Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt86sx wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 14:24

Damn Rob, what is it about your car that just seems to compel people to drive into it all the time?? First the Prado incident at the servo and now this!

Are they going to take responsibility for it? Covered by their insurance? Keep your chin up man, hope it gets sorted quickly.

Matt

I know how crazy is it! I actually laughed amidst my pain. Insurance is all sorted thanks to the most awesome insurers in the world, shannons

I guess people just get so insanely jealous when they see my car they just have to try and wreck since they can't have it...

Razz jk
  Send a private message to this user    
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 14:27

I guess people just get so insanely jealous when they see my car they just have to try and wreck since they can't have it...

Haha yeah that could be it!

I know how you feel though, back when I had my first car (KE30) I used to park it on the street and my neighbor backed into the front guard. Got it all fixed, 6 months later or so a house is being built across the road and one of the tradies backed into the SAME guard! The guy at the body shop laughed out loud when I showed up the 2nd time, we both saw the humour in it!

Well in the words of Delirious (a band I'm sure you know), "Every little thing's gonna be alright". Hey if nothing else it will build character!

Matt
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt86sx wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 14:40

RobST162 wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 14:27

Haha yeah that could be it!

I know how you feel though, back when I had my first car (KE30) I used to park it on the street and my neighbor backed into the front guard. Got it all fixed, 6 months later or so a house is being built across the road and one of the tradies backed into the SAME guard! The guy at the body shop laughed out loud when I showed up the 2nd time, we both saw the humour in it!

Well in the words of Delirious (a band I'm sure you know), "Every little thing's gonna be alright". Hey if nothing else it will build character!

Matt

Adam at windsor was like "noooooo".. Smile

heheh that's so funny.. you will NEVER guess what band I am listening to in iTunes right now.. that's crazy.. I didn't know you knew Delerious

Yeah.. what doesn't kill ya! Well hopefully it makes my CAR stronger Razz
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And actually this is the THIRD incident, not the second. Smile
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh man rob not again.. Farr mann whats with people hitting ur car... Your car must stand out... LOL
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there too busy staring at it they dont turn the steering wheel or touch the brakes! Razz

Thats sucks man, its decent hit too!very lucky you caught the guy Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2005 05:12]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where r these pics of 18's give me offset, width etc im lookin at 18s but dunno if they will fit in the guards with superlows
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All info will be coming soon when I get a lil better. Tyre size is 35/18R/215

Rob sorry to see that once again Sad bad luck fella

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark rob that sux yet again dude.I think its time for a new spray job - to hi-vis fukin yellow or something with fluro flashes.maybe then people wont hit it and will steer right away.

Mmmm, 900 bux doobs?Get rear sway bar and bushes, king lows coz im pretty sure berad's right.And some KYB's will cost ya a touch under 600 from whiteline.

so list:
KYB's : 600
King Lows: 250
sway bar: 190
bushes 40

then your brakes 150ish + pads

start saving buddy. But id def recommend that whole list

Catcha
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 13:38

I refuse to take my car out in public any more..

so I am out buying a burger, I hear a crunch.. I turn around and voila!

freaking ghey

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06978.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06979.jpg

jeez Rob, u need to keep a rabbits foot hanging from the rear view mirror mate, you have had a run of bad luck lately, as the saying goes all things happen in 3's and this is your third in the last few months. so its all good from here, at least it didn't hit the GT4 side bit, imagine trying to source one of those again Shocked

thats a nice setup StuC has recommended and will definitely make the world of difference.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob rob rob, do you park behind people or something?

just give me ur gearbox... i will give you cash!!!!!

bad luck buddy, it must suck to have all this stuff happen, but hang in there

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2005 11:28]

GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob, would you like me to bring you some flowers for your sorrow??? on the way home from uni tmrw >>?? 12 roses do the trick! lol ,

man thats sooo unlucky to hear !!!!! atleast its all fixed insurance wise

nick//
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt-itude wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 21:27

just give me ur gearbox... i will give you cash!!!!!

take a ticket and stand in line, i have ticket 1 Razz
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 18:24

Fark rob that sux yet again dude.I think its time for a new spray job - to hi-vis fukin yellow or something with fluro flashes.maybe then people wont hit it and will steer right away.

Mmmm, 900 bux doobs?Get rear sway bar and bushes, king lows coz im pretty sure berad's right.And some KYB's will cost ya a touch under 600 from whiteline.

so list:
KYB's : 600
King Lows: 250
sway bar: 190
bushes 40

then your brakes 150ish + pads (**$100**)

start saving buddy. But id def recommend that whole list

Catcha

Got $1500 sittin in the bank so ill get it done asap
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also you'll have a few options with the rear sway bar- ie adjustable, non adjustable and 18mm or 22mm thick. THe fronts are the same too i believe.Also, have a look at getting a camber kit into it as well.I have one and it lets you dial in camber....duh, but will give u a bit better turn in and stability through sharp turns.

Does make a difference, i swear!

Are u gonna stick this in yourself?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man Rob - that sucks major ass! I think ST162s just have this thing about panel damage and retarded incidents that shouldn't happen Wink

You know - for all the whining about taking heads off of ST162s, I dare people to try putting the power steering pump back in, on their back, in the mud - with only a spanner and a 14mm deep socket + wrench with the N-S crossmember still in.

I tell ya....I'm not f****n doing that again in a hurry!

Only a coupla things left to do and then the most dinged up stock ST162 will be back on the road.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and no cheating by taking lower control arms out and stuff Razz
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I almost cried when I had to do that on the old engine. After an hour of screwing around I realised that I could undo the fittings at the OTHER end of the line and drag it all out in one lump. Laughing One of those ratchet style box-end spanners would've come in handy!
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know the feeling, those power steering pumps are a frickin pain to change, 4 hours to remove and replace Mad but that was in the garage on a nice flat dry surface. how could you bare having mud in places it ain't suppose to be Embarassed , i bet you made a few extra dents in the car from the frustration Razz

Karl

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob mate you must have a big red Bulls eye target on your car that only the public sees, terrible shame.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 07:28

i bet you made a few extra dents in the car from the frustration Razz

Laughing I know this feeling.. there are broken bolts, busted relays, bent wrenches and threaded screws spread in a radius around my garage. I found that throwing things far away kinda released the tension!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys are so nice... you can ALL come to my pity party hehehe Smile

nah thanks.. yeah won't be fixed for a couple of weeks so I will just have to get around with a semi-opening door till then

I think I must have a sign "hit me" on the back or something

at least it's never been structural/chassis/engine stuff

fortunately I have never had to do my ps pump.. but I sure am not looking foward to it!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 06:58

i bet you made a few extra dents in the car from the frustration Razz

Karl

hehehe luckily I have some panel damage that needs kicking back into place Wink

As for the removing the pressure line at the pump end instead of pulling it through - I can soooo sympathise with that, sometimes you are working on something and you just can't quite see the easy way to do things, so you are sitting (or lying on back) going

"man if I can just get the spanner to..." *clang* spanner falls on floor, fumble around pick it up...

"now if I can just get the spanner to...d'oh" *clunk* spanner falls on head, after fumbling around a bit....

"now if I can just get the..."

45 minutes later...

"AWWW F***ING SPANNER WHY DON'T YA F****N F***ITY GO ON THE F***ING C*** F****NG BOLT YOU SPASTICATED PIECE OF S*** EEAEAAARGGGH!!!" *clunk* spanner falls on head for 30th time.

then *epiphany*

"Ohh - that's how you do it." (then Mr Hyde turns back into Dr Jekyll, the Hulk turns back into Eric Bana etc etc blah dee blah)
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know if I would be able to install everything, I would love to, but I dont think I have the know how.

Im going to get some quotes from some suspension places, see how that goes...
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
springs are easy, i did mine no worries, just have to buy a spring compressor and that, sway bar couldnt be much more difficult i shouldnt imagine, let us know wats brand and prices u get for em dude . correct me if i am wrong ???

nick.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are some temp pics, I dident want to post em before i had the paint work done but ahwell. And the pictures are shit quality.

http://users.cyberone.com.au/doobs/wheeltemp1.jpg

http://users.cyberone.com.au/doobs/wheeltemp2.jpg
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock springs i take it?

looks the money though nice work

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2005 05:43]

CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like, now for the record, we sould do a photo shoot one night, 2 hot cleek'as in one small town, (igoring the black one of fullboost.com and my mates dumped one)
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno, on one hand...it looks excellent....on the other..it looks too big! Confused but lower the car by at least 2 inches and it might all turn out!

news on my car, Microtech is going in, in about 3-4 weeks. why that long?
1. parts need to arrive (3weeks)
2. exams will be over in that time

total cost will be no more than $1600
*jumps for joy*
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got the intercooler today Very Happy I didn't waste anytime,i put it on straight away.just have to take it to the exhaust shop tomorrow morning to modify my piping and put the rest of the car back together.

heres some pics:hope there not to huge!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Andrew8502/ICpic2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Andrew8502/Picture009.jpg
car being pulled apart

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Andrew8502/mr2cooler.jpg
old leaky mr2 cooler..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Andrew8502/cooler.jpg
New IC being held in place (its properly mounted now Wink )
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fukin awesome man! Can't wait to see it. Very Happy
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, my gt2 goes for rego on monday, ill get some pics up shortly.
Meetch
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 04 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just found out that with the insurance im on. I can not do any modifications to my car untill im 24. When i am 24 i can only do 2 modifications....

Is there a decent insurance company that likes mods? if so. TELL ME!!!

Cheers
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 04 June 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just cars mate ! anyone can get insurance for turbos, imports, anything with unlimited mods as well on the cover, Very Happy
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 04 June 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey need help asap,
my celica (3sgte conversion) wont down shift through the gears.
it up shifts fine, nice n smooth, but wont change back down, untill the car is stationary. everything looks to be correct, clutch has good feel / pressure,

i can select all gears when car is running and stationary, same as i can select all gears when car is switched off, both the gear selection cables are moving correctly, slave cylinder is moving. everything looks n feels fine cept i cant downshift.

gear box doesnt crunch on up shift, very smooth.

someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pm me back or call me 0438 187 797

cheers jesse
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 04 June 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, thats a very odd problem you've got there. DOes t crunch when trying to downshift?both when off or car started?The only thing that i could think of was that your detents and interlock mechanisms are a bit farked. Does it lock up and stall or just not change down?
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 04 June 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just doesnt change down, can find a "gear" when double clutch on down shift with rev match, kind of falls in but has no drive,

once speed drops right down will crunch into gear with enough force on selector
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 04 June 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooooo intercooler is so shiny, like the size as well... paint it black and go stealth... nice little sleeper Wink

meetch, what counts as a "modification"
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 04 June 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meetch wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 10:46

I just found out that with the insurance im on. I can not do any modifications to my car untill im 24. When i am 24 i can only do 2 modifications....

Is there a decent insurance company that likes mods? if so. TELL ME!!!

Cheers

Shannons = the best EVAH
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 04 June 2005 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sleeker162 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 16:17

just doesnt change down, can find a "gear" when double clutch on down shift with rev match, kind of falls in but has no drive,

Solution is simple - take gearbox out, fix it, put gearbox back in Razz

Wish I could help ya, you got me stumped big time on this one!

Oh and for everyone else - my car is finally running! Yay!
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 04 June 2005 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sleeker162 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 16:47

Did you buy a new box with the motor? Maybe the linkages got knocked about in the transport process and they're not applying enough force to shift the gears down? Did your shift cables get kinked at any point during the swap? What fluid are you using in the gearbox? It might be a number of things, but I'd be getting a professional's opinion on it before going back to the company that sold if to you and asking for an exchange.
Meetch
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 05 June 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much is shannons and Just cars. Just for thirdparty, fire and theft?

Cheers
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 05 June 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn power steering fluid is still leaking. Now the pump is dry as a bone, but the rack is leaking like crazy - grrr!

For those interested, my MegaSquirt still hasn't arrived - possible because my money order hasn't gone through yet.
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
QUESTION FOR ALL ST162 OWNERS WITH 17'S WHATS YOUR SPECS ON YOUR WHEELS

i am looking to get a new set , my old ones were 17x7.5 OFFSET 40, tyres 205.40.17 and they scrubbed badly, was just wondering if every celica owner wif 17;s could post their rim size, style (piccys) and offset !!! oh and tyres

and if anyone knows of someone or is selling a set let me know !

nick//
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Nick,

When you say they scrubbed, was the inside of the tyre rubbing on the strut (this will happen with the rear tyres on 162's) or was the outside of the tyre rubbing on the guard (usually with the front tyres)?

Check this thread out on ozcelica, a lot of ground was covered in this area:

http://www.ozcelica.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148 9

You may have to become a member if you aren't already (apologies if you are a member and I haven't recognised you!)

-Matt

GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome, i attempt to sign up to oz celica.com and it has an error sending my activation email and now it wont let me use my login name or email to sign up again coz i am already a member but i cant access my account ! yay ! gotta love computers !

anyways i ll try and get into it tonite again , cheers for that but could ppl still post em up on here if its cool !!!!!!

nick//
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your kidding !!!! tried to sign up again to ozcelica.com using another email addy, and it happened again !!!! no way !!!!

could someone on those forums please PM me one of the administrators email addy's so i can get in contact and ask him to fix it !!! all i wanna do is find out wat wheels will fit Sad

cheers nick
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The biggest annoyance with my car atm i believe, is the locking.
I just am gettin fed up with puttin my damn car key into the door ! Razz

What can everyone recommend as the easiest (read: cheapest) way to get remote central locking into an st162?
I know you can buy those "kits" from shoddy looking places that are sposd to be one size fits all. Are they worth it? Or should i try and source something from toyota?
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*shrugs* The one I got was 300$ installed for an immobiliser and alarm/keyless entry.

If you can find one I'ld suggest the cheapest way would be to get remotes and sensors and wire them into the central locking, if they come with instructions (could be tricky don't really know).
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dun hav central locking on it atm, i'd need the mechanism for that too Neutral

$300 for immobiliser and alarm and keyless entry? that's alrite i guess... u can claim that as a tax deduction right?
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GBC_069 wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 18:17

your kidding !!!! tried to sign up again to ozcelica.com using another email addy, and it happened again !!!! no way !!!!

could someone on those forums please PM me one of the administrators email addy's so i can get in contact and ask him to fix it !!! all i wanna do is find out wat wheels will fit Sad

cheers nick

17x7' MAK Sting 215/40ZR17 Toyo's
with lowered springs and swaybars, strutbars, doesnt scrap
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mithy wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 18:49

The biggest annoyance with my car atm i believe, is the locking.
I just am gettin fed up with puttin my damn car key into the door ! Razz

What can everyone recommend as the easiest (read: cheapest) way to get remote central locking into an st162?
I know you can buy those "kits" from shoddy looking places that are sposd to be one size fits all. Are they worth it? Or should i try and source something from toyota?

a $60 kit from Jaycar (not even sure if it's that much) plus a hour or so of wiring and bingo

You can have mine when I get my alarm put in if you like Smile
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure about tax deduction, but if you tell your insurance company they will lower your premium (only for alarm/immobilisers usually).
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well guys i put my car for sale on the forum and jorrs snapped it up in 11 minutes Shocked .

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=71125&rid=5064&S=2b7dbb4c0633d93b07ac375 fbd7fb955

put a deposit on it electronically and will pick it up this weekend Sad , i still havent run the turbo in. really sad to see her go, but its for the best. i will be getting another st162 very soon. afterall i do have a life time supply of parts for them Razz . will keep you guys posted on the outcome, but today is a sad day. (for me anyway)

Karl
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to a wrecker and nab the factory power door locks from an SX (will be cheaper than new parts and will bolt straight in). Then go to jaycar and get a basic remote central locking / alarm kit and you'll be set.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 06 June 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 23:12

well guys i put my car for sale on the forum and jorrs snapped it up in 11 minutes Shocked .

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=71125&rid=5064&S=2b7dbb4c0633d93b07ac375 fbd7fb955

put a deposit on it electronically and will pick it up this weekend Sad , i still havent run the turbo in. really sad to see her go, but its for the best. i will be getting another st162 very soon. afterall i do have a life time supply of parts for them Razz . will keep you guys posted on the outcome, but today is a sad day. (for me anyway)

Karl

well thanks for TELLING ME! Mad

Wink sad day dude hope your doing alright! Smile
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the widest you probably should be looking at is 17x7, with the correct offset and tyre size, you should have no troubles with them fitting in.

can anyone tell me if rear st185 callipers and rotors are worth spending money on, and are they are direct upgrade?
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat was the offset on your 17x7's dude , i had 40 on my lowered springs and it wasnt good

rob - if he doesnt end up buying your remote entry dude i will def !!!! talk soon

karl - sad to hear sad to hear ...... shaking head .........

nick.
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GBC_069 wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 11:00

wat was the offset on your 17x7's dude , i had 40 on my lowered springs and it wasnt good

Hey Nick, PM'ed you the email for ozcelica administrator.

I agree with Matt that 7" is the max width you can really go to on ST162's before running into strut rubbing problems at the rear. That's for the standard offset though, which is +39mm for these cars.

I have 6.5" wide rims with +39 offset (205/55/15 tyres) on mine and there is about 5mm or so clearance between the inside of the rear tyre and the strut. Bonbon has 7" wide rims with +39 offset (and 205/40/17 tyres) and he reckons that the tyre is so close that only a sheet of paper can pass between the tyre and strut at the rear. Strut rubbing is not usually a problem at the front, there is much more room between the tyre and strut there. This is because the rear wheels sit further inward as standard (look closely at your car from the front and you can see this) as the front track is 1465mm, rear is 1430mm. At the front you are more likely to encounter guard rubbing issues, something else you have to consider but usually solved by rolling the guards.

It's worth trying to stick with the standard offset - changing it will alter the track width which may turn out to be illegal. Certainly try to avoid increasing the offset above 39, as an increase will bring the rims further inward, making it more likely to rub the strut, and a virtual certainty to rub if the rims are 7" (or more) wide. You can counteract this with spacers, but these are usually illegal as well.

This is discussed in much more detail on the ozcelica thread, so I won't repeat it all here. Hopefully you'll be able to sign up sucessfully pretty soon.

-(the other) Matt
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
matt-itude -> You might be better off just upgrading the pads and the rotors you use. As much as better surface area, or greater force from the brake piston does help - sometimes it's not economically worth it, depends how many 200km/h - 60km/h braking efforts you do in a day though.
Pages (63): [ «  <  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:10:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022511005401611 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.