Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 March 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob, it's a gen 1 but where the butterfly is, there's no little round thing and there's only one vacuum hose off it. there's a few other things that you can't really see. You can also see the oxy sensor that isn't in action because I have two haha. Smile

So what do you guys think of my 10 min job on the front speaker mounting.

Also, updated new head unit Pioneer DEH-P2650 (50x4)
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 March 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but it doesn't even say "T-VIS" on the intake manifold, and the engine sits level instead of reclined like 10 degrees and all sorts of stuff.. and no separate rocker covers...

I am ignorant Neutral
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 March 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're lookin at my dads 7afe silly Smile story goes under the link. haha. now try the 1752 one Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 March 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh. heh heh Neutral

*slap*

I should have realised rather than freaking out ay... Very Happy
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 March 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, yeah probably woulda helped Smile Now can you see the difference? haha...

Maybe we should chat on msn seen we're pretty much just spamming up the forums with constant posting Rolling Eyes *bows down to admins for forgiveness Very Happy * If you have msn of course heh.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 March 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doobs whats a 4GA power cable, is that an amp wire? If it is I mounted mine through a nice really neat litte spot. If you pull you front wheel arch slash guards off, at the back on the firewall you'll see a rubber seal with the front (around the engine bay) loom going through the firawall, there is a little nib for another wire on the passenger side thats sealed, I just cut the tip off that and put the wire through that. Very Happy

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 11 March 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doobs, what are your sound sytem componants?.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 11 March 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ey all,

My sound components are: ReSponse 5" woofer with a tweeter attacted in the middle (Mounted in stock spots) powered by a 2x84 wrms amp, kenwood 6x9's in the back powered by hu, 12" ReSponse precision sub powered by a 2x150wrms amp, and a JVC KDS 795 (Mp3 player) head unit.

Another questiong, how high does your temp gaudge sit when driving (usually hard) on a ~24C day? Mine sits just under half way, is that normal?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 11 March 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man that is the normal place on the temp guage, they always sit there, these engines run hot Wink gotta love em'
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 11 March 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy great news. I was a little worried cause mum and dads cars never seem to go over quater way except when mums radiator was fuct.
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 12 March 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a quick question for you guys, Is the fuel gauge equipped with some very basic economy meter? As when I cruise around and don't accelerate stupidly the fuel gauge seems to go up a bit but if I put the foot down instantly it'll start going down.

Thoughts, answers?

Yeah, these engines do run hot hehe if you remove the heat protector on the underneath of the bonnet you get a cool steam affect on cold rainy days Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 12 March 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it has something more to do with the fact when you put your foot down, the fuel in the tank surges and rushes to the back of the tank, since the sender unit is at the front, it goes down abit, as for the cruising idea I Think that has to do with the fuel rollong around on the tank, it doesn't stay dead calm.

If you tink thats cool you should have seen mine when I had the GT4 scoop, whenever you stopped the car all this heat haze would pour out of my bonnet, that looked cool Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 12 March 2004 09:22]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 12 March 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So who here is going to the Toyota Nationals?, i will be going with the Camry for its final outing, but would love to see some nice Celicas Very Happy.
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 12 March 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hah, give me money and I will.

I have a total of 16 cents in my bank account. I love uni.

Probably have to be going to uni then anyway Rolling Eyes
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 12 March 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yeah, I'll be there, most of us CCG guys are staying out at the barraks again this year, It's like a big camp hall, the kinda thing they use on school camping trips. its about 15 mins out of Dubbo but the best part is it only costs $16 per night, you go there bring your grog and have a good time Very Happy I may be able to see about getting extra accomodation there if any one is interested.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 13 March 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys

Just Wondering what oil's do all you st162 use, do you think NGK iridium spark plugs do much for your car performance wise?? and has anyone got a quote from team jetspeed for st162 body kits?? or custom ones in that case?
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 13 March 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*shrugs* it's kinda thick.. and oil like Very Happy Dunno, didn't put it in cause I didn't do the work. But normally just your standard helix or gtx2 20w-50 Smile

Anyone use magnatec? hehe... personally i think it's a waste of money Smile
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 13 March 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone told me that 20w-50 will leave deposits in your car or something like that?? does that make your car run alittle sluggish?? first time i ran using 10w-40, seemed normal, then lately just used 10w-30, seemed like the oil burned quicker and need to be refilled more often then the 10w-40, think thats gonna damage the engine?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 13 March 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which oil depends on how old your engine is (how many kms???) I wouldn't use less than 15W-40 if it's over 150000kms

I currently use 20W-50 Havoline Premium (recomended by Neal Bates Automotive) in my 3sgte with 170000kms, I used to use 10W-30 in my old 3sge (I now call it old for that reason) the oil was too thin and it seized the main bearing, cause yeah the engine tended to chew a bit of oil, before that I used 15-40 which felt alright.

Damn I wish I had have know then what I know now. Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 13 March 2004 10:35]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 13 March 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YO,
just bought an 88 st162 today, stoked to have 3SGE again. Pretty good condition, don't have pics yet but i'll try and get a camera off someone soon and get some pics up in the members rides.
It's got an oil leak that i've noticed, but after looking under the car it appears to be the sump, so i'll get the seal checked at the start of next week, get it going for the city cruise Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 13 March 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys check this out, it's not everyday us 162 boys get represented in auto salons or the likes.

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/untitled2.jpg

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/untitled3.jpg

oh and finey, these cars have selant around the sump, not a gasket or something
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 13 March 2004 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers, just forgot the word when i was typing the post.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 14 March 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering what fuel economy u guys get on average???
I've heard yeah around 550kms out of 60 litres....
or 8 litres per 100km....

I've always had the faint suspicion that these cars use a bit of fuel, and say yeah something to compare it to, say a 7mge or a 4age....

Just interested....
Smile Smile Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 14 March 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get just over 10 flogging my beast everywhere I go around the city, but my car loves me for it Smile We have a very mutual relationship you know. I flog it. It keeps going. hahah I love my baby

Annnny way, so yeah, city just over 10ltrs/100klm in the city (more than the factory rated economy actually which is like 9.3) and in the highway somewhere between high 7's to mid 8's depending on weight in the car Smile

edit: btw that 162 wiso is SWEEEEET!

edit2: Smile I use 15-50 Shell Helix Ultra and bosh 4-head sparkies

[Updated on: Sun, 14 March 2004 23:08]

Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i know this is not to do with another posts in this thred(so far).

I just called SSS to see if they had an MR2 turbo box, and good news they did, they have 2 infact. 1 normal turbo box and 1 LSD turbo box. It took me a very short period to decide which to get, LSD LSD LSD.......YEEEEHAAAAAAA. Granted it is more than double than that of the normal turbo box, Normal turbo box $650, LSD box $1400. I was saving the money to spend on wheels(i got 2 weeks ago, $1500) and the gear box(wednesday,$1400). And i will still have some money left to get it installed. Other things that i was going to spend the money on was a body kit(that can wait) and a new paint job(well it can wait also).
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all, Finally i have pics of me car. Sorry bout the poor quality, but its stil pics Very Happy

http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/celica_front_lights_low.JPG
http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/celica_front_lights_high.JPG
http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/celica_whole_dash.JPG
http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/celica_engine.JPG
http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/celica_side1.JPG
http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/celica_rear.JPG
http://203.220.32.126/~ddubberley/celica_subbie.JPG
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A White lightening, good work mate looks good, you need to find a front lip... Laughing

WOOHOO!!!!

Got my car back on the road today, I'll get a pic up and show yous what shee looks like. (got rice bitch hehehe)
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 15 March 2004 12:43

A White lightening, good work mate looks good

What do you mean WHITE LIGHTNING?, whats the difference?.
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not a white lighting hate to spoil your fun Smile White lightning had white wheels as well as white everything else, those are jsut stock 88+ 162 wheels.

Although I just found someone that has a white lightning with a 3sgte in it apparently... I shall have to investigate hopefully i didn't piss his sister off too much Laughing
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
She has white wheels Razz there just not on it Razz, the spare is a white one.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ways you can tell are, the door protector strip is painted white, the grill has a white bar instead of the celica word, white mirrors, and around the rear number plate is white. Yes he may not have white wheels on it (I know he has them as well thought) but how easy is it to change wheels??? Wink

Hey guys heres a photot of my celica at the moment in all its ricing glory.

GOT RICE BITCH!!! haha Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/rice1.jpg

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/rice2.jpg

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, it's got the white lightening seats in it, not the standard ones (check out the head rests), my one has those, and the guy i bought it off said that they were the white lightening seats, go figure..

also, just wondering when giving your 162 a bit, when shifting (mainly 1st to 2nd) do you get any savage pull to the left? because i didn't remember it from my first one and my new one has heaps of pull?

btw, wiso love the front bar, i'm thinking of getting one, but think i'll take my time, save up and by the gt4 Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 15 March 2004 06:17]

doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get no pull what so ever
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strange.. i'll look into it then, see if there is any evidence of an accident in the past
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't get any pull, but i do get a nice squeak from the front wheels Very Happy and it's started doing it from 2nd to 3rd now too... hmm.. maybe the jap import does have more hp? go figure, it's just a little emission regulator that's missing.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 15 March 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just went out, pushed it and nothing... no pull, but yeah i have heard a squeak of a similar description aswell Rolling Eyes

also i've got squeak coming from inside the car at the back, had it in my last one, sounds like it may be the parcelshelf.
just curious if anyone knows what it is and best way to fix it.
i know this sounds vague but if you get what i mean then cool.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 16 March 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone else could mention what type of fuel economy they are getting...
Like just to get an idea, i'm doing a budget to see how much this cars gonna cost...

That would be great...
Say a rebuilt 3sge would have even better fuel economy???

Thanx!

SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 16 March 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey wiso mate, i love your car, but after seeing those pics i reckon you should paint it all white.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 16 March 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fellow celica owners !

i need some help

can one of you guys please take a picture of the inside of your car , with the rear seats down , and nothing in the boot ..

I need to see how much room they have in there with nothing in the way !

Cheers

charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 16 March 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
enough to lie a 26" mtb in there flat.

but only just heh.

and for fuel i get about 10litres per 100km driving with my some what sticky accelerator... should clean the floor behind it seems to be a problem Laughing

haven't tried it on a long distance drive...

squeaking in the back could be the hatch check the stops at the bottom to see if it closes properly and doesn't move up and down (the stops harden and shrink on them) I'm yet to fix mine but i found that glueing foam to the bottom of them is a temporary solution hah
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 16 March 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is quite a big boot once the subby is out of the way Smile

just over 10 in the city and about 8 on the freeway.

squeaking I WD40'd every moving component in my boot and it went away, and this was AFTER spraying every seal with silicon treatment thinking it was that. Everytime it comes back I just squirt the boot latch area with some of the WD. Smile
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 16 March 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob, I got some ideas for your site... put something on it Very Happy

but anyway umm.. we need to get some stock information out of these celicas. so everyone can have an accurate source for power,0-100 and 1/4 times? common problems maybe, stuff that is helpful when looking at buying a 2nd hand celica? that kinda stuff. And a list of reputable stores that stock parts.

Oh and i get 5% of lukey parts with my RACV membership Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 16 March 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha ha

yeah I know Embarassed only set up the domain yesterday, but that is the kind of stuff I totally want to put on there Smile

Just a handy resource so i don't have to keep repeating myself every 5 minutes, and either do you or anyone else.

I don't want to detract from Toymods at all, I LOVE this site, I just want to enhance the resources available to people who use this forum basically.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 March 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres the Official Toyota Celica ST162 SX Specifications brochure, you wont see this anywhere else because i made it Very Happy.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/smt7/Celica_St162_Broch ure.jpg
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 March 2004 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a confession to make. Smile nah

I quite like the black on wiso's car here. The bumper looks a little matt, but otherwise it is origional for a 162, and works quite well on the body shape

that's not to say that the white looks bad either.. but the black is something different Smile
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 March 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2004 09:38

I have a confession to make. Smile nah

I quite like the black on wiso's car here. The bumper looks a little matt, but otherwise it is origional for a 162, and works quite well on the body shape

that's not to say that the white looks bad either.. but the black is something different Smile

I have a confession to make too....

I Really like the look of the black as well...

It looks like a Panda paint job!!
Looks a lot like the truenos hehehehe..

If I was to make a gt4 track car, thats what it'd look like hahahaha... But yeah i like the black colour too...
Only thing i'd change is to paint the colour of the popup lights!!!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 March 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah fix those pop up lights Joel! Very Happy
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 March 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even Joel himself has admitted to the black growing on him a bit. Rice Bitch as it may be it does look cool. Ultimatly i think itll end up white though, either way thats one tough arse celica.
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 March 2004 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey
ok a few questions i want to ask
1. does anyone know how to get the air con ducts off the dash..cos i want to rice mine up a bit by painting them..
2. when i have my a/c on the idle drops really low..i took some advice and adjusted the a/c idle valve but nothing happened..any ideas?
also when the cars came out stock did it have a double din stock pos thing in the dash?..cos there is a gap and i can see wirering and shit though my dash
my car is in peices atm..but have no where to host..i might have some up later
st ROCK Laughing i brought mine for 3200 2 weeks ago is that a good price?..except my motor blew so its gonna cost me more..i guess i pushed it to hard Razz
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 March 2004 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i know someone will probally like this new idea that i had for my body kit last night while at work. I was thinking about having the front bar and a new bonnet done in carbon fiber, still keeping the idea about having the front bar like the GT4 bar but different. Once i paint the car black this will suit the car.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 20 March 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finished installing my steza today sounds great Very Happy, now just goto give the car a clean and its all done Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 20 March 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sik sx
to get the airducts off the dash there are little clips you have to get behind teh dash to squeeze the sides in to remove them. Don't know about the air con iddle as mine doesn't have it anymore.

Draza
I say yes to the carbon fibre bonnet if you can afford it, but I'd just get the bumper normally and paint it black to match the car, and if you get a carbon fibre bonnet, you can get a carbon fibre wing as well Razz

Your right I will deffinatly be getting it resprayed white, next weekend Surprised Smile Then people won't look at me so wierd Confused
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 21 March 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put my extractors on and put on a new sump on friday - Revs a bit more freely and im not kleaking oil everywhere..YES!!!!Although theres a small pinhole or not quite matching lip on the exhaust which i have to fix coz its puttin out a really annoying sound - thanx again for those Joel

Next step....hi-flow cat and new muffler coz the baffles are all screwed in that.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 22 March 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you get new gaskets for it first cause I think they may have been pretty fucked, especially the one between the 2 halves of the extactors. also that little pipe out the side up near the haed, you may need to make a gasket to fit that, cause I think mine used to leak there, so I just did the bolts tighter. Hope they do you well as they did me.
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 25 March 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to finally meet ya steve and rob! Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 25 March 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah you too dude! sweet as to see the "phantom" 162 Very Happy

nah thanks for waiting around! was cool to see the sweet celicas all parked together in Castle Hill Smile
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 25 March 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
I checked out a st-162 today...
It was blue, 1986 celica sx...
It was pretty nice by the sound of it.. it was cheap as, he was pretty urgently trying to sell it, so the offers were around 2k to about 3k, but yeah probably around 2.5k with rego and roadworthy...
Seemed alright so i had a look at it today, paint was pretty good, but yeah I really thought it would be a good deal... Lets start with a few problems it had

Gearbox was crunchy, He had replaced the speedo (supposably) with one that has 305,000kms, so i have no proof it was actually 205,000 kms as he mentioned...
But yeah the bonnet had paint fading really badly, the clutch was really short, so i'm guessin the cable clutch broke and they just rejoined it.... There was a hole in the exhaust somewhere, most likely in the exhaust manifold. Interior was damn good though...

But yeah i'm just gonna keep looking, it had quite a few problems...
Didn't have any smoke, even when giving it...
I noticed something though i wasn't too happy about, on the first corner of the test drive, he gave it HEAPS AND HEAPS of stick... I wasn't too happy, coz yeah he was a 19 year old and it seemed like its been driven like that a lot..
But yeah it was a bit dissapointing...

If anyone sees any for sale in melbourne, I'd really appreciate it if ya could PM me..

Regards
Adrian!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 25 March 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

the clutch was really short, so i'm guessin the cable clutch broke and they just rejoined it.... There was a hole in the exhaust somewhere, most likely in the exhaust manifold. Interior was damn good though...

clutches on these tend to sip up the top anyway man, and increasinly as they get worn. The header pipe (bolts to factory headers) can get cracks on them (mine did)

crunchy g-box = common problem. just keep looking you will find one that is clean man. gotta avoid these young 19yo hoons mate! Very Happy

well I guess you had good luck huh, as, bad luck would bave been buying it? 2.5k is cheap but
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 25 March 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Thu, 25 March 2004 23:53

Quote:

the clutch was really short, so i'm guessin the cable clutch broke and they just rejoined it.... There was a hole in the exhaust somewhere, most likely in the exhaust manifold. Interior was damn good though...

clutches on these tend to sip up the top anyway man, and increasinly as they get worn. The header pipe (bolts to factory headers) can get cracks on them (mine did)

crunchy g-box = common problem. just keep looking you will find one that is clean man. gotta avoid these young 19yo hoons mate! Very Happy

well I guess you had good luck huh, as, bad luck would bave been buying it? 2.5k is cheap but

Hey, oh the clutch only had about 4cm of movemeent, normally they aren't that bad... i've driven a few now, and the others have a fair bit of movement available.. Yeah the header pipe probably had cracks (I wouldn't mind, more of a reason to go get extractors)
Yeah I heard about the gearbox's being crunchy (like coco-pops lol) but yeah i've seen soo many good examples of ones with good gearboxes, they have just been at dealers....
Yeah it was good luck, also I probably would have bought it if i didn't have my bro with me, he picked out all these things for me...
Just on a side note, U know how there is the usual assumption that celicas are sometimes driven by hairdressers??? Just thought i might mention that the hairdresser lady we've been going to (for 18 years now) has a st-184 (the coupe ones).. Just thought it was interesting LOL
The right one will come up..
Damn i love them st-162s, they are such a good car.....
I sat at the back too, it might be a TINY bit squashy and i'm about 5"11', but after a while i found it quite comfy,
DAMN GOOD CARS.... I just want the car to last forever hehe

Could i ask u guys just ur opinion on this car?
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=85851&current_rec =30&total_rec=64&sort_type=&make_id=8& amp;model_id=31&keyword=sx&state_id=7& search_distance=25
I'm a bit worried about the rear lights, they'd have to get changed, but are they aftermarket??

Regards,
Adrian
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 25 March 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
those lights are a disgrace

looks like a sticker.. just take it off.. well if he has a warranty and/or receipt for the reco it might be worth a look, but my money is on a 19yo hoon again Very Happy but the look of that car... but you never know
Pages (63): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:12:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.028616189956665 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.