Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
icon5.gif  A/C on a 4agte Wed, 10 March 2004 07:28 Go to next message
I know this has been talked about before somewhere but i cant find it??

Which A/C unit do i have to use on a 4agte? Is it the na one or the gze one?
Also, Which alternator do i have to use?
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: A/C on a 4agte Wed, 10 March 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak when i did my 4agte conversion, i basically made my 4agze engine look just like a 4age.
i used the 4age alternator and it's bracket. the coolant outlet off the head that the top alt mount bolts to, the pipe that runs from that outlet to the thermastat housing etc.
you use a 4age a/c bracket and tensioner with the 4age a/c compressor (i gotta hurry up and put my a/c compressor back on and get it gassed, the heat is killing me this year.).. Laughing

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: A/C on a 4agte Wed, 10 March 2004 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats all good but i noticed that the na a/c unit runs a smaller belt than the sc one? Confused
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: A/C on a 4agte Wed, 10 March 2004 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak same section belt, but shorter yes. why would that be a problem?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: A/C on a 4agte Wed, 10 March 2004 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you look at the pully on the na a/c you'll notice that it has three raised ridges where the belt goes and if you look at the sc one it has four. Which means it runs a wider belt, and the na compressor doesnt seem to line up right? its a little off.
If i run the sc compressor the mounting bracket doesnt have a belt tensioner. Also the pipes that join up are in a different location although i dont know if they are the same fitting to be honest.

For some reason things just arent working Mad

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: A/C on a 4agte Wed, 10 March 2004 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been trying to dummy fit the turbo in there to just to check how much space i have and all i have to say is SHIT! There's no room in there at all!!!!

Where about's is your turbo mounted? Low or high? Did you move the oil filter?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: A/C on a 4agte Wed, 10 March 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak shit sorry mate, they are one section smaller belt. Embarassed

do you have the 4age a/c compressor mount? (you need the tensioner it has anyways) the 4age and 4agze a/c compressors have different offset pulley's, so you need to use the correct mount for each compressor. the 4age compressor on the 4agze mount will not line up with the crank pulley. if it did then you could use a 3pk a/c comp belt on the 4pk crank pulley.

yes you will need the pipes from the 4age a/c compressor, they are different at the compressor. but join on to the same fittings in the middle there.

as i said earlier, i made my 4agze engine look exactly like a 4age engine. i actually drove it as a na for three weeks b4 i bolted the turbo manifold and turbo etc on.

i took my oil filter sandwhich plates off and have the oil filter directly onto the block like a later 4agze has, that cleared up some extra room. the turbo flange is just a little higer than the top lip of the oil filter mount on my block, when i had it lower i had oil return problems.

there room there man, what turbo you useing?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: A/C on a 4agte Wed, 10 March 2004 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S15 GT28. The w/g actuator is way too big, it's giving me the shits! I'm thinking of getting the w/g welded up and putting an external one in. Better sound Smile and they are more acurate so i've been told.

I have all the parts off both of the engines.

Ok, One more time for the dummies Laughing I need the ge compressor on the ge mount and bolt it all on the gze.
And i use the ge alternator on the gze as well.

Is that right?

And in doing it that way, it will all line up and i can still use the same belts?

Sorry John, I'm a bit slow Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: A/C on a 4agte Thu, 11 March 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak yes, you would use the 4age alternator (i might have to e-mail you on the wiring of it, the reg i think is a differnt set-up by memory from that of the 4agze).
yes the 4age a/c compressor and main pipes with the mount.
it will all line up and then use the belts for a 4age.

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: A/C on a 4agte Thu, 11 March 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, Thanks.

What do you think about this manifold???

http://www.racingstrong.com/RSGT/emanifold.asp

Found it while i was looking for some stuff.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: A/C on a 4agte Thu, 11 March 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak personally i would leave Bill's wild turbo set-up to him. Smile
unless you really want something like that, but thats up to you.

a simple log style or something like the HK$ copy manifold that Carl Crawford made is all that you would need, and a lot easier to set-up than Bill's set-up would be (well thats the way i see it)..

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: A/C on a 4agte Thu, 11 March 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you would get just a little lag with that manifold Laughing

I think the reason i cant get shit to fit is cause i havent finished the engine mount yet and i cant jack the car high enough to get under there properly. I better have it done this weekend! Mad

With your oil filter, do you just take the filter off and remove the two plates and the filter will screw straight on or whats the go with that? Cause I'm thinking of getting an oil filter relocation kit.
I'm hoping that will clear up a fair bit of space.

Also, you know on the na sump how you have that oil return line that pokes out of the sump? I was thinking, could i take that sump off and put it on the 4agze and use it for an oil return line for the turbo??? Rolling Eyes Saves me having to tap the sump?!

There is so much to consider with all of this Shocked
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: A/C on a 4agte Thu, 11 March 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 11 March 2004 21:22

I think the reason i cant get shit to fit is cause i havent finished the engine mount yet and i cant jack the car high enough to get under there properly. I better have it done this weekend! Mad

buy some cheap ramps man, i couldnt live with-out mine. Wink
what you doing to your mount?

Quote:

With your oil filter, do you just take the filter off and remove the two plates and the filter will screw straight on or whats the go with that?

i took the bolt that the filter screws to off the outer plate, put a washer on it and bolted it onto the block where the sandwhich plates where (i put a washer on to bring a little more thread out for the filter).

Quote:

Cause I'm thinking of getting an oil filter relocation kit.
I'm hoping that will clear up a fair bit of space.

well that to would be good, if you got some spare cash.

Quote:

Also, you know on the na sump how you have that oil return line that pokes out of the sump? I was thinking, could i take that sump off and put it on the 4agze and use it for an oil return line for the turbo??? Rolling Eyes Saves me having to tap the sump?!

yeah, you could do that. make sure you get a straight fitting to screw into it though. that banjo fitting i would think as a restriction for the oil return.

Quote:

There is so much to consider with all of this Shocked

yep, but it's not that hard... Very Happy
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: A/C on a 4agte Thu, 11 March 2004 20:21 Go to previous message
Quote:

buy some cheap ramps man, i couldnt live with-out mine. Wink
what you doing to your mount?

I got some, but the engine is proped up at the moment and i cant lift it till the mount is finished. Instead of slotting the mount i am making a new one on the engine. A bit stronger i think. This way the engine will sit perfectly without putting stress on any other mounts.

Quote:

yeah, you could do that. make sure you get a straight fitting to screw into it though. that banjo fitting i would think as a restriction for the oil return.

Yeah......I'll have to have a closer look at it. I just saw it it thought " Yeah, i can use that Smile "
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE101 rotors
Next Topic:3tgteu wiring diagram
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 23 13:28:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072319507598877 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.