Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 18 March 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 01:17

I'd say your starter motor is on the blink dude (whoever was asking)

Oh by the way - my car was almost back together, but then it rolled into my house! Yes - it was maybe 25% my fault that it rolled into the house, the other 75% faultage is due to the curse that the car has on it.

So now there's about $650 worth of panel damage to get fixed up as well as sorting out a few OTHER new problems that seem to keep cropping up.

By the way - how hard is it to crack the gearbox off these things and put in a new clutch? I noticed StuC seemed to get it done pretty quickly, I guess it's a case of remove left wheel and hub/driveshaft etc then remove the gearbox mount and unbolt the bellhousing? And take out anything else that gets in the way? Does the RHS d/shaft come into play at all?

man I would ring a priest and get an exorcism done on the car.

from my experience I have always chose to remove the right drive shaft. its hard enough to align the gearbox and push it into place without having to contend with the drive shaft there as well.

bad luck with car...did u leave the handbrake off or something?
  Send a private message to this user    
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 18 March 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 20:31

starter motor turns over really sluggishly, battery volts are ok, over 13 volts majority of the times, when i put fuel in the car it turns over slow as well, not sure if its a fuel delievery issue or possibly the alternator is not charged well to send power to the starter motor when cold start? anyway just want to see your thoughts on this..

PS: the car runs hard, but starts like a bad egg..

Dude,
It could be your battery. Try a battery from someone elses car.
If that doesnt fix it, probably the solenoid is rooted.
Putting a relay in won't help. That's what a solenoid is anyway.
The solenoid contacts burn out. You can buy new contacts from Toyota or file/clean the 1s you have. Either way you have take out the Starter motor.

The Alternator charges the battery, but only when the motor is running.

See RobST162 he might have a spare for sale.

Cheers
T.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well for those that have a gt4 front bar... did yours come with an antenna installed in it?

mine does for some reason, wondering what its orignal purpose was for... and what would be the best way to get rid of it
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt-itude wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 13:07

well for those that have a gt4 front bar... did yours come with an antenna installed in it?

mine does for some reason, wondering what its orignal purpose was for... and what would be the best way to get rid of it

antenna in the bumper??? what the... dude are you on drugs?

ah, or am I? hmm

and, I got a starter motor here if someone needs one, I have given 1 away two more to go! hehehe
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will get a pic later... rob, how bright are your foggies? and how did you wire them up.

the antenna is there so the asians can see the front of the car i am led to believe now.
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car has issues again..........will bet someone they haven't seen a bigger puff of smoke from a car. good news is that its not gasket.....hasn't blown anything interior of engine. which i suppose is a good thing considering recent rebuild, which than leads me to ask.....WTF did that smoke come from.
Me think its a EMS problem, with engine running lean. stopped the car for a while than started it again and it seemed fine....

the questionm i ask is.......has anyone here had problems with their EMS? solutions? i asked about a/market comp b4 but had no success. anyone???
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 14:31

Matt-itude wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 13:07

antenna in the bumper??? what the... dude are you on drugs?

ah, or am I? hmm

and, I got a starter motor here if someone needs one, I have given 1 away two more to go! hehehe

Yo i might need one possibly (starter motor), i'll get it double checked first off before i let you know.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 22:37

ST162GT-R wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 20:31

ok guys heres one for ya tech heads, ok finally got my car back from the engine rebuild, but now when i start the car up from cold the starter motor turns over really sluggishly, battery volts are ok, over 13 volts majority of the times, when i put fuel in the car it turns over slow as well, not sure if its a fuel delievery issue or possibly the alternator is not charged well to send power to the starter motor when cold start? anyway just want to see your thoughts on this..

PS: the car runs hard, but starts like a bad egg..

Julian.
you can run a relay to boost power to the starter which will make it crank over faster.
it could also relate to the fact that your battery is not powerful enough. how many plates etc.

Matt.
that bumper looks sexy Very Happy . do the side bits have a metal bracket behind for fixing onto the guard? and I dont see the black strips that sit on top of the side bits that house the orange indicators, the GT4 black strips are longer and thicker.

Karl

Karl

Well i had a relay put in like ages ago which fixed my non starting motor issue awhile back, but maybe the engine builders forgot to put it back on possibly that, and the battery has been the same one i've used since i bought the car, its only starting like crap since i got it back from the engine builders, me thinks i should return it to get the darn problem fixed!!

Julian
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah anyone got a spare battery i could borrow for like 5-10 mins as well?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
future reference info lol

aus delieverd distrubtor caps and jdm caps r different in contact surface jdm 8mm aus 5mm.....

so now i need new leads and possibly a new rotar button, the setup i am using atm is aus delieverd dizzy cap , jdm leads (squashd into the hole lol ) and jdm rotar button i am not havin much luck it will only spark when it wants to i dont know weather the rotar button is different or my ems ecu is playing silly buggers becuz of the dizzy cap lol but either way it is not running atm and its givin me the shits....

just thought id ramble on for a min haha
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 17:45

Oh yeah anyone got a spare battery i could borrow for like 5-10 mins as well?

dude you can easily check if the starter relay is there.. is there a relay on on the circuit between your starter and the battery

I haven't got a spare batt dude

it's thier problem
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok I need your help:

Bolt-on Seat Upgrades
What are my options here?
I don't want to be dealing with custom rails etc etc and I want a nice toyota look.
I see my shortlist as being:
1)GT-Four ST165 Seats (unlikely)
2)White lightening seats or import (maybe)
3)MA70/71 Seats (would love to see if these fit)
4)MA61 Seats (no electrics Sad )

What you guys think..
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think your going to get any seats to fit in unless there from a 162 without custom rails, celica rails r different to most cars so its not usualy a case of swapping rails
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmmm GT4 Leather power seats....*drool*

I've been driving the 165 around lately, it's fun, pity it's only a matter of time before the big-end bearing goes again Sad
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish we could get those leather mr2 ones
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob-st162
I've got the Geniune White lightning bucket seats in my celica.. The cooler thing is these were in the celica before the white lightning came out coz they came as a factory option (a rare one i hear) in my 1986 celica sx...

They are pretty bloody comfy, shits on the other style by heaps, better support around corners, comfier feel...
But this was before i got a drive in a st-185 with some work done on the engine (including rebuild and a few extras) and 14psi.. OMG they go well haha. the seats from the st185 are easily the best seats i've sat in, and frankly the best seats ever (I know there are probably comfier but i like the fact that they are from a celica) and would very easily change mine over for a set, the lumber control is awesome. u can tuck urself in the seat, it could honestly break someones ribs they are so strong.. Very Happy

I've been seriously considering the 3sgte upgrade to the st162, but yeah its a bit of an expensive option as my engine is still in pretty damn good nick (rebuild at 200,000, now on 294,000kms)
but its amazing how cheap turbo power is..

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and by the way for a while now i've been complaining about my engine mounts feeling very soft. U can feel a really harsh knock whenever u lifted off your accelerator. Felt like there was somethign seriously wrong in there.

So i replaced the front engine mount and it got a tiny bit better, soon after it came back just as bad and even worse, it just kept gettin really uncomfortable to drive...

So I decided to replace the rear one with a mount that i found at the wrecker, i got a brand new one for $33 at the wreckers, well it wasn't BRAND new but it was in top nick, must be only 2000-3000kms.. found out once i got to my mates place that it was actually the front mount not the back. But yeah once my mate started removing the crossmember we were to find something very very bizzare...

The reason my car was vibrating so much was due to the fact that the engine mount wasn't even attached properly. it was actually loose. VERY loose...

WE tightened it up and it works bloody awesome now. i didn't even need that other engine mount

Funny story hehe!!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey on a offtopic
Whats the celica 3sge like in revving, i mean like would they take usual visits to 6 grand pretty ok?? My gearbox is in quite good nick and never really crunches.. but i'm always to scared to downgear into the tvis range at around 4500 rpm ish...
just sounds a bit strange and stressin when droppin from 3rd at 3500grand to 2nd it will be at like 4500, perfect for a nice takeoff from about 55-60 kms but yeah i love the feel of it pulling..

And yeah i'm wondering what the improvement should be on gettin extractors on a st162 celica SX with 2.25" exhaust and k&n panel filter..

Just wondering what performance increase and rev ability..

Cheers
Adrian!
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 18:32

ok I need your help:

Bolt-on Seat Upgrades
What are my options here?
I don't want to be dealing with custom rails etc etc and I want a nice toyota look.
I see my shortlist as being:
1)GT-Four ST165 Seats (unlikely)
2)White lightening seats or import (maybe)
3)MA70/71 Seats (would love to see if these fit)
4)MA61 Seats (no electrics Sad )

What you guys think..

One name......BRIDE
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 19 March 2005 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please explain!?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 March 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Hey on a offtopic
Whats the celica 3sge like in revving, i mean like would they take usual visits to 6 grand pretty ok?? My gearbox is in quite good nick and never really crunches.. but i'm always to scared to downgear into the tvis range at around 4500 rpm ish...
just sounds a bit strange and stressin when droppin from 3rd at 3500grand to 2nd it will be at like 4500, perfect for a nice takeoff from about 55-60 kms but yeah i love the feel of it pulling..
Try double clutching???? As for revving the engine, well - it's up to you, there's no doubt about it that the more your rev an engine the closer it gets to the end of it's lifetime. Don't get me wrong, if you let an engine idle for 10 years it'll probably wear out too, but it's about the *rate* of wear.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 March 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen, i got it done quickly cos i wasnt on my back the whole time!i had it up on a 2 post for the whole time. Yeah the right driveshaft has to come out too. BAsically undo the hubs(which may or may not involve a massive breaker bar or pole to jump on!) rip out the driveshafts-both of them and then undo bellhousing, remove starter and all cables/linkages etc. I found it easier to take out the airbox,mounting plate and undo eveything from the top. Just make sure when you're putting the box back in that the clutch plate is aligned perfectly or it wont go in and you'll be at it for hours cursing!!! If your gonna do it take your flywheel to get faced and i recommend buiying a clutch kit which will give you a new pressure plate, clutch plate and release bearing. I suspect that my bearing was really rooted and i think whoever put the last clutch in didnt clean the surfaces coz they were very glazed and werent even.

Let us know if you need any more help.
PS-what the fuck?Your car rolled into your house.Sorry to hear dude
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 March 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt-itude wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 02:51

please explain!?

as in ...fit a Bride seat and not sorry about other ones!!!
iddavid
Newcomer

March 2005
  car not going
icon14.gif  Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 March 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be interested in this, 3GSE please send me the details.
I am in Sydney. So any ideas on freight?
Regards
David
iddavid
Newcomer

March 2005
  car not going
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 March 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was reading about the slow starter motor problem. I had the problem on my st162 3sge 1st gen. I even changed my battery. This helped a bit. Then one day I had the problem and I could not start the car.
Locked the car, walked to the Taxi rank, got in.
The driver turns around in his seat, holding a HAMMER in the air.
????? I wondered.
He popped the bonnet, made some engine tapping sounds and then got back in the taxi and started it up.
Curiosity finally makes me ask why?
Starter motor problem was the answer.
U-turn, back to my car. It works on Celicas too.

So I had a mechanic change the starter motor and it was heaps better. Just before my engine died, I was having the problem again. I am looking for an engine and you have just reminded me that I also need to do the starter motor.
Thanks, I am in Rydalmere. but I better get the engine first, it might come with the starter motor.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 March 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iddavid wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 21:37

Regards
David

but bride seats = custom rail job + $$$$

are they nice for cruising? I take lots of long trips

iddavid -> sure mate if you need a starter let me know.. make sure they fit a relay 4 it too
iddavid
Newcomer

March 2005
  car not going
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 March 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ESP ? http://www.thisplace.com.au/building/mt_penetrol.h tm
surface preparation for paint that stays flexible, supposed to make paint stick to anything, even glass.
see the link.
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 March 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matty!! hook me up with these gt4 front bars Very Happy Razz

pm me with some info please
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 March 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC - I gotta take the gearbox off the GT4 - that's not going to be easy I think. It's absolutely massive compared to the 162's gearbox. Plus i have to do it on my back, on my own - $10 says that something goes wrong but that's the price of trying to do stuff that shouldn't be done by one person Smile

And yeah - what the fack? My car rolled into my house, I'll upload a picture sometime later today, for now I gotta get cracking on that GT4.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 March 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iddavid wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 21:09

ESP ? http://www.thisplace.com.au/building/mt_penetrol.h tm
surface preparation for paint that stays flexible, supposed to make paint stick to anything, even glass.
see the link.

i aint gunna be able to help u, just ring all toyota wreckers around ur area. i heard there is one in victoria tho... not quite sure which place but
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 March 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quick question: Will a set of extractors and v-pipe off a JDM (3S-GE) ST182 or ST202 bolt up to a gen 1 3S-GE? I think this has been answered before but i cant find it. Thanks!
iddavid
Newcomer

March 2005
  car not going
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 March 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just for looks, putting wider offset rear wheels on a ST162. What does it do to the handling. eg, leave front wheels at standard track, but increase rear wheels track using wider offset wheels, by 6cm total?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 March 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah - here's the pic of the car in the house - I know TRD_ST162 was looking forward to this.

http://home.bigblue.net.au/pwade/ST162_indahouse.jpg

You can see how the very steep slope in the background is somewhat to blame for the damage factor Smile The front left is pretty annoyingly beat up, and the headlight has moved fractionally over, and the sub-frame at the front got damaged. To top it off, those side bits off the front skirt were brand new (until they both got damaged going over the edge).
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 March 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car-into-house aside, the Celica looks good on that angle Smiley =

I'm not going to curse you by asking if anything else could go wrong, but it seems that you've copped more than your fair share.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 15:10]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 March 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
electric aerial from 162 4 sale on eBay

I know these are exxy for those of you who have broken ones

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;category=10428&item=4535346528&rd=1

edit: and a hayes manual too!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=45572&item=4536722704&rd=1

these are quite good as far as manuals go.. i have one

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 23:10]

matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 March 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iddavid wrote on Mon, 21 March 2005 19:29

just for looks, putting wider offset rear wheels on a ST162. What does it do to the handling. eg, leave front wheels at standard track, but increase rear wheels track using wider offset wheels, by 6cm total?

Don't know what it would do to handling, but 60mm is a pretty big track increase. Increasing the track by changing the offset like that will put greater strain on bearings and suspension because you are increasing the lever arm that transfers the forces through so keep that in mind. You would also need to check the legality of it too. For example in QLD you can only increase track width by a max of 26mm (ie 13mm each side). If you start modifying your car outside your state regs then insurance companies won't touch you if you make a claim.

I can understand where you're coming from though, the back wheels on ST162's do sit noticeably inboard compared to the fronts. (The front track is 1465mm, the rear is 1430mm.) Fitting wider rims helps to fill the guards a bit, and lowering makes it look better too.

-Matt
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 March 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=matt86sx wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 11:49]

...The front track is 1465mm, the rear is 1430mm....

huh I didn't know that.. so from factory they are actually thinner at the back! yeah they sure do sit further in!

I will have to do something about that Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 March 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha - there's no way anything else can go wrong Rolling Eyes

If you widen the rear track you will probably make the car understeer *more*
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 March 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 12:05

Hahaha - there's no way anything else can go wrong Rolling Eyes

If you widen the rear track you will probably make the car understeer *more*

understeer? I dont' know the meaning of that word any more Razz

yes I can see that, and then I can guess why toyota pulled it in a little..
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 March 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=RobST162 wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 11:51]
matt86sx wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 11:49

...The front track is 1465mm, the rear is 1430mm....

huh I didn't know that.. so from factory they are actually thinner at the back! yeah they sure do sit further in!

I will have to do something about that Very Happy

Yep, got the numbers from the specs page at the back of my ST162 sales brochure Very Happy

Even though I'm a mech engineer (my job has squat to do with cars though) I'm not sure why they are set up like that - maybe it's a FWD thing? Better for the driven wheels to have the wider track or something perhaps. I'm not sure what effect the relationship between front/rear track has on handling etc, but if someone knows it would be interesting to read for sure.

-Matt
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 March 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 23:21

iddavid wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 21:37

Regards
David

but bride seats = custom rail job + $$$$

are they nice for cruising? I take lots of long trips

iddavid -> sure mate if you need a starter let me know.. make sure they fit a relay 4 it too

Bride's are good and comfy tho sweating becomes an issue in hot weather! worth it.............YES!!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 March 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but me got no money! Sad

Hey guys, are there supposed to be lights behind the controller for temperature and fan and blower settings? You know where the clock is and all...

I just don't know
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 March 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes Rob there are meant to be lights but if yours is like mine the globes are blown - to fix it you have to pull out the unit and replace the globes. I tried one day ages ago, when i first got my car but couldnt get it out and havent tried since.Twas a fair bitch from memory but the manual makes it look so easy!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 March 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to see the car FWD-Boy, it shouldn't be too bad..

Hey StuC
Did u say u changed ur CV boot?
Mine is leakin and i need to replace the driver side one.. reckon I might be able to get a hand at some stage maybe to change this one?

How much would they cost for a new boot usually?

Does anyone know what sort of increase extractors would make on my car.. I've also got 2.25" piping!
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 March 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would anyone have a spare set of wheels that i could borrow for a day?
i might be taking my car to a open track day at wakefield on the 4th of april. but with my tyres i scrap alot going around a round-about, so you can imagine what would happen with me on a track?

so please dig deep Smile
i might even be willing to swap someone standard wheels for 17" wheels for a day Razz
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 March 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 01:11

Hey StuC
Mine is leakin and i need to replace the driver side one.. reckon I might be able to get a hand at some stage maybe to change this one?

Does anyone know what sort of increase extractors would make on my car.. I've also got 2.25" piping!

I got new cv boots for mine for a lousy $15 bucks with cv grease too. but more for fitment obviously coz half the engine needs to be taken apart Razz
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 March 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 01:11

Hey StuC

You won't get massive increase in power from extractors, but they are a must to expell the gases from your engine so it doesn't cause back pressure which is the result of power loss.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 March 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seriously had it with fuckin cars lol

first off i had no spark
so i replaced , dizzy cap , rotar button , leads , coil

like over 300 bucks later ... now i have no fuckin fuel.... fuel pressure regulator is readin the right pressure but its not gettin into the fuckin engine i doubt the injectors r locked but i guess they have to unless me ecu has reset somehow? any ideas b4 i fuckin throw it in the bin
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 March 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well who ever said it was the battery that was the problem of my car starting up like crap is the winner!, change the battery and the car starts up without hesitation.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 March 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 09:39

would anyone have a spare set of wheels that i could borrow for a day?
i might be taking my car to a open track day at wakefield on the 4th of april. but with my tyres i scrap alot going around a round-about, so you can imagine what would happen with me on a track?

so please dig deep Smile
i might even be willing to swap someone standard wheels for 17" wheels for a day Razz

might be able to help ya out dude Smile

got family stuff this weeekend, but email me rob@hyperstudy.com
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 March 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for those with the st162 gt4 fronts...

how did you mount the side plates?? they don't fit properly to the st162 and im wondering what mods you need to do to make them fit?

thanks for all ur help
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 March 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt-itude wrote on Fri, 25 March 2005 22:29

for those with the st162 gt4 fronts...

how did you mount the side plates?? they don't fit properly to the st162 and im wondering what mods you need to do to make them fit?

thanks for all ur help

you can drill your guard and mount them, or get some sheet aluminium or something and make a custom bracket. That's what I did.

BTW guys SSS here in sydney has a S165 Nose Cut. The bar is pretty old up, but it's all there, except he said he didn't know where the side pods are, so you may be able to get it real cheap
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 26 March 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you see anything wrong with just removing the screws and pop thingys???

i think theere would be enough to mount it properly?
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 26 March 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey fellas,

Im after a starter for my car, neone got one they want to get rid of?

If so speak up Razz

Also I need the 2 larger hoses going FROM the "bit on the engine that the top radiator hose connects too" TO the firewall. The part numbers would be very very helpfull also

Cheers fellas
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 26 March 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there heater hoses they run to the heater core under the dash... just go to ur local car shop and buy heater hose worth nothing...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 26 March 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doobs wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 17:33

Ey fellas,

Im after a starter for my car, neone got one they want to get rid of?

If so speak up Razz

Also I need the 2 larger hoses going FROM the "bit on the engine that the top radiator hose connects too" TO the firewall. The part numbers would be very very helpfull also

Cheers fellas

yeh I gotz starters Smile
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 26 March 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
front bar is on
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper10.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper11.jpg
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 26 March 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ho baby that is HOT!

did you make your own brackets? did you get the blinker strip thingy too with it?

nice that you got one in the right colour!

10 points matt! Very Happy
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 26 March 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 20:42

ho baby that is HOT!

did you make your own brackets? did you get the blinker strip thingy too with it?

nice that you got one in the right colour!

10 points matt! Very Happy

it came with the brakcets but we had to modify them a bit as i was not a fan of drilling into the 1/4 panel.

i painted the bar myself actually

heres the timeline

http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper1.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper2.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper3.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper4.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper5.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper6.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper7.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper8.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper9.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper10.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/bumper11.jpg
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 26 March 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Good work...they look great!!
Pages (63): [ «  <  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:28:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.021261930465698 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.