Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 22 June 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just put on accesories, and yeh paperclip it and watch the console,
easy as
  Send a private message to this user    
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 22 June 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, i know its in the wrong section, but i have 3 identical pod filters that i collected to get rid of, they are no name brand but let me tell you this they are a lot cheaper than $140 K&N's, they need a slight clean or i ll blow em out wit the air compressor for ya
brand is TFI Racing pod filter, in original packaging, $20.00,
just to see if anyone is in need of a pod, as i have no need, have one on mine at the moment, definate power and less restriction when you hit 4500rpm or so, when pod's do their work.

if anyone is interested, send us a PM and go from there, cheers guys, nick.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these MIGHT be ok for n/a cars, but throw them on a turbo, and it'll suck the guts outta em. K&N are only $80 for a pod filter.
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn man , dono where u get your prices from but northshore, sydney its a different story ! from what i can find !!!

but anyways if anyone wants one, make an offer , cheers nick.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep 80 for k&n ... and no power increase front hem my friend not in the standard spot anyway... my advise is buy a k&n panel filter there the money for standard airbox stuff but the pod does add a kewl note to the tvis
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well put it this way, one of these pod's in the std location, with some cold piping to it, and it has noticebly given less restriction when hitting high rev's and also makes exhaust sound louder.

i also previously had a UNI FILTER in the std airbox, no avail if you ask me !!!! that cost me 60 god damn !!! anyone wants that one too.

<kcin<
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer uni filter wat is that shit? lol... k&n or dont bother i say
trd3sg
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys

just an update on my car - im yet to do the gen 2 swap and figured i might leave that til later in the year - for now i have to do the clutch, cv's and brakes which ill be doing this weekend fingers crossed

on another note - i have added to my sound system

here are the specs now:

*sony cd headunit (old but awesome - new sony sucks)

*kenwood 6x9's (came with car so didnt wanna change)

*5" splits in standard locations up front with tweeter in sail - these also came with car when i bought it so didnt bother changing)

*2x 12" Cerwin Vega DVC subs in separate ported boxes these are rated at handling 450wrms each - awesome i luv em

*Response 2x150wrms amp running subs (actually pumps out bout 250wrms to each sub in current bridged configuration to two 8 ohm loads paralleled - ie amp sees 4 ohms in bridged mode)

*Avalanche 4x100wrms CLAIMED output lol - (this came with the car as well - otherwise would DEFINITELY be gone hehehe)

and now for the new addition - 2 x 8" Motorola genuine piezzo compression horns - rated at OVER 400W RMS each WITHOUT ADDING AN IMPEDANCE OR LOAD TO YOUR AMP !!!

now let me just say - the horns ABSOLUTELY KILL IT !!

i can seriously almost feel my ear drums wanna explode after the horns were installed - these things have a frequency range of 2kz to 35,000 khz - and add so much depth to the front staging it is not funny - Laughing

im not entirely happy with the setup other than the subs and horns (ie what was in there when i bought it) - but this is only my daily driver setup as ive said before - my MONSTER stereo gear is going in my project car gem -

now with the current setup the bass is absolutely awesome, responsive, clear, punchy and very very loud - the mid range could do with a revival but im not gonna bother with it - might add a set of 4 inch mid bass drivers to the kick panels and make my own 3 way 18db\octave crosser to control the 5" 4" and 1" - but ill have to think bout it Confused - but with the horns - the higher range frequencies absolutely dominate - ill admit the sound quality is only very slightly down on a VERY good set of well sort out and filtered splits, but in terms of sensitivity and overall depth\volume added - nothing compares - only problem was fitting them

anyway - my boast for the day - cant wait to send myself deaf in my car Razz

cheers

Response 2x150wrms amp (actually works out)
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hope all that sound gear came with a good alarm system, otherwise your chances of going deaf might go quickly.
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that sounds pretty big !!! what are the horns like, what do they run off ?? and how much ?? get a piccy up of em if you could

nick.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat r these horns u speak of lol
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piezo horns are the things you find in party speakers/DJ speakers etc. there bloody loud!!

Show us some pics of the install Smile
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and where do u buy these from.. i take it they are alike to a sub not all up on this fandangle stereo talk lol sub , speakers , splits , amp , headunit.. does me fine lol
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havn't seen them in cars before, but you can buy them from places like jaycar and dicksmith.

Update: since the fitting of my new intercooler i've been driving around with only one thermo fan.(had to remove the st165 fan to fit the intercooler in)So today i brought a slim-line thermo fan from repco and fitted it. so much better now, keeps the car cooler.with one fan in it use to run for about 1-3mins trying to get the temp down. now the two stay on for about 25secs Very Happy
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 25 June 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long are the two generally sposed to stay on for on say a 20 - 25 degree day ? mine generally stay on for a good minute, is there an issue there ??

nic/
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 25 June 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure...

With my original fan and the st165 fan on, it stayed on average 40-50secs. this was on at 30 degree day.

yesterday after i put the new fan in i went for a bash around the block (cold day, around 14degrees)it stayed on for only 25secs.

theres a few variables involved there so its kind of hard to say. but i would have thought 1+ minutes was a bit long..
trd3sg
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 25 June 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 10:27

hope all that sound gear came with a good alarm system, otherwise your chances of going deaf might go quickly.

yeah got an alarm - mate if someone's gonna pinch something, with or without an alarm - theyll get it - i dont park my car in many places anyway

anyway - as for remainder of questions - cant get a pic cos no camera - they are just like tweeters with plastic\polyresin attachment to it that flare out like a cone but are rectangular faced not circular - they are bout 8" x 2"

Yes jaycar and dicksmith sell them but not motorolla ones from memory - these are high end horns worth bout 150 bucks TRADE price a pair -

specs - 94.5db@1wrms sensitivity, 400wrms power handling each, no nominal impedance and yeah thats bout it -

not many ppl use them in car audio systems cos theyre hard to fit properly for good imaging - ive got mine in the back at the moment just atop the parcel tray facing forward with velcro holding them - i tried fitting them under the dash or off the bottom edge of the dash but couldnt fit the driver's side one properly without interfering with the clutch pedal space (ie in the way in case of emergency stop etc)

i would like to fit them in the standard locations up front (4 holes but fit them from behind) so as to hide them, but then would have to move the front speakers to the back somewhere Confused

anyway - sound good enough for me for now - my other setup should hammer

cheers

GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 25 June 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhh yeh i know the ones, tweeters, i thought when u said horns, they were those speaker like vibrators !!!
the weird shaped, square or round, about 6-8 inches that put out really low , > 25 hz bass, when added with subs rattle your brains out !!! thats what i thought you meant there !!!
man how must your ears be with those high freq's coming at you from the back glass , raw ? or aimed em out a bit ?? they can be deafen'ing !!!

anyways sounds pretty decent dude !!!

nick
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think ive askd before but here it goes again.. im after a wing for my 162 im not usualy a fan of wings but i like the wrx sought of wing on the back of a 162 ive seen a few in fotos / real life etc one like warriors would be ok but without the standard wing under it anyone know wat i mean.. so does anyone know if one will fit on with little or no mods
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few questions i have...

1) How do i remove the sunroof?
2) What upgrades or replacements are possible for the antenna?3) Im looking for a brake upgrade, where is the best place to be looking for st185 callipers and rotors?

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 04:44]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior has a set...... antenna as in radio?... go to autobarn etc they have digital ones that sit above ur rear vision mirror for like 30 bucks
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunroof removal = EASY

just take the trim off and you will see the screws that go onto the frame

antenna upgrade? the powered toyota one is the BEST mate!
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but i get the feeling the powered one from toyo will be rather expensive... Razz

hows the car going rob?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try some spares places? the toyota one is like $400 from toyota Shocked

yeah man thanks car is sweet.. though, still got a leak from the g-box where I made up the hybrid speedo... so gotta sort that but otherwise is GUN mate!

love her to death.. and so should every other 162 owner Smile
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good news ey! How / why did you have to make the hybrid speedo drive? I'm just curious. Rolling Eyes
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just cause the inside of the 1998 box have had an electric speedo thingy with a different shaft for the cog holder

not sure how to describe it, but just had to make up this little piece for the inside of the old one... kinda confusing heheh there was a thread on the forums here about it somewhere..
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob, an easy way to fix that gearbox leak is to swap it with mine. no leaks and since im such a nice guy i will do it for free Very Happy

on a side note, my car is going into the exhuast shop tommorrow, getting 4-2-1 extractors put on, with a new cat and 2.25" piping the whole way through a lukey turbo muffler, hope its not too loud and annoying, but i spose i can get a resonator put in anyways....
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAHAHAH hmmmmmm hmm Neutral

erm yes

or NOT

I think I will just keep it for now ok.. Razz

you will get some nice >4000rpm 'rumble in the jungle' with that zorst mate.. have to put a clip up of the sound Smile
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha hopefully, i just wanna avoid that annoying lancer drone when im driving along....

once that is done im focusing my efforts towards a brake upgrade i think,

and a fibreglass sunroof replacement.... stupid rust, gunna also get quotes on removal of rust around the windscreen!
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OKAY, just heard from the exhuast shop, apparently the extractors foul on one of the thermo fans...

for those TRD-162 and Farmsi who have the gen 2 JDM headers... did u notice this? will i just have to get a different thermo fan or what?

okay, now i remember what questions i had

my passenger side central locking only works some off the time... any ideas how to fix this?

and my rear windscreen wiper ceases to work now as well... anyone else had this problem?
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh something is up with my passenger side locking as well ?
u have to lock it manually, and sometimes it sticks and wont budge and u gotta sit there for a lil while to try unlock it.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i got the same problem with my central locking, but i figured out what happens with mine, you can only use the central locking when the car hasn't started up, but once it has started up you have to lock it manually, i think it might have something to do with remote central lockings/alarm/immobiliser setup.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt - as far as I know neither of those guys had an issue with the extractors fouling on the manifold. Maybe its just the design of the ones you've bought? If there's no other way around it you could use a slim-line fan from supercheap. The ST fan is also an option, but requires the modification of the front A/C lines to work properly.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

Been playing with the car today, trying to solve this problem...

When a ST162 is cold (I mean been off all day and started for the first time) the car idles at ~2100rpm, This is normal, and it drops of steely as the car warms up.
My car did the above for a year or so then one day I started the car and it idled at ~2100, but for the first minute or so, it will drop to ~1500 then go back up to ~2100 again every 3 or 4 seconds (I call this revving). As the car gets warmer the interval between this "revving" increases until it totally disappears. The car then operates as normal, although the idle has become slightly higher since this started. It now occurs every morning with out fail.

Another bit of info, when I changed the coolant yesterday the engine WAS hottish, but with the fresh (COLD) coolant in it, the same "revving" happend for about 20 - 30 seconds then it disapeared.

I have no idea what this could be, I have checked all visible vacume lines for leakage, replaced the throttle body, checked the cold start injector, replaced the AFM... (I have a whole load of spares).

Can anyone offer some suggestions? I am totally stuck atm.

CHEERS Fellas

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 07:17]

sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys take a read let me know whats ya's think

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=73236&start=0&rid=2754&S=c6f5d19272e 0d7a781663c55f9f59385
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember when u bought that car, was F#@%in ages ago,
looks good mate, where did u get the 165 seats from ? i might do a write up on my new GT2 or warriors old one as u no it, i have some pretty big plans 4 it.
but yeh nice car mate, ive been interested in wat your car was
cheers
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seats came in the car, the seats are stock on the JDM st162 and stock in the st165.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me needs some Very Happy need more support for tight cornering
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey calling all ST162 owners with 3SGTE engines, could you give me some quarter mile times and dyno readings if you have any?.

As a token of my appreciation i will give you some ST162 burnout pics i found Cool .

http://www.obsessive-motorsport.com/albums/album20/IMG_4602.sized.jpg

http://www.obsessive-motorsport.com/albums/album20 /IMG_4603.sized.jpg
http://www.obsessive-motorsport.com/albums/album20 /IMG_4608.sized.jpg
http://www.obsessive-motorsport.com/albums/album20 /IMG_4604.sized.jpg

Cheers.

GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh me wants some JDM seats tooo !!! they look awesome !!!! also love that black !!!!

on the note of wing's , rexy wings do not fit our cars very well, they are only 1200mm wide and our boots are 1300mm wide, also they are flat bottomed and our boots have slight concave, so moulded bracket needed.

i had that idling prolly every now and then , but its not as bad as yours dude, when i turn mine on from dead cold it sits at about 1400 - 1500 for a while then goes to its usual 800 - 1000 idle !!!

hehe ... celica's doing doughies !!!

nick.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

Where abouts can I find the Idle air control valve on a gen 1 3sge? From what I have read it may be the problem.

Cheers
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doobs, that strange idle problem is usually called 'hunting'. Its usually caused by a vacuum leak somewhere. The computer is detecting a high idle and closing the ISC valve to compensate, when it gets to a certain level it cuts out and starts over. I also had this problem with the old motor after changing the coolant. I think it was caused by the old fashioned cold idle-up system on the gen 1. It worked by adjusting the air-bypass with a wax float in a cylinder which had coolant flowing around it. As the coolant heats, the float drops and shuts the cold-idle bypass. I guess that when you drain the coolant air gets into this valve and screws it up. There's proabably a way to bleed it, but I don't know it! (Just follow the coolant lines up to the throttle body, you'll find it) I found that it went away after letting it sit for an hour or so.

Soz for the long, incoherent post - hope it helped somehow!

BTW: That burnout was weak!

If any of you guys who want those seats are down here in melb, there's a ST162 at pickapart in kilsyth that has them - they're just a little faded. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 13:25]

smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant remember where or even if the gen 1 had an ISC - if it did it'll probably be somewhere in the vicinity of the throttle body. Look for vacuum lines that go around the throttle butterfly, if you haven't found it by tomorrow arvo I'll look it up for you. Smile

There is an idle adjustment screw on the TB, but i dont think that's where your problem is.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 13:29]

doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

There are 2 sensors located in the "radiator outlet" that have vacuum hoses going to and from them, anyone know what they do?

http://users.cyberone.com.au/doobs/prob.JPG
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish I knew more about the idle system, atm its all based on trial and error.

From what ive gathered out of the haynes, the gen1 3sge does not have an Idle Air Control Valve.

I'm interested in what these vacuum hoses going into the "radiator outlet" are... I hope thye are whats causing the problem
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The idle VSV is underneath the intake manifold, next to the TVIS VSV...the two vacuum hoses that head towards the junction on the RHS are emissions related afaik.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant see in the pic, but the two vac lines that go to the plug in the radiator outlet go to your charcoal canister. That's probably not where your problem is tho. Can you hear a sharp hissing coming from the engine while it's running? Has this only gotten worse since you changed the coolant?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they wouldnt be vacum lines.... if they are they dont go into where your showing us unless u want hot water in ur air system.. those are sensors for various water temp thingo magigys Razz... guage, fans etc

if your talkin about the hoses that come off the back? which i doubt u are .. but ill answer it anyway they go to ur heater core.. nothing to do with air... but dont think thats wat ur trying to get at

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 05:55]

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahah wat the fuck, i just went and put another sports muffler on my car, and it was louder then my giant ass cannon i had, i was so worried took it to cop shop to try clear defect, got a nice cop and he cleared it
Laughing
the gods smile on me 2day Cool
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, those are vacuum lines - they connect to a valve which turns the EGR system (or the vapour flow from the canister, cant remember atm) on and off. It only opens once the car gets to operating temperature.

EDIT: there are two BVSVs, one for EGR and one for the evaporative system. Both have 2 vacuum lines coming from them. Check these ones for leaks if you're having idle problems guys.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 12:13]

Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doobs wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 15:15

Ey all,

Been playing with the car today, trying to solve this problem...

When a ST162 is cold (I mean been off all day and started for the first time) the car idles at ~2100rpm, This is normal, and it drops of steely as the car warms up.
My car did the above for a year or so then one day I started the car and it idled at ~2100, but for the first minute or so, it will drop to ~1500 then go back up to ~2100 again every 3 or 4 seconds (I call this revving). As the car gets warmer the interval between this "revving" increases until it totally disappears. The car then operates as normal, although the idle has become slightly higher since this started. It now occurs every morning with out fail.

Another bit of info, when I changed the coolant yesterday the engine WAS hottish, but with the fresh (COLD) coolant in it, the same "revving" happend for about 20 - 30 seconds then it disapeared.

I have no idea what this could be, I have checked all visible vacume lines for leakage, replaced the throttle body, checked the cold start injector, replaced the AFM... (I have a whole load of spares).

Can anyone offer some suggestions? I am totally stuck atm.

CHEERS Fellas

yer i have this same problem! so anyone help a brother (or two) out?
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found that when bleediong the coolant best thing is to crank all heater on high, fill with coolant and rev to about 2500 - 3000rpm.Fill with coolant/water as its sucked in and also have overflow on full.It also helps to pump the top hose as this helps remove air from the system.

my idle is a bit screwy atm as i have a leaking hose to the heater core (one from the radiator outlet with the temp senders etc.)

Try cleaning up all of your electrical connectors too, such as afm, O2 sensor, clean TB, intake pipe and plus/leads. Then disconnect battery and stomp on brake till there's no power left.THis will reset the ECU.

Hope it all helps

smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 23:26

....Then disconnect battery and stomp on brake till there's no power left.THis will reset the ECU.

Or just pull the EFI fuse and wait 10 minutes. Razz Stomp on the brake!?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol stomp on the brake pedal.. if thats not the worst MYTH i have ever heard lol.. i dont know wat is
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why is it u have to wait 10 minutes. it should reset instantly when the ecu looses power, didn't think they have a backup battery to keep it going?
got my new extractors on, genies... they are awesome..
tried a lap around the street with em off.. Very funny hahaha
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the idea behind the brake pedal is to make sure all power is drained
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once you pull the efi fuse, you only gotta wait about 30secs. works fine for me when i use to hit boost/fuel cut. Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's what I usually do... except for the boost bit Very Happy
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there a power source in the brake system which comes on when you push the pedal? Freak
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Okay heres my deal. I got the temp guage working again. Fool musta taken out a bunch of wires in the blue circle location above and didn't put em back in.

Okay, recently the car has had troubles cold starting. it would turn over, fire up, then just die. Then repeat a few times and it will finally start running.

Then when it is running, it will idle at about 1800-1900. Will drive fine, and then upon braking it will bounce at 1000-1100 and then when i have totally stopped i go back up to 1800-1900...

suggestions anyone?!
Pages (63): [ «  <  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:36:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018257141113281 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.