Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, when mine hits empty i usually have about 10-15 litres left in the tank.so usually have about 120 -150 kms left int he thing.But it is using petrol alot more than it used to.Try changing your fuel filter, that will probably help a help.Also make sure there are no air leaks aand exhaust leaks-this will cause it to run rich and thus use more fuel.

Catcha guys
  Send a private message to this user    
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i top my fuel up, it goes straight to empty, and i have to wait till i've used about half before it goes again, even then it still moves up and down, fuel filter has been changed, i don't know, maybe get that looked into later.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got 345kms off 32litres of 98ron last week. this was mostly driving to and from work (in traffic), and weekend/night driving.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys this is jonchais dyno reading from his 3sge Very Happy

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/Dyno.jpg

enjoy

and this is a pic of my new car, (warriors old st162 ) or the beast Razz

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/KIF_0211.jpg

cheers
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 09 July 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woohoo..its up! okay..

this graph is not a power run but only a tune to 6000rpm, hence the kmph is only until 135

notice the slight dip at about 100kmph, thats the TVIS being activated, and really, should be activated before it started to dip, but that cant be controlled so I'll have to live with it unless I remove it altogether

the power increases again after this and really, quite constant throughout the run

the dip at the end is when the throttle is off, this is due to the oil blow-back explained earlier hence tuner stopped as soon as smok appeared

the last 1000rpm (6000-7000rpm) weren't tuned as well as could/should, but runs slightly rich for safety reasons

the torque graph is interesting, especially in the beginning with such an increase, otherwise, bar the dip from TVIS, it remains relatively flat.

the timing is funny! while many of the tuners car could run in the high 20 degrees's or early 30 degrees, mine was still conservative at 22 degrees (i think) he noticed pinging anymore than this, i DO run premium! hmmmm Embarassed

Pod filter made a total of 4kw difference and has 2 cold air ducts, wlthough not enclosed or sealed (future mod)

personal experience: i havent had a chance to drive it much coz i only got it back yesterday and after a wash, only managed to get it to work and back. the 'back' trip was far more interesting Wink its raining at the moment so i wont tempt the hills, which was my original plan!
the car seems to rev A LOT quicker. it doesnt seem to have more power or more torque but obviously it does so it must be just me. it really isnt hard to redline and again, revs very freely so i suppose thats good.

the induction noise is crazy (wwhhhsszzzzz), the acceleration noise from engine and exhaust is noticably lumpier but sounds fantastic, and the idle now sits at 1000-1100rpm!

down side: high idle!! and cold start needs a little more fine tuning. other than that, computer holds no problem at all and i was very happy with instal and tuning. again, i wish i could break the enviable tonne, but like i said, a similarly modified MR2 managed the same result and the readings are not 'final' and remain 'unadjusted'
to give an example of what i mean when i say unadjusted, a Skyline registered 180kw at this dyno, but owner/driver wasnt happy so brought it to another dyno workshop and happily registered around 250kw. THIS IS A HUGE JUMP and this particular workshop has been known to exagerate numbers. so again, I wont abuse your intelligence and bring my car there just so i can boast more than 100kw's from the dyno sheet.

if I can be of any help to anyone looking for ecu mods. dont hesitate to pm or email me

cheers
Jon

[Updated on: Sat, 09 July 2005 08:10]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st162gtr i could just about bet that your top float has snapped off the fuel sender in the tank thats why it wont read the top half and drops to empty thats what mine used to do
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i explained a while ago about a new custom mount for the celica to stop it tearing out of the engine bay anyway here it is let me know if anyones interestd they cut the torque movment by atleast half in my car

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/mount-car.jpg
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Berad,
I'm just wondering about Filling my rear engine mount with Polyurathane...
It has this terrible knock when u lift off your foot off the accelerator... Well yeah the knock shudders a bit.. Like it doesn't knock once but feels like the vibrations continue more than one movement...

How do the engine mounts respond with the filling?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont know mine isnt filled i made a whole neww mount but its excelent gear changes is smooth and engine movment is more than halved
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 10 July 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 10:56

st162gtr i could just about bet that your top float has snapped off the fuel sender in the tank thats why it wont read the top half and drops to empty thats what mine used to do

Berad, is it fixable? and how much did it cost..
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys, just a quick question about brake pads, how often would you have to change them (normal driving)
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fixable yes piece of piss contact warrior i could just about bet he has a fuel sender lieing round Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
change them when they stop working as well. theres no definate time to change pads...
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is the st162 fuel capacity? is it 50 or 60 litres?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
according to my trusty origional brochure here... it's 60 Smile
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm..dang, that means my car would be chewing plenty of fuel then, if it was 50 then yeah not so bad...oh well, need to do that good old, fill your tank up full trick, and see how much i get out of it.
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do that fill-the-tank-up thing every time Razz
fill it til it clicks, add a tad more, reset trip meter.. then drive it til it gets lowish. fill it again to the click+a bit, divide it thru and work out how hard i have been drivin it lately Razz
but i gots an FE so i get shitloads better economy than u guys Wink
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the worst economy known to man so stop ur whinging lol... last tank i got 260k's out of a full tank yes a FULL TANK lol
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone changed a gearbox before? I need to swap mine over, but dont know if I can be arsed... might pay someone to do it instead. I've been told its pretty easy, just leave the motor hanging on the RHS mount and drop the g.box off.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You also need to support the engine from the top as you undo the left mount to drop the box.Its pretty easy when its on a hoist but if you're crawling around its just a pain.If you can gt it 2 feet on stands you'll be set. If u can drop the engine in and out Andy that will be easier. I thought u got a 204 box with the new engine?Is that stuffed already?

jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, gearbox is easy to change and the engine can where it is. just wondering if anyone here has done a swap with a MR2 gearbox. i hear they're good coz they have LSD in it or something? or have a special fluid to help with traction?

I've also fitted my car with a 1kg fire extinguisher, it's located in-front and under the passenger seat!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey jonchai give us a piccie of the extinguisher! I am trying to figure out where I should mount mine.. for the past 3 years it has been rolling around under the drivers seat lol!

Gearbox removal is pretty easy as far as g-box removals go! The hardest thing for me was getting the driveshafts in and out.

Dont' leave the engine hanging I don't reckon.. just put a jack and a block of wood under the sump and lower it as you need.

The gearbox (stock) isn't tooooo heavy.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It wasn't a ST204 box as I was lead to believe, was actually a ST202 one - but the 'no frills' version. Apparently they came with an ordinary box, one with double synchros and another with the double synchros + LSD? The diff is noisy in my trans, so they're replacing it under warranty - not including labour unfortunately. Crying or Very Sad I'm kinda over cars atm.

Yeh, I dont like the idea of letting the motor hang either. Apparently its ok with the crank pulley resting against the chassis?

I mounted my extinguisher in the boot, couldn't find a spot in the cabin - I'd be interested to see how you did it too jonchai!

edut: spellung! Also realised, jonchai has no interior!? Still want to see pictures tho!

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 15:41]

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 20:36

i have the worst economy known to man so stop ur whinging lol... last tank i got 260k's out of a full tank yes a FULL TANK lol

but yours is turboed, of course its gonna have worse economy, but yeah 260k's is pretty bad, unless you've been hammering it every chance you get.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 11 July 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 08:19

berad wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 20:36

i have the worst economy known to man so stop ur whinging lol...
last tank i got 260k's out of a full tank yes a FULL TANK lol

but yours is turboed, of course its gonna have worse economy,
but yeah 260k's is pretty bad, unless you've been hammering it
every chance you get.

YEP, there is only one way berad know how to drive his 162,
he puts a brick on the accelator pedal and just steers.
im quite surprised he gets 260km's to a tank. Razz

Karl

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 23:06]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr matuirty karl lol.... you gotta drive the car to its potential u just have to Razz... some new tyres wouldnt go astray either soon lol
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smashed Wombat-> damn, sorry to hear about ur g/box. my diff is a bit noised too.

Been think about getting a fire ext aswell. apparantly Bunnings have got some for $20.
trd3sg
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 15:09

dingaling i know its to low.. but bigggg turbo and that compression fun whilst the engine lasts lol Razz

this has nothing to do with the compression you hear - this is ring compression, not static compression ratio - ur mixing the two up - please dont go giving ppl advice like this man cos itll fuck someone up and theyll say "but so and so said...."

the cylinder compression as tested by a compression gauge measures the amount of pressure remaining in your combustion chamber during compression stroke - it not directly related to your compression ratio (in fact there is only a slight relation which is complex to explain so i wont bother here)

compression ratio, static compression ratio, is what is generally referred to as compression in a performance context

in fact id go the complete opposite and say if ur car has such low cylinder compression in n/a form, dont even try bolting a turbo on - reason is two fold:

1. the low\lowish reading indicates oil is seeping past ur rings and into ur combustion chamber (blow by), which in effect will mean the oil will 'dirty' the fuel mixture for want of a better word, effectively reducing its intrinsic value and reducing the RON rating, thus leading to pinging or detonation

2. the problem will get worse with the extra load of a turbo into the lubrication system, meaning blow by will get worse over time and on a diminishing scale, and the ring compression will deteriorate.

not having a dig at you berad but i just felt i had to clear this up for ppl

cheers

Mick
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think bread just ment that stick a turbo on her will it can still turn over and have some fun with it.....and was joking too....

bread also has shit fuel ecmo....because his EMS stinger has only got 2 injector channell's (i was looking at his wiring diagram while working on it and the injectors are paired in parrell on two output chanell of the EMS stinger...so yeah the injectors are open more than it shoudl thus lots of fuel!!

i believe that what is happening cause i saw 4 injectors wired to 2 channells of the EMS stinger....

please correct me if i'm wrong..

I'm getting about aobut 400km from my 3s-gte conversion a tank on BP ulitmate at 400kw it is usally 50litres...and that is with 2/3highway and the rest of the time on mountain roads and applying the rules motorbikes do the the sugested speed around corners...lol!

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2005 12:37]

RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK i know this has been covered plenty of times, but i just need some clarifications on the 3s gte conversion in the st162

is a aftermarket ecu or the ecu of the gte engine necessary???
Is the conversion a straight bolt in, that wont cost me a fortune???
are custome mounts needed? Cross member clearance???
Will the old gearbox survive off the gen 1 3sge or will i have to get the gearbox with the engine???

Now as actually getting a 3sgte, would it be easiest to get a st165 FRONT CUT and just swap it all in, or as i am keen on performance here, will the 185 or 184 2nd gen gt4 off the celica be a better fit than the mr2 turbo???

Sorry for the millions of questions, but i know the gt2 converted ppl will see this on this thread Very Happy thanks in advance!

Also anyone in adelaide know where i could get this done (workshops) at a reasonable price??? (under 3000 i hope)
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RP, I can't help you much but there are a bunch of people here who can!

But right NOW I have some piccies Very Happy

Took these at Dyno Day w00t!

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC07534.JPG

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC07535.JPG

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC07536.JPG
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RP.....Fours N More at Pooraka is the place to do it! they always work on my car and never have they dissapointed me. the Microtech was the biggest job i had done there and although it took longer than expected, they did do more work than planned and always rang me to keep me up to date and the car's progress. PM me if you want details!
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know a friend how has done his 29v conversion there in his ae92 seca, but it took 3months !! i dont htink im willing to wait that long! but i will go check it out, please give me the adress and i will pop in there tommorow

By the way those pics are great!
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm suprised how even we parked our cars! Laughing
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 08:20

what, you saying we unco? Very Happy
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 09:38

actually its not as even now that i've looked at it about the 100th time, think rabsy's car is slightly further back Laughing
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 09:54

RobST162 wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 09:38

actually its not as even now that i've looked at it about the 100th time, think rabsy's car is slightly further back Laughing

yeah good one rabsy Razz
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob is your car's panel fixed yet?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 12 July 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, off the the panel beaters on Friday w00t!

BTW, does anyone have a spare driver's side (even busted up) switcher mechanism I can borrow?

I don't trust the panelbeaters to take the trim off correctly and so want to just take it all off and plug in an old switch.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone had the problem where you drive at about 3k rpm you here this tiny ticking, and then kinda goes away after? not sure what it is, in neutral it doesn't happen, but when driving in either 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear its noticeable? could it be a drive shaft or gear box problem?
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 01:23

RP, I can't help you much but there are a bunch of people here who can!

But right NOW I have some piccies Very Happy

Took these at Dyno Day w00t!

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC07534.JPG

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC07535.JPG

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC07536.JPG

Sad Sad Sad looks great guys Sad Sad Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you feeling sad Karl???? Smile
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 18:13

are you feeling sad Karl???? Smile

yea mate, feelin a little sad i wasnt there to add 1 more to the pic, the navy blue car just isnt cutting it for me, its just not me. Sad Smile

djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who's is the 3rd celica
i know robs and raby's

looking good btw Razz
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 22:40

hey jonchai give us a piccie of the extinguisher! I am trying to figure out where I should mount mine.. for the past 3 years it has been rolling around under the drivers seat lol!

the pics should be on soon, again, under Jorrs' account, cheers!! I made the support from a normal steel bar and drilled the holes accordingly!
Cheap insurance!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool thanks jonchai

djcougar wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 19:03

who's is the 3rd celica
i know robs and raby's

looking good btw Razz

DJ, mate so sorry I couldn't meet up for that other cruise, I didn't get away from church stuff till like 9.30pm. I shoulda called you sorry mate.

The third car is ST162GT-R, in hills area for a little while longer Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 10:46]

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEP thats my car, well before i leave NSW, we should all definately get together one time just for a meet or something, abit or maccas Very Happy or something
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 08:18

YEP thats my car, well before i leave NSW, we should all definately get together one time just for a meet or something, abit or maccas Very Happy or something

your leaving us?
bugger

well about you rob and I meet at castle hill maccas tonight? about 7-7:30?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 12:54

ST162GT-R wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 08:18

your leaving us?
bugger

well about you rob and I meet at castle hill maccas tonight? about 7-7:30?

hmm when are you leaving Julian? I have dinner at a mate's place tonight, so it will be pretty dicey if I can make it.

I could do maybe Sat evo briefly?

edit: sorry wayyyy OT

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 03:28]

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't leave until like Mid august, so ages away, well like a month..
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOl nice pics rob... Nice to meet yah st162gtr your car rips dude... I fixed my wheel probelem cars going so much better... Wink dont have to worry about turning sharp cornors... And there is no more rust on my sunroof... Thanks to karl.. Wink Dont worry karl you will have a clean celica soon dont worry julian we should meet up before you leave home... 100 percent would be good...Wink
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hosting for Jonchai,

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/fire03.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/fire02.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/fire01.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 14:18]

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres somethin wrong with photobucket and its not hostin properly, but ill fix next chance i get
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed show us the mobile camera!!!! Embarassed

excuse the very average quality
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey cool pic, and heaps cool mounting idea! I like it thanks jonchai and jorrs Very Happy
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got a bumper in brisbane a rear one lol was drifitn the big fwd last night and soughta ran over a street sign and then it riped my rear bumper off a lil and put a ding in my ass end not happy jan lol
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

An update on my hunting problem... Sorry about the terminology I’m still learning Razz

I was convinced that it was still a throttle body problem, I was told by a friend (and someone on toymods) that the problem could be air in the part of the throttle body that the water hoses connect to.

I removed the water hoses going to and from the throttle body, checked all the vacuum hoses (again) and adjusted the throttle stop screw, cleaned the throttle body. I put it all back together.

Kicked the car over, and it was worse than ever, I expected this, because if the problem was air in the throttle body there would now be lots of air in there.

I decided to start the car with the radiator cap off, and let it heat up (as you would when you change the coolant) when the thermostat opened the water level dropped, I filled it up, and put the cap on. I let the car cool down overnight Razz and in the morning to my surprise when I started it, the hunting symptoms occurred once, then never again.

Now every time I start the car, all I get is the initial "rev up" then it does one "hunt" then its perfect.

I'm thinking there maybe still a tiny bit of air in there, or possibly this was just a fluke Razz What do you think?

Cheers fellas
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it just me..or does this thread have heaps of guys that have white st162's????
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing

yeah, look at all the avatars! Very Happy fix yours up Julian! hehe that's crazy
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i will then!, gotta find a decent pic for it though....
Pages (63): [ «  <  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:19:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.019244909286499 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.