Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

exhaust for 7mge ma70 Mon, 08 March 2004 08:37 Go to next message
Whats the best size & style for me to get?
Starting at the front of the car, where the two pipes come down into the single pipe near the gearbox.

Thanks
Blake
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: exhaust for 7mge ma70 Mon, 08 March 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pickup a set of extractors

then 2.5inch mandrel it straight through

depends how loud you want it really.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: exhaust for 7mge ma70 Mon, 08 March 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How bout you save it for the money pit that is your other car and then think about upgrading it...
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: exhaust for 7mge ma70 Mon, 08 March 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my current exhaust has a hole in it, and as soon as ive got the other one running, ill fix it. AM wanting to know size etc in advance.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: exhaust for 7mge ma70 Mon, 08 March 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeez, if you're only going to 2 1/2" then press-bends should suffice? i thought mandrel bend should only be an option if you couldn't get decent press-bent pipe?

anyway, i'd advise a hot-dog-style resonator after the CAT and your choice of noise box at the rear? Lukey or similar - something Oz made anyway.

btw: is the hole in the system or the manifold?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: exhaust for 7mge ma70 Mon, 08 March 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
system near the cat i think Confused
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: exhaust for 7mge ma70 Mon, 08 March 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there wa a recent thread on exhaust shops on boost cruising recently:

<http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?show topic=31094&hl=exhaust>

but remember most of that's site's membership (excluding MR DOHC) is 15yrs old and thinks there's a proportional relationship between sticker size, RWHP and penile length.

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: exhaust for 7mge ma70 Mon, 08 March 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2.5" is about right, any bigger than that will be heaps louder with little or no benefit. You might want to consider a 3" dump into a 3" cat and then narrowing to a 2.5" cat-back system, but it depends on the size of the outlet on your extractors (no point going larger). Remember the first metre or so of your exhaust is the important bit, the rest is just there to channel the gases away from the passengers.

As for mandrel bending, I'd only bother pre-cat... after that press-bending will be fine. There aren't any sharp bends in an MA70 exhaust anyway.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: exhaust for 7mge ma70 Mon, 08 March 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After going under the car the other day......id say by either increasing the diameter of my exhaust to 2.5 or getting mandrel bends, i could increase flow by a fair bit, esp at the diff!

Currently have 2.25 press.
rebbot
Regular

October 2003
Re: exhaust for 7mge ma70 Wed, 10 March 2004 08:18 Go to previous message
I just got a full 3" HKS Super Dragger Catback onto my GA70. It has 2 hi-flow resonators and sounds pretty good. Low bassy sound. Not too loud though. Get a 3" hi-flow cat as well as a DP and you are ready to rock Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:IDB Automotive Brake kits
Next Topic:Sprinter stall?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Oct 26 15:38:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046701431274414 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.