I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Mk2 Supra Colour Tue, 13 August 2002 13:41 Go to next message

What colour?[ 21 vote(s) ]
1.The Blue 14 / 67%
2.The Green 0 / 0%
3.The Red 1 / 5%
4.Something Else 6 / 29%

I'm moving this from the Tech section to the General section so I can use a poll. I'm planning on doing the body kind of like the green one, but in whatever colour. I'm leaning towards the blue atm.

Whats the go peoples?

[Updated on: Tue, 13 August 2002 13:42]

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Tue, 13 August 2002 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok peoples, let me make it now...if you put other...what colour!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon3.gif  Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Tue, 13 August 2002 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Either a dark blue, or black.
ma61_turbo
Regular

June 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Wed, 14 August 2002 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with Nark. Either a really dark blue, or black. Dark colours make the car look bad-arse Evil or Very Mad
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Wed, 14 August 2002 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
black with green pearl

it will look black unless there is light hitting it,

i.e. sun reflecting streetlights etc.

too bad your not in brisbane i have perfected the art of pearl not too many spray painters can do it properly i.e. uneven coats, most dont care you can always cut and polish but not with pearl

expect to pay big bucks just for the paint from memory my lilac pearl cost $300/litre

course it is that plus the base coat (black) so maybe if you can find a straight black one
dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Wed, 14 August 2002 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like yellow.... not as mean and tough looking as the dark blue or blace, and wheels will be more difficult to choose, but hey, it'll stand out!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Thu, 15 August 2002 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want something that makes the car look a little more modern, and has a nice look to it to make it stand apart from other cars...but not stand out! Razz
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Thu, 15 August 2002 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yuk!!...that light green 1 looks crap...terrible body mods and wheels(too ricey).....
anyway ,yeah i reckon a dark blue would look very nice on a MA61
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Sun, 18 August 2002 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In what way do you feel they are terrible body mods? I didn't think they looked too bad.

The wheels in my opinion look a bit stuffed up, but I don't think they look ricey. Look in the members section at Paul Pyvarra's car...same wheels Simmons FR17's.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Sun, 18 August 2002 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Black with deep purple pearl. Deep dishes and Lowered.

Actually, don't do that, that's what I'm wanting lol.
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well franky, it`s most likely the colour that makes that car look crap.Also those side skirts don`t suit !(i realy hate side skirts)!!!!.....IMO there is no need to mess with the MA61`s body at all....it looks fine the way it came from the factory and any attempt to add extra bits just degrades it.Especially those rubber spoiler things that sit on the end of the hatch that some poeple have GRRRRRR!!As for the wheels they look fine on paul`s car but just don`t suit that green 1 at all.
Anyway, entirely my opinion only
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats cool, I was trying to work out what was so bad about it. The side skirts are just something I added on because I was too lazy to lower the car Smile
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hot pink with a couple of pink nodding cats in the rear window.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'frank' have you thought about going 2 tone? thats my plan. the ma61's body and flares lends itself beautifully to mildly separated colours. ive saved one of those images you posted up, and ill hit it with photoshop, and you can tell me what you think.

cheers
ed
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not bad example of 2 tone Mk2 here

http://ma70.com/danmac/85supra.htm
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.eds.au.com/toymods/ma61reda.jpg

a bit rough, but you get the idea.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and no i dont mean leave the back of the car red No No No
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spose that looks ok, I think it would date the car a little more when I'm going for more of a modern look...

As for that other one...I just dont like it...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, I'm going for something like this:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/stuff/ Project%20Supra%20-%20Front%20Quarter.jpg

This is the last thing I was working on before my HDD died...at least I put it somewhere safe Sad

I think thats what I want...only those wheels bite...IMHO anyway Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a deep metallic green or deep metallic blue looks amazing. Of course, you'd be forking out $$$ for a metallic job, but then.. the respray is gonna cost thousands anyhow Smile
my colour of choice is black... very cliché I know, but nothing looks meaner than a black sports car with nice big overfenders like the MA61 has
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Mon, 19 August 2002 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't paint it like the silver/red one above. Looks like shit.

Looks like a quick dodgy front end repair job.

If you want two tone, try the two colours horizontal on the car.

IE: Paint all around the bottom to say, half way up the doors, then the other colour to the top.

But I'd personally go for a single colour, preferably not black unless you like washing your car and polishing out scratches every 2 days.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Tue, 20 August 2002 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but it's worth the effort for that sexiness
black 300zx *drools and goes to change his pants*
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Wed, 21 August 2002 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still reckon the metallic green i suggested, although I saw one on a new (ie last years model) pulsar, green with a gold sorta look.

I think you should stay away from black as its a bitch in every way, the body has to be sooo perfect to put it on, every little mark is OBVIOUS, and its been done to death.

That blue that you were messing with looks great, although I'm sick of every bastard except me having photshop!
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Wed, 21 August 2002 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok... seeing as you all hated my undercoat grey...

heres the colour that i like.

and below it we have the options of my carbon fibre bonnet, and also the optional carbon fibre flares and spoiler ... lol hehehe

http://www.eds.au.com/toymods/ma61bloodred.jpg

cheers
ed
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra Colour Thu, 22 August 2002 07:50 Go to previous message
I think the blue is a goer, black seems too hard, plus with my black interior it'd be a bitch!

Seen a few Sti's today, and I like it!

As for photoshop, you could always download Paint Shop Pro 7 and the crack for it...not that I'm condoning that sort of behaviour, but its pretty easy to find! Does a lot of stuff too, most of my pics are done in it!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GIN5IE's Dyno Results !!!!
Next Topic:Car cruising club ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:41:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059800148010254 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.