Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DigitalAE86
Regular

May 2002
Brembo Rotors Sat, 06 March 2004 09:59 Go to next message
Just wanting to remind people of a good contact to source Brembo rotors from:

www.eliteauto.ca

They are based in Canada, but even when you add the cost of freight, the prices are still pretty competitive. I got vented/cross drilled rotors for my old AE86 from them a couple of years ago and they provided great service. I'm just about to order rotors for my new MX83.

The guys name is Raymond and you can get him on raymond@eliteauto.ca

My apologies if I haven't put this post in the right section.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 March 2004 10:06]

Send a private message to this user    
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Brembo Rotors Sat, 06 March 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much did the ae86 disks set you back $$$$$
DigitalAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brembo Rotors Sun, 07 March 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought front and rear rotors and from memory, they cost me about AUS$380.00 (Inc shipping). Took about 6 weeks by sea.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Brembo Rotors Sun, 07 March 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let us know how much the MX83 ones are.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brembo Rotors Sun, 07 March 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why would you wait 6 weeks and pay extra for "brembo" rotors? They are just cast iron rotors like anything else, to the same dimentions. Yes, Brembo may make some good big brake calipers and disks, but if you are ordering disks for your standard car the rotors are only going to be the same generic stuff that your car originaly had. I ordered new rotors from DBA, and ended up getting Brembo disks sent to me. DBA probably only make the popular ones themselves and stock another brand to fill out the rest of their catalog.

Just order from DBA, its cheaper. What is better, a lump of iron with "Brembo" stamped on it or a lump or iron with "PBR" stamped on it? Its the same stuff.
DigitalAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brembo Rotors Mon, 08 March 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My local ABS brake shop has quoted me $169 per MX83 rotor. The 4 Brembo rotors are going to cost me AUS$570 (Inc freight) and be delivered in 3 days.

I'm not worried about the delivery taking longer, so I'm now waiting on a price for the "6 week" delivery time.

With these prices, the Brembo's will be cheaper than the local alternative.

Please let me know if / where I can get a better price then the ABS quote. I'll be calling a few places tomorrow to make sure I'm getting the best deal. I agree that each manufacturers standard "lumps of iron" must be pretty similar in quality, but if I can get the "best" cheaper, then why not.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Brembo Rotors Mon, 08 March 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess its the same as anything.. would you rather wear dunlop or nike?
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brembo Rotors Mon, 08 March 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my cressi could do with better brakes how much if we split the cost of shipping and order a few at once???

[Updated on: Mon, 08 March 2004 12:20]

DigitalAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Brembo Rotors Tue, 09 March 2004 09:53 Go to previous message
Well, the Brembo's aren't so expensive after all. The following are the quotes that I got today (all prices are for a pair). All rotors are DBA.

Super Cheap - $412 (F) $360 (R)

Autobarn - $450 (F) $450 (R)

Repco - $460 (F) $406 (R)

mx83toy
They'll only give discounts on the rotors if we order ten. I'll check on what the shipping costs may be, but you'll need to find out how much it's going to cost to get them from Melb to Sydney. E-mail me at oldae86@bigpond.com if you're serious.

Brad

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2004 09:58]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE111 front struts
Next Topic:5" Autometer Autogauge Tacho- $250
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 8 12:39:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067050457000732 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.