Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 30 July 2004 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on lets keep this thred alive.
  Send a private message to this user    
Enrage
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 31 July 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im considering buying a 162. does anyone know if u can get this body kit here in aus? http://www.tccn.nl/st162/index.htm
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 31 July 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe thats the factory kit that all st162 SX have, except the side skirts look aftermarket, but the front lip and rear have just been sprayed.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 31 July 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It has wheel arch flares as well.
Enrage
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 01 August 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know where can i get the wheel flares n skirt?
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 01 August 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think those wheel arch flares were custom made/one of a kind.i'm guessing you would have to do the same.

i got my gt2 on monday Smile its goes alright, pretty impressed. i'm just waiting on a new set of leads which i ordered becuase the leads on it are stuffed, and the car runs a bit rough, especially when it gets warmer. about 1 hour ago i put my gt4 calipers and 10" st185 rotors on, just waiting for my friend to come around and help me bleed the brakes! hopefully there's no problems. "fingers crossed" Smile
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 01 August 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
possibly 2nd gen supra flares?

or maybe find some flares off a torana and slightly modify them something like that buy some and find out they can't be worth too much.
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 August 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Enrage wrote on Sat, 31 July 2004 12:16

im considering buying a 162. does anyone know if u can get this body kit here in aus? http://www.tccn.nl/st162/index.htm

Try emailing him directly, his address is listed on his website as ilpoto@planet.nl

He posts on these forums from time to time as well so I'm sure he'd be happy to fill you in.
Enrage
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 August 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool thanks.

question: do all 162s come stock with the 3sge or only the sx series?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 02 August 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Enrage - that's been covered before, short answer is for australian delivered models...only the 1986-1989 Celica SX have the 3S_GE.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 03 August 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fellow celica162 loyalists, can you possible help me out with a bad running 3sge celica SX. It runs dog rich becuase it's not getting enough air, or the ECU is getting bad readings. I know this becuase when i unscrew the idle screw all the way out so it sucks more air in, the idle smooths out and the engine runs better.

The engine will idle good when first started then when warmed up the idle will be going all over the place, with lots of greyish smoke coming out the back, fuel economey is crap, and the engine will nearly stall after you give it a rev.

My hunch is the Air meter (is it an AFM?) It looks as if tho it's been tampered with (has been pulled apart and siliconed back together. I have no information to test it, or to get error codes from the ECU (can this be done with the celica 162?)

I tried in Tech and conversions but nobody seemed to even help me, someone had a service manual and said he would give me info out of that, but have not heard from him.

SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 03 August 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the engine light showing up when you turn on the ignition?
I don't think the AFM has been tampered with, they're all like that. Is the air filter clean?
You mentioned that your getting grey smoke, this makes it difficult because people normally refer to it as white or blue, anyway is the smoke dark and hanging around for ages (blue) or quite light and just evaporates quickly (white)? If so it might be you head gasket, this can explain the idle as well.
Need more details.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 09:50]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 03 August 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the engine light will come on when you turn the ignition on, then it will go out once the car is started.

I did not know the AFM was supposed to look like that.
I tried running the engine without the air filter (as the air filter had alot of bugs stuck in it) Anyway it did not seem to make a difference so i can rule out the air filter bieng a problem.

Yeah the smoke is greyish, even has a tinge of light brown in it when you shine a torch beam as the smoke at the night-time.

Yes it burns abit of blue smoke too, wich would explian why it uses a litre of oil every 3 weeks or so.

I really don't think it's a BHG, it's air related, more specifically it's not getting enough of it, either the ECU is getting wrong readings from something like the AFM or it's something else related to air.

What does it mean when you take the idle screw all the way out so it's sucking heaps of air in, and it makes the engine run pretty much perfect. To me it means that letting that extra air in via the idle screw is compensating for something else that is cuasing the problem.

i wish there was some way i could test the AFM, like with a multimeter perhaps.

All i can tell you is that the fuel economy has gotten crap, the idle has gotten crap (up and down) and it will get close to stalling after giving it a rev. when i open up that idle screw it doesn't have a problem with stalling or the up and down idling.

i hope that is a detailed enough reply

Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 04 August 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah you can get the error codes, the diagnosis port is on the side wall of the engine bay, in front of the wiper motor, bridge T and E1 and count off the flashes on the engine light. and come back to us with any codes, I can give you the answers.

No sillycar88 grey smoke is usually just carbon build up from too much fuel, mine does that, blue is oil, and white is water.

Umm it may just be that screw you can go into say Dyno tune and they can adjust that until they get it right throughout the rev range.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 04 August 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few things, not getting enough air is fairly odd, you could have the ol' traditional air leak (check anywhere between AFM and the head for a whistling sound). If you're car is blowing grey smoke then it's likely to be built up carbon or you could just be running rich (the ECU is being told it has more air than it actually does).

There are two screws for the idle afaik - there's one that is near the AFM (I think it's blanked off though, or inoperable on 1st gen 3sge?) and the other is next to the throttle body. The TB one is for idle speed (not sure exactly how it accomplishes that) and the other is for the idle mixture.

Lastly, are all ST162 heads stamped as yamaha heads? I noticed this on a head I picked up but I don't remember seeing that on my current engine's head. Does anyone know what the different numbers mean?
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 04 August 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Wed, 04 August 2004 11:49

No sillycar88 grey smoke is usually just carbon build up from too much fuel, mine does that, blue is oil, and white is water.

Yeah Grey Smoke? Didn't know that one, hmmmmmmm, ohh well anyway the error code should give a better idea of whats wrong with the ecu and if its anything to do with air intake.

Id be going for something to do with vacuum lines/leak (yes straight outta of the Haynes Manual boys) but it occurred to me seeming your playing around with the idle control and it producing unusual results. Anyway we shall wait for the diagnosis codes.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 August 2004 09:57]

Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 04 August 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dingaling, i had the same problem as you with my 3sge. it use to bog-down really bad at the lights, and blow heaps of black/grey smoke, especially when i floored it.horrible fuel economy as well. part of the problem was due to a cracked and leaking intake pipe, from AFM to throttle body).i taped this up and it improved it, but not 100%. also my o2 sensor in the exhaust manifold was fouled/covered in carbon, and stuffed, so maybe check your o2 sensor. (sorry i cant spell Smile)
Polak
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 04 August 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there everybody.
I am new to this forum, so i still dont know too many ppl. So far a lot of these Lickas are lookin damn fine.

I was searching for some pics of sweet Celicas, and i came across one in the US with some sweet gauges that glow Shocked . These are for a ST162 Celica

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356851_23_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356851_21_full.jpg

Anyway, the gauges look wild as they light up blue, and was hoping that someone may know if it is possible to get them over here, where from and how much they would be??

Can anyone help?
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 05 August 2004 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to be an ass... BUT didn't you already start a Topic about this. Be patient a wait for a reply.

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 06 August 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Wiso, Thanks for informative reply, ok i did the diagnostics check and these are the codes i got:

I'm pretty sure i read the flashes correctly too.
So please let me know what those codes mean.

Thanx Alot!
-Dingaling.
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 06 August 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Code 21 - Problem with oxygen sensor circuit
Code 24 - Open or short in the intake air sensor circuit
Code 31 - Air Flow Meter (Open or short circuit)

Hope that helps, but you were pretty much right on target with you 1st presumtion, though there might also be probs not concerning the ECU.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 06 August 2004 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx silly, so where should i go from here? get a new o2 sensor and AFM from toyota? or can i check and fix the existing AFM and 02 sensor?

yes i think your right about other problems not relating to the ecu, i suspect the last mechanic did the timig wrong, you are supposed to short 2 points on the diagnostic box before setting the timing, well at least with my supra you are supposed to do it that way.

FWDboy, yeah i checked for leaking vacuum hoses first up and couldn't find or hear any leaks.

If the ECu was getting more air then it thought it was then it would be running lean and not rich right? the inside of the TVIS pipe is caked with what looks like oil. I can't see how to clean inside that pipe without removing the whole intake manifold off.
Yeah i found that other screw located on the AFM, I haven't touched that screw.

Aust162, How much was a new 02 sensor? The main air pipe (off the AFM) had an unusual shape to it on the end that attaches to the TVIS pipe almost like it was melted, but i think that was the way it was made.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 07 August 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so me and my mate whent to toyota and asked about a new AFM, they said "$1000" FuCK THAT!

anyone have a spare one that works they could sell? also an o2 sensor.

if not then where would be a good place to get one cheaper then $1000.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 07 August 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can buy an O2 sensor from oldcorollas on the forums here.. he has great prices too.. about $65 I think

AFM.. if you want to phone Celicar Spares here in Sydney to see if he has one.. I will go get it and mail it down to you if he won't ship if you like. Give me like $20 or so for postage, a box from the post shop, some fluffy stuff and petrol and I can get it to you. A wrecked 162 shouldn't be hard to find with one on though dude
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 07 August 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob Thanx a million mate!

no wrecked 162's here in TAS :(-. I will look up the number for celica spares and let you know what happens.

(when i whent to toyota today, I was talking to the mechanic and i was telling him all this stuff and he was impressed with my toyota knowledge, i'm going to apply for a job there now. Very Happy
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 07 August 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling, i have a spare AFM (in good working order) and a spare o2 sensor aswell. i think the o2 sensor is not the greatest thou Sad i will sell the AFm to ya and you can just have the 02 sensor. let me know Smile
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 07 August 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aust162, you beuty!

PM sent
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 07 August 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know where you can get a AFM and Ox sensor for next to nothing, my car has both so you just send me your Supra and I'll send down my cell. Fair trade?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 07 August 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that deal sounds fantastic!! the celica i am fixing is a friends so i'll just give him your celica and you have my supra, and i'll keep the dud AFM and O2! actually your too generous! i'd feel guilty taking up such a good offer. Rolling Eyes
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 07 August 2004 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

If the ECu was getting more air then it thought it was then it would be running lean and not rich right?
That is correct, I said the same thing, just the other way around, the ECu is being TOLD it is getting more air than it actually is - ie it's calculating fuel for a larger flow of air when in reality the actual amount of air reaching the engine is much smaller - ie richer mixture.

Of course in your case it looks like you have some electrical issues as opposed to vacuum leak.
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 07 August 2004 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 20:47

that deal sounds fantastic!! the celica i am fixing is a friends so i'll just give him your celica and you have my supra, and i'll keep the dud AFM and O2! actually your too generous! i'd feel guilty taking up such a good offer. Rolling Eyes

Are you sure??? I can always chuck in a sports muffler or some more audio equiptment. anyway think about it. Very Happy JK
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 09 August 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i needed to post something because our thread was getting very close to the bottom of the "general car talk" page Razz
ok questions, where is the boost line on a 3sgte, and where's a good place in melbourne to get my car dyno tuned?, its running so rich..
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 10 August 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much can i work my auto box?
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 16 August 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
before u guys tell me to do a search, i did n couldnt find anything so here goes - Would i have to put the gen1 wsge intake/plenum onto a gen2 3sge from a jap spec 182 for it to fit into the engine bay of the 162? Or would it bolt straight in as it is already set up for FWD - I know that these have to be changed around for a gen3 sw20 engine, but as its FWD already what the go? Lookin at gettiun one of the 1/2 cuts from the for sale section instead of a gen3 import.

What ya reckon? Cheers fellas
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 16 August 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I don't see why not man, it should work fine with the 182 manifolds, after all if the mr2 gen2 manifolds fit, those will.

This is something no one has tried so you can't really ask, you'll just have to give it ago yourself Smile

EDIT:

haha just saw the pics, yeah it should work fine, if you wanna wait for a bit of info though, me and a friend "farmsci_st162" are putting a gen2 with the gen2 manifolds out of an mr2 in his st162 this weekend, then it may be a little while working out some custom pipes and wiring.

No one else has really done this and he prides himself on that. ohh well he really wants the extra power cause he has the bathurst edition one, 125kw Up To Something

[Updated on: Mon, 16 August 2004 09:49]

olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 16 August 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 16 August 2004 19:31

yeah I don't see why not man, it should work fine with the 182 manifolds, after all if the mr2 gen2 manifolds fit, those will.

This is something no one has tried so you can't really ask, you'll just have to give it ago yourself Smile

EDIT:

haha just saw the pics, yeah it should work fine, if you wanna wait for a bit of info though, me and a friend "farmsci_st162" are putting a gen2 with the gen2 manifolds out of an mr2 in his st162 this weekend, then it may be a little while working out some custom pipes and wiring.

No one else has really done this and he prides himself on that. ohh well he really wants the extra power cause he has the bathurst edition one, 125kw Up To Something

um i hate to be anoying but im pretty sure that the bathurst edition 3sge is the gen 3, cos the gen 2 3sge only has 118kws i think.
correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats the case also an article in fast fours which outlines all the models and what cars they came in also says this.

sorry if im being a techno nerd but i did a bit of research into the feasability of installing this engine into a st162 and i think its the go. and with a bit of work (cams, port&polish, lightened flywheel, extractors&zorst plus management) Very Happy u could be putting the wind up alot turbo cars Twisted Evil .

of course as always i could be totally wrong. Laughing Laughing
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 16 August 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, one of those frontcuts seems to be the go - ive been checkin out that photo n it does look like it will fit - snugly, but it'll fit. Time to gets some more moneys!

Thanx for the input fellas
dar_sbb
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm... can a gen3 head bolt onto the gen1 block? are there ne ecu issues with doin this?

Considering the also get the intake manifold... will the exhuast manifold also fit?

[Updated on: Tue, 17 August 2004 01:08]

Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes there are issues with that, as i know the gen 2 and gen 3 heads are different but there is probally an addapter out there somewhere.

The ecu will be a problem.

Probally easyer to get a Gen 3 and an ecu to match.
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC, I'm in the same boat as you.....I'm giving serious thought to replacing the tired (263000km) 3SGE in my ST162 with a Gen 2 or 3 3SGE.

I know the Gen 2 will fit in the engine bay of an ST162, and here's a pic to prove it!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid135/p3fd2d4920a5a3f173b12cd960510fc01/f764982e.jpg

This is a pic taken by a friend (you out there Sez?) when they were considering buying this ST162 a few months ago. When the car was inspected it turned out to be a lemon (and considering the filthy state of the engine bay that's no real surprise) so they didn't buy it, but you can see that it fits no worries.

My guess is that if a Gen 2 fits OK then a Gen 3 would be fine as well. (Since they both went into SW20 MR2s and the engine bay on those didn't change) But I'm just guessing here and could well be wrong.

So it looks like these motors will physically fit, my concern would be how easy they would be to wire into the ST162. I'm hoping it will be a plug and play excercise, but somehow I don't think it would be that simple....... But again, this pic proves that it has been done and hopefully the wiring isn't too bad.

Wiso, keep us up to date on how your friends conversion goes! I will be very interested to know the outcome on that one. But I think olihaub is right, the Gen 2 3SGE from the ST182/MR2 (Shown in the pic) has 117kW. The Gen 3 3SGE (with 125kW) was in the Bathurst MR2 (and JDM ST202 Celicas) released in 1994. As an old fart, I have magazines from 1994 that show this!

-Matt

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet!thanx for that Matt. i was gonna go the gen3 but fundin is a bit tight, so im thinkin gen2 with some cams n headwork would be fine! Im thinkin that the wiring up wouldnt be too bad,it was originally in a celica (182) so it should be fairly similar.

thanx again
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so yeah, AT160s are great huh?
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 15:48

Sweet!thanx for that Matt. i was gonna go the gen3 but fundin is a bit tight, so im thinkin gen2 with some cams n headwork would be fine! Im thinkin that the wiring up wouldnt be too bad,it was originally in a celica (182) so it should be fairly similar.

thanx again

Yeah I agree with you there, I think the Gen 2 would probably be easier to wire up then the Gen 3, since the Gen 2 is from the ST182 and as you said should be fairly similar. The Gen 3 is likely to have more differences since it is a generation later and no doubt Toyota kept fiddling with them in the intervening years.

And if you really want 125kW, it should be fairly easy to get from a motor that has 117kW to start with....we're only talking 8kW here and that should be quite easy to achieve with a CAI and extractors. It's a much bigger difference from 103kW (Gen 1) to 117, so I think I'd be pretty happy with a Gen 2. Should be cheaper than a Gen 3 and easier to wire up to boot.

For now I think I'll see how wiso's mate's conversion goes, should answer all of our questions!

*cough* expecting a write up with pics *cough* Razz

-Matt
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ill let you all know how much of a pain in the arse wiring is within a couple of weeks, shouldnt be TOO many hassles. by the looks of it ive just gotta track down what plug is what on the gen 2 loom and find the corresponding plug on the gen 1 loom and swap em over. But then again... how often is it as easy as it seems... if it was always as easy as it seems i wouldnt be driving a shitbox magna right now.

The engine goes in this weekend, ill post up some pics if yas like.

Steve (aka. wiso's friend)
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My front window is leaking very badly... since it hasnt rained for ages i didn't know... what should i do... get new rubbers and get it fitted again or dodgy it up with sealant stuff..?

Help please
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt86sx wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 16:09

For now I think I'll see how wiso's mate's conversion goes,

Hey hey steve you see that it man, it has been classed as a conversion rather than just a swap you gotta be happy with that.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 August 2004 14:55]

stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy, 95% of the time the front window leaks it is due to rust Sad . you are best to get it done properly. They use a Polly urethane sealant, not a dodgy sikaflex type sealant. Best to do it right the first time.

Cheers

Jeff
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 17 August 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mine leaks too mate, bestvthing is to take it down to a wnidow place, im using National widnscreens as they are cheap and do a good job - they're gonna pull the old one out, clean up any rust and refit it (if they dont break it when pulling iot out). The rubbers are actually only decorative on the 162s, the just sit under and around the black strip they dont actually stop it leaking. all up if they break the glass im lookin at 156bux.

Hope this helps
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 18 August 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah get it done buy some one who knows wot they are doing
i broke 2 windscreens from escorts at pick and pay less cos i didnt know wot i was doing Rolling Eyes
but the third time was lucky Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 18 August 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take off some off the roofliner and have a look for rust... thanks for the help guys...

Im pretty sure that its not the sunroof thats leaking but theres probably a good chance that it is...
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 18 August 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check if the window actually comes up to the rubber, if it doesn't then that's your problem otherwise start looking for them holes.

If it's the first problem just take the door lining off and check that the window mechanism is together and working properly. Smile
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 19 August 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to butt in with an old problem fella's.

I had the idling issue, and got codes from the ECU saying the AFM and 02 were cactus, well i got another AFM and 02 for a good price (thanx karl). anyway i installed them and reset the ECU and it helped with the running rich problem, no more plumes of grey smoke out the exuast, abit more responsive when driving and i would expect the fuel econemy will be back to normal. But the darn hunting idle problem still persists. It seems to only happen every now and again, usually just after driving. The engine sounds abit lumpy too, not as smooth as what i remember. I'm at the end of my tether with this. what could it be? I'm going to try better fuel, and also do the timing, just incase the previous mechanic didn't do it properly (ie short the diag block first) Someone mentioned it's a common problem regarding the intake manifold.

any suggestions would be great.
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 August 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any of you guys out there wrecking an st162 sx? Looking to track down a few bits n pieces. Namely front wheel hubs with camber adjusters, drivers door, passenger door trim bits for late model black interior with power windows. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 August 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys

Replacing Fuel Filters, are they expensive and easy to do your self?? i think i need mine changed like ages ago, what kind of bad stuff can happen?? i think this is the result of my bad fuel economy and power loss.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 August 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so frikkin easy man
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 August 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got quoted $60 for a genuine fuel filter for an ST162 from a toyota parts place...

eek.

What's an average price?
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 August 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well when my car was getting serviced it was quoted 17 bucks, but maybe that could have been a dodgy fuel filter??
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 August 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i changed my fuel filter 2 weeks ago on mine. i found it to be pretty annoying but not hard. had to take the left wheel off to get to the outlet fitting.

The part no is z394 for 3sge.

RRP: westfil $68.99 and ryco is $69.99, dont know toyota, but it should be more than that...

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 August 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i'll agree with aust162 there, paid about that for my ryco one!

Nezza Cool
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 26 August 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ok i know this could go in parts wanted but i thought i might try here first, if not i'm off to the wreckers.

I'm looking for a drivers seat out of a 162, i don't want the seat itself, i want the bottom mounts and rails attached to it.
Pages (63): [ «  <  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:48:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01660418510437 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.