Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 03 October 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kirks creaming soda is quite possibly one of the best drinks in the world also. Brad, i like those fittings. Have you now decided to scrap the twin-charge idea as well?

Tonight i also have my gen2 engine arriving, courtesy of CharlieMr2 - a very nice and helpful lad. Sometime this week my microtech should also be arriving. So i finally have both money and time to work on my car and seems like things are going to be coming along nicely over the next few weeks. Im also going to purchase some king lows to drop in.

Hopefully i can get the head off somtime over the weekend and drop it in to be worked. Need to get me some cams also (still working out what size) and then going to get some more suspension stuff

a)new front strut tower
b)camber tops/bigger camber kit
c)rear strut brace
d)front sway bar
e)lots more eurethane goodies

i'll gets some pics and keep you all up to date
  Send a private message to this user    
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 03 October 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yay, next page

Jon, you can now post pics of your car!
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 03 October 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah im gunna do it just need the first stage running first lol dont wanna tackle to many problems at once just makes it a pain in the arse to iron out the bugs and shit

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/speedflowbraid.jpg

braided fuel lines meet 162 thread , 162 thread meet braided hose lol Razz

fuckin love it

engines a bit dusty haha sittin around for a while finaly gettin my finger out to get things moving again

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2005 10:03]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 03 October 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/Photo-0070.jpg

dont know if ive postd this but just to show its still on like donkey kong just need this new turbo for the blower to be useful
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 03 October 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking good - i need some of those lines me thiks....not really although i would like to get around to getting some braided lines for my brakes (all 4 corners)

So, i just got my new engine, gen2 3sge with less than 100,000 kms on it

so i hope to get the head off by the weekend or over the weekend and get it in the shop by next week

Microtech should be here tomorrow or wednesday and will be put into the other car next week whilst at trade school

Coupla q's:karl, what 'box are you running. And i havent had a chance to look(too dark) but are the flywheels for the gen1 the same as the gen2?Splines the same etc?

I also have some newes on the ongoing LSD box, no LSD box. I cant be effed typing it up now so i'll do it tomorrow

Catcha
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 04 October 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer the price adds up quick around 18 bucks per fitting, and 31 dollars a metre in hose doesnt sound much but when you need 5 fittings and 2 metres of hose just for the fuel system it will add up wen there spread across the engine bay
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 04 October 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Been a LONG time coming.....but finally, starting tomorrow, I'll be installing this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/macca_1972/PICT0031.jpg

into this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/macca_1972/CelicaLowered.jpg

I've had the engine sitting in the workshop for about 6 months now, just been waiting to have enough time and money to do it! Nezza (aka 3SGTE Man) will be giving me a hand, being the champ that he is. Should have the engine out by tomorrow afternoon, and then the fun will begin! Pics to come.

Andy, get ready for me to pick your brain!!

Laters,
Matt
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 04 October 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt good luck with it all - how many kms has that done and are you going to do anything to it?

Here's some pics of the new engine thats gonna go in - im going to get rid of the headers, heat shield and pretty much all of whats left of the loom, so if u want anything, shout out

damn....pic is too big and cant be stuffed resizing it

get em up later

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 04 October 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quick advice.... fucking timing belt tensioner u know the bolt above it that u undo and it will release the tension on the timing belt well thats wat the exploded view of the engine shows me or am i going in the wrong direction lol

well i undid that top bolt a bit and it wont fucking release tension and im pissed off lol so tell me how

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2005 09:22]

GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 04 October 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, jus picked up these rims the other day off sydney's 162 dealership (karl)
hope these pics work, first time'r here !!!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/nick_162/P9290019ss.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/nick_162/P9290008ss.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/nick_162/P9290007ss.jpg

they look awesome on the car , no scrubbing either !!! unlike my last 17's !!!!

nick.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 04 October 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 22:21

Coupla q's:karl, what 'box are you running. And i havent had a chance to look(too dark) but are the flywheels for the gen1 the same as the gen2?Splines the same etc?

StuC. im using the gearbox that came with the ST182 half cut, its got to be better than the st162 one. the gen2 flywheel may have a larger diameter than the gen1. measure it and see how you go. let me know if u need any other info.

GBC_069 wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 21:09

hey guys, jus picked up these rims the other day off sydney's 162 dealership (karl)
hope these pics work, first time'r here !!!

Laughing lookin good Nick.

Matt all the best with the project, should an exciting time for you as it was for me. Very Happy

btw guys, I started the GEN2 today, sounds awesome.
jhalmers
Regular

July 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 04 October 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi just wondering i have a problem. I need to know what people did to mount speakers in the rear in original holes. I am also after factory rear speakers if anyone wants to part with them. Toyota wont sell them. Also i am looking at a set of hp design mags advertised by tempe tyres in gold let me know what you think.
www.tempetyres.com.au
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 04 October 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jhalmers wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 07:38

hi just wondering i have a problem. I need to know what people did to mount speakers in the rear in original holes. I am also after factory rear speakers if anyone wants to part with them. Toyota wont sell them. Also i am looking at a set of hp design mags advertised by tempe tyres in gold let me know what you think.
www.tempetyres.com.au

are you talking about the front or the back spekers? i replaced all the speakers in the car with pioneer 4in the rear ones fitted fine in the holes the fronts i had to mod to fit them in as the front ones were 3 1/2 in as for the toyota speakers mine were screwed so ive got none for you
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 05 October 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i put 4inch mb quartz in the front fitted fine and do they crank lol Razz
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 05 October 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i have to get now is a set of 6in for the rear Razz btw anyone know a good place in newcastle to get a clutch?? since ill be needing one soon Wink
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 05 October 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys for the well wishes!

Engine came out today, Nezz and I started at about 7.30 and were done by 11.30am. Smile Pics to start flowing soon.

Stuc, the engine has just under 54000km on it. Not doing too much to it, just a K&N panel filter, new timing belt, clutch and exhaust system.

And nick those are my favorite rims on a 162 - they look fantastic on your car. I am planning to get a set of those for mine one of these days for sure.

Matt
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 05 October 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i picked up my new number plate the other day what do you think?

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/144/img01277fa.th.jpg
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 05 October 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers matt !!! i like em too !!!

yeh i have 4"s all round mine !!!
kenwood 4's in the front and rear JBL 2 way 4"s in stock places, they sound good too !!! considering there are 2 x 10's 30 below em !!!!
who needs expensive 6x9's when u have good quality 4"s and 2x10"s

if you want my original rears but ( sound pretty shit, considering they are like 12w or something ) let us know !!!!

nick.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 05 October 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the originals too - just need to pull them out.
Im running kicker 4" splits upo front, blaupunkt 6*9's in rear and a 10" MTX sub. All speakers are running off amps.

My microtech arrived today too so i'll unroll it and get a bit more aqauinted with the wiring a bit more. Decided not to install it into the car until the engine is back together as it will make it a bit easier to install on th eback of the engine.

Catcha
jhalmers
Regular

July 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 05 October 2005 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much you want for the rears its just i am wondering how to fit a pair to the original holes with out cutting the plastic. Also what is a good company to get a st182 half cut off
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 06 October 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i just got myself some michelin pilot precedas on my car, and i gotta say it handles awesome and makes the car super responsive on turns, just incase anyone was thinking of getting some new tyres Very Happy
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 06 October 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be joining this thread more activly soon, picking up Ravnus's black celica for $2200. want to carry out a beams conversion on it simular to the aw11 beams conversion i did earlier.

StuC: charliemr2 is a legend. I didn't know he had a gen2 forsale? I heard he is selling his redtop beams from his mr2 wonder how much is is after for it. He's going to quadcam v6 from what i've heard. next time you see him can you tell him i never said anybad shit about him, i did however say the LSD oil he sold me was crap for my diff (i didn't name any names). I owe you one if you can pass that on as i'm not in melbourne for awhile.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 06 October 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He wasnt actually selling the gen2, was a mate and he was the middle man. He didnt mention selling his BEAMS, wish he had! PM me iff u want his mobile number to get in contact with him

Catcha
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 06 October 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here are some fresh pics of my car, it coming together sweetly,

engine is running and sounds really healthy,

should have the front on tomorrow. then off to get the exhaust
done. enjoy Very Happy

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/pic1.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/pic2.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/pic3.jpg

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 07 October 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice wish my body was in that cond but we cant have everything can we Razz

on another note

turbo and fpr and metal headgasket and head studs are on there way Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jees 360 bucks for 10 bolts and a remote oil filter kit fuckin cars
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey strangers Razz

I been off at the new forums, toymods.net.

make sure you go and register with correct details cause signups take a while because details are actually checked to avoid all the dodgy sellers and crap we have been getting on these forums.

ANYWAY... piggy - > LOVE your number plate Smile

matt.. can't' wait for the piccies

warrior, champion work, as always..

as for ME, well, I just installed a JDM ECU the other day I got from an importer in NZ. so that's cool

I need a new rear sway bar and bushes now bad
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer wats the go with the new forum.. are they shutting this one down or something?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow karl that celica looks like it just rolled off the factory line. (except for the front bar)

so i just picked up my celica today. not bad for $2000 Very Happy \

http://members.iinet.net.au/~urantiacjd/celica/IMG_3942.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~urantiacjd/celica/IMG_3943.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~urantiacjd/celica/IMG_3944.jpg

It came with complete soundsystem too which was a nice bonus. (mtx sub woofer, clarion speakers, 4 ch 4x250watt amp, pioneer cd player.

needs abit of work, i need some panels, interiour bits etc.

Oh yeah it's got a 2 and a half inch exuast all the way thru! dam noisy, wouldn't trading for stock exuast.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 06:45]

piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling looks nice you going to do any mods to it?

RobST162 thanks for you comment Very Happy
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx piggy! just buaght for my daily driver becuase fuel economy kicks arse compared to the supra. but a beams is looking tasty for it.
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing beams are always tasty for the 162 id do one but there not cheap Confused
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take the shoppin trolley handle off for starters Razz....

nice buy

if anyone sees any 38 to low 40's external gates around cheap not those shti ebay ones.. something like tial or turbosmart or something throw me a pm
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the wing actually looks pretty good on it in the flesh, but i'm swapping ot around with a stock spoiler, my friend wants ot on his celica.

Anybody have any idea why the check engine light won't show codes when you short teh diagnostics block? I stuck a multimeter in pins e1 and te1 and it's showing around 5 volts, but the engine light is not flashing at all. (i tried with wire of course, but used the MM to check it was getting voltage).

piggy, your not wrong beams are dam expensive, and even a caldina haldcut is rare as hens teeth, but they really are the most ultimate NA engine i've ever driven.
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know how much they normally go for just out of intrest ?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i found a blacktop fwd caldina beams 3sge for for around $3000 inclduding a 5 spd lsd box that whent into an aw11, but usually they the engines themselves go for around $3000-$5000 Of course the rwd Altessa blacktop beams are more expensive and put out that bit extra HP (210 compared to 200) That's a rouph estimate anyway.

I know a of a redtop Beams that has done around 60,000k's forsale at the moment, and i've seen this one in the flesh and it's perfect!
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe the bulb is blown

everyone to there own with looks i spose
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nup the bulb works which really puts my brain to work. The diagnostic block is showing voltage when shorting pins e1 and t1. Mad

Will have to trace all the wiring. It's got an alarm system installed which i will be ripping out, alot of hack jobs were done on it, so i wouldn't be surprised if the wiring has been fucked right around. Mad
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
double post dammit

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 10:03]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Triple post GOD DAM! toymods servers really must be running on 4age ECU's!

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 10:05]

piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 20:01

Triple post GOD DAM! toymods servers really must be running on 4age ECU's!

Laughing Laughing yeah ive almost finished my rebuild just have to lap the valves and get the head resurfaced and get my new clutch and new cv's but apart form that its all done Very Happy im hope i might be able to get it done in 2weeks Very Happy
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 weeks nice... i got months always waitin on some fucker to order something in and ship this from here and find this ill be after parts for the next 6 months ahah.. bought a 91mr2 water pump 3sge, turns out there not the same pump although the part number is the same, got it cheap so no great loss so im gunna try change the housing over as my old one the bearing is starting to be a little noisy so hope that works saves me 100 bucks.

just reinforincg what i think

for those of you have taken off there head are the hold bolts a dual hex 8mm bit? not sure if the 3sge is the same as 3sgte should be
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the rebuild costing you piggy?

Yeah 3sge's seem to go thru the water pumps faster then most engines i've noticed, either that or the replacement ones from supercheap have short lived bearings. The timing belt if too tight could be another reason for the bearings to fail on waterpumps so soon. (under a year!)

Ah yes the 3sge headbolts! i had a mix up with toyota they supplied camry ones from a 3sfe i believe, the had different heads (hex). and they also don't fit past the cams. Pretty sure the GTE ones are the same $90 a set.

Berad yep 8mm hex headbolts. I will double check tommorow to be sure.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 13:12]

havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put my 2 12" 1000W(peak not rms) pioneers in back of my celica today......GOT DOOF... fits very snuggly just behind back seat

anyone know of a good place to mount an amp in the boot? was thinking maybe on the underside of the parcel tray, but if i ever had to take tray out would have to disconnect amp. so any other idea's?

dingaling love the black paint job. i'd love to get my celica sprayed black with some medium sized solid white flames going up the doors.

my 2c if ricey input

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 13:26]

warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the comments guys, its really coming along really sweet, (touch wood)

should be on the road next week.

nice pickup dingaling, looks sweet. and im with ya mate do the beams Very Happy .

dingaling wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 18:46

I stuck a multimeter in pins e1 and te1 and it's showing around 5 volts, but the engine light is not flashing at all. (i tried with wire of course, but used the MM to check it was getting voltage).

the pinout isnt E1 and TE1 mate. its T and E1 ,here is a pic mate. hope it helps.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/pinout.jpg

Karl
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol yer 90 bucks... i got arp head studs need something stronger than std.. 250 bucks lol
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx karl.

Yeah i knew i probably typed them in wrong my supra has e1 and t1 (getting mixed up) But i am familiar with the correct pins to short.

They show a voltage when shorted with a meter. So shorting with wire should initiate the codes on the dash, but nup no activity. The bulb works, when you turn the ignition on the engine light comes on like normal.

So i'm stumped. Need to see what codes are logged as i know it's not running quit right. very frustrating Mad

Will have to tap into the pins off the ECU and get them from there or check the wiring to the dash light dammit.

Atually if i wired up a 5v-12v light globe to 2 bits of wire and bridges those pins, i wonder if i can get the codes from there? probably not.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 14:39]

warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 00:34

thanx karl.

Yeah i knew i probably typed them in wrong my supra has e1 and t1 (getting mixed up)

but they are the pins i'm shorting(in your pic). They show a voltage when shorted with a meter. So shorting with wire should initiate the codes on the dash. The bulb works too. I'm stumped. Need to see what codes are logged as i know it's not running quit right. very frustrating.

are you getting a code at all?

is it a constant flash?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nup nothing, no light activity at all.

thats one of the problems of buying a car with all sorts of mods and things done to it, i'd say the wiring has been messed around with, first thing tommorow i'm ripping out the alarm system, start clean check every wire in the loom. Need to track down an ECU pin diagram for the gen1 somehow.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 14:46]

warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know you probably already know this, BUT

did you have the reds on when you loop the wires?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm not sure what you mean? the reds as in the red lights on the dash when the ignition is on?

but yeah tried that too, done it normal way first (short pins then turn ignition on, and also tried after ignition was on, not that i thought it would do anything but tried just incase

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 14:52]

warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea the key has to be in the ON position and the engine is NOT running. with the red lights in the dash are on. (ie reds) Razz

the reds should be on before looping the wires

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 14:56]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep sure did, It's got me baffled why it won't work if the globe has shown it self to work, and voltage is showing up thru those pins, it must be the wiring.

By the way Karl do you have much left in the way of parts for 162's? just going thru your thread at the moment. I am pretty sure i buaght an AFM and O2 sensor off you for a good price awhile ago. Smile
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see how you go with the wiring , sounds a little odd to me,
could be something wrong in the ecu not giving error codes.
if you dont find anything wrong with the wiring borrow an st162 ECU
off a mates car and see if that works.

yea, i still have 162 parts mate, if you need anything, let me know.

cheers

Karl
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats not a bad idea friend has an st162. ECU is always the last thing i expect to go wrong, but i spose it does happen.

Yep i'll write up a pretty BIG list of parts i'm after tommorow Wink
Surprised it came with a RWC with no fualts listed, and already i've picked about 20 fualts that would make it impossible to get registered here in Tas.
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haveabeer this is were i put my amp in sorry about the messy boot normally has car parts in it Razz

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7868/img01282bk.th.jpg

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/7027/img01299eq.th.jpg

dingaling so far it has cost me about 2 grand inc the motor but i still have to buy the clutch and the cv's (tuesdays job) Very Happy
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey piggy how did you mount that board in there?? is it screwed to the plastic or does it go right through to the metal??
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i need to make a boot install too,

the sub box only fits in the far back corners of the boot so that limited it heaps at the moment, i nwated to make a fake floor with the amp under perspex and neons etc,but i dotn wanna loose my spare tyre
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EEE YAH Shocked Shocked

so i pulled the dash out, and the wiring behind there has been mutilated!!
i removed it all and reconnected all the original wiring. ( heaps of stray wire hanging around ready to short circuit!

Now i can read codes, got a code 21, 02 sensor, i knew it wasn't running right, i could see brownish grey smoke come out the tail pipe as i was following my friend driving it after picking it up.
should have another 02 from a 4age that should work, will see how it goes. might be some big end noise too Crying or Very Sad will have to listen to it again, could be a tapping in the head (valve clearance hopefully.

yeah piggy that is the same amp i have in this celica. (boss 4x 60watt rms) how does it sound?

$2000 is pretty good price.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
3sgte time turn it into a 5000 dollar nice lookin half fast celica Razz
Pages (63): [ «  <  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:54:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.025099992752075 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.