Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 15 October 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol yeah I used to have like lower than superlows and it was killing me!

btw, make sure you're on the new forums Wink

just a little hint there ok Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 16 October 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can any one reccomend me a good oil and gearbox oil. i just swapped eninges in my car (due to blown big end bearing) and i need to fill this one up?

i have put new gearbox in and i dont wanna ruin the syncro's any recomendations of gearbox oils?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 16 October 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
redline or motul if u can afford it about 90 bucks to fill ur gearbox with it but its fuckin awesome
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 16 October 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenevill wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 19:44

anyhoo.. mainly to buck naked... the coilovers are awesome man, thanks a lot. had a minor glitch trying to put them in, the holes where you put the bolts into the hub were about 2mm too small, and i couldnt find a big enough drill bit to widen it haha. ah well, it was fixed up the next day and they are quite simply awesome handling wise. even when running stocko 14" rims with second hand tyres.

Hey Dave,

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner!

Glad you got them in and setup - the old series 1 / series 2 hub missmatch eh? Smiley =

Last week I posted off a few extras: the adjusting knob from Koni, some sticker and some other random bits. You've probably got them by now Smiley = How did you go adjusting the height etc? Got some pictures for us?
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 16 October 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm more looking for linear springs, are super-low's linear? If they are I might look into them as well.
kenevill
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 16 October 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that the C-shifter you're talking about for the height adjustment? We just did that with a spanner haha.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 16 October 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I KNOW someone's written it all up, but buggered if I can remember where it was.

Does anyone here have a write up on changing the rear sway bar on a 162?

Or would they like to!? Smile

Thanks heaps guys

Rob
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mechanic did mine while he did other stuff, he said he had to drop the fuel tank to get it in
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenevill wrote on Sun, 16 October 2005 15:49

is that the C-shifter you're talking about for the height adjustment? We just did that with a spanner haha.

Nah, not the height one (I wasn't supplied one of those), the dampening adjustment on the Koni's. Glad everything worked out okay, you got a serious bargain Smiley =
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 09:25

Hey I KNOW someone's written it all up, but buggered if I can remember where it was.

Does anyone here have a write up on changing the rear sway bar on a 162?

Or would they like to!? Smile

Thanks heaps guys

Rob

Yep, need to drop the fuel tank slightly (by removing the strap supports!), and the filler hose also needs to come off for a while. would be easier if done under lifters as i doubt the average backyard jack/support would be high enough`
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm well jack stands are all I have!
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile good luck Smile Smile Smile
it'll be worthwhile though i assure you
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe i'll use the engine hoist (it's a 2 tonne) and winch the back of the car WAY up Very Happy
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure you grease-up the bushes GoOoOoD Wink
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah? before I install them? both inside and out, or just inside.

just a rubber grease?

Never done bushes before, it's gotta be the ONLY thing I haven't done actually lol
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sway bar do you have?

If Whiteline, they come with 2 bright yellow polyeuterene bushes, with a packet of white....questionable oily substance.

1.Jack up the car
2. find supports for the fuel tank
3. remove the fuel tank straps (there should be 2) and lower it a little....perhaps 2-3 inches
4. If can...undo the fuel filler pipe..not recommended if u have more than 1/4 tank
5. jiggle ma wiggle the old bar out (proceed to bin the useless junk or bend to use as ornamental object)
6. grease the bush with white stuff (in and out) Wink
7. slip it back in place
8. put everything back together
9. test drive by fanging the car into a corner, if you come out with a smile like this Very Happy followed by a Shocked and than Evil or Very Mad ....everything's good, but if this Crying or Very Sad than repeat process with a thicker custom bar...or just save the trouble and get a roll cage
however... if Confused than get a rear strut

hope it helps

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2005 03:56]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u make it sound so easy... im gunna make my own strutbraces i think cant be to hard haha... wack a thread on it to pull the struts in or i thought of jackin the front end up and doing it that way the struts are pulled in a little more but that may cause problems haha
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 13:54

If Whiteline, they come with 2 bright yellow polyeuterene bushes, with a packet of white....questionable oily substance.

1.Jack up the car
3. remove the fuel tank straps (there should be 2) and lower it a little....perhaps 2-3 inches
4. If can...undo the fuel filler pipe..not recommended if u have more than 1/4 tank
5. jiggle ma wiggle the old bar out (proceed to bin the useless junk or bend to use as ornamental object)
7. slip it back in place
9. test drive by fanging the car into a corner, if you come out with a smile like this Very Happy followed by a Shocked and than Evil or Very Mad ....everything's good, but if this Crying or Very Sad than repeat process with a thicker custom bar...or just save the trouble and get a roll cage

hope it helps

lol awesome! And your cool instructions made me laugh.

Yeah huh it's a Whiteline one Smile Will be here in next couple of days I hope!
mahon
Regular

September 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys;

I bought my first celica a few weeks ago (st162) and have just got around to getting it up in the members rides section... so yeah check it out and give me your thoughts...?

IT CAN BE FOUND AT:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=83885&start=0&rid=12218&S=519bec8c69 c6bee83e31700c952ebcc3
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check out my build up on ozcelica got my turbo photo ohh im in love haha
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi while putting my set of extractors back on my 3S-GE, i've snapped one of the bolts.
0 0
/ \ / \
0 0 0 0
|
THIS ONE

can i still run the car like this (assuming no exhaust leakage?)

or how do i replace the bolt that was in there?

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2005 07:58]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if there's still some of the bolt hanging out you could still remove it after you took the extractors back out Sad
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youll most likely have a zorst leaks use an ezy out but there shit unless u get the hole dead centre, or use lock nut thingos
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but how do i do that?? just grab on tight and twist or is there a special way of going about it?
kenevill
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buck naked wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 11:09

kenevill wrote on Sun, 16 October 2005 15:49

Nah, not the height one (I wasn't supplied one of those), the dampening adjustment on the Koni's. Glad everything worked out okay, you got a serious bargain Smiley =

fair enough.. you can just adjust the dampeners with plyers haha. unless you want to sell that cheap so i can have a gen-u-Ine Koni dampener adjuster haha
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenevill wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 18:08

unless you want to sell that cheap so i can have a gen-u-Ine Koni dampener adjuster haha

As I said, I dropped it in the post last week, so your gen-u-Ine adjuster should be arriving soon Smiley =

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2005 10:38]

havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can anyone tell me where i can get an easy out from??
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any automotive shop, i woudlnd really recomend them but if u dont know what ur doing, can u get 2 small nuts on the thread, and then wind back the one closest to tha head so it tightens on the outer one and losens the bolt instead of coming off?
jhalmers
Regular

July 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 October 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh ezy outs are a prick to use even if you get the hole dead centre. try the bolt trick if you can't get it out take to a pro shop possibly a exhaust, brake centres and mechanics should all have these tools
kenevill
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 October 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buck naked wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 20:26

kenevill wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 18:08

unless you want to sell that cheap so i can have a gen-u-Ine Koni dampener adjuster haha

As I said, I dropped it in the post last week, so your gen-u-Ine adjuster should be arriving soon Smiley =

oop my bad.. got it today Very Happy... Cheers man.
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 October 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i jus picked up a keyless entry unit thingi, any tips for wiring it up ? it came with a basic wiring diagram, anyone dun one of these b4 and have any tips, diagrams ???
its jus the remote entry bit so shouldnt be too hard !!!!

any help appreciated !!!! nick.
The_owl
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 October 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello to all! i have a 1988 st162 celica and i have a cracked head atm Sad and it is $750 for a new head or $1000 for a 3sge motor. so i want to get the motor and put it into my 3sfe celica, but i dont know whats involved and if it is really worth it, i mean, would i really notice the difference? please email anything u think will help to: peteys_rippin_shit@hotmail.com thanks heaps to all that help me coz i need to make a decision FAST!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 October 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone get in contact with Farmsci_ST162 and get him to sell his motor to me? I haven't had any luck with PMing etc as I don't think he comes on here anymore.
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 October 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i tried gettin in touch with him like 6mths ago , no luck !!! lol

jus to let everyone know, make the switch over to the new forums !!!

majority of the celica clan is there, thats why traffic has slowed down on here !!!!

nick.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 October 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWDboy wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 17:53

Can someone get in contact with Farmsci_ST162 and get him to sell his motor to me? I haven't had any luck with PMing etc as I don't think he comes on here anymore.

yea, he comes on, he is a """SOARER""" owner now, I will ask him for you the next time he comes on MSN, im pretty sure he sold it though, but dont quote me on that.

Karl
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 21 October 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice of him to let me know considering he said i could have it about a month ago...
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 21 October 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tried sending him an e-mail? I think i might have his address somewhere...
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 22 October 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWDboy wrote on Fri, 21 October 2005 12:33

Nice of him to let me know considering he said i could have it about a month ago...

it could have been you he was referring to when he said it was sold.

he hasn't been on for a couple of days. come to think of it, I haven't been on the computer than often either.

Karl
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 22 October 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got the jap spec computer from rob today.... MAn cars running really well.. And i can see abit of a power diffrence... Smile Guys any of yous a coming to the criuse tomrrow.. Smile
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 22 October 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanted to go in my nice red celica but its still broken Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 22 October 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rabsy86 wrote on Sat, 22 October 2005 16:05

Got the jap spec computer from rob today.... MAn cars running really well.. And i can see abit of a power diffrence... Smile Guys any of yous a coming to the criuse tomrrow.. Smile

and you better freaking give it back too lol! Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 22 October 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 13:54

1.Jack up the car
7. slip it back in place

hope it helps

bro, thanks SO much! was heaps helpful, and not too much drama at all really!

So first, after faning the car into a corner I was like this Very Happy followed by a Shocked and than Evil or Very Mad

and I am still sitting here like Evil or Very Mad

bot some piccies in the "toymods.net" 162 thread guys
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, i'm in need of a complete new front bar, how much would you roughly pay for it
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what did you run into? Razz

I saw one on ebay this morning for $60 if that's any help.
mahon
Regular

September 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys CHECK OUT THE FRONT BAR ON THIS ST162!

I have never seen it before - Im thinking its probly a custom fit from another models kit?!?!

CHECK IT OUT - http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/42/a3/64_12_sb.JPG
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 16:19

hey guys, i'm in need of a complete new front bar, how much would you roughly pay for it

what'd you DO!

yeah the ebay one wass $60 and white
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i emailed that guy about his fancy front bumper....ie what make is it, cost, and how east it was to mount.

looks good, but it looks wierd from side as the bumper sits really low to ground and rest of the car is up high.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well when a towbar meets front bar its never good, anyone car in front entered a roundabout without looking and broke so suddenly and yeah, put abit of a nasty dent into my bar.. i saw that one on ebay, but the person wants pick up only i think..?
mahon
Regular

September 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 17:55

yeah i emailed that guy about his fancy front bumper....ie what make is it, cost, and how east it was to mount.

looks good, but it looks wierd from side as the bumper sits really low to ground and rest of the car is up high.

Yeah,

I emailed him too and he was really rude about it. He said to me 'It was like that when I bought it'... and that was his answer to my ebay question of 'Wow thats awesome! What car is that front bar off? Was it expensive etc. etc.'

Oh well, still looks cool... but yeah it definately needs skirting and a rear bar
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rounded front makes me think it was designed for a 5th gen celica... so looks like one in that photo. It looks alright from the front, but i reckon if he had the full kit it'd look a bit odd... boxy st162 combined with swoopy kit = ARGH Crying or Very Sad No No No Nope
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someone tell me what weight oil toyota reccomends for a gen1 3s-ge

will 20-50 be ok in it?
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20-50 is fine. You don't really want to go lower than 20 with engines of our age.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k thnx
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When taking the the engine out of these celica's do they come out thru the top or thru the bottom of the engine bay? All these years i thought they came thru the top, but after today i have come to the conclusion that with that gearbox mount the way it is, and the steering rack fouling with the other mount that the engine has to come thru the bottom, Unless i get a kewl rare angle with the engine crane and weav it out.

Either that or take the gearbox out then take the enging up out the top?

somebody tell me so i don't keep doing things the hard way.
Laughing
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just take 'em out of the bottom - as with most FWD cars actually, usually is alot easier than effing around pulling out this and that from the top.

ONE THING TO BEWARE OF! The power steering pump has a plastic little connector/junction on the bottom - be very very watchful of that on the way down - don't say I didn't warn you Razz My advice would be to take the power steering pump out before you drop the engine just to be sure... but it's up to you.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 29 October 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx RWDboy, I'll save my self wrecking the PS plastic junction by taking your advice!

much appreciated! Cheers.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 29 October 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought i'd let u all know my bodykit is for sale...
Its in the Body and interior part, would be a good place to mention it considerin u all have st162/165s hehe..

Askin $1000 for it all..

Its sad selling cars Sad
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 29 October 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that was a job well done, tractor hydrualics whent haywire tossed the engine into the air and crashed down onto the celica body. Dam!!
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 29 October 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey TRD-162 what is the actuall color of the bodykit?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 29 October 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bodykit is red!
Pages (63): [ «  <  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:48:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.020853042602539 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.