Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
reece12
Occasional Poster

March 2004
ae 86 help Tue, 09 March 2004 08:20 Go to next message
hey guysi need some help please is it possible to put a ae 92 sx 4age 100kw enigne in a ae 86 1985 sprinter with out the standard ae 86 components ie gear box , diff , anythnig else etc
? thanks great site btw.
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ae 86 help Tue, 09 March 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no it's not possible Rolling Eyes

lemme guess, you didn't have a look at the FWD to RWD tech article did you? or even try the search on google?
yes, you do need help Wink keyboard help Very Happy

good luck with your search,
Cya, Stewart
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: ae 86 help Tue, 09 March 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 09 March 2004 19:25

no it's not possible Rolling Eyes

lemme guess, you didn't have a look at the FWD to RWD tech article did you? or even try the search on google?
yes, you do need help Wink keyboard help Very Happy

good luck with your search,
Cya, Stewart

If you look closer oldcorollas, you will see that reece12 is a new comer and probably doesnt even know that there is a article section.

I think you'll find that YOUR the one that needs help, maybe there is something in your eye?

He came here to learn and gather info, maybe he did do a search and wasnt able to find what he was after.

Either answer the dudes question or shut up, its that simple.

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ae 86 help Tue, 09 March 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do have something in my eye, it's a condition called NOOB-ITIS
seriously tho, how many toyota people, or AE86 owners out there don't know that a 4AG can be made RWD, i don't own a 4AG or an AE86, heck my car is 35 years old!! but i can still reel off a number of sites where this info can be found. a quick look at the tech articles would give an answer. a google search would have turned up phil bradshaws page, and probably a dozen more...

oki, i apologise for jumping at you reece12, but i expect an apology for you not searching for something that has been covered sooo many times before Wink

i did give you 2 options to find your answers, maybe you used them Wink

FKN16V didn't even bother to try and help you, he just came onto the thread to slag me off Wink Laughing
yayy i'm slag worthy!!!

Cya, Stewart
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: ae 86 help Tue, 09 March 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think oldcorollas was well within his rights to make such a statement.... the Tech Section rules CLEARLY STATE:

Quote:

BEFORE POSTING a new thread, please use the Search function to look for any existing material that may already exist in the Forum back catalogue. Use of Google is also encouraged to get an idea of basic concepts BEFORE asking more specific questions.

With just a few minutes effort, he would never have to ask this question in the first place. Ok... lets see now, here's a few threads to read, and some articles as well.

My 4age 100kw RWD conversion!

4a-ge FAQ guide

FWD to RWD 4A-GE conversion article

And now... if he had spend the 15 seconds it took me to do a search for the words "4age rwd" in subject line only, and only in the Tech Section - he would have found OVER 35 THREADS ABOUT 4A-GE RWD CONVERSIONS!!!!

p.s. i appologise for the rant, but im starting to get tired.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2004 13:23]

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: ae 86 help Tue, 09 March 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 10 March 2004 00:10

i do have something in my eye, it's a condition called NOOB-ITIS
seriously tho, how many toyota people, or AE86 owners out there don't know that a 4AG can be made RWD, i don't own a 4AG or an AE86, heck my car is 35 years old!! but i can still reel off a number of sites where this info can be found. a quick look at the tech articles would give an answer. a google search would have turned up phil bradshaws page, and probably a dozen more...

oki, i apologise for jumping at you reece12, but i expect an apology for you not searching for something that has been covered sooo many times before Wink

i did give you 2 options to find your answers, maybe you used them Wink

FKN16V didn't even bother to try and help you, he just came onto the thread to slag me off Wink Laughing
yayy i'm slag worthy!!!

Cya, Stewart

Perhaps i jump the gun a little, i have 2 kids and Ive been up since 3am.

Once i properly read and understand the question ill give an answer if i can, but everytime i see one of your post i get sick in the stomach because of your signature.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ae 86 help Tue, 09 March 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, i cannot apologise for my sig, there is a reason for it to be there, this thread even Wink

although i am by no means a google 'wizard'
it truly does take me less time to find an answer with google than it does to read your posts

if you have been burnt by me before, you have not pm'd me about it, so what can i do? all people who are new to the internet should learn to use www.google.com.au as quickly as possible. it saves them embarrasment, and others time.

google is very powerful, and the search engine on this site is not too bad either.... both should be used to their full extent.

if you have a personal problem with me, PM me, don't snipe on posts, it is against the forum rules and brings everything down...

now, back to tech...
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8 &oe=UTF-8&q=4age+fwd+rwd+conversion&me ta=

wow look!! Phils page, Bills page, the toymods tech article!!! BLING
Cya, Stewart
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: ae 86 help Thu, 11 March 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 10 March 2004 00:30

well, i cannot apologise for my sig, there is a reason for it to be there, this thread even Wink

although i am by no means a google 'wizard'
it truly does take me less time to find an answer with google than it does to read your posts

if you have been burnt by me before, you have not pm'd me about it, so what can i do? all people who are new to the internet should learn to use www.google.com.au as quickly as possible. it saves them embarrasment, and others time.

google is very powerful, and the search engine on this site is not too bad either.... both should be used to their full extent.

if you have a personal problem with me, PM me, don't snipe on posts, it is against the forum rules and brings everything down...

now, back to tech...
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8 &oe=UTF-8&q=4age+fwd+rwd+conversion&me ta=

wow look!! Phils page, Bills page, the toymods tech article!!! BLING
Cya, Stewart

No ive never been burnt or offended by what you say/have said or do, in fact you've helped me before, but i find it rather strange in your signiture you state that you dont give a rasberry about anybodys question but you still find time and effort to remark or give advice?

Perhaps if it was written in a different way. But i dont care if you leave it, thou it does seem strange doesnt it?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: ae 86 help Thu, 11 March 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
net nazi is coming i think
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ae 86 help Thu, 11 March 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone help the guy already !

reece, answer is no as u may already gathered ...

why are u keen on using that engine and its components anyway ? have u got one of those lying around ?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ae 86 help Thu, 11 March 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Thu, 11 March 2004 23:28

someone help the guy already !
reece, answer is no as u may already gathered ...
why are u keen on using that engine and its components anyway ? have u got one of those lying around ?

]the guy has been given a coupel of the best links ON THE NET for this conversion

the answer is no??? you're kidding right?
the 100kw 4AG into sprinter is a very very very very common conversion so the answer is

YES Very Happy

if i had a sprinter, i would put a 100kw in as a first step.

Cya, Stewart
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: ae 86 help Thu, 11 March 2004 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reece12 wrote on Tue, 09 March 2004 19:20

hey guysi need some help please is it possible to put a ae 92 sx 4age 100kw enigne in a ae 86 1985 sprinter with out the standard ae 86 components ie gear box , diff , anythnig else etc
? thanks great site btw.

Im still a little worried why he has asked the question in the first plus, he wants to use a 100kw 4ag in a sprinter with out using the sprinter gearbox and diff, well what sort of gearbox and diff combo were you thinking of?
net nazi
Regular

Forum Moderator

February 2004
Re: ae 86 help Fri, 12 March 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

be nice people

if you can't or don't want to help then you are better off posting nothing at all

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ae 86 help Fri, 12 March 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he originally meant WITH the standard AE86 components.. or thats how i read it...

in which case the answer is yes, use the gearbox diff etc.. just convert the motor to RWD as per the many articles around...

Cya, Stewart
reece12
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: ae 86 help Fri, 12 March 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey sorry for being a pest but i dont know nothning only what people have told me and i dont have full access to internet as i only can go on when i go to my m8's house.
Ok i think my first post was a bit screwed i tried to say can i put the sx 100 kw in the ae 86 sprinter WITHOUT changing the components of the sprinter sry for error
Will it be compatible thats my question
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: ae 86 help Fri, 12 March 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quick answer Yes.
Detailed answer: needs manifold change.
Really slow answer: im doing this now, and you can PM me and get the thread on another forum and pace along as i get my slow butt into doing this one.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: ae 86 help Fri, 12 March 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reece12 wrote on Fri, 12 March 2004 17:13

hey sorry for being a pest but i dont know nothning only what people have told me and i dont have full access to internet as i only can go on when i go to my m8's house.
Ok i think my first post was a bit screwed i tried to say can i put the sx 100 kw in the ae 86 sprinter WITHOUT changing the components of the sprinter sry for error
Will it be compatible thats my question

Dude seriously look to the left of your screen and click on articles, go into FWD to RWD 4A-GE Conversion by Michael Seymour, then go edit up the top, select all, copy and paste into a blank word file, save that shit and print and now its portable to be read by one and all.

That way you wont hold up your friends internet time.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ae 86 help Fri, 12 March 2004 12:42 Go to previous message
FKN16V wrote on Fri, 12 March 2004 23:38

Dude seriously look to the left of your screen and click on articles, go into FWD to RWD 4A-GE Conversion by Michael Seymour, then go edit up the top, select all, copy and paste into a blank word file, save that shit and print and now its portable to be read by one and all.

That way you wont hold up your friends internet time.

LOL Laughing a couple more threads like this and you'll be changing your Sig to a google one too Razz LOL Very Happy Razzzzzzzz
Cya, Stewart

[Updated on: Fri, 12 March 2004 12:47]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20 valve black top ae86
Next Topic:Camry (gen3) Electrical Wiring
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 15:21:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068869590759277 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.