power from the battery to the starter motor. it cost him $30.

sik_sx get the alternator checked out to see if its is pumping out enough amps.

Karl
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 14 December 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats pretty good how u installed the speakers, but with the pocket still there it would be muffling alot of the sound...
Coomer, check with Wiso and Nezza (3sgte_man). they have done some custom door pods. wiso has a pic of his in his webpage i think. Smile
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 14 December 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he was restricted with the fact that he has manual windows. and they are mounted quite well and dont muffle at all. if you have power windows you could mount it higher. he originally wanted to get door pods but couldnt find any to suit and the only other option was to get some custom made which would be quite expensive.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 14 December 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey fellas,

Finally got my new tyres today, got some bridgestone potenza G3's, DAMN they are good tyres.

This is the first time since ive had the car that its had decent tyres on it, FARK its soooooo much better to drive. I highly recommend them.

I notcied that there was talk above my post of mounting speakers in the doors, BEWARE in a celica with central locking there is a C/L control unit right where you would put the right (Drivers side) speaker, its just a matter of relocating it but i dont know where ud move it to...

Cheers fellas, once again BRIDGESTONE POTENZA G3's are fucken awsome.
Coomer
Occasional Poster

August 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 14 December 2004 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Warrior, thanks for the pic. Smile Did he have to cut the metal behind the door panel? Also, does his car rattle a lot, or does it sound good?

Aust162, wiso's link to his website no longer works, and I couldn't find any users by the name nezza or 3sgte_man. Wink

Sik sx, does your car crank for the whole ten seconds until it just barely stutters to life? My 3S-FE-powered '88 Celica(now my little brother's future car) does that, and I think it's the cold start injector. You might try pulling that out and cleaning it with brake cleaner(let it soak in some for a while.), then putting it back in and see if that helps. Wink
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 14 December 2004 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior why doesnt your cousin just remove the pockets?

i was thinking about doing the same thing
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we were going to remove the pockets...but it didnt effect the sound very much so we said lets keep them on and if the sound starts to vibrate or muffle then we would remove them....no need to though Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys

I am in need of a ST162 rolling shell, hopefully with minimal rust Smile I am rebuilding the engine I bought off Warrior and need something to stick it in! Very Happy

Let me know if you know of one around Wink
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coomer wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 11:23

Has anyone ever installed any speakers in the doors of their Celica? I just ordered some 6.5" JBL speakers and I'm going to have to install them somewhere sometime soon.

It's either kick panels or doors, but I'm leaning towards doors because I like my dead pedal Wink

Do you guys have any photos or ideas on how I could go about doing this? I'm thinking of using wood and fiberglass to replace the map pockets on the doors. Smile

I was quite impressed with how the previous owner mounted them in my boot. I'll take a pic this arvo and show you!
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 17:07

hey guys

I am in need of a ST162 rolling shell, hopefully with minimal rust Smile I am rebuilding the engine I bought off Warrior and need something to stick it in! Very Happy

Let me know if you know of one around Wink

Yeah i got one rob, haha, but you can't have it Laughing
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that because on only this forum i'm 3s-ge man cause i can't change it!

but yeah i made my door pods my self......... so i'll load a pic on the net and linky it... i can't find one atm only my ones in the making i'll take more soon!

Nezza Cool
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Yeah i got one rob, haha, but you can't have it

lol yeah yours is freaking fantastic! (good springs too Very Happy) but somehow I think it is getting it's own fully sik little surpise under the hood reallll soon Very Happy
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeps just finshd the conversion here she be http://images.cainer.net//uploads/cooler-engine.jp g" border=0 alt="

http://images.cainer.net//uploads/cooler-engine.jp g">

http://images.cainer.net//uploads/coolercar.jpg

http://images.cainer.net//uploads/coolerdump.jpg

the 3sge manifold.. tops
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad nice dude nice!!!!

interesting you kept the gen1 intake manifold.. just for wiring and ease of conversion??

looks hot with the cooler though would love to see it in action!

good work Very Happy
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
makes more sense to keep it.. the plenum is bigger and the throtle body comes out the side so not as much heat soak.. just finished tuning it and it doesnt lean out 1st cylinder so thats good...
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bolts directly on... and if ur runin an aftermarket ecu u dont use ne of the vacum hoses etc except for the brake booster there all blockd up
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 15 December 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neone wants cooler pipes done in brisbane pm me.. 450 - 500... stainless mandrel bent same as my pipes includin all silicone clamps etc
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 16 December 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey if my head gasket has blown or cracked or whatever, will that create a high pitched noise when you accelarate? or is that just from the pod filter?
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 16 December 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam i can't wait till i can get the money to put my front mount in. I just spent $100 on a piece of hose from the AFM to the turbo. Dam thing was sucking air threw a hole after the AFM.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 16 December 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
100 bucks coulda got a stainless one made for that
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 16 December 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seen a white st gt2 last nite neone on here around brisbane

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2004 23:47]

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 17 December 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I took those photos of the speakers installed in my boot:

They're mounted vertically along the sides of the boot, on the outside of the wheel arches. The previous owner also put two Kenwood 4" splits in the place of the stock rear 4" speakers.

I don't have a CD player currently in the car, so I've never tried out the setup, but it seems pretty neat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/jledley/Stuff/Cars/P1217_121410.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/jledley/Stuff/Cars/P1217_121330.jpg
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 17 December 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how loud r they with the seats up?... stil loud or muffled a bit
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 17 December 2004 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was one of the rubber hoses with a bend in it, i could have gotten silicon but it was $180.
takahashi
Regular

January 2003

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 20 December 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok my drivers side door is giving me this shits something chronic. I am being defeated by a damn door. Power window motor died i have a new one thanks to warrior, and now my door has decided to permanently lock itself shut. I can't manange to unlock it no matter what i try. Mind you i have no door trim and my window is out of the way i have the best access to the lock i could possibly have and i cant hit anything to pop the damn door open argh!!! frustration is driving me crazy.
Can someone help me!!! or where would you recommend me to take the car to have these problems fixed?
Mind you im on a fairly tight budget hence why i try do everything myself but i think ive goto accept defeat on this one.

Can anyone offer me help?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 20 December 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Berad, If you're after sound quality the best option would be a sturdy parcel shelf. Plus you'd save cutting massive holes in your trim. You'd probly get better bass from buck's setup tho?

I picked up my springs and shocks the other day, just need a few more bits and pieces and Im good to go! Very Happy
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 20 December 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the door locked and you cant unlock it, or is the handle just not working? Check for any loose link rod things, you might have knocked one out when changing the window reg. I think there are 2 that come out of the door latch - one to the lock barrel and one to the door handle. There are other rods connecting the outside handle and lock to the inside ones, sometimes they pop out of their pivots and the whole lot gets muffed. Look for any rods that seem to be hanging loose and try work out where they go? Good luck! Smile
takahashi
Regular

January 2003

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 20 December 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the quick reply.
Ok i'm not too thick haha, i understand how it all works generally. The top inside rod that controls the lock/unlock little lever is jammed onto lock. Therefore the outside handle is rendered useless, the inside handle useless and key useless and i can't unjam the damn thing! I cant really work on the window with the door closed either haha. Argh bloody cars! haha.

How much do u rekon it will cost for somneone else to fix it... im so way over trying anymore haha.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 20 December 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, soz man. Embarassed Im not sure what it would cost, but i suppose a mechanic or locksmith could fix it. Did you find whats jamming it? You could try drenching the lock with WD40 or something? Does your car have central locking? If so, it could be the solenoid stopping it from unlocking.
takahashi
Regular

January 2003

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 20 December 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha thats alright. i just wanna rip my door off right now lol.
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 20 December 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
well brad man if u want to i'll make you a MDF shelf like mine that fits good and that if u can get me that cooler for the same price as u!...

Nezza Cool
Pages (63): [ «  <  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:58:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018440008163452 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.