Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 24 April 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
super low king springs
some dark ass window tint
exhaust
and some 17inch wheels if u got the funds

and drive it Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 24 April 2005 10:02]

Send a private message to this user    
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 24 April 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also get a front lip on it - the car needs it.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude is that an ST?

anyway, put a lower front lip on it pronto! Wink

nice car mate Smile
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get some stocko SX mags for it, huge improvement.

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sleeker162 wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 11:40

get some stocko SX mags for it, huge improvement.

I *think* it's an ST dude = 4 stud
Meetch
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its an ST with a SX spoiler on it. I got a front lip for it i just took it off for a little to get under it.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in that case sell it and buy a sx
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft who cares if its an st or sx... wats the difference between the 2 besides the engine.. and how much difference is there power wise... sweet fuck all i think
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rear drum brakes, and unless its a top of the line ST, less features. Air con, for example, wasn't standard in the STs.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This has been discussed heaps of times on the forums before. Razz
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
15kw power difference Smile and i think 10ft.lb of torque?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so u gunna sell for 15kw? and no air con .. i took my air con out lol.. smeh
Meetch
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I aint selling Neutral
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good neither would i... do that up...
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was sooo close to buying cheap 5hole enkei arashi rims for my st before i realized it had 4pins ... *grrr*
anyone know if it's easy to switch the lot to 5pin?
Meetch
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know if i can lower it, when i go out of a driveway the bottem is out already lol Sad
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im prove ur drivin... never say to low i never hit nething and i got superlows and a 3inch exhaust... besides speed bumps but u cant help that lol
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my air temp sensor finally came for the ecu.. might get some better fuel economy now although u cant get much worse than 280k's from a full tank lol... sensors for aftermarkete ecus are so expensive... 380 bucks next for the o2 sensor
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Wed, 27 April 2005 16:14

my air temp sensor finally came for the ecu.. might get some better fuel economy now although u cant get much worse than 280k's from a full tank lol... sensors for aftermarkete ecus are so expensive... 380 bucks next for the o2 sensor

how many TIMES do I have to SAY this.. Mad

http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/oxygensens ors.html
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narrow band o2 sensors r not veen worth having... i cant tune off a signal that says.... lean or rich

and if thats oldcorolas site hes sold them all anyway
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this may seem like a really dodgy question,, but can anyone give me a rough description on how to get the stock front seats (esp drivers) out ?! they're bolted in by bolts i cant get to with ma different un-bolter stuffs, and screws i cant get to wiv screwdrivers Razz
im trying NOT to break anything too =P
the best i've gotten is to undo the front of the bottom part so it can rotate upwards (so the up is facing the back) and i can get to the front screwholes on the amp, but cant get to the back ones properly :/

n if there is any hidden nasty reasons as to why i cant screw my ampy directly into the floor underneath it, would be grateful if u told me now- before i do it =P i checked n cant see anything, but u guys noe the 162 a LOT better than me.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mithy wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 04:49

this may seem like a really dodgy question,, but can anyone give me a rough description on how to get the stock front seats (esp drivers) out ?! they're bolted in by bolts i cant get to with ma different un-bolter stuffs, and screws i cant get to wiv screwdrivers Razz
im trying NOT to break anything too =P
the best i've gotten is to undo the front of the bottom part so it can rotate upwards (so the up is facing the back) and i can get to the front screwholes on the amp, but cant get to the back ones properly :/

n if there is any hidden nasty reasons as to why i cant screw my ampy directly into the floor underneath it, would be grateful if u told me now- before i do it =P i checked n cant see anything, but u guys noe the 162 a LOT better than me.

dude you sure you taking the right things apart? Just take the two bolts off the back and two off the front "feet" (12 or 14mm socket) and then I think you have to kinda lift it up and slide it back off it's little raily thing near the center console. It's like a 5 minute jobbie! Smile
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well dats wat i thought!! it *should* be a 5min jobbie.. i mean hey, they're just seats...

but i just couldnt figure it out lol.. ima take another look on the w/e Wink thanks mate
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Taking the front seats in and out is under a 5 minute job.. in that time i can take out and put back my bucket seat!! I think ur looking at the wrong bolts mate!!

For anyone elses interests sake.....Four's N More here in Adelaide has offered to fit into my car a Microtech ECU, for $1800....perhaps a little over but around $1800. This will be done in under 4 days and will include fitting and tuning. I am considiring this although still waiting on developements from RWDboy on his ecu!!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I was expecting alot more interest than I'm actually getting Crying or Very Sad

Maybe I smell funky? I showered today I swear.

If anyone missed the last post then check out here if you want a cheap programmable ECU for your ST162 -> EOI : ST162 Owners! Group Buy - MegaSquirt ECU
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the seats have 5 bolts.. all are 14mm.. one at each corner of the seat and one bolts to where the tail shaft would go if it was rwd...
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh right.. the main ones that screw into the chassis/floor. i c. Razz

wat it looks like i was doing was trying to take the seat off it's rails, and the plastic cover thingo on the lateral sides of the seats is blocking that.. n i couldnt get the tilt wheel off to get the plastic off.
(i did this like, many months ago, n left it half-in-pieces since. took another look today)
there is no problem unscrewing the main bolts and screwing them back into the floor as far as sealing goes? OK Wink
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sealing is fine dont worry about that
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay, i had another go at taking them fkn seats off, n remembered why it was i hadnt taken the bolts out before: they're practically welded in.
i got a big 14" spanner, n smacked it around with a hammer n everything- couldnt budge a single bolt. in the attempts tho, turned the bolt heads into almost perfect circles :/

wats the best idea now? im thinkin of hack-sawing them off, then getting new bolts to screw them down. job for saturday.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no d00d lol get a breaker bar with a socket u dont use spanners for that shit Razz.... get a socket and ratchet or breaker bar.. dont hack saw them off if you cannot undo those bolts Razz u cannot tap new threads .. did u use the ring bit of the spanner dont sound like it
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, well i decided to put a Atmos BOV on my 3sgte swap. (i borrowed a mate turbosmart VEEPORT) Well its bloody loud and the car sounded like a Bus Laughing and it ran OK only an occasional little "pop' backfire between hard gear changes..(running stock ecu/AFM still)

But it did last long.. it took me 5 days until i got pulled over and fined by a cop. Sad $169 fine, no points. no defect or anything. i was pretty lucky actually considering what he could have done me for.
ohh well shit happens hey? Very Happy

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atmo BOV on AFM == bad Very Happy
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, i must admit it felt as though the car was bogging down abit between the gear changes.its already running REALLY rich so the atmo bov wasn't helping.the noise was a bit of fun while it lasted though. Smile
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh right yea that would help. Embarassed
honestly, make fun of my lack of knowledge as much as u want,,, as long as u tell me the best way to do stuffs, im happy lol
i admit i dont know shit.
so breaker bar and sockets should work? ok Wink
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh heh, bad road for cops that one eyy? Remember adrian got snapped by that speed camera just around the corner? Lets stay away from there in future. Rolling Eyes

Upon removing my engine i noticed my front and rear mounts were stuffed (like spinning around in the metal stuffed). Before ordering replacments i thought i should check the others - the RHS one is cracked straight through and the other just a little torn. Im gonna have to leave that one as I just cant afford to replace it! Andy gave me a camry one to use at the front and some sikaflex to fill it (greatly appreciated Cool ) but I'm still up for 2 more - $325 if I go genuine parts!!! Shocked Had no idea a lump of rubber and metal could cost so much.... I paid less for my transmission!!!
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed
I have engine mounts...which one do you need. and i will have a look and see if i can find a good one . and wont be any where near new $$$.

Karl
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 30 April 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks - PM sent. Smile
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for all you guys that want your celica to sounds like a rexy, just take one of your dist leads off,

this happened to a mates car last night as he gave it a bit (probally redline), the lead jumped off and the car went brbabababa,

Laughing
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer that sounds tops i hope you were jokin or id jump through the screen and slap u

smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Andy that road was terrible..
last time i show u and AustST162sx how good a 18mm whiteline rear sway bar goes on a celica hahaha...

My extractors are coming on tommorrow..
I found out they are factory items from a jdm 3sge

Does anyone know how they got 117kw from the jdm 3sge?

Thanx
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, the extra power comes from a higher compression ratio( 10:1 i believe) compared to our 9.2:1
As they have better fuel its also tuned for 100 RON and so has higher fuel maps and more advanced timing (16 BTDC i think)

Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 18:22

Yep, the extra power comes from a higher compression ratio( 10:1 i believe) compared to our 9.2:1
As they have better fuel its also tuned for 100 RON and so has higher fuel maps and more advanced timing (16 BTDC i think)

Is that heads labelled "yamaha" ? i was going to say the higher ron fuel too.
Also the extractors probably too Adrian! Very Happy Laughing
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, everybody's online! Razz Adrian, now you'll have to get that JDM ECU! Evil or Very Mad

Can anyone say for certain whether or not the ST thermofan mounts to the front of the radiator? Nobody seems to know 100% The Corolla fan just isn't doing it for me.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2005 08:36]

warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat.

the ST fan fits perfectly outside the A/C radiator. it is identical to the st165 3sgte fan..

Karl
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the sx fans bolt to the front thats where mine are and i got a front mount infront of them so they will fit fine u just need to cut the bottom tag off the fan and it will sit perfect
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or instead of cuttin the tag off, just put it in sideways.
Meetch
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might be off the subject but, are the 3inch chrome muffler box at sprint auto anygood? they are like 100 bucks and i dont no if they would just be a waste of time. Just need it to sound good.
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmm, my muffler alone costed $450...too bad my mechanic dented it for me..... Mad but I have not heard a N/A 4cylinder sound this good. not meaning to brag...but it does sound mean!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meetch wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 22:35

Might be off the subject but, are the 3inch chrome muffler box at sprint auto anygood? they are like 100 bucks and i dont no if they would just be a waste of time. Just need it to sound good.

Hey man nice car u got there,
Not quite sure what peoples ideas are relating to cannon mufflers, I honestly don't know whats wrong with a DECENT redback muffler..
I've got one on my car and i reckon they sound sweet,

with 2.25" piping, resonator and a redback muffler people tell me it sounds like a rally car, quite decent volume.

I really hate chrome mufflers, for $100 u could get a decent redback muffler, for $100 they will sound very tinny and without any meat.. Like the civics with cannon mufflers!
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys a lil of topic, but seeming as its an st162 Razz i just dropped my price by LOTS to sell my car, i think most of u have seen it ? but yeh now would be perfect opportunity to purchase the best st162 in OZ i say for sale for this kinda price, as its perfect and had so much spent on it its not funny, so if anyone wants a 4th gen heres ya chance,
k cheers Very Happy
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 04 May 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey fellas, i got new tyres yesterday. 195/60/14's bridgestone potenza GIII's. really nice tyres. my swap actually can grip off the line now! its amazing what a good set of tyres do for a car. Doobs- u have the same tyres too. what do you think of them?they wear ok?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 04 May 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much they set u back for a pair?
Meetch
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 04 May 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Show me a pic of your redback muffler please.

I love the chrome muffler 3" look mad Razz espesially when the car is droped on it ass.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 04 May 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aust162 wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 13:16

Hey fellas, i got new tyres yesterday. 195/60/14's bridgestone potenza GIII's. really nice tyres. my swap actually can grip off the line now! its amazing what a good set of tyres do for a car. Doobs- u have the same tyres too. what do you think of them?they wear ok?

They are great tyres, although thay are pretty soft, so they ware qiucker, but it nothing too bad.

But as u said they make the car handle so much better
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 05 May 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've decided to replace my standard computer with the Microtech!! However, it wont happen probably until mid to late July!
So, bumpity bump bump to the Megasquirt from RWDboy! Smile
also, i've decided...
I'm going for 120kw at the front wheels!! with luck....and still NA
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 05 May 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got the bridgstones for $117ea. Very Happy
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 05 May 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 09:35

I've decided to replace my standard computer with the Microtech!! However, it wont happen probably until mid to late July!
also, i've decided...

whats wrong with the megasquirt? a pooload cheaper and just as good i believe
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 05 May 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 11:35

also, i've decided...

Woah, 120 at the front wheels, achieveable yes, think you'd need to do everything possibly though to achieve that without turboing it, what are you putting at the wheels at the moment?
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 05 May 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
turbo it Evil or Very Mad
Pages (63): [ «  <  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:03:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018665075302124 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.